cyradis4

Send Biome Blockers to the AP

I support this suggestion with a variant... Basically, I would prefer that, instead of having the unwanted eggs dropped in the AP every five minutes, they would be dropped at the hour and that the 5 minutes shuffle was kept. The rationale is that maybe someone really needs that egg but wasn't there at the previous 5 minutes shuffle but could be on in i.e. 10.

Note that I would prefer to have a shuffle every minute instead of 5 but that would be off-topic. I think.

The reasons for support were fully covered by others: if the eggs get deleted at the hour, the ratios stay as they are, if they go to the AP and get caught when their TOD is "desirable", the ratios improve.

I support this suggestion with a variant... Basically, I would prefer that, instead of having the unwanted eggs dropped in the AP every five minutes, they would be dropped at the hour and that the 5 minutes shuffle was kept. The rationale is that maybe someone really needs that egg but wasn't there at the previous 5 minutes shuffle but could be on in i.e. 10.

Note that I would prefer to have a shuffle every minute instead of 5 but that would be off-topic. I think.

The reasons for support were fully covered by others: if the eggs get deleted at the hour, the ratios stay as they are, if they go to the AP and get caught when their TOD is "desirable", the ratios improve.

Hi, _Sin_! smile.gif

I don't know if you've seen Fiona BlueFire's comment just above, but she explains the problems with the shuffle itself.

Just to mention, these would be over-common eggs of which there would be multiples in any given generated line-up for the appropriate biome, a number of which may appear in the biomes through the hour or day, but perhaps the next egg of that type might have a cooler code worth taking.

Single examples taken from each biome just now, although originally wasn't going to use the Forest and Jungle, only they did have uber-commons with the new eggs, so the biomes are all represented but not in the identical order displayed on the page:

This dull purple egg has two bright stripes on it. This egg is sitting in a shallow puddle. This egg resembles a glowing stone This egg is sitting in a pile of small pebbles. This egg has strange markings on it. This egg shakes from time to time, as if it is eager to hatch.

Next and later examples (just at the hourly - didn't realize the time and the Cave froze, lol) *2 x This egg shines in the moonlight* (just after the hourly, between pages freezing) This striped egg feels moist. *2 x This egg resembles a glowing stone* This egg is sitting in a pile of small pebbles. This egg is hidden by some leaves. Lol, Forest had *3 x This massive egg is covered with thick plates.* (which is obviously a good thing in this instance, and there was a new egg in Jungle as well, which I didn't use in example for obvious reasons, just as I also didn't use new eggs in the previous example, just the nearest of the uber-Commons [saw nothing else, of course] or any multiples showing, to make the point.)

Anyone who tries hunting the biomes knows that eggs like those examples above are often stared at and refreshed over until either taken by someone, nearly always to see what might show up and very often to AP-toss later, or auto-tossed by the system after 5 minutes, and that more of the same will show up IF the biomes are moving.

But since we generally don't see the biomes moving very often, (at least I certainly don't, lol,) we might not think of this swarm of multiples of over-Commons waiting behind, lol.

So I'd think that all specimens of the overly-common probably don't need to be kept handy in case someone suddenly wants one, because there could be too many more along in a moment - IF the biomes were moving, movement currently (going by what I hear and what appears to be occurring in biomes) often created by people picking up unwanted eggs to see if something useful comes up, rather than people finding things they can use.

A recommended hunting tactic with those having room is simply to rapidly pick up the first however many eggs in a biome in case something useful lands on the scroll now quite likely locked for 5 hours, a tactic which sometimes works well but more likely resulting in nothing that is likely of use to them. Fun fun.

The removed eggs would go to the AP where there would be a steady supply of them surfacing because the Cave produces them at a far higher level than the environment (we) can cope with, so CB ultra-Commons that routinely sit in the Cave for 5 minutes could be regularly found in the AP at a lower time, at least by those aware of this.

But the odds are pretty darned good that any removed super-Common will be replaced in that biome by a similar if not same Common egg - many glassy-eyed Cave hunters and the Dragon Lords know that plenty more of each uber-common type would still be regenerated each hour for probably a long time to come. laugh.gif

Enough of the over-Commons would have to be picked up over time as the far more desirable low-time AP eggs, and raised or Frozen to reduce the gap in the Cave ratios to increase the variety appearing in the Cave, that the biomes could move as people saw dragons they wanted or could use - actually having fun and productive hunts.

And even if something like this was instituted immediately, for probably a lot longer than we'd like, each particular example of an overproduced egg appearing and sitting for 5 minutes would almost assuredly not be the only one of its kind likely to pop up in that particular biome in the very near future, IF the biomes were moving despite this.

If I may, asking you as an IT person - would it probably be easier/simpler to directly send eggs to the AP at each 5-minute removal mark, or to retain them and keep track of all shown and rejected eggs through each hour in each biome so that these all went to the AP at that point in the hourly, while the rest of the previous hour's eggs were deleted and the new hourly eggs regenerated all at once?

Would doing this all at the hourly in all biomes add to the current lag issues?

I obviously have no idea of any of this stuff, lol.

But the various points of this involve allowing people to actually hunt in the biomes rather than, too-often, just refreshing a lot, by making enough of the over-Common eggs desirable enough (low-time) that long-standing ratio issues are addressed, so that there's more variety and movement in the biomes to make hunting fun, rather than boring - and there are plenty of the over-Common eggs appearing in the various biomes without having the identical eggs as well as, or instead of, others of the same kind appearing.

And if it turns out (though we'll probably never know without consistently noting codes rather than fanatically refreshing, just in case,) that the identical eggs are not likely to reappear, there actually doesn't seem much point in retaining them then either.

If, in this suggestion, the eggs were going to be gone after the hour, rather than appearing at a lower time in the AP, I'd be more likely to be in agreement with retaining them until then, but the more I've considered this, the better directly clearing them out one at a time, as a single action at the time of removal from the biome, sounds.

Apart from anything else, individual eggs invisibly arriving in the back of the AP would then be 'folded in' with various dropped bred, as well as picked-up-to-drop or misclicked CB eggs, rather than having a solid mass of hourly dumped CBs appear on top of the AP at some point, so that APing these biome eggs separately would be providing more variety than would be found in each incoming batch of surfacing bulk AP eggs for those seeking breds only or either breds or CBs.

This is intended to make both biome and AP hunting better, after all...

Lol, so let me know if I'm talking through my hat yet again - at this rate, I don't think I'll ever catch up on enough sleep to guess. laugh.gif

I think I may have posted here, but reflecting I'm still saying NOPE no support

Simply put for me, I have never seen the domes just SITTING there, for me they're always moving. May be just me though

The second reason, I hunt the AP finding lineages from the blockers. I don't want to find CBs, unless maybe 1 in ten. Plus as mentioned before the ER eggs would die before being picked up.

I think I may have posted here, but reflecting I'm still saying NOPE no support

Simply put for me, I have never seen the domes just SITTING there, for me they're always moving. May be just me though

The second reason, I hunt the AP finding lineages from the blockers. I don't want to find CBs, unless maybe 1 in ten. Plus as mentioned before the ER eggs would die before being picked up.

The only times ER eggs die in the AP is when they are blocked by a Holiday wall. And.... That's a completely different situation, which occurs for 3 weeks out of 52 weeks in a year. And actually, there are several ideas out there to help with that situation.

Personally, the few times recently I've tried to hunt the Biomes, I've gotten bored to death by them, because the only time you see movement is on the 5 minutes. That might seem like a short amount of time.... And compared to a full day it is. But most of the time, within 10 seconds of the shuffle, the same blocker breeds are showing again.

And.... The 5 minute shuffle doesn't help with the primary problem: The ratios. It affects everything on the site, and the only way to get things to move better in the biomes permanently and in breeding is to get more of the under-populated dragons raised. And to me, the best way to do that is to find a way to make them low-time. Except during the first 2 days of a new release (or during the Holidays), incu-hatchable eggs are snatched up super fast.

Cheers!

C4.

This sounds like it's worth a trial period, just to see how the AP ends up to be within a week or so.

I believe I've mentioned this before, but I'll explain my idea in as much detail as possible.

So, we know the 5-min shuffle does nothing, and the hour-delete could be viewed as outright harmful for the ratios. So obviously, what we need is a punter.

I have two possible ways for doing this, one of which has already been mentioned and the other I've literally come up with on the spot as I type.

The one I just came up with, before I forget it:

When you gain a CB egg, there are two options. One, you can grab it as normal, wait your 5 hours, and do whatever you like with it. Two, you can become a 'punter' - the egg stays on your scroll for 5 mins and is then auto-APd. The 5min wait prevents people simply scrolling through and punting all the eggs until they find a rare, and the auto-AP prevents this being abused as a way around the 5-hour cooldown for keeping an egg.

I have little idea of exactly how the code for it would work, but here's what it should look like to the user.

The cave appears normally, with the three eggs in each biome. However, when you click an egg, a new screen appears. It says, "You pick up the egg from the pile. Several of your dragons are passing it between them, but once they put it down, will you keep it or put it in the pile?" (underlined in this text, but linked in the cave.) The 'Keep it' link would go to the normal 'grabbed an egg' page we currently have, except perhaps with a minor addition of "You decide you like the egg, and you will keep it for now." But the 'pile it' link heads to a new page, saying, "Once your dragons put down the egg, you decide you will abandon it." The egg's view page now has a new timer under the 'egg will die in:' timer, saying "Egg will be abandoned in:" and counting down from 5 minutes.

This allows users to abandon the eggs themselves, hopefully moving the cave faster. It'll move quickly for a few days until the novelty of punting wears off, and then begin moving at a moderate pace, not as fast as the novelty-punting but still faster than it moves currently.

There could be a new action: 'unpunt' or 'keep' for punted eggs, that gives them a 5-hour time limit again and lets you keep it.

Aaaaand the second one...

This one is a simple timer for every biome egg, for, say, 2 mins. This gives time for any egg to be grabbed without waiting as long as the shuffle does. Once their timer is up, they are punted to the AP. It would require three timers per biome, but remove the 5-min shuffle as they would clash and that's only 10 more timers... Which would be exact code-copies of each other and the other 5 timers. (unless I misremembered how many biomes there are, or there was only one 'overall' shuffler rather than a shuffle timer for each biome. I figured there was a shuffler per biome and 5 biomes, but if I'm wrong then there's a little more copying involved.)

For both ideas, we will probably need a second AP, or even more. Perhaps when each egg is abandoned a random number is generated between 1 and X, where X is how many APs we have. The egg is then sent to that AP and its number is cleared either when it's in the AP or when it's collected - whichever is easier for TJ to code in and easier for DC to keep up.

For the user, there would be one major change. The main cave page would not be affected, but the current AP page would have its list of eggs replaced with: "As you approach the pile, you see that it looks more like X piles. Which one to you look at?" Followed by several links leading to the different APs. The links could be represented either by text - possibly "Pile 1" etc - or a little picture, perhaps looking like a pile of eggs.

This would result in an equal amount of eggs in each AP, and with perhaps a little surveying and tweaking to find the right X, it would make eggs move a lot faster. Almost all or all of the eggs would be at least seen and probably collected, meaning far fewer egg deaths and evening the ratios to acceptable levels, possibly even making CB rares actually obtainable! biggrin.gif (despite a fast mouse-hand I never seem to catch anything good - not even a Red has fallen into my hands from the Cave.)

Let me know what you think. If there are any tweaks you would like to suggest for the ideas, or a preference of one over the other, add your opinion! I'll try to work in any tweaks while still keeping the ideas intact.

But please, no hating or loving without reason - a flat 'I like this' or 'I hate both ideas, do kill yourself' does nothing. Give reasons.

I don't know why I bother saying that, most people here are good at giving reasons biggrin.gif

This sounds like it's worth a trial period, just to see how the AP ends up to be within a week or so.

One week or so might maximize the number of eggs added from this, but the average ages of the eggs would (if this made enough difference) go down over time; since AP eggs are taken far more quickly when lower time and snapped up when Incuhatchable and like hotcakes when ER, wouldn't it likely take something over a week to get an real idea of what the eventual overall balance of the AP would work out to?

Frankly, what with my greedy scroll-stuffing of what amounts to 5 new eggs, and with the mystery colours of the Gems (in example, so far I have only one known pairing of Greens and one of Blues, but 2 and 1/2 of Reds, and I want at least two pairings plus spares of each colour, which I suspect is typical of many of us,) I know that I keep eyeing Incuhatchables in the AP for which I simply lack even hatchy-spaces to glutton out on right now, a situation which will continue until I've caught up with the numbers of pairings I want of each kind of long-awaited new dragons.

So because of the circumstances - this lovely New Release and the numbers of different dragons and the unknown-until-hatching colours of 3 of them - many of us aren't taking advantage of this lovely AP the way we normally would, or the Incuhatchables would be long gone.

But while under normal conditions an AP full of low-time eggs can be cleared in very short order, when people have room to do so, it takes time for an increased rate of 7-day eggs to lose several days of time to appear on top as Incuhatchable/ERs, and it may also take time for this to stabilize, so I'd suggest that at least a little longer period at a more typical time might be required to determine an average result for this.

Also, if TJ (pretty-please with flying pancakes on top! laugh.gif ) was to allow us that Time Based Egg Slot, (which I do hope hasn't entirely passed right out of mind) we'd have an extra egg slot with the 3 additional hatchy-spaces, and this would work out even more beautifully.

Between biomes moving better and an AP full of low-timers, I suspect a that lot more often-absent members would be spending a lot more time here, especially if breeding improved, at least as far as Refusal issues are concerned.

I'd follow this idea. Half of the time when I want to look through the biomes I end up giving up out of frustration because nothing moves.

Just giving this a quick poke. We need to have more than just 'support, yay, make the cave move faster by punting eggs to the AP' and we need to figure out how we'll get those eggs to the AP and what mechanics we want the AP to use afterwards.

I personally like my user-based punter system best; it's very simple, with very few changes to the cave and one timer per punted egg. I'd certainly be punting an egg every so often, and I'm sure many others would. After all, it only requires 5mins of your precious eggslot, and then you get your slot back with no more effort. It's auto-AP'd after those 5mins to prevent bypassing of the 5hr limit and I'd suggest a 'keep' action to make misclicks treatable, but overall it's a very simple idea and I know TJ likes things that are simple. Less work for TJ! smile.gif If anyone has suggestions or opinions for my idea, please do express them!

I thought your idea was overly complicated. The simplest solution, in my opinion, is to have the code handle everything. I believe TJ mentioned once that the code doesn't track how long an egg is in view or even which egg is in view. That could have changed with the egg shuffle, but that's the thinking behind my idea of just having whatever is left in the queue be punted at the end of each hour. However, if I'm wrong about how things are coded, or if it would indeed be easier to code, TJ could also work things so that any egg that sits 5 minutes automatically gets punted. Those two proposals require nothing from the users. Everything is handled by the code.

Since the 5-min automatic shuffling was implemented I'd be totally okay with having all eggs punted at the end of the hour; it's not like having a bit of a backlog will hurt the AP outside of brief and unusual circumstances, and those in turn can be worked around with minor tweaks.

Mostly i think this will be a nice way for new releases to catch up re: ratios; most people are all over incuhatchable eggs in the AP because they hatch quick and don't take up much space.

e: Edited fist paragraph for clarity.

Edited by Guillotine

Just giving this a quick poke. We need to have more than just 'support, yay, make the cave move faster by punting eggs to the AP' and we need to figure out how we'll get those eggs to the AP and what mechanics we want the AP to use afterwards.

I personally like my user-based punter system best; it's very simple, with very few changes to the cave and one timer per punted egg. I'd certainly be punting an egg every so often, and I'm sure many others would. After all, it only requires 5mins of your precious eggslot, and then you get your slot back with no more effort. It's auto-AP'd after those 5mins to prevent bypassing of the 5hr limit and I'd suggest a 'keep' action to make misclicks treatable, but overall it's a very simple idea and I know TJ likes things that are simple. Less work for TJ! smile.gif If anyone has suggestions or opinions for my idea, please do express them!

Re the AP's mechanics: this idea works best if the mechanics stay the exact same as they are now. Which was the main point of suggesting this, as it uses already existing mechanics of the site. As for the AP being "too full", the OP has some of my best guess numbers in it.

As for the how the eggs get there, I've got two ideas in the OP. I'll be honest, your mechanics are far too convoluted for my taste. Too much of "if then, then this, otherwise this", causing far too many clicks. If we are going to go a users-move-the-blockers way, then just slash the 5 hr limit to something much smaller, and the normal play of users will move eggs much faster.

Also, please read the OP closer. I've covered all of the points I've raised above much more in-depth in that post.

Cheers!

C4.

I would just like to mention that I, at least, often hunt with a single egg-slot available, which I'd really rather not tie up with endless waiting and backing-and-forthing to catch and dump unwanted eggs into the AP, wasting my time and free egg slot(s) while unable to even try for anything I might want/need.

Unless I'm getting paid by the hour, of course, lol.

I must say that while I supported player-based punting on the cooldown thread, I was not exactly aware of this alternative, automatic suggestion at that moment.

Relying on the players to do the site's dirty work is twisted. The biome system already slowed the CB part of the game to a crawl, and the ratio system has basically gone berserk because all of the egg punting at the end of the hour, and instead of fixing those problems you're suggesting that users should have to clean up the site's own mess?

I could seriously get behind this. Except for 1 problem. It can't be every 5 minutes because that's when the biome gets replaced anyway. It needs to be a bit shorter, like 3 or 4 minutes.

I could seriously get behind this. Except for 1 problem. It can't be every 5 minutes because that's when the biome gets replaced anyway. It needs to be a bit shorter, like 3 or 4 minutes.

This would be instead of the 5 minute shuffle, as this would be renewing each egg every 5 minutes anyway (unless a user did it first).

This suggestion is actually older than the 5 minute shuffle.

Cheers!

C4.

I must say that while I supported player-based punting on the cooldown thread, I was not exactly aware of this alternative, automatic suggestion at that moment.

Relying on the players to do the site's dirty work is twisted. The biome system already slowed the CB part of the game to a crawl, and the ratio system has basically gone berserk because all of the egg punting at the end of the hour, and instead of fixing those problems you're suggesting that users should have to clean up the site's own mess?

This. The mechanics are also there with the already existing five minute shuffle. The only difference that it would have to be tweaked a bit so that instead of timing the whole cave and shuffling all the eggs every five minutes, it has to individually time every egg that pops up into the cave and then auto abandon it to the AP after five minutes. I think this works much better than relying on users to do it for them.

On top of that I am both lazy and impatient.

I don't (and I'm sure I'm not the only one) want to go through the extra work of ctrl + clicking a blocker, going to the tab that opened showing the egg I stole, clicking it to go to its page, going to actions, clicking abandon, typing in the action/password, clicking abandon, clicking ok on the pop up, and then closing the tab once thats done. That, that is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more work than its worth when I get to sit at my laptop like a bum and just refresh while the cave does it for me.

On top of that I don't want to waste my time doing the above to dump a blocker in the AP. Not only would that cut into the time I could be using to hunt, but lets say I catch a blocker in hopes of clearing the cave to find a rare, but I'm at 6 out of 7 eggs. Once I take that blocker lets say the gold, or silver, or whatever I'm hunting pops up. I have no space to take it and not just that I have left the window of time wide open to someone else while I go dump the damn thing in the AP.

User based dumping is time consuming, more work than its worth, and nowhere near as productive as this suggestion. If someone is hunting blockers then they will have plenty of time to find them in the cave, but more often than not they will check the AP to find those delicious little blockers they want at 4 days or less. I mean really.

On top of that, those complaining about "I dont want to go to the AP to hun CB's I want to hunt lineages and stuff" When the AP is about half and half and I don't think this suggestion is going to skew anything for anyone. Blocker hunters or incuhatch hunters will stalk the AP day and night and get their hands on those delicious little low time eggs. if the issue is differenciating between bred and CB, I know there is a suggestion out there about a way to mark if an egg has already been grabbed by you before so that even if someone dumps it back you don't grab it again. Maybe a similar suggestion can be made where eggs in the AP will have some kind of marker on them that help users tell CB's and Bred eggs from one another. Make a thread and have fun.

All in all the five minute punt is far more productive than an hourly punt or a user based punt. Not only is it less time consuming, personally if a blocker or two is sacrificed to the AP I wont mind, for everyone that possibly dies, 4-7 eggs will be picked up and incuhatched in its place so yeah. With the amount of users we have, I doubt many eggs will die.

There are almost always ~50 or more players in the AP. I've never seen any egg under 4 days sit more than a minute. No eggs will die. Even if the egg has to be tossed back a few times as people realise that this low-time egg is not only a blocker but also CB and boring, someone out there will be searching for just that blocker, or someone will pick it up 'cuz it's low-time and not care.

However, if we do add the punting system in, then there will be lots more eggs sitting in the AP. I'm not sure how eggs in the AP are sorted - I'd imagine it goes event eggs -> low time -> high time. If I'm right, then nothing will change. We already have CB eggs in the AP, plenty of them! Misclicks, curiosity over an unfamiliar description or just a change in decision lead many people to pick up CB eggs that they later abandon. There are always CB eggs in the AP and do any die? No! So if there were more CB eggs, why would they die?

Basically, the CB eggs won't die in the AP. The ratios will gradually drift to what they're supposed to be, breeding rares will become a little easier and no eggs will be harmed in the process. What could be better? xd.png

Many of us look for low-time CBs as well as nicely lineaged eggs and I'm currently hatchie-locked mostly with Commons I needed but only actually have room to load up on when they're low-time.

Personally, I'm hoping that the AP continues to stay in that area, as it's the only way that I'll catch up on various dragons, the Releases of which I missed, (among others) but won't egg-lock myself with, as just lately the AP keeps working up to past Incuhatchable and then sitting more until it goes back down, much to my delight, and extra lower-time CBs are all to the good for many of us.

I like your idea, but perhaps instead of going all technical. Just have the cave egg disappear from the cave after 2-5 min of not being picked.

So if an egg sits for 3-5 min the system just *deletes* the egg and replaces it with another and so on.

I like your idea, but perhaps instead of going all technical. Just have the cave egg disappear from the cave after 2-5 min of not being picked.

So if an egg sits for 3-5 min the system just *deletes* the egg and replaces it with another and so on.

Its better if the egg goes to the AP since the eggs are not wanted entirely because of their breed but also because of the time. A common as dirt blocker wont be picked up in the cave because it takes 3-4 days to hatch (with incubate) but when they're in the AP and they're anywhere between 5 Days and 4 Days everyone starts picking them up like candy because they hatch in anywhere between a few hours to a couple minutes. So it would not only help ratios to have those CB eggs go to the AP, loose time, an get picked up, it will give users something nice to look for in the AP aside from messies, lineages, and inbreds :3

On top of that I don't want to waste my time doing the above to dump a blocker in the AP. Not only would that cut into the time I could be using to hunt, but lets say I catch a blocker in hopes of clearing the cave to find a rare, but I'm at 6 out of 7 eggs. Once I take that blocker lets say the gold, or silver, or whatever I'm hunting pops up. I have no space to take it and not just that I have left the window of time wide open to someone else while I go dump the damn thing in the AP.

Skimming through this thread, and this part of a previous post stood out to me. I've been here for a couple of years and still have no CB Metallics. Twice now I've lost Silvers to just this sort of thing, especially since I stalk the Biomes to make complete pairs of CB male/female for ever breed available to the site.

Its better if the egg goes to the AP since the eggs are not wanted entirely because of their breed but also because of the time. A common as dirt blocker wont be picked up in the cave because it takes 3-4 days to hatch (with incubate) but when they're in the AP and they're anywhere between 5 Days and 4 Days everyone starts picking them up like candy because they hatch in anywhere between a few hours to a couple minutes. So it would not only help ratios to have those CB eggs go to the AP, loose time, an get picked up, it will give users something nice to look for in the AP aside from messies, lineages, and inbreds :3

I grab such lower eggs when I'm bored and haven't been able to find any of the breeds I'm looking for do you know how hard it is to find Whiptails in the Biome sometime? and either freeze them (if it's an ugly lineage) or allow them to grow up.

Actually, the problem with the current 5-minute shuffle IS that untaken eggs ARE deleted at the end of every hour and regenerated according to the ratios the Cave is programmed with.

This means that that similar proportions of blockers are re-produced every hour, while any unCommons, rares or more useful eggs, having been taken if appearing in the biomes, rather than simply blocked from doing so by masses of ultra-Commons, are then less re-produced.

If the unwanted eggs

- instead of being deleted and endlessly re-created to sit in the biomes and prevent movement because nobody wants/has room to take them to see if anything else pops up rather than more of the seemingly endless same sorts of eggs practically everyone already has enough of, in an endless cycle of boredom for members

- were to go to the AP to surface as Incuhatchable CB eggs and therefore not take up precious and more limited egg-spaces on scrolls, people would take and raise/Freeze what would then be more desirable CB Common Insta-hatchies, the ratios would gradually improve *on a player-responsive basis* (something we've been begging for for years,) and the biomes would begin to produce a better balance, move more and make for better and less monotonous hunting.

What she said. Deleting them would just mean more of the same to take their place.