cyradis4

Send Biome Blockers to the AP

Bumping again, because I linked it in a thread elsewhere.

I can think of plenty of good reasons for and against a punted AP, so I'll make a list:

FOR:

- CB commons would reach a separate low time than player-abandoned eggs, as they become desirable at different points, leading to better pick-up rates.

- People hunting for something specific can hunt for exactly what they want, without having to search through 30 eggs that are probably messies/CB (depending on which is wanted).

- There would be less lag, as players spread out, leaving fewer people on each page to overload the site.

AGAINST:

- removes excitement of not knowing what you'll get from AP-hunting

- adding extra AP will be more work for TJ

- adding extra AP will just add more hassle to hunting

Feel free to take that and add it wherever smile.gif that's all I could think of off the top of my head, and I have a lesson in two minutes xd.png

Bumping again, because I linked it in a thread elsewhere.

I can think of plenty of good reasons for and against a punted AP, so I'll make a list:

FOR:

- CB commons would reach a separate low time than player-abandoned eggs, as they become desirable at different points, leading to better pick-up rates.

- People hunting for something specific can hunt for exactly what they want, without having to search through 30 eggs that are probably messies/CB (depending on which is wanted).

- There would be less lag, as players spread out, leaving fewer people on each page to overload the site.

AGAINST:

- removes excitement of not knowing what you'll get from AP-hunting

- adding extra AP will be more work for TJ

- adding extra AP will just add more hassle to hunting

Feel free to take that and add it wherever smile.gif that's all I could think of off the top of my head, and I have a lesson in two minutes xd.png

Hmmm....

This idea has the punted eggs sent to the current AP, because a 2nd AP was discussed earlier and rejected for a whole host of reasons.

So... Quoting the relevant sections of the OP:

Pros:

- The biomes move a little more. They really don't, now. Even if you have all blockers, one egg will be moving on average of every 90 seconds or so.

- The blocker is now in the AP, so it looses time. When it hits the AP, it'll have likely lost days already and will be picked up and hatched pretty quick.

- no fancy formula needed. The game mechanics already in place take care of the problem. If it's under populated (ie, not getting raised) it'd get dumped.

- Users already do this, they just have to sacrifice one of their eggs slots for 5 hours to do so. As such, it doesn't happen fast. This just speeds up the process a bit.

Cons:

- The time an egg sits might have to be adjusted down the road, as the ratios even out as more blockers are raised

- Runs the risk of the cave running out of eggs, as all the blockers are tossed to the AP. However, with the timer set pretty high (say 5 minutes) that means that at most 36 eggs are dumped to the AP in any given hour from any particular biome. And users already dump far more than that.

- Also, the biomes with lots of desireables are already run out of eggs on a pretty regular basis. So no change.

- Does require a bit of programming.

Probable objections and counters:

- Rares might go to the AP! Or other desirable eggs

Counter: So what? They'll get picked up then, in that case. And no egg that is wanted ever sits for more than a dozen seconds or so. In fact, most desirable eggs sit for less than 2 seconds.

- The cave might empty out of eggs!

Counter: They do that already, when a drop is particularly juicy. Only difference is, those blockers will be picked up in 4 days time and incu-hatched, and far more of said blockers will actually get raised. And if the eggs were already blocking the biomes, what difference is there really between an empty biome and a biome full of blockers you don't want?

Notes on the above:

- The Cave would likely be lively for the first week or two, then settle out as people adjusted to the new game mechanics. However, both by their nature would keep the Biomes cycling even afterward.

- The addition of a 2nd AP, basically identical to the one we already have just a 2nd place for eggs to go (ie, they are drawing from the same source of abandoned eggs, and it's random chance which one a particular egg goes into) has been discussed. In general, people are against a 2nd AP.

Cheers!

C4.

You know what I just realized would be an awesome extra benefit of this?

All those extra CB Halloweens that just sit around near the end of the day when everyone's locked would go to the AP instead of being deleted.

I want.

But with the limited xmas and valentines, the AP would be filled with eggs that nobody could take because they're already at their limit. xP I guess it would have to be disabled during those drops.

I do agree it would be awesome for Halloween.

All those extra CB Halloweens that just sit around near the end of the day when everyone's locked would go to the AP instead of being deleted.

I want.

Yes. PLEASE!

I want.

Yes!

TJ could also set a limit as to how many would be sent to the ap at the end of the day.

This would definitely help out those who weren't able to get on during the actual day

Edited by gigglymonkey12

It would also reduce the flood in the trading section of "I have five CB Rares/2G Prizes, will give all for one new Halloween"

or the "I have new halloween, gimme CB Rares"

There is basically nothing else there at the moment xd.png and unless your catching skills are pro, or you're running a catching script, or you're lucky enough to have a CB Prize, there seems to be basically no way to get one.

(I'm basically just throwing AP hatchies at people who ask for nice offers and hoping it's nice enough to take.)

Or at least, having more available would reduce how OP they are. By a little bit.

(I'm also for having the halloweens drop for two days, but that's a different matter.)

I think this needs a new bump.

I started thinking about ND experiments, and if there were lots of undesirable CB commons in the AP that nobody wanted, the time would go down enough to catch the interest of experimenters, who would then pick them up.

But a lot of Experiments die, you may say - in which case, the egg is deleted, and we're no better off than now; but no worse, either.

At least a few unsuccessful experiments hatch, though, which gives two possibilities; a hatchling kept and grown, or a hatchling in the AP, where it will be caught as soon as it shows up.

I just really, really like this idea xd.png

And it's not just ND experimenters that like low time CB commons. People who collect those commons would appreciate taking a few days off the time. I like them to kill for zombies, although that is another use that ends up being bad for the ratios.

Well, with zombie fodder, there's always the chance that your kill will revive back as a common, which does help the ratios. And if the dragon dies or revives as a zombie, it isn't hurting ratios any more than deleting the dragons as eggs.

Well, with zombie fodder, there's always the chance that your kill will revive back as a common, which does help the ratios. And if the dragon dies or revives as a zombie, it isn't hurting ratios any more than deleting the dragons as eggs.

For zombies, I already have fodder, so I wouldn't take any from the AP

Support! I happen to take from the AP for zombie and neglected attempts, so a low time egg would be wonderful to see.

Since the original suggestion, we have gotten the 5 minute shuffle. So at this point, that means this suggestion is either moot or needs to replace the 5 minute shuffle, which is a fine option but could use a fresh start in a new thread.

So, in line with a bunch of other suggestions that cropped up around the same time, I am going to go ahead and close this thread. If a user would like to re-create this suggestion appropriate for the cave today, that would be fine.