Fortune86

CLOSED

"I mean the person you are thinking of is a different person from the one who is holding us here."

Eli looked down at his feet and rubbed his arm. While he bore no ill feeling towards the scarecrow, someone making light of the situation they were in made him feel uncomfortable. People were going to get hurt, perhaps even killed. This wasn't something to smile or joke about.

"A vampire?" Jack looked puzzled. He had never encountered one before and had only heard rumors about them from other people, but to think that the actor in the 700 film franchise was a vampire only caused Jack to become confused. "Don't be ridiculous... if Zygard was a vampire.. then how did he do that one scene in 'Live Another day' that was out in broad daylight... he would have disintegr..." he was cut off before he could finish the last sentence.

He turned to look at Eli, "I guess that's possible... but then.. Zygard isn't a common name... what are the chances that the actor Zygard and this 'Vampire'.." as he said Vampire, both hands raised to head level and did the air quotes. "...are different people..?"

Eli felt the nausea rise. Despite what everyone was trying to tell him the Scarecrow was insisting on being obtuse. Couldn't he understand the situation they were in? Why was he being so insensitive?

Feeling light headed Eli gently pushed his way past the Scarecrow and Evangelina and quickly walked towards the bathroom. He pushed open the door and half ran towards the sink, barely reaching it before he was sick. When he was done he fell to his knees and took several deep breaths to try and clear his head.

Andromeda had only been listening to the conversation up until this point. She was appalled that the scarecrow would even consider this for so long. Then she heard Eli speak and her eyes whipped open, just in time to see him rush to the bathroom and slam the door. She sighs quietly and gently uncoils herself from the chair, soundlessly placing her feet on the floor.

"Scarecrow, know this, for I'm only going to say this once. Zygard is a feared vampire who is famous for murder and infliction of suffering. He would be shot dead if he even got near a public place unguarded, nevermind star in a movie with his own name."

She got up and walked carefully to the bathroom door, giving it a gentle rap with her hand. "Eli? Are you alright? It's me, Andromeda, you don't have to be frightened." She waited patiently for the boy's response.

Edited by Rarek

“Look what you did?” Kanya spoke but her voice didn’t sound angry but her expression did all the work. Her legs suddenly started to get back to live causing her to stand up, with a struggle. She wanted to run away and cry she was so scared. She actually understood how Eli feel after Andromeda explained who their kidnapper were.

Eli? Are you alright? It's me, Andromeda, you don't have to be frightened."

In his exhaustion Eli half recognised the voice. It sounded like Andromeda, and as though she was worried. Eli pressed his forehead against the cool porcelain and tried to get his act together. He didn't want the others to worry about him. They needed to take care of themselves.

"I'm okay" he managed in a voice barely loud enough to be heard. "I just need...just need a minute."

His whole body was shaking, although whether that was because he had just thrown up or out of fear he didn't know. He gripped the sides of the sink and pulled himself up. There was a mirror on the wall in front of him. His face looked quite pale.

Eli sighed and turned on the taps, first to rinse out the sink and then to splash some cool water onto his skin.

(( sorry for not posting earlier I hate posting with my Iphone =_= also Chicogal I figured that enhanced hearing would be a more common power then some other powers so it is ok smile.gif ))

Lydia sighs again feeling like she did back at home with the tourists. She shrugs it off though as everyone starts talking about a scarecrow. This can't be right Scarecrows don't come to life, unless they live in the land of OZ and how does he not know of Zygard. She thinks then she decideds to check it out herself getting up and placing a hand agenst the wall behind her.

Lydia does a few clicks wait a little longer then she wants to find out where this scarecrow was. Well thats odd that person is hollow except in a few spots guess that is the scarecrow then. Smirking she starts walking over though a little confused how the scarecrow came to life in the first place. "H-hello? umm this maybe a weird question but, Mr. Scarecrow can I touch your face?"She asks knowing that people always find it weird to be asked that out of the blue. "I am sorry about asking that I just wanted to know if you were really a scarecrow or not." She turns her face toward to wall feeling embarised for making the situation they are in even more akward then it already was.

Edited by Shadowwolflegend

She thought she heard a positive response, then hearing the water turn on. She gave a brisk nod and seated herself once again, but in the vacant seat nearest the restroom. She'd rather Eli saw a friendly face first as he left the smaller room, rather than someone like that ridiculous scarecrow, or someone even she feared could pose a problem in Summanus. It wouldn't do any good to have him hide in there for so long.

Andromeda's soft gaze landed on who she thought she remembered as Kanya. A long slow blink and nod reassured her that while things were overall dodgy, things were okay right now. She even hazarded a small reassuring smile. Hopefully it would help her settle, Andromeda was one who chose when to use her words carefully, opting to use gestures and expression instead. Sometimes those could be even more powerful than words.

She smiled slightly at Lydia's embarrassed expression. This girl's powers must've been a necessity to her, the poor girl stumbling around. She'd be the one with the hardest time of this, and seeing her perseverance strengthened Andromeda's ease a little. If Lydia could make the best of this, so could she.

Edited by Rarek

The atmosphere quickly changed, clearly Jack had said something that angered a few of the others, what he had said that could have caused this, he did not know. He simply stated the facts as they were, at least the facts that applied to the parallel world he was from. As far as he knew, Zygard was a movie star and not a vampire.

Jack looked down at Kanya, who was currently wearing an angry expression on her face. Her accusing words dug into Jack, still oblivious to the trouble he had caused. Confused and with no idea as to what the problem was, he found it hard to come up with a reply.

He simply stood there for awhile, trying to contemplate the situation, when suddenly a voice from behind drew his attention. He was taken aback by her question, it was not the first time he was asked such a thing, a small flashback to his first encounter with the farm folk flashing through his mind, however it was still a question he had not come across to often. Those whom he had faught against, while serving his former master, were not the type to show an interest in others.

Taking a deep breath and composing himself, he turned around. Both hands were on the collar of his shirt as he straightened them, before he bent over slightly so that his face was at face level to hers. "Go right ahead.." he replied.

Lydia closed her eyes and smiled slightly for not getting yelled at for asking the question and she became even happier when he accepted. She clicked once to see where his face would be and stiffened when she realized it was right in front of her. She relaxes and gently puts both hands on Jack's face. Eyes not focusing on anything as she notices his face is made out of a material Lydia wasn't familiar of. Shekept tracing her hands over his face taking in the details feeling a peice of straw prick her figer at one point.

She stops tracing her hands over his face when she touches his mouth frowning slightly. "How can you talk with your mouth sealed like that?" She asks tilting her head a little then removes her hands. "Also thank you I can't see your appearance so I wanted to be sure people were saying was true." She says smiling.

As Jack's face was being examined, he struggled to contain a sneeze. This was not helped when her finger got pricked by a piece of his straw, thanks to the tickling sensation it took almost all his energy at that point to prevent the sneeze. The last thing he needed now was to get another one angry.

"Anytime.." he replied. After she had finished examining his face. He began to lean in closer, so that his mouth was just a few inches from her ear. "As for how I can talk..." he whispered. "...that's a.." he paused for emphasis "...secret..", he smiled and returned to a proper standing position.

Kanya looked in the direction of the bathroom door and where Andromeda was sitting. She gave a little smile which to Kanya meant that Eli seemed to be ok. The young girl only gave a little nod in understanding.

Still standing a bit wobbly they young girl leaned against the wall as her legs got use to carrying her weight. She watched as Lydia came closer and asked Jack an odd question. Even this puzzled her; everything was puzzling to her today and it made her head hurt.

“Jack should say sorry to Eli. The words you said upset him.” Kanya spoke after Lydia inspected his face.

Lydia stood still when he whispered in her ear then gives out a small laugh shaking her head. "Everybody has their secrets I highly doubt that your ability to talk isn't one of them." She says smiling clicking to look around her and puts her hand out to Jack. "I guess I should introduce myself then. The name's Lydia, Lydia Farnsworth."

"A pleasure to make your acquaintance" replied Jack, lifting his hat up slightly and bowing. "You may call me Jack," he stated, grinning once again.

Their introduction was cut off by Kanya, her words once again creating confusion within Jack. "Apologize?" Jack carried a confused expression. He was not sure what he had to apologize for. "I don't believe I have done anything wrong..." he stated, still unaware that the Zygard from his world, which he was referring to was anything but an actor in this world.

(( Sorry Chico, school and sleep. :/ ))

Vex nodded slightly in response to the girl, preferring to stay silent while she spoke. He was currently processing what was going to happen to them - there was only one man that had escaped from this place, and then he was torn apart on the next day in the middle of a neighboring village, 'accidentally' causing the whole place to crumble in ruins. After she was done talking, he sighed and nodded once again. "I guess you are right," Vex said to the first question by the girl, then continued after a short notice. "It's like trying to find a shelter in the middle of a field. Might as well just sit it out and wait." He spoke out and heaved another sigh. "Zygard... it's like the whole world fears that name..." Turning his head to look at the outside, Vex then returned his gaze to the inside and to the girl on the matress. "... I'm Vex. Look, I am not a fighter by any means as well - I just found my power around two months ago, and I certainly barely know how to use it... but we just have to survive... anyways, could you tell me what room am I in?" He asked, since he spotted the number 1 on the girl's bracelet. Maybe they were spread out by those same numbers.

Eva stood as Eli got up and ran to the bathroom, she turned to the others and look specifically at Jack for a moment. Andromeda was the first to stand and make her way to the bathroom to check on the boy. Eva took a step in the direction towards the bathroom in order to get closer so she could hear Eli's response. Kanya had started scolding the scarecrow now and Evangelina signed softly. All this talk about Zygard and all the bickering was getting on her nerves.

"Everything will be fine, Eli." she called out softly, "Take your time."

The girl with the pale skin turned on her heal to look at each of the people in the room in turn.

"Look, talking about Zygard is helping none of us. He is unimportant at the minute. Just know he iscruel and sadistic. We are supposed to fight one another for his amysement. Now...we have about fifteen minutes, go rest and prepare yourself." she said, her tone was commanding, yet gentle.

"Please."

"Everything will be fine, Eli." Evangelina called out softly, "Take your time."

After he had finished washing his face Eli took another look at his reflection in the mirror. A tiny amount of colour had returned to his skin, but he still looked quite ill. Not much he could do about that though.

After double checking that he had cleaned up after himself Eli walked over to the bathroom door and gently pulled it open. Evangelina had just finished speaking to some of the others by the looks of it.

Stepping into the common room he pulled the door shut behind him and gave Andromeda a weak smile. She was sitting quite close and looked just as concerned as she had sounded earlier.

"I'm sorry I worried you" he apologised. "I'm just not really looking to this."

Edited by Fortune86

A malevolent grin could be seen on Jack's face for the briefest of moments at the mention of fighting one another. He had no qualms about fighting others, after all before he became what he was now, he used to partake in underground fights.

However, no one needed to know he was experienced at such things. As soon as that grin disappeared, he continued with his act. "Fight one another?!?!" feigned concern was etched across his face now. "But.. I'm just a scarecrow... apart from scaring birds away, how am I suppose to fight? his concerned expression now one of feigned worry.

Luc had his eyes closed this hole time, his head moving to the beat of the current song he was listening to. Whether it be during a gaming session or other task's which required focus, he always found it easier to concentrate when he had his music on. A trait that his teachers often complained about.

Andromeda rose carefully and slowly so as to not scare him, and gently hugged the younger boy. "Everything will work out just fine, I can help you if ever you need it." She looked over at Evangelina and knew she would do the same, for Eva seemed kind to those who showed it to her in turn. It comforted Andromeda to know she had some friendly faces to look for in the arena.

She let the boy go and returned to her chair, slowly sitting back down. She was perplexed by this scarecrow. How could he possibly be this naive? No matter, she just hoped that she didn't underestimate him.

Eli didn't know what he expected Andromeda to do or say after he apologised, but he didn't expect this. The older girl rose out of her chair and hugged him, causing him to instantly freeze up in complete shock. No one other than his father had ever embraced him before. To top it off, this was officially the closest he had ever been to a girl. His brains turned to mushy goo.

When she let him go it took Eli a moment to realise she had done so. Suddenly he flushed bright red with embarrassment and not being able to think or say of anything he instead turned away and ran off down the corridor, only stopping when he came to the doors that led into the arena.

Brimming with shame at having run away and still having trouble getting over his intial shock of the embrace Eli leaned forward and placed his head against the stone wall. This was not going to be his day.

(( Quick question are the numbers on the bracelets written in romen numerals or just regular numbers?))

Lydia smiled but felt upset that everyone was ether yelling or being fearful of the situation that they were in. She was honestly getting tired of people being afraid of the unown she had to live with it everyday. Leaning back agenst the wall she crosses her arms letting her hair cover her eyes. "Jack you maybe a Scarecrow but at least you are not blind like I am. " She says taking a deep breath getting ready to do what it takes to survive.

It was a challenge, trying to keep up with the conversation and read at the same time. Holly did have a bad habit of eavesdropping on others, but wasn't really the gossipy type. Once in a while something big would be heard by her, and she would naturally have to tell everyone. So, one of her opponents was blind? Seeing as blind people got used to their lack of sight and developed their other senses to a level above the average human's, the blind girl was probably not as helpless as being blind seemed to imply. Plus, everyone (and thing, there was that scarecrow) brought here had powers of some sort. Even if Holly would have to end up fighting her, it wouldn't hurt to talk to someone.

She put down her book and placed it on her lap, looking at Lydia with interest. "Blind you say? I've never met a blind person before. What is it like?"

"We have perfectly good reason to fear him," Alia murmured. Sighing, she scooted backward on her bed so that she could lean against the wall. He was such a cruel man. Blinking a bit as he asked about his bracelet, she peered forward. Number five. "I think that's two doors down from me," she said, with a small smile. Perhaps he could be a friend. Noticing movement by her door, she tilted her head to get a better look. It was the rather shy boy who had been on the floor. "Hey, you alright?"

Vex looked at the girl and nodded. It was interesting she hadn't spoken her name, but he ignored that. He then heard something just beside him that reminded him of someone hitting a wall... or more like placing it against the wall. He turned his head and saw it was some guy that just leaned his head on the wall. He was bright red in the face - was he embarassed? Turning his head back in and peering deeper to see the girl properly, Vex smiled to her. "Thanks. I'll go and have some rest to prepare, then... take care of yourself." He said and then turned to the boy, choosing to pat his back before walking off. He passed another door and turned left - there was number five. As his right hand moved on the handle of the door, he could hear a click and suddenly the door swung upen. Interesting - someone may have designed the locks of these doors to unlock when the right bracelet approached it. Walking in, Vex shut the door behind him and climbed up on the bed, crossing his legs and closing his eyes. His hands were at his sides, calmly dropped to the side.

Edited by SkullKrusher

Lydia looks in the direction of the voice and smiles kindly. "Well being blind is just like when you blink but you never open your eyes again even though they are. Well at least that is how it was described to me when I was little. You see I was born blind so I can't really describe it, without knowin what it is like to not be blind." She says to Holly frowning for a second before returning to a smile. "The hardest part for me is understanding people's feelings because even though you hear it in their voice. You would also watch the body language of another person as well."