happyseagull

Left or Right Handed?

Are you left-handed or right-handed?  

334 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I thought I saw a poll about this once, but I think it's gone now.

So, what the title says, are you left handed or right handed? I'm left-handed, but I can usually do sports stuff with either hand. I use right-handed scissors, golf clubs, etc. with my left hand, and computer mice, remote controls etc. with my right hand

Edited by happyseagull

ambidextrous. I favor my right hand though. I can use both equally... I just choose to use my right hand much of the time.

South-paw here, although I do tend to play sports with my right. Almost ambidextrous because of my left arm spending spending six months in a cast eight years ago, but not quite.

Right handed.

Although I can do a few things with my left hand with the same ease as my right. Don't ask me to write left handed though - unless you're an expert at reading illegible squiggles.

Bothhanded/ambidextrous - can write with either hand, alternate between hands while drawing depending on which angle is more convenient, in not too prestigious locations I eat with my cutlery in whichever hand I happen to pick it up with without it feeling unusual either way, et cetera.

Left hand and arm are probably slightly stronger as far as pure physical strength is concerned, though, and the right one has suffered some significant scars atop of it.

Right-handed, right-footed, right-everything'd.

My closest friend is obsessively proud over his leftiness. It's kinda scary xd.png

I'm right-handed, although I can write with both hands due to breaking a finger on my right hand as a kid just before they started to teach us to write in school.

I am left-handed and do nearly everything with my left hand, except using scissors and using a computer mouse. I didn't have much of a choice with the latter, while the former was really out of personal preference: they used to hand me left-handed scissors at primary school, but I disliked them and always sought the right-handed scissors, so they eventually started handing me right-handed scissors.

My two siblings and my parents (as well as their siblings, i.e. my uncles and aunt) are all right-handed. Both my paternal grandmother and maternal grandmother are left-handed, though, so I suppose I inherited this from them. However, I am the only one of the three of us who actually writes left-handed, because my grandmothers were forced harshly by the nuns at primary school to write right-handed. sad.gif Back in those days, people apparently thought left-handedness was something of the devil, or something along those lines. :/

I like being left-handed. Someone on an other forum I go to once ridiculed me when I mentioned liking being different in this way, saying it's utterly foolish and stupid for taking even the slightest bit of pride in something as insignificant as that (and which wasn't even something that could be accomplished). Ever since then, I feel a little bit silly and ashamed about that, so I am now more careful when I say (if I say it, that is) that I like being left-handed. Even though part of me feels that there's some right to feel some pride in that, given that left-handed people were outright discriminated against and oppressed for centuries (people obviously thought it was something important enough to discriminate against and to oppress for such a long time, so surely enough left-handedness can be important enough to take some pride in... especially when it's finally allowed?).

But oh well, never mind, I guess.

Edited by Duysterwald

I'm righthanded, and right everything. Its definitely the side I tend to favor, though things have kind of evened out after I injured my right knee this September. I wasn't out for that long, but I had to really work to move favoring left. I do, however, eat with my fork in my right and my knife in my left.

I do, however, eat with my fork in my right and my knife in my left.

Would that be considered the proper right-handed way of eating? Because in my family, everyone eats with their fork in their left hand and the knife in their right (as do I), and they are all right-handed.

...Hmm, I just looked it up, and it seems that according to both American and European table etiquette, the fork should be in the left hand and the knife in the right - in accordance with how forks and knives are placed when a table is made.

Edited by Duysterwald

Functionally ambidextrous (I'll usually use whichever hand is convinient for what I'm doing) although my innate preference is for the right. I had my right arm in plaster for a couple of extended periods when I was quite young, so I pretty much *had* to learn to do everything with the left. And once it's been forced like that... you can kinda get used to it.

I do wear my watch on the right wrist, though, which leads most people to assume 'left handed' for some reason.

How can you be neither like do you do everything with your feet or

I'm a lefty whoo :v I can't do anything except use a mouse with my right hand.

Clichéd old righty, but working on becoming ambidextrous. I can do some things relatively well with my left hand, drawing being one of them, writing not being another.

Right handed. I was born left handed, but my grandparents taught me to use my right hand when I was still pretty little. There are some things that I can do pretty well with my left hand, but writing isn't one of them. :<

Lefty here. I can do several things with my right hand too (except for writing, but then again I don't have the best handwriting with my left hand either), but I tend to prefer the left one. The mouse is the only item I make a point of using my right hand with.

Edited by Isuzu

I'm right-handed. I mostly do everything with my right; sports, writing, cutting, you name it.

Completely right-handed. Practically incapable of using my left hand for writing, sketching etc. Only time I use it is when I'm playing the piano.