happyseagull

Left or Right Handed?

Are you left-handed or right-handed?  

334 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm a boring old righty. My girlfriend's a lefty for most things but she drives right-handed, and does a few other things right-handed; it's not interchangeable enough to call it ambidextrous. Anyone else like that? One dominant hand except a few specific other things?

I do wear my watch on the right wrist, though, which leads most people to assume 'left handed' for some reason.

Why exactly? huh.gif I'm right-handed and used to wear my watch on my right wrist as a kid but stopped because people kept asking me if I was left-handed.

Why exactly? huh.gif I'm right-handed and used to wear my watch on my right wrist as a kid but stopped because people kept asking me if I was left-handed.

I used to wear my watch on my right wrist as well, and totally ignored the people who told me that as a righty, it should be on my left wrist.

What's actually interesting is that the poll responses (Right: 61%, Left: 18%) pretty closely lines up with bigger handedness polls (Right: 70-95% depending on definition, Left or some degree of ambidextrous 10%, true ambidextrous 3%).

I would guess that like in art school, there could be a higher instance of Left handed responders in a social setting like this, which is kind of 'subculture-y'.

I heard, but not sure, that among artists, left handedness is quite high, like 20-30%. If that is not accurate worldwide it sure was accurate among my classmates in art school.

Edited by Moeru

Right handed 100 percent except when throwing something then I have better aim if I use my left - strange huh? huh.gif

I'm left handed most of the time. For things like writing, drawing and throwing I use my left. For eating and such, my right.

Wow! There are a surprising amount of people here who are ambidextrous. I'm a bit jealous of you. tongue.gif When I was very young (just starting to draw squiggles, etc.) my paediatrician told my mum I had the telltale signs of being ambidextrous, but... Yeah, no. xd.png I'm right handed now and shocking with my left.

I am right handed for sure. I have tried writing with my left hand, and I seem to be quite neat. I am slow though, and it is very uncomfortable. It also starts to hurt my hand after a while. I am still a righty though, full stop.

I'm in the big right-handed camp myself. I only use my left hand when I really need to, like carrying things or typing. tongue.gif

Right-handed, but when I was younger I used my left hand for everything.

Now all I can use it for is typing. I rarely use my left hand and it's gotten so bad that occasionally I don't even notice I have it.

And at the moment, I've injured my right-index finger (almost fractured) so I have to rely a lot on my left hand (my index and middle finger are taped together to act as a splint). ;A;

(me and my friend swore an 'oath' to become ambidextrous at some point in our lives.)

Right-handed. When I was a kid, I was left-handed, but I was changed to right-handed somewhere during my age of 4-5. At least that's what I've heard from my parents.

Edited by TheTron852

I'm right handed... I cannot write with my left hand at all! It just looks like a bunch of scribbles!

When I try to write with my left hand, I end up writing like in the mirror. All the letters and digits are reversed. Its quite an effort to make them normal. Pretty interesting. biggrin.gif

Has anyone else tried it?

Right handed. I haven't tried to write with my left hand in a long time, but I remember it was difficult and the writing was poor.

Right-handed.

I wish I was ambidextrous, or at least situational-ambidextrous like my bf. It's pretty cool. cool.gif

When I try to write with my left hand, I end up writing like in the mirror. All the letters and digits are reversed. Its quite an effort to make them normal. Pretty interesting. biggrin.gif

Has anyone else tried it?

Leonardo Da Vinci supposedly wrote in reverse because he was left-handed, and it is easier for a left-handed person to write from right to left in the mirrored way. wink.gif

I've never felt the urge to reverse my letters when writing with my left, however my letters will be standing either very straight or slightly lean to left with their tops. The result is immensely more readable than my typical right-hand handwriting, though.

I'm right handed when I write. When I use a mouse on the computer I have to use my left hand. Using the mouse with my right hand feels wrong. Just like holding a pencil with my left hand does.

Dunno what exactly that makes me. tongue.gif

I'm right handed when I write. When I use a mouse on the computer I have to use my left hand. Using the mouse with my right hand feels wrong. Just like holding a pencil with my left hand does.

That's a bit unusual - especially considering that most never mice are specifically designed for the right hand rather than being made universal. Do you have a right-hand mouse, or an universal one? Or have you, by any chance, picked out one for left-handed people?

I'm not sure. The left button is the one I click to select things and the right one brings up that options menu thing. But every mouse I've ever used has been like that. I assume that it's a right handed mouse then?

Mine just has the left, right, and scroll wheel. It doesn't have extra buttons on the side like those ones do. It's pretty much symmetrical and oval shaped when it comes to the colors and button designs on it. So I think it's a neutral mouse.

Edited by TwilitProphet