happyseagull

Left or Right Handed?

Are you left-handed or right-handed?  

334 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Mostly ambidextrous but I lean towards left handed. I was born left handed but learned a lot of things right handed growing up, so I just decided to keep it going. Using the computer, kicking a ball, riding a horse, crocheting, and practicing archery are just some of the things at which I'm stronger with my right side or I use the right handed technique. You could also argue my handwriting is equally illegible whichever hand I use. xd.png

Edited by HollyTheColliegirl

I'm mixed-handed; I write and draw with my left and usually use eating utensils with my left, but I do most other things with my right hand, or either hand equally. When it comes down to it, I can do most things with either hand comfortably.

It's worth noting that I have several ambidextrous ancestors, and to all of those wishing they were ambidextrous: you really don't. Apparently, with it come issues with maths, language, and emotional stability. I can attest personally to the first and third of those.

Right-handed for most things. Though I can write legibly enough with my left at a decent speed. Left-handed for wielding utensils though; I tend to eat single-handed, usually with a fork. If I have to use a knife, it's on the left as well. It's just more comfortable for some strange reason :S

Ohh, I'm a lefty!~

I write with my left hand, as well as eat...Though I have been working on my right-hand writing, it's legible but still looks like a child wrote it.

I do throw things with my right hand however.

Mostly right handed but a bit ambidextrous- I write with my right and throw with both, but there are things that I just CAN'T do right-handed- like cutting food and manipulating some tools.

I'm right-handed for just about everything. But I'd rather be ambidextrous. Then everything would be easier.

Edited by tanglepelt3

When I was little I've been taught the difference between left and right by someone telling me "Just think which hand you'd instinctively use to grab something... that's your right hand." rolleyes.gif Lucky for them and saving me a lot of confusion, I did happen to be right-handed. But I can do most simple things with my left hand just as well.

Former president James Garfield was ambidextrous and could write Greek with one hand and Latin with another. smile.gif

Right-handed by the way, though it's fun to try eating and writing with my left.

You win! That's awesome biggrin.gif I learned something new today \o/

I'm right handed when I write but left-eye dominant. So I play sports like I'm left handed. Except for fencing, in which case I'm ambidextrous. But writing sticks me as firmly right-handed.

I'm right handed but right now I have to build up my left hand because I've had surgery under my right arm a couple of days ago so I'm not allowed to use it for much of anything.

Right handed, although I would love to be ambidextrous... But my left hand doesn't want to cooperate

Ambidextrous, which really comes in handy when writing Hebrew and Arabic, for which I use my left hand, and then switch off and write English and Russian with my right. It runs in my family. My uncle is also ambidextrous, and so was my great grandmother.

My mother jokes that I'm antidextrous instead, however, since I'm such a klutz, and my handwriting with either hand has never been pretty.

Definitely right-handed. There are a few things in which I can trade off and be equally efficient, but not many, and there's probably another reason behind that. For example, I generally cut food on dinner plates with the knife in my left hand, and I think it's because I grew up being too lazy to switch hands (apparently it's proper to put your fork in your left hand and cut with your right?), and therefore I don't hold a fork as well with my left hand. When I get especially frustrated, though, I will switch. Cooking in the kitchen, I always cut with my right hand. I can eat with either hand with standard silverware, but with chopsticks I'm lucky I can use those with my right hand. tongue.gif

If I took the time to really focus on it I could probably become ambidextrous, but the problem is I don't have the time. I can write with my left hand and fairly legibly too; only problem is it takes five times as long as it does with my right hand. xd.pngD

Edited by Snickie

I am right handed ... I feel awkward that it is so short. Am I really so mundane?