Blobblarg242

Hetalia: War, Peace, or Randomness?

((I need to reply from my phone, so I can't insert any flags for now. o n o))

Honestly, Pyongyang agreed wholeheartedly with JiangSu's stance against Japan. Really, after all that terrible cluster of islands had put them through, he was always a bit startled to hear that China'd forgiven him for anything, no matter how trivial. Then again, he himself was certainly not the most forgiving of beings. "Your boundless kindness is only contested by the wickedness others seem to constantly be putting you through. It's admirable that you can just forgive him like that. I wish I could behave the same way."

Such foolish naivety. Nihilistic as ever, the capital saw no point to it. Why forgive at all? There was no point to existance, the way he lived. Was he taking a fast on vengeance? He of course did not say anything that was going on in his head, feeling a tad bit nauseated with it all. "It's a bit disappointing that they couldn't have come, too. I enjoy their presence a lot, and of course North Korea lights up whenever you or one of your cities comes to see him. Business is business, though."

((I can't think probably since my brother is screaming about how he wants to watch Dora the Explorer. So if my post is a little... too less, forgive me. He's being annoying for the past few day, too))

"Yeah," China agreed, his narcissistic side showing, "And I'm thankful for you all making the exception of letting me visit and stuff. North Korea is just as strict on foreigners as I was all that time ago. I guess I still am a bit now... My boss insisted on blocking Facebook and all that," he huffed at this, "But still, we can't have everything mixing with the West. I sure don't want to lose my identity of being an Asian country."

China looked outside as the car slowed.

"Oh, we're here!" he said as the driver opened the door. He climbed out and waited for Pyongyang to do the same before going into the hospital.

"You're the only sensible one. The others all traded themselves away to be more western; that's why we don't allow our people to wear clothes with any western script, or have access at all to the internet. You, of course, are always welcome to our nation. Consider it as much yours as it is ours, comrade."

Emerging from the shiny black car, Pyongyang trailed after China into the hospital, offering a dazzling and obviously rehersed smile in the direction of the nurse behind the counter. Of course, that didn't change his mind about anyone in the room at all. The nurses and doctors were all pitiful fools, China was a half-senile old man he only happened to personally agree with on occasion, and North Korea, wherever he was, was a sorry excuse for a nation. Such utter idiots he had to deal with. His personal thoughts were well-hidden behind his facade, and he went on to attempt to ask the nurse for his brother's location, slowly to try getting through the language barrier. Eventually, he was understood, and pointed in the direction of a room out in the corridor which he began to head toward.

China shrugged at Pyongyang's comment with half-a-smile on his face. Honestly speaking, he felt proud at being complimented, but, then again, Pyongyang always did go a little overboard with the compliments.

"Oh, you've got the room number?" China asked Pyongyang, seeing him going down the hall. China made sure he didn't leave any gifts behind and followed. Looking around, he smiled at the clean walls of the hospital and the patients in the hospital, leaving a few get-well words for the old patients standing in the hallway. A few kids were also there and they reminded him of some of the kids in the hospitals back home who had gotten back problems from the weight of their backpacks.

Edited by SoiledLove

Sweden nodded. In certain aspects, Stockholm could be similar to Copenhagen, albeit toned down. Stockholm was also exceedingly cautious around Sweden, due to some irrational fear of his brother. Because Sweden had obviously never done anything that might make his brother fearful of him. "Your home is quite nice... when it's not destroyed or in shambles." Sweden was starting to become bored... too much polite conversation... "So... do you still fancy yourself 'Queen of Scandinavia'? That was always a laugh."

Answering China with little more than a nod, Pyongyang pushed open the door under the number 28, slinking through the door in relative silence while holding it open for his ally to get through.

Inside, North Korea laid on a bed turned away from the door, scratching at a spot in his arm pierced with a needle. Obviously bored, he frowned at the television the hospital provided, trying to make sense of the program being aired. He was seldom ever permitted to watch foreign television networks, so even if he knew how to shut it off he probably wouldn't have. If only it wereIn a language he'd understand. Movement from behind caught his ear, getting the young country to twist around trying to see who had entered; the needle stuck in his arm tugged beneath his skin and kept his from flipping over, leaving him just able to see his capital by the door out of the corner of his eye.

"Pyongyang? Oh, h-hello." He murmured quietly, not really looking forward to getting stuck alone in a room with his brother. After the scene at the restaurant, he was bound to be scolded somehow. "I'm really sorry, I honestly didn't mean to make this whole mess..."

China thanked Pyongyang for holding the door and walked inside.

"Ni hao, Bei Chao Xian!" He said with a smile on his face, "How are you feeling?"

That last line came out of his mouth automatically, having been taught in elementary school that the line was what you should say when you visited someone in a hospital. Having to remember those lines from English text books made it so that his response to things in English would sometimes become automatic and unthoughtful.

"I got you gifts. Kan!" He held up the box of tea leaves and machine, "These tea leaves are a way to get better from things like allergic reactions, just drink a cup everyday and you'll be better in no time," he put the box on the table and prcceded to talk about the machine, "This is the newest model so far! It's a bit like the wii, but better!" He then put the box containing the wii thing down as well. He then looked North Korea over. North Korea did seem very sickly and pale. It didn't seem like he was used to the needle either. Poor guy... Country.

((Bei Chao Xian - North Korea

Kan - Look!))

Edited by SoiledLove

Pyongyang moved forward to shift his brother's bed around so that he was facing the door instead of the television while China spoke, and it took North Korea until a moment after the older nation was finished talking to finally recognize him.

"Oh, Jung-guk! Annyong ha-se-yo, dongmu. I'm so glad to see you; you didn't need to bring anything for me." He stammered, shaking his head. Pyongyang furrowed his brow, the slightest bit peeved at how his nation's face had brightened automatically as soon as China stepped into the room while he'd given him a look of hesitant dread. As if out of spite for it, he put on a smile and slipped his hands onto North Korea's shoulders, nodding at China.

"Too true! You didn't have to get him anything at all. You're too kind, so it almost pains me to say this, but I'm afraid we can't accept any of that you're giving us. You see, we have everything we need in the world, and-"

"Oh, stop being rude. You don't need to talk like that in front of him. He's different." North Korea mumbled, trying to swat the city away like a fly.

((Jung-guk: China

Annyong ha-se-yo, dongmu: hello, comrade))

China tilted his head like a curious dog as they talked. Somewhat amused, the older country smiled and walked further inside.

"Heh, don't worry North Korea. We've all wanted to say something like that once in our lives," he said, referring to how Pyongyang talked about how they had everything they needed, "I have, too. It's to show that we're strong, after all!"

He looked over at Pyongyang. "Don't worry about the gifts, I insist that you take them," he said, still seeming quite cheerful. Guessing that other countries were different, which they probably were, he tried to stop the urge of telling them how rude it was to not accept a gift. Back home, accepting gifts were a sign of respect. "Just think of it as something extra."

((Internet again at last! I can write from my computer again now. o u o))

user posted image

Though his expression never changed, something in Pyongyang's smile took on the slightest hint of hostility once China insisted that they take what he'd brought them. While normally he would begin condescendingly telling him how they simply would not be permitted to take the electronic device back to their country, China was a wild card altogether. Without his support, they would have died ages ago. He wasn't allowed to insult him. Without speaking, he quietly pulled his hands back away from his country, backing off while North Korea bowed from his spot trapped on the bed toward China in thanks for his generosity.

"Komawoyo! It's really nice of you to get me anything. I haven't had Chinese teas in a really long time, so I'll be sure to enjoy it. What is this electronic rectangle thing again?" Picking it up, North Korea frowned at the box and shook it around. Not knowing what a wii was to begin with, China's description hadn't exactly helped him at all in deciphering what it was supposed to be used for.

"That?" China asked, "It's something you can play games on. You hook it up to the television and then use the remote to select games to play on. It's both good for exercise and entertainment. There's a virtual swimming game on it that I quite enjoy..." He said, tapping the box. Then he frowned at the red marks around the needle stuck in North Korea's arm. It seemed that he had scratched it.

"You shouldn't scratch the area around the needle, that's a bad idea... Oh, and I hope you get better. How are you feeling now?" He asked, not exactly purposefully turning the conversation away from the gifts.

user posted image

"It's so irritating though, and I can't stand looking at it just sticking in my arm like that." Frowning, North Korea set the box back down and huffed at the needle in his arm, tapping it lightly. When he'd first woken up and seen it, it had honestly horrified him. "Back home, if you're in critical condition and they think you're about to die, the doctors hook these kind of needles into your arms to start draining out all your blood, so I'd been really frightened to see it. It just itches a lot." He explained. This needle, however, was putting things in instead of taking things out of his body. While he couldn't speak the language, one of the nurses had said something in English that sounded a lot like 'nutrient deficiency', so he assumed it had something to do with vitamins.

"I'm feeling fine, but I don't like being here. I tried telling them I was fine but they kept shaking their heads. I just want to leave as soon as possible."

((I'd replied as Egypt and Cairo to Czech before, so if you want something to, you could respond to them if you like.))

China personally thought that sounded a little... harsh? Cruel? However, he kept his thoughts about the needle thing to himself. Everyone did things differently. He remembered the time everyone met Jiangsu and were horrified at her small, crushed feet. Foot binding was a tradition in China. Small feet meant pretty to him, but not to most of the others.

"Well, I advise you to stay until you're better. The doctors know what they're doing," he said confidently.

user posted image

With an almost pitiful sigh, North Korea nodded slowly and fingered the hem of the blanket covering him, lowering his eyes to the fabric. He was correct there. The doctors here did seem to know what they were up to. In his jaded way of viewing the world, he could also see why Pyongyang was always so hesitant to allow him into such institutions, or at least why he thought he acted in such a way. The hospitals were so different here than they were at home. There were no empty liquor bottles being substituted for IVs, they had anaesthesia and running water and heating. He was quietly quite jealous. His country's healthcare used to be the envy of his neighbours; hospitals in every village providing full service with the doctors willing to quite literally chip in a bit of themselves in order to save a patient, all full of charge. It was like a punch to the gut, nothing but a grim reminder to him of just how far he had fallen in stature. The Slovakian doctors certainly knew their trade well, but it depressed him ever so much all the same.

"I would still rather leave, with all due respect, comrade." He murmured quietly, shifting to a more comfortable position against the fluffy white pillow the building provided him with. "Hopefully by the end of the day they'll let me go. I'm feeling much better, now. Sitting around doing nothing... It isn't my style."

user posted image

Startled, the Middle Eastern pair glanced over at Czech as he waved and offered them a good day, sure that they had been the only two left in the building. Perhaps they had been mistaken? Or maybe not observant enough. "Salam wa'alaikum, Czech!" Cairo waved, grinning at the European while Egypt offered a quiet nod and a smaller wave instead. "Nice coat, I love the colour orange. It's my favourite, actually."

((Salam wa'alaikum: peace be upon you, used as goodbye. Google translate does not provide phonetics for Arabic, so I'll just be sounding everything out from how someone with an Egyptian dialect would say things, if you don't mind.))

((There you go! o u o))

user posted image

Czech turned to smile back at Egypt. "Thank you!" he said. He stopped walking out the door, and casually shoved his hands in his pockets, "You know, I have a bunch of clothes like this at home. Not orange specifically, but bight colors. You see, I have a love for bright things. Why, just yesterday I was wearing bright purple jeans. I'm not really one for fashion, to be honest, as long as it's bright or has some sort of funky pattern, I'll wear it," He chuckled then, adjusting his glasses, "Oh, but listen to me rambling on. You really don't want to hear an old guy like me go on and on about clothes. My bad. Hey, I'll see you next world meeting, alright? See ya!" Czech began to walk out the door again, preparing himself for the oncoming cold weather.

user posted image

"Actually, I really don't mind listening to you talk about fashion. Anything trendy in Europe is trendy in Egypt, so it's actually pretty cool to hear that you're so into bright colours. I'll need to remember that." As if in an effort to prove Cairo's honesty, Egypt offered a slight nod to his words, shifting his laptop to his other arm. The city found it a little amusing that Czech had called himself an old guy, considering how old he and his nation both were. It felt like only yesterday, he was standing between the Pharaoh and Mother Egypt watching as the pyramids were being built while a young Egypt played with Anubis in the sands littering their landscape. "I mean, if you have places to be then obviously you've got priorities before us, but if you have any free time sometime I'd love to hear more about your opinion on fashion and stuff you you didn't mind it. We'll see you later, Czech! Keep safe going home."

user posted image

Grinning, Czech turned around and went back to the other two. "Well," he said, "if you don't mind, then I will certainly keep talking. Ah, but do you mind walking to the airport with me. We can strike up a conversation on the way there," Czech turned and walked out the door, "To tell the truth, these clothes aren't really...popular where I lived. Everyone in my country dresses like a, ah, what's it called? Oh, a hipster! That's the word I've heard from America! Yeah, they wear skinny jeans and scarves all the time. Then the girls go wearing shirts too big for them and shorts with tights...Prague is probably the one you want to ask about that. I used to be real close with South Korea, who just loves bright colors..."

user posted image

As soon as he was certain that there were no cars about to cross the road, Cairo sprinted after Czech, followed from behind by his slightly shorter country fumbling with keeping his headpiece from slipping to the side as he hurried after the city. "Scarves are really popular with everyone where we're from, so I can at least understand that. I don't have any problem wearing skinny jeans, but Masr here doesn't like them at all." Cairo glanced back at his nation with a jabbing smile, which was responded to by a slight frown and a shake of the head.

"I dress traditionally." Egypt murmured quietly in his usual soft-spoken way, earning a yap of agreement from Anubis, "Those trousers are not modest at all. Too western for me."

"He's too old-fashioned to get any of this stuff. If Prague would know more about it, then I'll need to ask him sometime too. I like to be as modern as possible. Usually, unless someone's dressed traditionally, back at home we'll just wear thinner hooded shirts with denims. I don't know too much about South Korea, but his music is sort of popular where we're from. Does that count for anything?"

user posted image

"I dunno'," said Czech, shrugging. He didn't really talk to South Korea that much anymore, so he didn't really know what was popular, "What is popular in my country might not be popular everywhere. It's been a few years since I've really been up to date on trends. I don't really care, to be honest. I just like bright colors. When I was younger though, I did wear more traditional things, as did my siblings. Now I sort of just look at that stuff and I can't believe I ever wore it..."

China stayed silent for a while, wondering if North Korea would be alright or not if he checked out early. Then, deciding to try and keep him here, he said, "Don't worry. It won't be long until they'll let you out. Sitting here may be boring, but it's worth it." China then fell silent again, not too sure of what to say.

"Oh, and, tell me about the unicorn lair! What do unicorns look like? How big was the lair? Unicorns are really cute, right?" he asked quickly.

user posted image

"Really? I think you should be proud of your traditional clothes!" Cairo was honestly surprised. Sure, he always went to meetings in street clothes to look more modern, but in the house or at his brother's house he always wore traditional clothes. "You don't wear your clothes in your country any more? I mean, your traditional clothes? Heritage should be really important to you. These days, it's the only thing setting any of us apart."

Egypt raised a hand to Cairo and shook his head, telling him to stop it. Different people had different opinions on things. It was bad enough to have to deal with all the riots back at home over freedom of thought, but to have to listen to a possible discussion over whether casual western clothes were better than traditional clothes or not would be terrible.

user posted image

"The unicorns? Um..." A hint of a blush spread across North Korea's cheeks, getting him to tug uncomfortably at his collar. "To be honest, I didn't see the lair myself. I only hear about it on the state broadcasting channel... Pyongyang saw it, though!"

"That I did." The city muttered cooly, flicking his wrist to whip a few short tufts of hair back. "It's very close to my city. The unicorns were the traditional type, you know, with scales and tufts of fur. The lair itself was pretty big. Of course, there were no unicorns there, but it was confirmed to be the centre of the den that had housed an old emperor's unicorns. It only reconfirms the fact that I was the capital of Kogureyo in ancient times!"