Blobblarg242

Hetalia: War, Peace, or Randomness?

"I never meant to suggest anything other than that you entertain me, as I was bored. And coffee sounds nice." Anything warm sounded nice, actually. Even putting his hand on a stove would be nice, if only to bring a little heat. It wasn't that Sweden couldn't stand the cold, he was wearing only a single jacket as protection after all. He just didn't enjoy it. True, the temperature wasn't unbearable but still... the Swede envied warmer countries. He stepped through Denmark's doorway and looked about. "Nice house..." He commented. 'Perhaps I could bum out here if anything happens back home.' Sweden thought to himself. 'It's not as though it would be uncomfortable.'

Denmark shrugged and shut the door behind him. She gestured a hand toward an over-coated coat rack before shuffling through to the kitchen with a mutter about how she was having black coffee. Switching on the kettle, she proceeded to lump in coffee. "What do you like with it?" she asked, yawning again. She couldn't understand how some people could live without indoor heating. They must freeze! Well, she was used to the cold, but it was nicer for it to be at a suitable temperature. Colder than what some would find comfortable, but she liked it.

Copenhagen loped along the sidewalk, hands in the pockets of his jeans and an easy grin on his lips. He was most certainly looking forward to having some drinks with his friend. Alcohol made him even more happy and wild than usual. Waving across at some women across the street, he let out a low wolf whistle before chuckling and halting outside the pub. "This one alright?" he asked, inclining his head toward it.

user posted image

Prague licked his lips to keep them from drying out in the cold. He was glad to be spending time with friends, but he was freezing. Northern Europe certainly had a harsh winter. He shoved his hands into the pockets of his jeans, glancing over when he saw Copenhagen look across the street. He spotted a couple of young woman and was going to politely wave himself, but Copenhagen knocked his hand down on accident before he could. Huffing, Prague was about to attempt to give the two another wave again, but then he heard Copenhagen whistle. Immediately, the two ladies seemed insulted. The wrinkled their noses and began walking quickly down the street to avoid them. When the stopped in front of the pub, Prague popped the bottom half of his face out form his grey scarf and gave Copenhagen a glare. "You know, you should really be more polite to women. They don't like things like that," he then took a look at the pub. It still had it's Christmas decorations up and it was covered in snow. Inside, many people were enjoying a nice, warm meal and drinking. Thankfully, it looked like no one was drinking themselves until they were drunk. Prague hated that, it was just so embarrassing. Nodding, he looked over at Copenhagen, "This looks fine. Now let's hurry and get inside before I freeze my ass off."

Copenhagen laughed heartily and clapped him on the shoulder. "Always such a bundle of fun. C'mon, you mis," he said, opening the door and holding it for a moment more so that it wouldn't completely slam in his face. Then he was inside, winking at a group of older women and eliciting a couple of giggles as he sauntered up to the bar. He threw a note down, ordering a good strong beer. (posting from a phone with a terrible keyboard. Posts will be shorter. Sorry.)

user posted image

Prague huffed and pulled the scarf back over his mouth. Even if they were going inside, he wanted to be as warm as possible. He moved his hand out to the side to avoid being hit by the door after Copenhagen had opened it so wide. They passed a group of women who giggled when the two capitols walked by, eliciting another glare from Prague to Copenhagen. He was being so disrespectful! Prague of course was homosexual so he didn't really flirt with females, but even then he saw things like whistling and loudly commenting them as embarrassing, for all parties involved. He took a seat next to Copenhagen, putting his money on the table and ordering whatever was the strongest alcohol they had. He would probably have to order food after it, so he ordered it in a small glass. The bartender gave him a strange look, but went to prepare the drink anyway. Sighing, he took off his ear hat and unrolled his scarf, his brown hair fizzing up a little bit. "So," he glanced over at his friend, "How's life treating you?"

Copenhagen took a good drink from his beer, bringing it away from his mouth and swiping his tongue along his top lip to remove the foam there. "Life is good. Life is always good," he said in the usual lazy way he did. He swung around on his barstool, navy eyes dancing along the room, searching out a pretty girl or two to possibly flirt with a bit later. "Haven't had a proper girlfriend for a while, though. Maybe I'll pick up someone here for some fun," he mused, glancing across to the other capital. "You? Any love on the horizon?" Suddenly he was grinning in that childish, cheeky, way of his. He absolutely loved it when people were made uncomfortable by his questions or conversation. Personally, he almost never got embarrassed. But Prague seemed like the sort of person who might.

user posted image

Prague sighed and rolled his eyes. The way Copenhagen treated women was hard to tolerate. He was just so disrespectful and it was surprising to see that they actually payed attention to him. In his home, women wouldn't even acknowledge that he existed. Shaking his head, he took a sip of his beer. He nearly choked on it though at Copenhagen's question. Setting his beer down, he wiped his chin and glared at the Dane. He knew very well how he felt and that the feelings wouldn't be returned. It was actually quite a terrible thing to ask. "You know, there's more things to life than romance," he said hotly before turning back to his beer, "Jeez, I thought I could actually get away from all that, but it's all anyone cares about anymore..."

((...Copenhagen doesn't know about the crush, from what I thought. ._.))

Copenhagen slowly raised a blonde eyebrow. The guy was touchy. He chuckled at his huffiness, sipping again. "What is life without a little romance? Or a lot, as I prefer it. It's extremely... Pleasing. Fun," he said, wiggling his eyebrows at the innuendo. Hrm. That brunette chick across the way really was catching his eye. It was nice to have a change from the usual blondes. Leaning across, he ruffled Prague's hair in a friendly manner. He often did this stuff to Denmark - he was like a younger brother who acted as an older one. "You need to loosen up, my friend. You should know by now that if you're out with me, it's bound to turn to romance at some point."

Edited by Chicogal

user posted image

"Man, I'm just tired of it," said Prague, sighing. He put his elbow on the table and put his chin on his hand. Taking a sip from his beer, he licked his lips and shook his head, "Lately it just seems that's all anyone ever wants to talk about. There's more to life than that. What about friendships or...just anything else? There's also a difference between love and lust, which many countries don't seem to get. I'm sure you remember that whole fiasco with Czech and Romania last year. That whole thing nearly got my stupid brother blinded permanently. We're lucky he's a country...," His words trailed off as he thought of the situation, flinching away when Copenhagen ruffled his hair. Czech had only recently gotten his sight back, but his eyes were still really screwed up so he needed glasses. Prague didn't really like to think about it. So much pain had been involved and so many had died since then. He himself had nearly lost an eye and he still had the scars on his face from an explosion to prove it. He chuckled at Copenhagen's comment, "Too bad I'm gay."

It was Copenhagen's turn to snort into his drink in a rather undignified manner. Raising his head, he almost wiped his chin with his forearm. But it was then that he remembered he was wearing one of his usual smart shirts and grabbed a serviette from a waiter passing by instead (he received a glare as the man went to get another one for the patrons he was serving). "I thought you were bi," he said honestly, straightening and screwing up the white tissue. Then he resumed sipping at his beer and speaking inbetween. "Then again, I don't think I've ever seen you involved with a girl. Hm. I think it's all the protectiveness you seem to exert over them." It really was kind of misleading. Prague was very chivalrous toward women. He wasn't really himself, although it depended on whether or not he was interested in the girl.

user posted image

Prague sighed and rolled his eyes to look down at his drink. That was usually the typical reaction people gave him. They made such a big deal out of his sexuality and he just didn't get why. It didn't matter what gender he liked, as long as he was happy. Of course, there were a few who had religious reasons for getting bothered, but he tended to avoid those types of people int he first place. He sipped at his beer as Copenhagen came over the initial shock and told him that he thought Prague was Bisexual. "No, I only like guys," said Prague flatly, "The only reason I respect women is because they deserve it. It's how I've been raised and what I've been taught. It's natural for someone from my country to be especially polite to women. It's just how it works back home."

user posted image

"Aren't you finished yet? You're taking an age here!" With an irritable sigh and a roll of the eyes, Cairo crossed his arms and leant back in his chair as he waited for his brother to finish up whatever it was he was doing on the portable computer he had brought along, Anubis curled up quietly beneath his chair. Silent as ever, Egypt completely disregarded his capital city's complaints in favour of continuing his 'work' on the computer - that being the illegal downloading of several computer games and films, though Cairo needn't really know that. Otherwise he would probably try reprimanding him for taking up his time for something so frivolous, but really, the internet connection here was just so much more reliable than it was at home, where it would always disconnect in the middle of something important for an hour or two at a time before reconnecting. He really did need to look into getting that fixed.

At long last, he stood up and powered his computer down, packing it away into a carrying case and slipping its strap across his shoulder. Letting out a breath of relief, Cairo stood up and the pair walked in the direction of the exit, sure that they and the jackal trotting alongside them were the last living beings left in the building at this point.

Having heard North Korea was ill, and being very disappointed, China drove towards where he had heard North Korea was. It was good manners to visit. In his arms, he held a Chinese version of the wii and a box of tea leaves, gifts for his sick friend. A smile was on his face as he looked out of the windows, trying to determine if something that someone was holding was made in China or not. Suddenly, he saw Pyongyang walking along the other way, seeming lost. He told the diver to pull up next to the capitol and rolled down the window.

"Pyongyang! Ni hao! What are you doing? You lost?" he called to the city, waving and smiling.

user posted image

By now, Pyongyang's initial anger at Slovakia had subsidised, though that didn't keep his steadily growing frustration at his current situation away. His plan of walking in a circle wasn't working, and he still couldn't figure out which way north or south or whatever was. Where had he even started? How was he ever supposed to find that stupid hospital? He couldn't even read any of the signs. This was a hopeless case. A car suddenly began slowing down as it approached him, making him glance around uncomfortably to check if anyone else was around. No-one was. If he was kidnapped in the middle of this place, he'd swear on the ghost of Kim Il-Sung himself that he will make Slovakia rue the day he decided to-

"Oh! H-Hello, China-seonbae." Well, that had startled him quite a bit. He hadn't been expecting China to appear at all. Offering him a deep bow in respect, he straightened with a slight frown, not really wanting to admit that he was lost. "I was looking for my brother, is all. He was sent to a nearby hospital, but I'm having trouble finding it. With all due respect, sir, what are you doing here?"

user posted image

Czech smiled as his brother shuffled out the door with Copenhagen, giving them a teasing wave. His capital did nothing but give him a dirty glare before slamming the door behind him. Czech shook his head, chuckling. Prague was always getting upset and mad of silly things. He was only teasing, but Prague took it way too personally. Looking around, Czech suddenly noticed that he and Egypt were the only two countries remaining at the meeting. China had left just seconds earlier. Now that he was nearly alone, he decided that it was time for him to g. Walking to the room where they kept the coat, he slipped on his own bright orange one and wrapped a green scarf around his neck. As he was leaving he raised a hand and waved to Egypt. "Have a good day," he said casually.

Copenhagen nodded slowly before taking another drink. "Oh, okay. It just gives one a different expectation really," he said, leaning back against the counter lazily. He was far from actually being so, though. He tended to do a lot of walking and cycling, along with partying. And other activities. His physique had always been tall and lanky, though. He hmm'd softly to himself, twisting around to order another beer and passing the money to receive it. His economy wasn't doing too badly at the moment. It never really did. Denmark seemed to always be pretty stable when it came to financial things. Good beer, this was. "So; what do you do to keep fit?" he asked suddenly, turning his head and glancing him up and down. The capital was always up for a new exercise; providing it sounded interesting.

user posted image

Prague shrugged and look back at his drink. He was already on his third, but he wasn't in the least bit tipsy. He noticed that Copenhagen was on his second. It wasn't all that important, but it was just a simple observation. He then felt the other capitol's eyes on him and he looked over, seeing that he was, in fact, being looked over. He opened his mouth to ask Copenhagen what exactly it was that he wanted, but he was interrupted by the question. "What do I do to stay fit?" he repeated, furrowing his brow. The question was sort of out of nowhere, but it was at least something to talk about, "Well, I play hockey and football a lot. So, of course, I lift weights and run. I also stretch and practice skating. The weight lifting is what I do the most..."

Sweden shrugged. In truth, he didn't care what was in the drink so long as it was warm. "I suppose a little bit of sugar and cream." The Swede looked around the home a little. It was certainly a nice home... nicer than he remembered. Then again, the few times he had seen it before had usually been against a backdrop of war. Not many people seemed to know it, but Sweden and Denmark had a bit of a rivalry... in fact, they'd gone to war with one another more times than France and England had. So when Denmark surrendered, he usually only saw a ruined version of her home. "So... where is your capital? Causing trouble?" Sweden didn't know much about Copenhagen, other than that he was supposedly annoying.

Copenhagen looked quite impressed. "That's a lot. I mainly just walk and cycle. Den does some football. Maybe you should take me to play some someday. Or hockey. Do long as I don't get hit in the face," he mused, feeling a hand along his jaw thoughtfully before his hand dropped down to resting on his thigh. He took a drink from his beer. "I wouldn't be as strong as you though..." The only part of his body which was actually quite strong were his legs, especially his calves. A result of much cycling. "How much do you lift? Maybe you can carry me out of here if I get drunk," he teased, with one of his extremely Copenhagen-like grins. Cheeky and persuasive.

((Not sure about you guys, but when I say football, I mean soccer. tongue.gif))

Denmark nodded and put in the cream and then the sugar. Then she passed him the mug before starting on her own bitter black coffee. It was good like this. Had a bite. She sipped it silently for a couple more moments before breaking the silence. Sweden really was having a good look around the place. Which was to be expected, seeing as he hadn't been in here all that often. "You like what you see?" she asked dryly, raising her eyebrows. Oh, and a question about Copenhagen. "Out with that friend of his - Prague. Sweet guy. Don't see how they get along; he doesn't deserve this punishment." She rolled her eyes for emphasis. Honestly, her capital was also quite sweet when he tried. But he joked around a lot. Not a bad thing; he could often make a good effort to keep spirits up when things were bad.

"Ah, I'm here to visit North Korea, too! Ni kan!" China called, holding up the gifts he had brought, "I even got him gifts!" Then he put the gifts back down and called, "I can give you a lift if you want in my FAW Red Flag! It's my best car, the best of the best! Made in China," he said, proudly showing off the car to the capitol, "So, you want a ride? I got directions from JiangSu!"

((Ni Kan! - Look!))

user posted image

"I see," Pyongyang stated simply, looking over the shiny black limousine of a car. The gifts he had brought troubled him, especially since one of them looked like it was electronic - he would make sure it was to be studied and then destroyed as soon as China was gone. "Well of course, comrade; anything that comes out of China would naturally be of the utmost quality. That's very kind of you to offer me a lift. It would be rude to say no, so if you don't mind, I'd love a ride. I'll have to thank JiangSu-dongmu the next time I see her, for giving you directions. Thank you again, I think I would've been stuck for ages circling this place if you hadn't happened to see me."

((-dongmu: comrade. This replaced most of the other honourifics in North Korea once the Communist Party took over.))

user posted image

Startled, the Middle Eastern pair glanced over at Czech as he waved and offered them a good day, sure that they had been the only two left in the building. Perhaps they had been mistaken? Or maybe not observant enough. "Salam wa'alaikum, Czech!" Cairo waved, grinning at the European while Egypt offered a quiet nod and a smaller wave instead. "Nice coat, I love the colour orange. It's my favourite, actually."

((Salam wa'alaikum: peace be upon you, used as goodbye. Google translate does not provide phonetics for Arabic, so I'll just be sounding everything out from how someone with an Egyptian dialect would say things, if you don't mind.))

Edited by opallapo

user posted image

"I mostly play for fun, so that might be possible," said Prague, shrugging. He usually just played small one on one games with Czech or he and his nation played Slovakia and Bratislava. They might of gone against Poland once or twice, but he wasn't exactly the best opponent. He'd throw a fit if he lost. He shrugged again at Copenhagen's question, "Do you mean how often or how much weight? I don't really know the weight, to be honest. I just lift what I can and I do it only about once a week. I don't think I'll be strong enough to lift you though. If you were passed out maybe, but there's no way I'm staying with you if you get drunk..."

"Then, let's go!" China said, pulling Pyongyang into the car. The car then began driving down the road. China had shuffled over to make room for Pyongyang as he fiddled with a toy panda. Feeling a little awkward at the silence, China decided to break it.

"Hey, Pyongyang, how did North Korea get sick, anyways?" he asked with some curiosity in his voice.

user posted image

"He drank milk." The capitol replied in a monotone, as if bored with the idea. In reality a protein deficiency spread across two or three generations had made the people of his country generally unable to consume things like milk at all, but he wasn't about to just say that it was from malnutrition. Imagine how much face he would lose! "He's allergic to it and drank it without bothering to ask what it was. It made his throat close up. It really wasn't even that much of a big deal, but Slovakia insisted on calling him an ambulance anyway. In my opinion, he's babying him. Enough of that nonsense though, how have you been?"

China frowned. It seemed serious to him, but Pyongyang didn't seem to think too much of it. Shrugging, the Asian superpower decided to trust Pyongyang's opinion on this, convincing himself that North Korea would be fine soon enough.

"I've been fine! The things with Japan are clearing up. JiangSu said she'd never forgive the poor country, but disputes like this come and go," China said, "However, JiangSu couldn't come visit because she had some things to talk about with BeiJing."