Blobblarg242

Hetalia: War, Peace, or Randomness?

user posted image

"It's just not what I like anymore," said Czech, sticking his hands in his pockets. He didn't mind traditional clothing, he just had his own sense of style, "I mean, people still wear them, but that's usually for tourism reason. Now, in my brother Slovakia's home, they do that more often. They're real traditional over there. I mean, a lot of people live on farms and stuff. I just prefer to wear what I want. I mean, those clothes were just not what I like. I used to think I was so cool, now I'm embarrassed..."

user posted image

So, he'd stopped wearing them because he thought he didn't look cool any more. Europe was a rather hip and savvy kind of place, at least to Cairo, so he could respect that... He supposed. Of course, his own personal opinion was much different from that of Czech's, but if that was what was cool...

"Oh... Oh, y-yeah! I get it! Yeah, traditional clothes I guess can have this whole too formal connotation to them at times. Like something elders would wear. You wouldn't want to put out the wrong kind of public image. When I think about it like that, I totally see where you're coming from, they aren't cool at all."

"Hmph." Egypt frowned from behind, slightly offended. His normal clothes were always traditional. Were they trying to say he wasn't cool? That... But then again, why would he seem cool to them anyway? It wasn't like he'd done anything to really try and put out that mindset.

After a long period of silence, the quiet country decided to break the stillness in the air by stepping forward to join his two taller companions while fumbling with some ceramics. Turning to Czech, he stated in much too flat a tone to be a question, "Would you like to buy a pot?"

user posted image

"Not even the old people wear it anymore," said Czech, staring at the ground now. His traditional clothes made him look stupid. Slovakia, on the other hand, loved traditional clothing. It was so weird. He shrugged then, "But to each their own, I guess. I don't really care as long as they're comfortable." He lifted his chin slightly to try to see if they were close to the air port, or at least not as far away as they were before. When he looked back down, Egypt was suddenly standing next to him, messing with something in his pockets. It was such a sudden question that Czech didn't really catch it. Putting up his hands defensively, he shook his head, "Oh! Oh, no, man, I don't do that anymore. Or at least I say I don't. Man, you should really keep that sort of thing under wraps, Do you know how bad it makes a country look if they do that? Put that crap away."

user posted image

Czech reacted so quickly that Egypt flinched back, nearly dropping the pot he had drawn out. Under... Under wraps? Was that some kind of pun on mummification or something? He couldn't understand why selling a pot would make a country look bad for the life of him. His ceramics were well known to be of the utmost quality, and he'd never been yelled at for selling them - or at least, not yelled at so quickly, as eventually his nagging people to purchase them sometimes led them to start getting vocal at him instead of just buying one and walking away. Czech didn't do that now, though, according to him. Did... Did he mean he didn't like ceramics or something? Sullen, Egypt lowered his head and clutched the pot that he'd finally managed to draw out close to his chest, shuffling closer to Cairo. Unlike his capital, his opinion on Europeans and the west in general was rather sour due to his past relations to Great Britain and France, though he'd at least kept an open mind about the rest of the continent. Perhaps it was best to stick to Africa and Asia at this point.

"... Two for one?" He mumbled quietly, wondering if that would amend things.

user posted image

"Two...for...?" Czech narrowed his eyes, confused. He didn't really do drugs all that much anymore, but normally he tried to buy as little as possible. Drugs looked really bad on a country, which was why most people seemed to think Slovakia was some sort of stoner. It actually wasn't that far off from that, actually. Shaking his head, he went back to focusing on Egypt. Soon, he realized that the other country was holding an actual pot. Czech's jaw gaped and he felt his face pale slightly from embarrassment, "Oh, you were talking about actual pottery. Oh...Haha, of course! I knew that the whole time! Um, no thanks, man, I'm not really into that stuff. Sorry."

user posted image

Czech leaned against his kitchen table, sipping at whatever alcohol was in his hand. He hadn't bothered to look at the label or anything. He just grabbed something from his giant freezer and started drinking it. Setting his drink down, he looked at his watch. "Hey, Prague!" he said, looking over his shoulder at his brother, "When did you say the party was gonna' start again?"

"Five," said the capitol, looking over from the kebabs he was making. The capitol turned around and gave his older sibling a glare, "You could help me, you know."

"I could," said Czech, standing straight, "But I need to change clothes or something." Prague said nothing else, and Czech walked across his house to the raised platform that was his bedroom. He was still in his pajamas, as he was too lazy to change as soon as the day started, especially on weekends. Though, his clock said it was about four thirty. He hoped that no guests would arrive before he was ready.

He decided on a bright yellow t-shirt with two teal stripes going form one shoulder to his hip and pants that appeared to have what looked like pictures of outer space on them. His style of dress was odd, to say the least. He really liked bright colors and weird pattens. He picked up his blue-tinted glasses form their usual spot and put them on, along with his two-tailed red lion necklace. He sprayed on enough cologne to drown a person and then pulled three small earrings and poked them in the three spots next to his ear.

Once he was done, he went to a wide open space on a slightly shorter platform. Stepping on a button, the floor opened and underneath was a jacuzzi. He sighed, glad that he had decided to change put on his swim shorts under his clothes. If someone wanted to chill with him, he would. Though, that wouldn't mean he would keep his hands to himself. Reaching down, he pressed another button and let the bubbles start go and warm the water. Another button turned on the color alternating lights and a third turned on music. He turned up the volume slightly. It was some sort of remix of video game music played on a music box. When he was done, he sighed and put his hands in his pockets. "Well, my job's done!"

There was a steady click-clack of black stiletto high heels on the pavement as Denmark walked inside the apartment building which housed Czech. He lived in a penthouse at the very top - pretty awesome place for a party. She made her way toward the elevator, giving a red-lipped smile to a man coming out. Stepping inside, she pressed the button to make it go to the top floor. She was dressed in a sequinned black and red dress, to mid-thigh and with spaghetti straps, hugging to her body. It was a party, after all. Why not look good in one's clothing? Twirling a finger around her straightened brown hair, she shifted her weight slightly. Usually it fell in gentle curls down to mid-back. This building was pretty high up! Eventually it stopped, and she stepped out to face a passageway. She walked down the passageway and then rapped on the door. "Czech! It's Deeeenmark!"

Edited by Chicogal

"Whao! Your old Emperor had unicorns?" China asked Pyongyang, "Wow... All our Emperors had was the Mandate of Heaven. That was the closest they had to a Holy Beast..." he said thoughtfully. "But we had giraffes in the Imperial Zoo! They're so cute! Plus, they look like Qilin. Qilin are a lot like unicorns, but even more holy. They bring rui to our land. They important in our culture..."

Then he looked at Pyongyang when Pyongyang said he was the capital in ancient times. "Our capital was always moving. It was Nanjing for quite a long time, but back then Nanjing had a different name. JiangSu is very proud of Nanjing, because Nanjing is her oldest younger sibling."

user posted image

A knock on the door pulled Czech's attention away from the hot tub. He looked at his watch again, seeing that it was nearly five o' clock. On his way to the door, he picked up his drink and looked at Prague. "Hey, might want to get some of the meat out for those burgers," he said before going to the door. He didn't really like German food, but it was better than anything. Usually, people ate pizza and burgers at parties, he figured. Opening the door, he quickly took in the sight of Denmark. She looked lovely, as always. Her figure was quite accentuated and he couldn't help but smirk at her. It was a pity she was closer with Slovakia than him. Smiling, he stood aside and held the door for her, "Mm-mm, man! You look hot in that! Man, how are the guys not all over you? Anyway, there's food and drinks in the kitchen. If you want, I can get you something special from my fridge."

Edited by Icepelt

user posted image

"Well to be honest, our 'unicorns' are more like your qilin than those silly white horses spoken of in the west."

North Korea couldn't help but think that Pyongyang almost seemed to be glowing, he was grinning so widely - of course, the capital lived to be praised and adored. He was more a showcase model than a real city. So physically attractive, but there wasn't much going on in reality within his borders. "She should be proud of her siblings," Pyongyang added suddenly, nodding knowingly. "After all, if they're obedient and respectable, they'll give out a good image for your whole country overall."

"Ah, but China's cities are all so cool..." The words were mumbled without much though, and it took North Korea a moment to realize that he had been the one to say them. Startled, he returned his focus to picking at the needle jutting into the back of his wrist, as if contemplating just yanking it out. With a loud cough, Pyongyang smiled and reached around North Korea to appear to drape his arm reassuringly over his shoulders, pinching him in the side from behind the blanket covering most of his lower torso.

"Yes, well, what he meant was that your our good good friend and that we very much like you and all your cities... But ours are better, of course. Worker's Paradise and all that. The DPRK here is just a sycophant to you is all."

Going beet red, the country groaned and gently pushed the city away, appalled at how rude he was.

"I'm sorry, he never stops being like this..."

Denmark grinned at him and dipped her head. "Thanks, Czech. Looking pretty good yourself," she complimented, stepping through into the house. He always wore eccentric clothing, but it somehow really suited him. She took the place in, glancing about it, lips slightly opened as she uttered an almost silent, 'Wow,' then turned slightly so she was facing him once more. "No worries; I don't need anything special," she chuckled, then walking off toward and into the kitchen. Aha, there was Prague. "Hey there!" Taking a beer, she poured the whole thing into a glass and then threw the can into the bin. Then she faced him, sipping the beer. "Czech got you in the kitchen, huh? Hey; who else has arrived? Slovakia?" she asked hopefully. She always liked to see her friend. They sometimes had drinks together, visited eachother, and generally got along well.

user posted image

Czech followed behind Denmark into the kitchen, sipping from his drink as he did so. He leaned against his counter next to where Prague was cooking, getting a dirty look from the capitol. He just couldn't help messing with his brother a little bit, especially since his reaction was so entertaining. Though, the capitol looked around his brother and gave a wide smile to Denmark. "Hello," he then looked back at Czech, "You know neither of us is really used to cooking, as we had people cooking for us a lot of the time. So I had to learn all on my own." At the question about Slovakia, both went silent. It was almost like he wasn't around anymore. He did have a really good reason though.

"Well, he's in the psychiatric hospital," said Czech, giving a nervous glance to Denmark. It happened all the time, especially when Slovakia didn't take his neuroleptics. Czech took a long drink, "He wasn't off his medicine, but he was apparently trying to sell drugs right near the police station. I asked him and he said he did it to tick off the cops, but...they can't really take him to jail because of his condition. So, I admitted him again..."

Denmark nodded along with the capital. She tended to do her own cooking, as did Copenhagen. At least, when at home. They ate out a lot as well - partly due to all their travel! She glanced from one Czech to the other, expression growing curious and rather worried as a silence went on. When the bomb dropped, her mouth opened slightly in shock, eyes widening. "H-He did what?" she said softly, now extremely concerned about her friend and ally. Was he really that idiotic? Urgh! "And now he's back in hospital... Oh god..." Plus, who was she going to have to chill with at the party? Czech would have to do for now. Anyway, that wasn't the point. Realising her grip had become rather tight on the glass, she loosened it and sighed heavily. "When do you think he's coming out? Can I visit him sometime?" she asked anxiously.

((You know scent memory? That happened to me today... Found one of my old deodorants, sniffed it, and slowly all those memories of late nights roleplaying DenmarkxCzech amazing moments rushed back... <3))

user posted image

"I don't know," said Czech, looking up from his glass. He had wanted the party to be happy and he had honestly hoped to avoid the topic of Slovakia. People knew he was shy, and so he thought that everyone would think he was too shy to come around to the party. Czech hated talking about the emotional problems that Slovakia suffered from. He sighed, crossing his arms, "It could only be a few days, or a few months like it was a couple years ago. I don't really think you can visit him, Denmark. He's a sociopath. His actions are completely unpredictable, even if he is on those neuroleptics. They help him calm down so he's at least coherent to go to therapy, but he's still dangerous. Maybe he'll get out early, he is a country after all."

Denmark played with her glass between her hands, pouting slightly in disappointment. Poor Slovakia. It wasn't his fault he was so... Violent? That wasn't really the word, as he wasn't able to control his actions. "I hope he gets better soon..." she said quietly, rolling the glass between her hands and then bringing it up to take another sip. Now she was feeling rather down - she could feel her eyes just beginning to tear up in pity for her friend. But no, she couldn't cry at a party! "Well- um... There was a jacuzzi somewhere over there, right?" She gestured vaguely in the direction. Maybe something like that would help to take their minds off Slovakia's plight. "Why don't we go over there and I'll just put my feet in. I dunno about you~"

user posted image

The air was really quiet and tense for a long time. Czech probably should of lied or something, but he didn't want to lie to a lady. Prague hadn't said anything at all during the conversation and he wasn't even looking at the two nations. Czech's gaze dropped to the drink in his hands, he didn't even want to drink it anymore. He wasn't in the mood. "Well- um... There was a jacuzzi somewhere over there, right?" Czech looked back at Denmark, "Why don't we go over there and I'll just put my feet in. I dunno about you~" Czech was about to agree that they should all just relax, but then Prague turned around and set a couple plates of food on the table.

"Here," said the capitol, "Why don't you eat first?" He turned back around to get a couple more plates of food and set them down. Standing straight, Czech got a look at what his brother had cooked. There were the kebabs and burgers of course, then a plate of vegetables for what people wanted on their burgers. There was also salad and brat wurst. There was a lot of German influenced food, which Czech didn't like that much, honestly, but he'd eat it anyway. After all, he was trying to get along better with Germany. Sighing, he got a bowl from the one's already on the table and got some salad, pouring on a little bit of dressing afterwards.

"We can eat in the living room and watch a hockey game or something," he said, turning and walking to his living room.

Denmark glanced at Prague. She wasn't feeling as hungry as she had been before knowing about Slovakia; it had upset her quite a bit. But she couldn't be rude - they were both very sweet. And she wouldn't hurt Prague's feelings. Taking a plate, she put on a bratwurst. She couldn't help but like Germany's food; it was pretty yummy, and she visited the country very often. Adding some salad, she thanked Prague and took a knife and fork before following Czech through. Kind of hard to believe she was the only one here. Copenhagen was only coming later, when he assumed the party would be in full swing. Entering the room, she took a seat and waited for the other nation.

user posted image

Czech turned on his television and flipped through the channels until he landed on something about hockey. This wasn't what he had expected from his party at all. He had said that all nations, even Germany and North Korea, were invited. Though so far, only Denmark had showed up. It was the weekend! Were all of the other nations really that busy? He sighed and shoved a bit of salad into his mouth.

"Who's playing?" asked Prague as he came over and took a seat next to Czech.

"I don't know I think Finland and Sweden," said Czech, narrowing his eyes at the screen.

"Oh, well, that's probably why they're not here," said Prague, "You know how competitive those two are with each other."

"Yeah..." Czech was starting to regret hosting the party in the first place. No one was coming, not even the nations that lived really close like Austria and Hungary. He sighed again, thinking that he should just ask Denmark to go to dinner and say that the party was cancelled. It would be better than just sitting around with no one there but three people.

user posted image

Late as always.

Cairo bounded ahead of him through the halls, while Egypt went along at his own pace as usual, the ever-present Anubis trotting quietly beside him. The capital was dressed in a white collared shirt with a tan knit sweater atop it, a light green scarf hanging around his neck. His black trousers narrowed themselves around his ankles, leading to a pair of black and white ballroom shoes. All in all, it was what he liked to call 'respectful casual', not being too casual but also not being too stuffy. Egypt, on the other hand, was entirely dressed in his usual traditional clothing, headpiece and all.

"You really needed to come over like that? C'mon, brother, this isn't Indonesia or Jordan! We're in Europe, here!" Cairo complained light-heartedly, obviously excited. The city seemed so zealous over everything western... Aside from a few touchy subjects when it came to Great Britain and France, who Egypt quietly wished to be absent. France he knew was busy with Mali, so perhaps he wouldn't be coming at all. Adjusting the bin of sweets he was carrying as a gift to the host, he caught up to Cairo right as the city began knocking on the door, smoothing out any minute wrinkles in his dishdasha.

"It's fine..."

Despite getting a little annoyed at Pyongyang's boastful behavior, China stayed calm. "I think all unicorns are very cute... But of course Qilin are cuter!" he commented, "JiangSu was very annoyed when the capital moved to BeiJing, always saying how NanJing was better. She kept saying BeiJing took things too lightly and he was a stupid drunk, but he has a lot of ability and potential and a lot of Historical Sites..." It was true. BeiJing had the Great Wall, TianAnMen Square, The Temple of Heaven and many others.

user posted image

There was a knock on the door, dragging Czech's attention away from the TV. He set down his salad and excused himself form the other two. Going to the door, he opened it up and was greeted by the sight of Egypt and his capitol. "Oh, hi!" he said, smiling. He wasn't exactly close with Egypt, but it was cool that more people were coming around. He stepped aside to allow them inside, "Just make yourselves at home! Make sure you take off your shoes indoors though! There's food on the table in my kitchen and I can get you any drink you want from my fridge!"

user posted image

"Hello, Czech! It's nice to see you again!" Beaming, Cairo and the ever deadpanned Egypt simultaneously stepped forward to deliver a kiss to either cheek on their host's face, Egypt extending his arms to offer out the sweets he had brought over. Stepping inside, the pair removed their shoes as they were told before splitting up, Egypt shuffling over quietly to sit down beside Prague near the telly while Cairo looked around in muted excitement. "This is a really cool home, Czech! Must take ages to clean though! It looks really pristine and neat - you do a really good job! If you have any meat out, is it halal? Otherwise I'll just take anything vegan without cooking wines on it."

Glancing toward the television for a moment, Egypt turned toward Prague and kissed the other man on the cheek as well, hesitating once he saw Denmark. He bowed toward her instead.

user posted image

Oh, joyous day! After that immensely embarrassing exchange with China, he was finally out of the hospital, and, even better yet, finally out of Pyongyang's reach - what good luck, for the ever present city to be recalled home while their nation went under martial law! As bittersweet as that news was, it still made the young country very happy and excited, since he was almost never allowed anywhere on his own. It seemed as if the sudden spike in cannibalism and famine in the land meant everyone could keep a slightly looser grip on him. Maybe of he showed up without his brother, everyone would treat him like a person instead of like a country... Clutching his invitation tightly in between clammy hands, the petite communist nation stumbled up to what he figured would be Czech's door and knocked, shuffling his feet a bit. He'd left his military uniform at home and settled instead for his usual casual national uniform; a black long sleeved collared shirt coupled with long black fabric trousers, his bright red Kim Il-Sung and Kim Jong- Il pin glinting on his chest while a long red Socialist Youth League scarf hung from his neck. Thinking on it now, perhaps he should have brought a gift for the host...

Denmark turned around slightly as people entered the penthouse. She grinned at Cairo. "Hey there!" Then a sweeping motion out of the corner of her eye and there was Egypt, kissing Prague on the cheek. He only bowed toward her. Leaning forward and setting her now empty plate down on the table as Czech's was, she pulled a mock frown at him. "No kisses for me? I'm feeling left out! Deprived!" she joked, giving her head a shake. Although, really, she was wondering why she'd been left out. Perhaps it was a cultural thing with women? Or maybe it was because they didn't know eachother too well.

((My Dutch family I met over the holidays are funny. xd.png This woman I barely know just walks up to me and starts kissing my cheeks. Not sure what the culture here is with kissing. It tends to be more man-woman, from what I've seen, and I think just one kiss...))

Edited by Chicogal

user posted image

"Oh, hey, Danimark! How have you been?" Pressing a hand against his chest, Cairo turned toward the woman in the room with a smile, bowing toward her as well. Egypt flinched back a bit at her comments, however, taking them much more literally. He hadn't meant to leave her feeling left out... But kissing a woman he wasn't married or related to would be so inappropriate. After staring at the television of a bit longer, he turned back toward the European woman and frowned, bowing his head again in apology.

"I'm sorry," he murmured softly, "But that would be wrong of me. I'll bring you a gift of coffee and ceramics the next time I see you as an apology." Anubis yapped beside him, padding up to Denmark and nudging against the side of her leg as if to make up for his master's incompetence.

((Oh, back at home you only kiss people you're related to when it comes to the opposite gender, but you'll kiss total strangers when they're the same gender as you. It also seems to me like if it's an old man or woman kissing you you'll end up getting kissed six times instead of two. x . x

It isn't a religious thing though, since whether your Christian or Muslim you still tend to do it. I think it's just culture.))