Blobblarg242

Hetalia: War, Peace, or Randomness?

China, realizing he had probably made North Korea embarrassed, stopped laughing and said, "Sorry, couldn't help it." Then he started drumming his fingers against the table again, wondering where everyone else was. Jiangsu had been giving China an appalled look as he laughed. Right now, they were quite alone in the skirmish with Japan and couldn't afford to make more enemies. As much as China was upset about Japan and him not being friends, he couldn't help but be angry at his little brother. After all, Japan had started it and had always seemed to not approve of his affection towards the younger nation. Jiangsu honestly hoped that Japan wouldn't come. She wasn't as forgiving as her country and had always disliked multiple cities in Japan though their country was a little better.

"Do you guys think we should start without them?" China asked, now slumped onto the table.

user posted image

Slovakia noticed the red tinge going into North Korea's face and felt his own face pale. Not only had he hurt his fellow nation, but he embarrassed him. Biting his lip, he straightened, unsure of what to say. He couldn't force North Korea to accept his help, but he couldn't just let it happen. Usually, he would look for Bratislava for help, but she was on a camping trip with a few of her human friends. Sighing, he shuffled around and finally came up with a solution. It wasn't one he really wanted to go with, but it was the best solution. "Oh, but I still feel bad," he finally said, eyes darting to the ground, "So, um, do you want be to buy you a meal or something?"

"Um... W-Well, I don't really want to burden you, I don't really need you to buy me a meal-"

"Of course he would! It would be a lovely opportunity for some exchange, hm?" Flashing another one of his overly showcased grins, Pyongyang draped an arm around North Korea's narrow shoulders and gave the shorter Korean's arms a light squeeze, nodding up at Slovakia. Without turning away from the European, his eyes slowly slid over to his country to watch his expression from the side, which had gotten more and more bewildered as time crept along. "After all," he added, pinching the boy from behind - a tiny yelp was released in response - "We are from a very understanding place, so while you are in no way obligated to get us anything, we recognize that it would be rude to reject your offers repeatedly. Isn't that right, young comrade?"

"I-I guess-" Wincing at another, more violent pinch to the side of his hip, North Korea nodded and furrowed his brow, awkwardly staring at his boot-clad feet. "S-Sure, you can do whatever you want..."

user posted image

"Oh, th-thank you!" Slovakia said, managing a small smile. He had been terrified that North Korea was going to try to hurt him. Honestly, Slovakia wasn't strong enough to go into something like that. Not only that, but he managed to talk to a nation he hardly knew without panicking. Social interaction wasn't exactly what he was good at. Still, he was proud of himself for talking to someone without being automatically rude or getting choked up because he was so scared. Reaching out his shaking hand, he managed to actually relax his face muscles, "I-I will see you after the meeting. Okay?"

A bit tense, North Korea stared at Slovakia's outstretched hand for a moment before putting out his own to shake. He wasn't exactly the most sociable person in the world, and the thought of going to an actual place with anyone aside from his closer siblings made him uncomfortable to the point of almost frightening him. If he tried backing out now though, Pyongyang would probably just keep pinching him underneath the table, and then he'd have bruises all over his legs in addition to the tiny one near his temple. While he personally only had positive memories of the man, that was all from a very long time ago, and opinions had undoubtedly drastically changed.

"Um, sure! Hopefully it'll be fun. I'll look forward to it."

((I really think we should just start the meeting now because I don't know what to post.))

((I think so, too. But I dunno how to start))

China huffed when they ignored him. Jiangsu smiled. He gave her a look and then decided that they were nbot purposefully ignoring him.

"Do you guys think we should or should not start without them?" he repeated in a slower and louder voice. It was really rude to ignore someone, unless you really didn't notice.

"Oh!" North Korea turned around, looking back at China. He didn't exactly look too pleased, which was natural, considering how he'd been speaking and not a one had answered him. He was so stupid! The last thing he wanted was to give the older country any possible reason to dislike him, or to lessen any aid he sent him. Keeping up with his usual kissing up to his older brother, North Korea raised his free hand into the air.

"I agree with everything China says! We should start the meeting right away! Besides, the others are just being irresponsible for not showing up on time, and we shouldn't have to wait for them or do anything for them for running so tardy."

Maybe having fewer people around would be better anyway. Having everyone around usually just got him seriously uncomfortable and quiet. Compared to people like America or Germany, it wasn't like anyone ever wanted to know what he had to say after all.

Letting go of Slovakia's hand, North Korea went back to stand by his seat next to Pyongyang, picking up some of the papers he'd walked in with and shifting through them before standing a bit straighter to speak.

"Um, I mostly came to tell South Korea and America to back off of doing all their military exercises or I'd bomb South Korea again, but neither of them are here, so... If any of you guys see either of them, I guess tell them that I'm going to really start a war this time if they don't cut it out."

"I also have some things to say!" Cairo piped up, standing up next to his silent country while North Korea took a seat. "Mr. Morsi's taken almost absolute power of the country, and it's causing a whole bunch of havoc. I'm starting to think that we've kicked one dictator out just to make room for the next one. You guys should all still invest in us though! Don't be worried about any of this all happening and just wait for things to cool down, I guess."

Edited by opallapo

((Well, usually we just have someone say what's going on in their home.))

((I just edited my last post to involve beginning the meeting, since nobody else seemed to want to do it.))

Ireland looked up and got a little nervous. "Well nothing much has been happening around my place save for the bad economy, but other then that it's the same." she said. Dublin shook his head in agreement. He wondered what could be taking Ireland's siblings so long to get here. Usually England was here before Ireland was. He sighed gently and took down the notes. He frowned at the thought though. He wondered if the others stopped existing all of a sudden.

user posted image

Czech hurried back to his seat once the meeting started. Usually, he tried to stay quiet at the world meetings because he hated to be rude. Of course, he knew it wouldn't last for long. The countries always argued. He let out a sigh and let the other two finish. It was just more people complaining about their economies. Honestly, he didn't really see what the problem was. When Cairo was done talking, he sat up straight. "We held a marathon in my country a couple weeks ago," he said, his voice taking on a bored tone, "Well, not really a marathon, but more of a camping marathon. It was about enduring the elements while camping. We had a few people win, but the cold caused a lot of problems. That's all I really have to say."

((Man, I am so sorry that I haven't been posting... Real Life has been intervening. And not in good ways. I'm really sorry for my inactivity, guys.))

"We'll, lets see..." China muttered, looking at the papers. Jiangsu gave him a prod as if to tell him to hurry up.

"Ah," China continued, ignoring Jiangsu, "Beijing is absolutely fine but pretending that the floods that hit him throughout the summer are still bothering him and... Lets see... We've just finished holding the Eightteenth National Congress, so we'll be opening up again. You get what I mean," he said, frowning slightly as if he was bothered by the changes made in the Congress, "We are still being continuously bothered by Japan, who hasn't even shown up and is still trying to claim that DiaoYu island is theirs." China frowned for a bit longer before returning to his usual cheery self, "Otherwise, not much. We've been doing fine and the economy is good due to outsourcing."

user posted image

Slovakia nervously got to his feet, not ready to speak. He hated talking in front of crowed, but still he had to do it. They would all think he was weak if he didn't speak. Taking a deep breath, he looked around before speaking. "There was a train hijacking in my capitol," he said, trying to keep his voice at a even level, "That is why she is absent today, to help look for the criminals. Police were called, but the two men left the scene before they were caught. We're looking for two men in their thirties wearing dark coats. If anyone sees them, please, alert the police immediately."

North Korea glanced around after a moment of silence, wondering if everyone was all well and done with their announcements. It was turning out to have been quite a small meeting... But a relatively productive one, nonetheless. There was no-one actually shrieking at another this time at least, and no necessity for Germany to step in; fortunate, considering his absence. He cast a glance toward the Egyptian nation seated beside him, offering a quizzical glance as a means of asking why he wasn't speaking, to which he shrugged and simply replied 'zori' [my throat]. With the shallowest of nods, a little spark flickered across his mind, and the young country stood back up to address his fellow nations.

"Oh! I almost forgot - I'll be having another satellite launch missile test soon, by the end of December, though maybe even by the end of this week. I only want to put a satellite up into space to observe Earth. With that being said, does anyone else want to say something, or is this meeting over?"

"I guess it's over..." China muttered. He wasn't used to such a short meeting and felt uncomfortable with the unusual quietness. He didn't really feel like saying anything else either without the noise and the excitement that was usually present at meetings. He wondered where the others were. Now that it seemed so lacking of excitement, he thought that he'd actually like it if Japan came over.

user posted image

Finland sighed, not really wanting to talk. He saw that the other nations seemed to think the meeting was over, but that was just because no one talked after North Korea. It wasn't that he was shy either, he just hated talking. His accent was too thick for most to understand anyway. Helsinki said it was something about not speaking enough to lose it, but he thought that she was just messing with him. Much to his annoyance, his capitol had decided not to come along. Then, he would be forced into talking about his news. Letting out a long sigh again, Finland stood. "We have decided to not prepare ourselves working on the European Union financial transaction tax," he stated simply, getting a sigh out of a few countries. He really didn't like it either, but he also didn't like giving handouts to the other countries, "Instead we have opted to join Germany and France in the drafting tax." After clearing his throat, Finland quickly plopped back into his chair.

China looked up at Finland talking and looked away again when the other country sat down. There seemed to be a moment of awkward silence and China shifted restlessly in his seat. Then Jiangsu cleared her throat as if waiting for china to speak.

"So... Is that everyone?" He asked, looking up again. This meeting really was boring.

Sweden simply looked on as everyone made their announcements regarding this policy and that tax cut. It was mind-numbingly boring, especially since so little of it actually pertained to Europe, much less Scandinavia. Many countries were in Asia, which was so far away from Sweden that he knew even less about them than Sealand. And few people knew about Sealand's very existence. There was a point where Stockholm was about to rise and make similar announcements about the state of affairs in their homeland, but Sweden just put a hand on his brother's shoulder and made him sit. Nobody was actually paying attention at this point, and even fewer people would care about what was happening in Sweden. He was just staring at some part of the wall and pretending to listen at this point. The sooner the meeting ended, the better.

Honestly, this meeting was so peaceful that it was kind of disappointing. North Korea had really been looking forward to rubbing his new missile test in his brothers' faces, or yelling at America, but it seemed like they really weren't showing up at all. Pyongyang, having seemingly picked up on his country's mellow frustration, put a hand on his shoulder and smiled, pulling a paper out of the pile again while Finland spoke about some sort of tax.

"Chin up! Don't feel so low - remember, we found unicorns! It shouldn't matter whether you see them right now or not."

"I guess..."

With an airy sigh, he let the sentence hang in the air, glancing over towards China on occasion. He was the only one here that he really knew, and he didn't look very pleased with the meeting either. It was boring all around.

"If it's over or not, I'm done here." He mumbled, standing up and gathering his things. It wasn't like anyone really cared what he said after all. Pyongyang adjusted his tie and stood up next to him, picking up his suitcase and placing it on the table so he could put all his papers back into it.

"Remember, you still need to go have a meal with that European country after this meeting." he chided, only encouraging North Korea's already unhappy mood at the reminder. "It might be fun! You might finally make a friend, if you don't blow it like you usually do."

"Oh, stop. It's just a meal and then I leave." Finally gathering all the papers into his arms, he and his capital walked over by the door chatting about local floods and the opening of an aquarium and just generally ignoring the rest of the nations in the room.

((North Korea found a unicorn lair, apparently.))

"Well then, bye," China said, giving a smile and a wave. Jiangsu just nodded a farewell. Unicorns? China thought to himself, Sounds like something England would be interested in, he smiled to himself, I bet it's super cute! Then he began imagining what the unicorn would look like, I bet it's like a QiLin! He giggled to himself, seeming very happy and put his hands together with his elbows on the table while resting his chin on his knuckles and swinging his legs. I should go ask North Korea to show me the unicorn thing... Yep! That's what I'll do! China agreed to himself.

He suddenly stood up, looking a whole lot happier.

"Come on, Jiangsu! I wanna go see that Qi- I mean, unicorn!" he exclaimed, "Bye~!" He gave a wave and gathered up his papers before dumping them into Jiangsu's arms and following North Korea.

"Hey, hold up, North Korea! Take me to see the unicorn thing!" he called after the other Asian country, following him out of the room.

Jiangsu sighed. It was a good thing the papers were light. She gave the other countries a nod before following her country with a disapproving look on her face.

Someone was asking to see his unicorn lair. Sighing, North Korea didn't bother looking back to see who it was, instead getting closer to the front door to wait for Slovakia. Hopefully, the meeting would have changed his mind about this whole grabbing a meal thing. He wasn't really looking forward to spending more time away from home.

"How many times do I have to tell you people that none of you are allowed in my country? If you really want to visit, you can come see Pyongyang, but there's no way you'll ever be seeing any of my uni-"

"Um, North Korea?" Pyongyang interrupted him with a small jab to the ribs and a point over his shoulder, getting him to stop and follow with his eyes back over to China. Right away, his annoyed expression transformed into the one of slight adoration he usually took on around the older country. Oh, it was China that had been talking to him? Nobody was really allowed anywhere but the capital if they weren't from the country... But it was China. He was generally the exception to all his rules - he kind of had to be - and he owed him more than enough for all the money and food anyway.

"Oh! Big brother, I'm so sorry, I hadn't known it was you... Um, yeah, sure! You can see anything you like! Just please, no picture cameras or anything like that. I guess you could just come over whenever you want and I'll show you the cave. I need to see someone else right now though."

Edited by opallapo

user posted image

Slovakia got up as soon as the meeting was done, ready to get back home. Well, he did have to get North Korea dinner first, but after that he could leave. Sighing, he looked at the time on his cellphone. It had barely been two hour, surprisingly. He put his phone away and looked around for North Korea. Seeing the Asian standing by the door, he went over to him and dipped his head slightly. "Are you ready to eat, Mister North Korea?" he asked, managing to keep his voice steady, "You can pick where we go, if you wish."