Fangirl05

Turf War

Draugr hurried to Tulahy when she touched down and glowered after the retreating dragons. Mhera outright growled after them.

"Get back here and fight!" she shrieked at them, preparing to follow, "O'raan! Let's go!"

"No!" Draugr whacked her across the chest with his tail, "Leave them. Don't forget, it's Khalon we want."

Starhunter and Wrath resumed their hunting trip, as if the scuffle had never happened.

Khalon realized Starhunter an Wrath where still hunting. She called Crimson to her and he cam and sat on her shoulder. Khalon climbed to the roof of the inn easily, sitting utop the glorified house of scum bags referred to as an inn. She awaited Starhunter's arrival.

"There she is!" O'raan pointed at an unremarkable roof. The quartet nose-dived toward at the targeted warlord.

Khalon merely stood up and sidesteped the attack, letting O'raan smash his face into the roof. "Hello, did Arikade change his mind?" she asked mockingly, bending down to by eye-level with the dragon. Crimson fluttered off her shoulder regaining balance the re-perched himself.

Tulahy planted her right foot squarely in Khalon's back, pinning her to the roof. "The only thing he's changed his mind about is letting you live" Draugr answered her. He tilted the warlord's head to the side, exposing her carotid artery to his fangs.

Khalon placed her head in her hands and rested her elbows on the ground "Hhhhmmmm, Arikade is a fool after all." was all she said before springing into action. She rolled over, out from Tulahay's grip and kicked her in the eye. Flipping over onto her feet she threw knives at Draugr's eyes. She put her hands on her hips and said "Oooh, I feel so special! Arikade sent four dragons just to kill me? How sweet!" with a sarcastic grin.

"Looks as if they are flying away. Soldiers, resume your original post and get the citizens from the bunker." Thunderbolt ordered, but he and Titus stayed and kept a watchful eye of the clan.

Mhera snatched Khalon up in her jaws and shot skyward. "Let's go!" she yelled over her mouthful. The four dragons were halfway to the desert almost before she'd finished speaking.

Filari could barely see a thing in the darkness besides Ainuri's orange scales. She was entirely reliant on her dragon at this time. To combat boredom, the two had kept up their mental correspondence.

Ainuri, you see anything interesting? Like were-goats? I kind of remembered that on the spur of the moment. But now that I think about it, I do believe they were the true reason behind Uncle Josef's death. The goats merely faked that he died by drowning!

The warlady was sure that her second in command was rolling her eyes, though she could tell in the darkness. The fact she was on the latter's back didn't help her to see it either. No. I don't see any were-goatse. And didn't that unsavory uncle of yours die off the coast? According to you, were-goats live in the alpines. Of course, they would've if they existed.

Eh, I don't actually believe in were-goats anymore. I just wanted to waste time. And I'm starting to have misgivings about this trip. I assumed that we'd catch up to the clan by now. The Magi said the clan would be gone by morn, right? I say if we don't find the clan soon, we attempt a teleport back to base. There's a huge danger in being away from home too long. You are capable of making such an effort, right?

Not without great cost to energy. But hmm, I see something. A Nebula dragon... Oh. Well we're ****ed. Also I see vamps. Four. They're attacking something. Something tiny. A human? Either the human did something to annoy them or these are some really hungry vampires. Surely one human would not have enough blood for 4 vamps...

Okay. We have to stay back and hide. Your orange coloration really stands out in the nighttime. I'd say abscond, but we might be able to get some insight on the weird shenanigans going around lately.

Ainuri prompted Filari to hold on tight, and dove for cover behind some convenient landmark that Filari could not ascertain as to what it was. The dragons had carried on fighting, so they were safe for now. The Magi got ready to use her deadly powers if necessary.

"Heading towards the desert. Far from us. They'd better stay away." "Our spy there can fill us in on what they plan. Camouflage expert, in the desert.". The two walked down and rested yet again.

The camouflaged man, was prone in the desert leaves, hidden.

Two mint spies saw a dragon fly overhead and they ran off. These dragons were getting closer everyday.

Mhera held Khalon in front of a very-much-displeased-looking Arikade. The latter warlord looked past her at Draugr licking one of Tulahy's wounds. O'raan had gone his own way when they'd returned.

"Take her to the catacombs" Arikade told Mhera, then seized the woman's jaw in his hand. "When your clan is dead and your eggs are changed, you will serve to sustain the hatchlings." As the dragon carried the captive warlord out, Arikade turned his attention to Draugr.

"Take however many you want. I want Khalon's clan off the face of the earth by daybreak."

Draugr nodded and, with one last nuzzle to Tulahy, saw himself out.

Edited by Fangirl05

Khalon laughed. "Oh, this is going to be fun!" she said. "You won't find the eggs with them, and if you wanted my help, you should just ask!" Khalon still gave him a sarcastic look. "You are missing a vital peice of information." She said as she was taken to the catacombs.

Arikade showed Mhera to the literal hole in the wall he'd had in mind. He was most unmoved by Khalon's words.

"There's only so much forest, woman" he reminded her. "Whether my dragons find your eggs or they die on their own is no concern of mine. Just as long as your dragons spend their last moments as food for mine."

He took the warlord from Mhera's jaws and threw her hard against the wall. At his command, the floor rose up and sealed her in. As an afterthought, he had Mhera puncture an air hole too far over their heads for her to reach.

Edited by Fangirl05

The mints ran to Titus and Thunderbolt. "Sires, a reddish dragon is heading this way!" they hissed. The two laughed. "In the jungle? It'll be a while to find us, but we'll wait on deck to remove the threat." Titus said patting the mints. The two left as Titus and Thunderbolt went upstairs to watch out for a reddish dragon.

Khalon laughed. Arikade didn't understand her riddles. Although, they would be fairly simple to solve if he quuestioned her further, Arikade was a fool after all. Khalon sat up, she was not the type to sit idily by waiting for help to come. She streached out, then began practicing her battle stances, forms, and moves. She walked through all two-hundred steps of a kata without flaw, and wasted no time beginning again. When Arikade opened the doors, he was not going to find Khalon, the small, little, 19 year-old, naive, girl who spoke in riddles and used her pretty face to get her way. He would find a flashing flurry of a knife to his throat and the dragons around him dead.

Crimson reached Starhunter. "Khalon has been taken by Arikade!" he yelled. Starhunter looked not the slightest bit fazed. "Ah, yes. They will be here soon, Wrath I believe it is time we paid Dangerous Undercurrent a visit. He should have harvested all the sea-blood we will need... Oh, but before we go, Crimson there is a nest of Pygmies around that tree, grab an egg would you?" Starhunter commanded. Crimson nodded and flew silently behind the tree. He reappeared a second later with an egg in his claws. "Very good." Starhunter praised. They took off toward the coast.

"You, Sea Wyrm, go find and track them, tell me what they're up to." Titus ordered one of his best spies. The Sea Wyrm Pygmy nodded and flew trying to find the Reddish Dragon and Nebula.

Dangerous Undercurrent swam through the ocean searching for sea-blood, a toxic plant that would knock any vampire within smelling range unconscious, he had already amassed a large quantity of it and stored it in an underwater cavern. He found another clump of it, he swam down and picked it up. He headed back to the cavern.

Starhunter and the rest landed on the coast, "Someone follows us" Wrath of God observed.

The sea wyrm felt familiar by the coast. He spied quickly darting in the shadows, observing the could be enemy.

Starhunter faced the trees "We know your there, show yourself and we may spare you." he said it in a matter-of-factly way that simply made it sound as if he was stating the weather.

The sea wyrm spy came from the waters. "You are wrong, as I went in the sea when you faced the other way. We know what your up to. You are trying to reveal a lost clan, to destroy and claim riches." it said.

"Now it is you who is wrong. Our leader has been captured by Arikade and his vampires. We came here to gather sea-blood from our clan-mate Dangerous Undercurrent." Starhunter assumed a slightly threatening position, but his tone remained the same

"Your clan should have remain hidden and secret. None of this would have happened. Vampires were never good, but the clan I am from doesn't want to get caught in this silly little war." The sea wyrm said, starting to back into the shadows. "Don't try tailing me, as you'll never find what you seek." it said walking off.