Fangirl05

Turf War

Rakayah felt eyes prying on them as they traversed the forest, light etching the edge of the sky as dawn krept up on them from their position in the world, and MadamBlue descended from flight some miles ahead, landing to safely change into imobility.

FrostSheild eyed the unfamiliar area uncertainly as the clan pressed onward, finding MadamBlue in her 'asleep' state and settling down to make camp.

"Breakfast?" Rakayah offered, sitting down and taking out her supplies from a large leather satchel; BlossomDear and EmeraldLeap nodded, padding over to nibble at the food; the larger dragons declined politely, rathering to hunt their own food.

"Should we annouce a Plea For Truce signal?" Reefninja perposed to FrostSheild; he looked to Rakayah for advice.

Rakayah shrugged, "We're a small company, we don't pose much threat to any other Warlord who might have claimed this land." She reasoned, but then continued, "We should tonight though, when we reach the border between the forest and the alpines, just to be safe."

FrostSheild nodded, "We don't have any need to steal anothers territory." He agreed, shifting; the last actual battle these dragons were in was nearly 5 years ago, in a schirmish with a Valcano Dragon and her immense clan.

They had lost his brother in that battle.

The camp awaited, halting in their quest to get to the mountains to wait for nightfall again; Even in rest, Madamblue felt a tiny twinge of guilt at her hinderence to the clan, but it could'nt be helped.

"Rakayah's clan is carrying at least four eggs with them, sir" Draugr later reports, "But they are well guarded by all four. Five, when the nocturne awakes at night."

Arikade frowns as he weighs the pros and cons. "I can only afford to spare you Mhera for retrieval" he mutters. Mhera is the oldest foundling to have survived the transformation into adulthood, and the one who now guards the new eggs and the young ones. Arikade returns his gaze to Draugr. "How do you judge their strength?"

"They would be formidable," Draugr admits, "But not impossible to overcome."

Arikade nods. "Wait until the moon is high tonight, then go to them and take what you can."

Draugr nods. "Yes, sir."

Edited by Fangirl05

Rakayah set off with half her clan at sunhigh, leaving MadamBlue with ReefNinja in the clearing; it had taken a great deal of yelling, arguing and reasoning to make the descision, but it was more or less an important notion to do.

It was hard for Rakayah and Nimbus to leave their dragons behind, but Reefninja had insisted, saying that she had discussed this the night before. "She feels bad that she cannot continue during the day." Reefninja had said, her frills rippling.

"I'll stay with her until sunset, and lead her to where you shall be going; don't worry, we shall catch up soon."

And with that, the clan devided, leaving their senior soldiers behind.

Rakayah was riding FrostSheilds back as he galloped through the forest, wings tucked in close agains his body; the others followed, hot on his heels in a full sprint as they made their way northward, approaching the foothills of the Alpine Mountains.

It would'nt be long now, and there was a strong sense of intruding as soon as they left the treeline; they were in another clans Kingdom.

The clan skidded to a halt, and FrostSheild let Rakayah slide off of his back; FrostShield parted his jaws, lifting his head to the air, tasting for scent.

"Amacules." He murmured, ears falling back in uncertainty.

BlossomDear settled thier adopted eggs down, and EmeraldLeap slithered up to curl around them; with the three dragons left guarding the eggs during day, they felt very exposed.

"Perhaps we should wait for a patrol or something to come for us?" Rakayah suggested, looking at FrostSheild.

He shrugged, sitting and twining his tail around his paws, "We mean no harm, and we could ask permission for passage." He agreed.

The sun was past its highest point in the sky from thier point of view, and the sun would set in a few more hours on their point in the land.

The chill of the alpines blew its breath softly across the foothills of the Alpines, and the thin air made Rakayah shiver in her cloak; the clouds were scant, and the pale light fed little warmth to the clan as they waited, unsure what to do.

With the Merchant Trade Roads disrupted from the strange occurances, they lost their right to travel with so much dragons, with out being recognized as a Warlord Clan; merchants and traders were expected to have one or two, anymore and you were considered formidably protected.

Rakayah looked at her dragons, walking over to sit by the four new eggs; it was a pity that the clans breeding pair egg had been stolen.

By who, no dragon knew, but Rakayah promised that these four will not be stolen; she let her hands trail to touch the bright, shiny gold one.

"It might be a Magi Dragon." EmeraldLeap said, patting it hapily with a claw.

Rakayah smiled, laying down with the she-dragons, and looking up at the sky, wondering what her half sister could be doing.

a patrol with Nubunium in the lead, were flying above and noticed the other clan. he dropped down along with other dragons and landed in front of the clan.

"Peace or war?" he asked. Amacules clan may have weak borders but the dragons were sturdy and strong fighters, along with the many wyverns. Nubunium sent an order to a sunsong with a flick of his tail while he asked. the sunsong flew to the direction of where Amacules and malifica were.

Amacules was about to fly on Malifica when the sunsong came in, panting.

"Is it Rakaya?" she asked. The sunsong could only nod. Amacules looked at Malifica and Malifica looked back. They both nodded in agrrement. "Lead us," Amacules ordered and the sunsong reluctantly took off again, with Amacules trailing behind.

"Peace," FrostSheild aserted, dipping his head, and Rakayah nodded in agreement, "We only wish to pass through," She added, "We're heading for the far Mountains, beyond your kingdom."

The other dragons nodded, just as the sun began to touch the edge of the vally below; the far sellouettes of Reefninja and Madamblue could be seen in the paling sky.

"We mean no harm to you or your lands." Rakayah swallowed, stepping closer to FrostSheilds side.

'may i ask, why?" Amacules asked from above. she was looking down from atop malifica and landed. nubunium bowed his head.

"they come in peace."

"i see" amacules answered, noticing the nervousness and tension. "i will let you pass if you could tell me why, you dont need to say everything"

With an odd doink sound, Filari appeared in the cave her clan as currently residing in. It was rather big, and provided lots of room for the dragons residing there. In her arms she carried a bundle of wood. True, Ainuri or any of the combat magicians could make a decent magical flame that needed no kindling, but that kind of flame took copious amounts of energy to maintain. She had even tried to do it herself, but the most she could do was a little spark that took more out of her than she expected. Teleporting was the only kind of magic she could do consistently. The little doink noise she made when teleporting could be changed into any other kind of sound, or even completely silenced. With more effort, it could leave only a minuscule trace of magical energy floating around.

When the infamous doink sounded in the cave, all heads turned towards her. Most of the dragons seemed apprehensive. Filari looked like she was merely bringing in firewood, but who knew? She could be planning to make everyone dress like 'high society reindeer' again.

At that moment, Liseru dashed into the cave. His green eyes were wide and he was clearly excited. He barely avoided trampling Filari, who had teleported away onto Ainuri's head. The firewood had been crushed, though.Ignoring the grumbling of the Magi and the incredulous looks, the small black dragon fidgeted as he proclaimed There was a clan moving through our territory! Don't know who-I came as quickly as I could, soon as I saw it!

Filari, holding onto Ainuri's finny crest as best she could, thought this through. She was miffed at the fact she didn't know who it was. Maybe it had something to do with the vampire dragon business she had been mulling over with Ainuri...

Edited by Durppie

"I need to get to the farlands, beyond the mountains." Rakayah explained, relaxing slightly; Nimbus nodded in agreement.

"We need to speak wth relitives there." He confirmed, dipping his head in respect.

The dragons waited, trying not to look any more nervous then they already were; off in the distance, Madamblue and Reefninja were getting marginally closer, and even from the distance, could be seen with a look of curiosity.

Amacules nodded, and observed.

Definitely nervous... must be anxious to get through she thought. Then smiled. Stepping aside she said,

"You may pass." Amacules hopped back onto Malifica.

"You guys seem really anxious to get over," Malifica said.

"And if you need help," Amacules said, she and Malifica exchanged glances, "we got your back." Malifica flapped her wings, and headed back, Nubunium and the sunsong flew after them.

((Send Fangirl05 your character sheet and you can join when you get approved, Orion. smile.gif ))

She could ask Liseru where the clan was headed, but as the Black dragon had apparently forgot to hide and observe before winging his way back to the clan to tell the news again, she wasn't sure if he would have that information. There were also more things she wanted to know. Was the clan making war or going in peace? Were there vampire dragons? She pushed away the last thought. Vampire dragons could only go out in darkness, right? And anyone owning vampire dragons was probably going to be exercising a lot of precaution, perhaps using magic to do so. And Liseru would be much more wound up than this.

I told you already, Filari. I think some ambitious warlord or warlady has gotten some humans or dragons to use magic to conceal their vampire dragons when their out doing things that can't be any good. If they...perhaps...Ainuri hesitated before sending the rest of the thought to the warlady. Maybe those vamps have something on them protecting them from sunlight. My workload's going to be increased now that I told you that, isn't it? The Magi grumbled, imagining the amount of added work she and the magical dragons would get.

Excellent point. If these bloodsuckers can move during day, I don't feel very safe. I'm glad this mental exchange is just between the two of us because if anyone else in the clan heard this, especially the next thing I'm going to say, they'd go nuts at the fact the vampire dragons could drop in on our parties and ruin the perfectly foot-shaped bushes I made last month. I'm getting more worried by the second!

...Was that supposed to be funny? Because that fell flatter than a male dragon's excitement at the end of mating season, if you know what I mean. Anyway, what are you going to do about this clan going into our territory? And don't say invite them to a party.

Hmm. Liseru probably didn't have the information she needed, but it would be foolish to not ask. And the mystery clan was moving to who knew where as she spoke. "Were they headed in a certain direction? Can you pick up their scent? The Black dragon shook his head at the first question, then nodded at the second. I'm a good sniffer. I think I can.

"Alright then. Come with us." Filari climbed down Ainuri's neck and sat on her back. The Black dragon stepped quickly over to Ainuri's side as the Magi got ready to teleport the three. With a flash of light, they were gone.

They landed in a part of the forest quite far from the cave, but still in Filari's borders. Liseru mentally described the appearance and scent of the clan to his companions and they began to look for Rakayah's clan.

FrostSheild watched them go, and Rakayah stood closer to him as the clan pressed onward.

"thank you." FrostSheild said, his eyes following them as Amacules and her dragons had departed; Rakayah nodded, and slid back up on FrostSheilds shoulders.

Madamblue and Reefninja swooped down, and landed, looking around with erect ears, "What was that all about?" Madamblue asked, looking up curiously; ReefNinja came up to FrostSheild and nuzzled his muzzle.

"That was the Warlord Amacules," Rakayah informed them, "They allowed us into their land so we can get to our sister."

They began to start walking, following Blossomdear and EmeraldLeap up into the mountain ridges, "And they said if we need help, they have our back."

Reefninja rumbled in delight, "How generous, and for a formidable clan." She commented; FrostSheild nodded, the night decending as they began their journey through the mountains.

The solid, hard stone was cold beneath the dragons paws as they trecked though the kingdom, traveling slowly with their four egg burdens; with thier serrogate mother dragon only able to carry the eggs, it was agonizingly unproductive, going up steep terrain, then down steep terrain, only to go down it again.

Cold, thin wind buffeted them in the alpines, and flurries of tiny snowflakes spewed up in their muzzles; at one point, BlossomDear gave the four adopted eggs to Rakayah to hold in her lap, to protect from the freeze.

"This is murder." Frostsheild grumbled as he lead the way up the vague path in the cliff face, followed in singal file by the clan, "Must we really visit your sister?" He asked irritably, casting a rueful glance backward at his rider; Rakayah laughed.

Madamblue was walking behind Reefninja, watching her paws, when something at the corner of her eye caught her attention; she looked up to see a speck at the edge of the cloudline, blocking out the smudge of moon behind.

It was long, thin and skeletal.

"I see a vampire sentry!" Madamblue alerted, and the clan paused abruptly, looking in the direction of Madamblues gaze; she angled her ears forward, and Frostsheild bared his teeth.

"Dont let it out of sight," He ordered, "And attack only if it does first."

Amacules hovered a moment from far away, watching the clan move through the territory. She smiled. Knowing a clan has protection warms her even in the harsh weathers in the mountains.

"Well we're not all wyverns and battles," Malifica said.

"Could you please stop that!" Amacules snapped, now having enough of the mind reading. She was now going at the end of her tether, which happens often, so Malifica is used to it, considering she is also like that. Malifica huffed, and continued flying into the direction of the kingdom

"There!" Mhera extended one of her talons toward their target. Draugr narrowed his eyes and dived in front of his companion to cut her off.

"They've seen you!" he warned her, "We need to fall back for now!"

Mhera gnashed her teeth in frustration, but followed the older vampire away from the traveling clan.

It took some hours for Draugr to give the order to move in. In truth, he would have wanted to hang back until Rakayah's clan was convinced they weren't being followed, but time wasn't on his side in this case. He had no idea how close the eggs were to hatching. They had to move now.

The nocturne lay curled in a protective circle on the ground while her clanmates slept. Draugr nodded for Mhera to circle around to draw her attention to the other end of the camp, leaving her open for the eggs to be taken.

At first the strategy seemed to work; The nocturne growled in Mhera's direction and rose to her feet. Draugr leapt at her from behind and tackled her to the ground, throwing caution to the wind. He pinned the snarling, struggling thing down harder and roared at Mhera over his shoulder:

"Take them! Take them all!"

1] Chicbecause

2] Dante Estelle Khalon (Everlasting star warrior)

3] Nebula, Star Hunter

4] (these ones are on y scroll!)Dangerous Undercurrent, The Bolt of Tash, Wrath of God, Scorching Red Crimson

5] Territory: Forest, Jungle

6] Seek and destroy. Extremely aggressive, hard to control, takes pleasure in the kill.

7] Can navigate using the stars, an extremely good hunter/tracker

8] An assassin skilled in knife throwing, martial arts and manipulation

9] Will work for highest bidder....

Thanks!

Khalon sat in the inn with her feet propped up on top of the table. A shady character walked up to her. With a flash of the hand she grabbed a knife as the man drew nearer. just as she was about to throw it her hand was grabbed by someone behind her. "what do you want Gelom?! I already paid you what I owe!" she yelled as she struggled to get out of the grip that his henchmen had on her. "We seem to have a problem Khalon" he said in a horse voice " You thought you could pull a fast one on us didn't you?"

Crimson gazed in the window of the inn then looking at Star hunter asked "should we help her?" Star hunter replied scornfully " No, she can handle herself" Crimson gazed back in the window as Khalon broke free of the henchman's grip. She scored several quick jabs on his joints leaving him paralyzed. grabbed a knife from her belt and pinned Gelom to the floor. "Listen Gelom," she said quietly into his ear "If I ever see your face again I will slice it of and feed it to my pygmy." She walked out of the inn and crimson jumped on her shoulder. "A clan is heading north toward the alpines" He said. "Did you gather anything eles? Hey Star hunter were are the others?" Asked Khalon as she stroked crimson. Star hunter tilted his head toward the forest indicating they were hunting. "Yes they have 4 eggs and are being followed by two vampires" "hhhhhmmmm.... carry a message to Amacules tell her there are vampires following some of her guests ". " How do you know that they are welcome there?" Star hunter interjected. "Amacules Has a large clan and keeps her territory well guarded, I doubt any one could get in there without her knowing. Oh and also ask permission to pass through." she added just as Crimson dissapered into the woods.

The dragon Madamblue spotted had all but vanished after 15 minutes, only to reappear again at the edge of the dragon's visions some time later; the clan trecked through the alpine ridges and lands, occasionally spotting their host clan flying far above them.

Rakayah felt comforted by the sight, while Frostsheild felt a tad suspicious; the rest were mostly concerned for the vampire dragon that seemed to be tagging along with them, disappearing and reappering at regular intervals.

"I think its following us." Blossomdear commented after a while, as the moon began to sink from their point of view.

Madamblue looked up at the sky unhapily, baring her teeth.

"I wish it was night forever." She sighed; Reefninja rested a tail on her shoulder comfortingly.

They traveled onward together for as long as they could, but as dawn crested the sky in the area they were at, they had to stop, as Madamblue imobilized.

Frostsheild slowed the clan, stopping at a rocky flat area, "We'll wait here." He decided, and Rakayah nodded.

The clan settled down, resting, watching as the vampire dragon, a mere speck in the distance, appeared again. (srry for my booboo)

Edited by Nimbus And JadeEyes

The dragon Madamblue spotted had all but vanished after 15 minutes, only to reappear again at the edge of the dragon's visions some time later; the clan trecked through the alpine ridges and lands, occasionally spotting their host clan flying far above them.

Rakayah felt comforted by the sight, while Frostsheild felt a tad suspicious; the rest were mostly concerned for the vampire dragon that seemed to be tagging along with them, disappearing and reappering at regular intervals.

"I think its following us." Blossomdear commented after a while, as the moon began to sink from their point of view.

Madamblue looked up at the sky unhapily, baring her teeth.

"I wish it was night forever." She sighed; Reefninja rested a tail on her shoulder comfortingly.

They traveled onward together for as long as they could, but as dawn crested the sky in the area they were at, they had to stop, as Madamblue imobilized.

Frostsheild slowed the clan, stopping at a rocky flat area, "We'll wait here." He decided, and Rakayah nodded.

The clan settled down, resting, watching as the vampire dragon, a mere speck in the distance, appeared again.

Erm... I kinda already launched an attack on your clan unsure.gif Draugr's got Madameblue pinned and Mhera's moving in on the eggs. They're not being too quiet about it, either.

Edited by Fangirl05

Kaylyn burst out of her tent, the smell in the air was rotton like flesh,"what on earth is a vamp doing in the camp!!!" She demanded an answer.

"trying to steal the tri horned wayven egg" reported Storm lord

"well our forces are stronger than a simpel vampier dragon, he should have been dead when he came within a mile of our terratorry you could'v gone up and killed him!"

"calm master! who cares hes dead now and no one got hurt so why are you freaking out."

"because aparently my dragons cant even keep one vampier out of my borders!!! How do you expect to fight a whole army of them!?!?"

Just then Kegans sun came up to Kaylyn saying"well master i did sound the alarm but they (Storm lord and black lotus) didn't take action."somtimes black lotus wondered if the pygme was ever one his side.

"Just forget it, this never hapened master now please go splash some cold water on that hot head of yours. you said we need to be moveing by sun set."

haveing 4 eggs made traveling at night dangerous

Edited by elpdraws

BTW khalon and her clan are nomadic they don't have any territory they just move atound other poeples going whever the work is

Erm... I kinda already launched an attack on your clan unsure.gif Draugr's got Madameblue pinned and Mhera's moving in on the eggs. They're not being too quiet about it, either.

(Gah, sorry, I was posting at midnight, let me get rid of that and respond to you properly. xd.png I was sleepy, plus it was my birthday yesterday. Sorries, fangirl, my mistake. smile.gif )

"There!" Mhera extended one of her talons toward their target. Draugr narrowed his eyes and dived in front of his companion to cut her off.

"They've seen you!" he warned her, "We need to fall back for now!"

Mhera gnashed her teeth in frustration, but followed the older vampire away from the traveling clan.

It took some hours for Draugr to give the order to move in. In truth, he would have wanted to hang back until Rakayah's clan was convinced they weren't being followed, but time wasn't on his side in this case. He had no idea how close the eggs were to hatching. They had to move now.

The nocturne lay curled in a protective circle on the ground while her clanmates slept. Draugr nodded for Mhera to circle around to draw her attention to the other end of the camp, leaving her open for the eggs to be taken.

At first the strategy seemed to work; The nocturne growled in Mhera's direction and rose to her feet. Draugr leapt at her from behind and tackled her to the ground, throwing caution to the wind. He pinned the snarling, struggling thing down harder and roared at Mhera over his shoulder:

"Take them! Take them all!"

Madamblue snarled in the dragon's face, and Emeraldleap scrambled up onto Frostsheild's back, in Rakayahs lap as the two clan leaders recovered from the shock, "Protect the eggs at all cost!" Reefninja bellowed, ducking to avoid attack from the opponents.

Frostsheild nodded, avoiding the assailants while Rakayah and Emeraldleap kept the eggs steady; meanwhile, Blossomdear bared her teeth at the stranger dragons, lashing out in warning with her claws.

One notable thing about the clans reaction, was that they were obviously not battle trained, and Madamblue and Reefninja were the prominent deffendents in the schirmish; as Frostsheild tucked his wings over Rakayah and EmeraldLeap, protecting them as he tried to make his way out to escape, thier Ochredragon dragon egg slipped from their grasp, and neither dragon in the clan seemed to notice.

A magi Dragon Egg, a Waterhorse Dragon Egg, an Ochredrake egg and a Sunstone dragon egg could be confirmed to be in their possession, aside from the dropped ochredrake egg.

Frostsheild huffed in frustration, standing his ground and lowering his head in an attack stance, ready for retaliation, "Blossomdear, go get help!" He ordered over the fiasco.

Blossomdear scrabbled out of the fray, flapping up and attempting to flee the attackers, heading to where they had last spotted Amacules.

(viola, fixed! Sorries for the derp i did. xd.png Have fun with the ochredrake egg. :>)