Fangirl05

Turf War

Starhunter landed with grace unimaginable for a creature of his size. Khalon slipped off his back with a single, fluid motion and followed Arikade as if it was all one action. Her every movement flowed into the next one like she was water. Starhunter on the other hand, did not pride himself on his grace. He strode behind Khalon like a dragon. Large. Powerful. With a superior look about him.

((Amacules is a she, not a he))

While malifica flew towards the other territory, she noticed alsia heading towards the castle, and decided to follow her. The magi dragon watched as the ice dragon came to the door, and knocked. This time, malifica aproached her.

"may I ask what you're doing here" she asked. Her scales glowed a brighter orange in the night, but she could see the beginning of sunrise over the horizon.

(sorry, my mistake) Alsia turned to the magi dragon and smiled. "I come bringing an invitation to Amacules and anyone else who is interested, it's for a christmas celebration. You could come as well if you like. May I take the letter to Amacules herself?"

Arikade seated himself in his usual alcove and produced a bottle of wine and two goblets. He offered the first to Khalon and finished most of his own in one swallow. It didn't do as much to numb his headache as he'd hoped.

Edited by Fangirl05

The two experts were clever, making sure to tip toe only on grass and not leaves or sticks. The soon lost track of where the two warlords went and decided to run back to the clan.

Malifica nodded, and opened the door to the castle. Her eyes glowed as she used psychic powers instead of her own claws to open it. She stepped aside to let alsia in first.

"Amacules should be in the garden by now, I will lead you to it" the dragon offered.

Khalon accepted the goblet. She twirled the glass in a circular motion, not really having an appetite for wine, rum or ale was more to her tastes. She took a small sip, ensuring it hadn't been poisoned. She had grown accustomed to people poisoning her drinks over the years, and had also learned how to taste them and had a small imunity to the more common types. She quickly downed the rest. She, never one to be at a loss for words, found the need for something to be said.

Arikade watched the other warlord swirl her wine in apparent distaste. The sight made him feel slighted, and he narrowed his eyes.

"All right" he huffed as he refilled his glass, "I've brought you here, and against my better judgement I haven't poisoned your wine. Now what do you want?"

"Straight to the point, I see. All you people always so serious!" She said masking her slight annoyance for their seriousness with sarcasm. "Why does anyone do anything? Bored!" She said to answer his question. "And may I point out, I invited you to dinner, and asked you where you wanted to go. You chose to lead me here!" she said with her fox-grin.

"So want something to kill time" Arikade deadpanned as he refilled his glass, "So, more importantly, what's in it for me?"

"Alas! Time lives wether I want it to or not!" she laughed. "Think of it this way, before you had a small company of vampire dragons, with more eggs then you could handle. Now, your army has doubled if not tripled, and you have 10 different theif clans at your disposal and information about anyone or anything at your fingertips. Well 9, one of them got killed off by Titus." She stated simply. The light bouncing of the walls made her look even more like the animal she resembled.

Edited by chicbecause

Alsia nodded and walked into the castle and waited for Malifica to guide her. Back at Orion's castle Orion was just finishing up the last letter and handed it to a whiptail dragon for delivery. Then Emeraldan walked in. "Orion, we have all the decorations and materials for the Christmas celebration ready, what should we do?" "Take a while to relax, all of you completed assignments so fast theres nothing to work on, and it's the holidays, try to unwind Emeraldan." Emeraldan smiled, he was certainly ready to relax. "Thank you, and for the record I don't know how in the world you keep up with a couple thousand names and how you never get lost in this gigantic castle, I once spent the whole day just trying to find one of the kitchens." Orion laughed at the last part, he knew how it felt, there was a time when it took him 3 ways to find the front entrance of the castle in his early years. "It's not as easy as it looks, if I don't pay attention I can still get lost, I should think about posting maps throughout the castle. I know everyone's names well because I've known them for years, but at first it was hectic." Orion remembered the feeling of being lost in his own castle often, it was supposed to be simple to navigate but was simply huge. Emeraldan thought of something they could both do to unwind. "You know, Talana and Tempest both think they are faster than either of us, want to test that?" Orion chuckled and followed Emeraldan. "Sure." They walked out of Orion's chamber and onto a large balcony with Tempest and Talana waiting. They seemed to have known what Emeraldan was gonna say so they got into position ready to take off and they all lined up. "Ready...Set...Go!!!" They all flew away in their dragon forms with a whoosh of wind and speed. At first Emeraldan blew right past all of them but couldn't maintain such a speed for long and Tempest took the lead, his huge wings pushing him onward with impressive power. The race continued with all of them battling for the lead and Orion had been holding his energy in reserve. As the finish line they set approached Orion darted forward, so fast it surprised the others a scared Emeraldan a little. Orion finished only a few seconds ahead of the others and when they land they slid for several meters, their claws digging deep into the snow. They all stood panting for a few moments and silently acknowledged Orion as the fastest. "Best two out of three?" Emeraldan asked them. "No thanks, I'm not the fastest but I'm still stronger, anyway I'm gonna look for the last christmas tree, I put it somewhere for a moment and lost track of it, bye." Tempest told them. "Good luck." Orion told Tempest as he flew back to the castle. "What about you Talana?" "I would but I'm starving, haven't really eaten anything today." Almost on cue both Orion and Emeraldan's stomachs growled. "Sounds like neither of you has either, let's all go hunting." "Sounds good." Orion said and all three of them took off to find an elk or something that would fill them up.

If she was trying to be funny, Arikade didn't see how. "Allow a gaggle of cutthroats who won't answer any more to me than they will to you into my home?" he raised his eyebrow, "Cute."

"You think I'm cute? How sweet." she said leaning against a wall. "I never told you to let them in your home. In fact, I have no clue as to what put such a fooolish notion into your head." she remarked.

"Forgive me for not thinking the best of you" he said flatly, "You did, after all, send X-amount of these thugs to their deaths."

"Did I catch sarcasm in your voice?" She said with a fox-like smile. "Bravo, Arikade" she said with mock applause. "Let me worry about controling the drunks. You just need to know what you want done with them." she explained.

"Yes, leave you to decide what you want done with them" he muttered, "I assume you plan to kill me in the bloodiest way you can?"

"Now why would I want to do that? Apart from the fact that you took me against my will and locked me up in a dirt cage for two hours." Khalon said. "The fact that surprised me is you actually kept me there for two hours." She added.

"I'm too old to list all reasons for suspecting you" the man deadpanned, "Besides, you know yourself just how far your reputation precedes you." He dropped his head against the back of his crevice-throne. "The way I see it, there's no way we can currently work together without expecting the other to shove a knife into our back."

Edited by Fangirl05

"Well, I won't stab you in the back, if you don't stab me." she said with a smile. "And if my reputation precedes me as much as you say, then you know I don't lie" she added.

Malifica walked in to her familiar building. Which was nothing much. The stone walls had banners hanging on them, with a blue carpet under their claws. Malifica lead alsia through the corridor to a big door, that when malifica opened it, lead to a huge room. At the End of the room, was a throne. Sitting in it was Amacules. Malifica bowed.

"the neighboring territory has an invitation to give to you" she said. Amacules nodded

"You don't lie" he repeated disbelievingly, "And I suppose next you're going to tell me that it does matter to you who has to die in order for you to get what you want?"

"No, I'm not. Because it doesn't." She said inspecting her nails again. Was that a chip? Oh, great. "Do you, by any chance, happen to have a nail file lying around here?" she asked him.

"No I do not." Arikade sighed. "You don't seem capable of being serious, so I'll be as blunt as possible here: I have no use for an ally whose loyalty I can't guarantee, and I know I can't turn my back on you for two seconds."

"If you turn around for two seconds, I will still be right here, I will not have caused you or any of your little minions any harm" She said rolling her eyes. ".... Although I might be making faces at you." She added.