Fangirl05

Turf War

Arikade narrowed his eyes at her. Maybe she was too dangerous to be left alive, but he'd been having an infuriatingly hard time just keeping her in one place, let alone slipping a knife between her ribs. But she knew where he was holed up now; she couldn't just be let back out onto the streets.

He set his goblet down hard. "If you want an alliance, then neither you nor any of your dragons will go anywhere without at least one of my vampires present" he left no room for discussion.

"Not a chance" Arikade answered with a completely straight face. "I'm assigning O'raan to you." He nodded once in Khalon's direction. The dragon in question sat at his side and smiled icily at the warlord and dragon.

"As long as he can keep his mouth shut and fly straight we shouldn't have a problem." Khalon said. She glared at O'raan. "I trust you'll be able to keep up now, correct?" she said addressing O'raan, with more than a little doubt in her voice.

O'raan narrowed his eyes and growled in offense.

"I'm afraid I don't have a spare room available" Arikade went on, "You're more than welcome to your alcove, however."

Khalon smiled at O'raan when he didn't speak. "Not going to answer? Thats fine. Better to be a silent fool then to open your mouth and banish all doubt." She turned back to Arikade. "I am perfectly able to find a place to sleep on my own, thank you very much." She said with a mock bow.

O'raan jumped in front of her with another snarl.

"You are not leaving this cave" Arikade said pointedly, "Not with that nebula of yours and absolutely not without me. Besides," he rubbed O'raan's nose, "I really don't trust our dragons alone. Someone will inevitably be torn to bits."

Starhunter laughed and spoke for the first time. "Ha! He would already been dead a thousand times over had I not been battling three others!" He said with a mocking gaze at O'raan.

Khalon didn't turn to face Starhunter as she adressed him "Starhunter, no need to add insult to injury. Contain the urge to kill him, please." She said as if asking him wether he would, not telling him not to.

"Don't flatter yourself" O'raan growled at him and narrowed his eyes. They were definitely not going to get along.

"I suppose you two can sleep amongst the eggs" Arikade mused, "I hope you don't mind the smell of rotting meat. The hatchlings need to eat."

"I do not find rotting meat a pleasant smell." Khalon commented "I will simply not sleep. I hope you don't mind me taking a tour of your caves." She said before turning and walking out of the room.

Starhunter laughed in ernest now. "I am glad I didn't kill you now. You will provide me with the most amusing entertainment!" he said. Turning to Arikade he said with a more respectful tone "I, on the other hand, do not mind the smell at all. Thank you for your hospitality."

O'raan followed wordlessly after Khalon. Maybe he could dump guard duty on one of the younger vamps tonight. Arikade's order to keep track of this little pest came first.

Tulahy followed Starhunter with the occasional nod to indicate a particular direction. The hatchling were no happier to see the nebula than the adults had been. A few of them tried to snap at his ankles, but they backed off, still bristling, after getting one of her looks.

The vampire led her reluctant ally to a crevice mounted in the wall where the eggs were stored. She waited for him to settle in, then sprawled out between him and the exit. This was probably going to be a long night.

Starhunter bent down, his chin touching the ground as to be eye-level with the hatchlings. "Well, aren't you the sweetest, and bite-sized." he threatened with a low growl. He followed her to the crevice and sat-rather regally- down. He looked content, and powerful, sitting there. He wasn't the silent type so he tried to make conversation with his blood-sucking companion. "Tulahy, is it?" he asked.

Khalon stopped here and there to peek through doors she found interesting. Occasionally entering and snooping around. She was looking as if she was doing nothing in patcular, and as if she found nothing interesting. But if O'raan knew all the information she was gathering, it would frighten him.

Tulahy just blinked at him and laid her head on her front talons. She flexed them until they curled into the ground, however. Just in case she had to launch herself at the nebula to protect the eggs.

O'raan wasn't any more pleased with his charge than his clanmate. Bored expression or no, he didn't like the way Khalon kept snooping through as many rooms as she was. It didn't look like cause to be too concerned, but his gut told him to maybe follow her a few steps closer. He opted to do as it said.

"Ah, I see. Your the silent type. That's fine, I'm more than capable to do the talking for both of us, if you wish." Starhunter suggested, with a half amused, half mocking tone one might use when speaking to a child.

Khalon turned and faced O'raan. "Please, I have a bubble. Your inside it. I don't let dragons I don't know stalk me and be inside my bubble. So either take a couple steps back, or stop following me." She said slowly, like he wouldn't understand if she spoke faster or in a normal tone.

Tulahy blinked once at him, annoyed. She pulled herself to her feet after a few seconds and rolled the eggs over toward the mouth of the cave, curling defensively around them. She did nudge one of them over to the nebula however, specifically one that was starting to warm as it decayed.

O'raan narrowed his eyes at Khalon and growled in the back of his throat at her. With little fanfare, he bit down on the back of her collar and lifted her off the ground.

Starhunter laughed at her defensive movements. "Oh, this is entertaining!" He chuckled. His star-like eyes glowed with amusement.

"You will put me down, or your eye is going to become acquainted with my knife." Khalon demanded, in a calm, even tone.

The ridges over Tulahy's left eye flexed in confusion. Was it just her, or was Khalon's clan crawling with weirdos? She laid her head down on her right hind leg, flexed her right wing over the eggs she hadn't offered as rotten food, and closed her eyes with a sigh, intent on letting her unwelcome companion talk himself into sleep.

Unimpressed by the strange warlord's threat, O'raan turned to the right and smacked her lower body against the wall, intending to knock her knife out of its sheath.

G'Lant sighed. The blizzard was too powerful to make it through. Thunder's Sound roared a command, and the other flying dragons swooped down into the nearby valley and landed. People began untying themselves from the dragons they were riding. Geralze, swiftly tailing the flying dragons, also went down into the valley.

All dragons with the ability to breathe fire snorted amd tried their best to produce flame. The falling snow made it near-impossible to keep a steady stream, however, and the dragons gave up.

Instead, the clan's dragons spread their wings over the humans and provided an artificial shelter. The body heat of the dragons was enough to keep the humans warm.

"The blizzard shouldn't last long," G'Lant said. "We can wait it out."

"Where is Bringer of Plentiful Harvests?" Asked a man named Ke'erov.

G'Lant froze. He had forgotten about her. She was nowhere near as fast as Getalze, and would probably be miles behind. Worse, it was winter, when Harvest dragons were particularly fat. Guardian in the Sky realized the danger and quickly took off.

The mood of the refugees plummeted.

Edited by greatguy

Draugr saw himself into Arikade's chambers. The man looked bored when he looked up from whatever parchment he was reading.

"Scout report" the dragon droned, "There seems to be a clan traveling in the mountains, detained by a blizzard. They carry at least three eggs with them."

That got Arikade's attention. "How far?"

"A day's flight, on or about?"

"Take a few others with you. Bring back what you can."

"Yes, sir."

Khalon grabbed O'raan's tooth, and twisted it around in his jaw, loosening if not ripping it out. She brought her foot to kick his eye. She drew one of many knives out from were she had strapped them to her legs and held it behind her head, letting the sharp tip graze the underside of the dragons chin.

O'raan roared at the pain in his jaw and flung Khalon to the other end of the hall, snarling at her as he checked the damage. He opted to twist his tooth the rest of the way out. The short rest of the way.

He pounced Khalon before his discarded tooth hit the floor, intent on avenging his wounded vanity.

The clan was in an emotional pit. The chances of the Harvest dragon's survival was very low. On top of that, Geralze hadn't made it to the camp yet, and didn't have much protection against the cold.

Suddenly a shadow appeared over the group. It was Guardian in the Sky, circling and trying to find a place to land.

"Bringer...tiful Harvests...fine... her telepathy was weakened by the distance.

She found a cave to rest in, and Geralze is taking care of her, she said, landing on a snowdrift.

"Geralze is with her then. Good." G'Lant sighed in relief. "We'll go to them after the blizzard lets up."

a patrol of wyverns have been patrolling the mountains at a higher altitude, and the part where there was a terrible snowstorm. their powerful wings beat against the blizzard, and the lead wyvern , adulfi, breathed her hot fire to melt anything that got int he way. as she breathed another jet of flame, the light shone on G'lant's clan. the keen eye of a tsunami wyvern calls to adulfi, and orders a landing to the clan

Khalon hit the floor, crashing against the wall. "****!" She cried in pain. She managed to stand just as O'raan lurched at her. Jumping back to avoid the attack, she drew her swords.

"Hey, don't say I didn't warn you!" She said with a laugh.

O'raan roared a challenge and would have jumped at her again if Draugr hadn't appeared.

"I hate to interrupt," he raised one of his eye ridges, "but I need you, O'raan. There's a clan lost in the mountains carrying eggs we have to get." He glanced at Khalon. "Take her with you."

O'raan snatched Khalon off the ground and followed after his clanmate.