Fuzzbucket

Add breeding info to action log

i didnt say it shows NOW. i was expanding on what i had said before.

The comment stated they did not know what time stamps ARE. If you read the comment i was responding to it would have made sense.

My previous statements have said it should show an abandoned message immediately after the breeding if its autod.

Hence that statement: "So if you bred something and it auto abandoned it would shows the "bred x and y" message, immeditely followed by "abandoned egg" 2 seconds later in the time stamp "

context is a lovely thing.

i didnt say it shows NOW. i was expanding on what i had said before.

The comment stated they did not know what time stamps ARE. If you read the comment i was responding to it would have made sense.

My previous statements have said it should show an abandoned message immediately after the breeding if its autod.

Hence that statement: "So if you bred something and it auto abandoned it would shows the "bred x and y" message, immeditely followed by "abandoned egg" 2 seconds later in the time stamp "

context is a lovely thing.

I love you to bits wub.gif - but you did say

"Hence that statement: "So if you bred something and it auto abandoned it would shows the "bred x and y" message, immeditely followed by "abandoned egg" 2 seconds later in the time stamp "

which suggested to me that you thought it already showed that... (I think it was your typo did it: "shows" (bolded) - I thought you meant it DID show - see what I mean ?)

Never mind. At least we agree ! We NEED this ! and my screenshots do at least show the issue !

Edited by fuzzbucket

hahaha leave my typos alone smile.gif

I have no problem with a message showing up to show something was autoabandoned. I did not originally think it needed to be a "new" message. Abandoned egg or hatchy is enough, from the time stamps it would be obvious enough.

But.. since people prefer captain obvious type messages:

Egg was auto-abandoned <~~~ clear and straight to the point.

hahaha leave my typos alone smile.gif

I have no problem with a message showing up to show something was autoabandoned. I did not originally think it needed to be a "new" message. Abandoned egg or hatchy is enough, from the time stamps it would be obvious enough.

But.. since people prefer captain obvious type messages:

Egg was auto-abandoned <~~~ clear and straight to the point.

I think that IS what is needed, given the number of threads saying someone had to have stolen it - those people will say someone ELSE did it - see what I mean ? If it is totally unarguable that the egg auto'd - end of.

And have a free tpyo ! xd.png

I know a while ago, it was mentioned somewhere (I forget where at the moment) that people were hoping the action log could show the results of a breeding. (Bred x dragon to x dragon, giving no interest; bred x dragon to x dragon, refusing each other; bred x dragon to x dragon, producing an egg.) I think autoabandon would fit right in there, if that could happen. (Bred x dragon to x dragon, producing an auto-abandoned egg.)

Otherwise, I think it's better to specify auto-abandon rather than just rely on the timestamp. We get people in help who swear no one has access to their account, but still don't understand that their egg had to have been auto-abandoned. D:

The "Action Log" is, imo, misleading. It doesn't show every "action" that you take. It doesn't show when you pick up an egg, even though it *does* show when you abandon an egg.

I think I've figured it out, though. It only shows "irreversible" actions. It shows all BSA actions, and breeding, and abandoning, and freezing. All things that are irreversible. But then why doesn't it say that? I don't know if this bothers anyone else, maybe it doesn't, but to me something named "Action Log" implies that it shows all actions on your scroll. Which it doesn't. Renaming it "Irreversible Action Log" or something would be more accurate.

Also, it *does* show breeding. Mine shows "Bred Fuffashoo with Glogolynos. Nov 29, 2012, 03:18 pm" However, it *doesn't* mention that they actually produced an egg. I have literally a line of 15 "bred" actions shown, and that is the only pair that actually produced an egg. Why doesn't it make note of that? How hard could it be to just add "produced egg" to that bred message?

Though it's not a very necessary change, it would be nice to see more actions shown. I agree, because actually just today I was trying to find a Tsunami offspring that I bred because I wanted to make sure I influenced it. (Veeery important) I didn't remember the parents well (I have so many CB Tsunamis, it could have been any of them) and all I needed to know was that this egg was influenced. I didn't have any more able pinks, so no, I couldn't just go to 'influence' and see if it had already been. >:

I had sooo many action log messages, and I looked over the image of the pink where it claims the influencing was done. Would it be easier to show the image of the influenced egg instead of the dragon that did the influencing? Or do people not mind it the current way? I suppose it could be helped just by paying more attention, but it's still misleading imo, ahaaa.

I had a suggestion about modifying the action log, it was from a while ago.

The action log shows only the last 100 "events". When I breed all of my tinsels, then go to check the action log, there's nothing but tinsel breedings, because I have over 100 tinsels. And not a single one of them produced an egg.

So, the action log needs to show a lot more events.

C4.

I think the "action log" only shows actions that are performed from the "action" page of one of your dragons. Abandoning, breeding, naming, freezing, killing, and all the BSA actions are on that page. Picking up an egg from the AP is not. That is the logic behind what is listed on there now.

I agree that it would be nice if it showed more things, like when you pick up an egg and whether your breedings were successful, but as it is things move off the list too quickly already. With those added, we would certainly need an extension to show more than 100 actions!

I'd prefer to be able to choose what actions are and aren't shown. I can live without "named wufflyfuffly..." (which, BTW, is not irreversible, so...) I would like to see when I picked up an egg in there, though. And whether or not a breeding was successful.

I can recall there being a suggestion about choosing which actions to record somewhere round..

The problem I would see is that Irreversible Action Log is quite long winded, and people who don't speak good english might have trouble.

I'd like the 'produced egg' thing to happen - would be really helpful biggrin.gif

I'd also like to be able to change the action log into my timezone...

I can recall there being a suggestion about choosing which actions to record somewhere round..

The problem I would see is that Irreversible Action Log is quite long winded, and people who don't speak good english might have trouble.

I'd like the 'produced egg' thing to happen - would be really helpful biggrin.gif

I'd also like to be able to change the action log into my timezone...

It ISN'T just irreversible actions though. Naming is not irreversible. Nor is hiding - and that shows up there - one night when I was hiding all over the place, the log got FULL of it....

Changing to your timezone doesn't work - there was a detailed post somewhere explaining why not. Partly to do with the fact that whatever you do, you do it by cave time, whether you like it or not. And all those times need to be standardised. You can't have one person breeding on GMT and then changing their log time and confusing everyone including themselves. Someone also explained how it could be used to cheat - but my eyes glazed over... xd.png

Edited by fuzzbucket

Yeah, I would like to be able to choose what showed up in there. I personally really don't care to know if I hid, named or abandoned anything. I really just want breeding and BSA logs.

Yeah, I would like to be able to choose what showed up in there. I personally really don't care to know if I hid, named or abandoned anything. I really just want breeding and BSA logs.

I think abandoned is useful. Sometimes when you know you didn't - it tells you you are an idiot... xd.png

Adding my 2cents.. I agree that the Action Log needs changing.

Personally, I'd like to choose what shows up in the Log. Like offer us a checklist with all the possible actions, then let us choose which ones the Log shows.

I have no need of a record for naming, abandoning, freezing or hiding.

I do need breeding.. but it also needs to show the results of said breeding.. no egg, no interest, refusal or eggs.

I do need Influencing.. but it should show the egg that has been Influenced, not the pink that did the action. Incubate is also needed, but again, it should show the egg that was Incubated, and not the red that did the action.

Biting is necessary and shows the proper info, the most important of which is the time, in case you killed the egg. Other than those, I've nothing further.

I do need Influencing.. but it should show the egg that has been Influenced, not the pink that did the action. Incubate is also needed, but again, it should show the egg that was Incubated, and not the red that did the action.

Biting is necessary and shows the proper info, the most important of which is the time, in case you killed the egg. Other than those, I've nothing further.

I will say that I think showing which one did the influencing/incubating is needed as well as which egg and what gender. I know that I have A LOT of reds, and they rarely are synchronized with their incubating, so it helps me know which ones I have and have not used already.

I'd rather have just one or the other, and the egg makes more sense. I can see which BSA dragons are still available from the drop down filter on the main scroll.

It ISN'T just irreversible actions though. Naming is not irreversible. Nor is hiding - and that shows up there - one night when I was hiding all over the place, the log got FULL of it....

I didn't know that. So my "only irreversible" conclusion is wrong. Which means the Action Log is even *more* confusing then I originally thought.

I would *love* a list, a way to customize what is shown on our Action Logs. I freeze hatchies constantly and don't really care if that's noted in my log, but I definitely would like it to note when I pick up an egg, and if a breeding gives an egg.

With stuff like Incubating and Influencing, I think both information would be helpful. It's helpful to see what dragon you've currently used to Incubate, but it would also be *very* helpful to see which egg was Incubated.

Adding my 2cents.. I agree that the Action Log needs changing.

Personally, I'd like to choose what shows up in the Log. Like offer us a checklist with all the possible actions, then let us choose which ones the Log shows.

I have no need of a record for naming, abandoning, freezing or hiding.

I do need breeding.. but it also needs to show the results of said breeding.. no egg, no interest, refusal or eggs.

I also specified the idea about the influencing images in my first post, so it's good to know that someone else has the same issue with that. xd.png Sometimes you can totally overlook the message you're looking for if you see an image of an adult dragon instead of the egg you need. Also, not everyone memorizes the code of the egg, so seeing the message specify the code doesn't help much either. It would be good for the images to be changed with the influencing.

I do think it could show the eggs that were made after breeding, as well. Mainly for after the dragon is grown and it needs to be found/easily traced to its parents instead of searching through 123456789 of the same species to find the parent that has had the child.

It shows the code of the egg that was influenced/incubated; isn't that enough:

Influenced (code removed) to be female with Lucrezia Nuova. Dec 02, 2012, 05:47 pm

Incubated (code removed) with Crimson Scarlette of Tara. Dec 02, 2012, 05:46 pm

(I had to take the codes out as they is still growing biggrin.gif)

It's a matter of making sense. You used the action on a particular egg, so you should be able to see the egg that was acted upon. Knowing which dragon actually did the action is irrelavent, since once the action is done the action dragon is out of the equation.

So the answer to your question is no, it is not enough.

It's a matter of making sense. You used the action on a particular egg, so you should be able to see the egg that was acted upon. Knowing which dragon actually did the action is irrelavent, since once the action is done the action dragon is out of the equation.

So the answer to your question is no, it is not enough.

But the egg code (with link) is right there....

Doesn't matter if you can't remember which code goes with what egg.

I currently have 3 stripe eggs on my scroll (they're a gift so they might disappear without warning). 1 green, 1 red and 1 white.. and the codes don't show on the scroll. Without hovering I have no clue what the code is and if it's not an easy code to remember, by the time I find the proper entry in the Action Log, I may have already forgotten the egg code. It's a whole lot easier to look for a green stripe egg, than to try and remember the code.

So even tho the egg code and link are right there, I'd much rather have an egg IMAGE with a link. Because the image of the Pink or Red that did the action is totally useless in figuring out which egg I'm trying to locate.

How about keeping the name "Action Log", but giving it a header that says something like "You performed the following permanent actions:" above the list?

(Naming IS permanent in that, once named, you can't go back to "unnamed"! Likewise, breeding/influencing/etc. -- once bred, you can't "undo" that in a way where the cooldown period is removed as though the action was never done.)

I would DEFINITELY like to see a division in breeding records, between "Bred X and Y" and "Bred X and Y to produce Z"!!

How about keeping the name "Action Log", but giving it a header that says something like "You performed the following permanent actions:" above the list?

(Naming IS permanent in that, once named, you can't go back to "unnamed"!  Likewise, breeding/influencing/etc. -- once bred, you can't "undo" that in a way where the cooldown period is removed as though the action was never done.) 

I would DEFINITELY like to see a division in breeding records, between "Bred X and Y" and "Bred X and Y to produce Z"!!

Yes you can. Just go to rename and delete the name - it says "Are you sure you want to unname this dragon ?" and you say yes and bingo.

I would like the choice of what actions we "save"- though I think maybe abandon should be in by default - because of the number of people who SWEAR they didn't - and when sent to look at their log, have to admit that OOPS...! Saves TJ checking in disputed cases.

Edited by fuzzbucket