Add breeding info to action log

Currently my Actions list goes like this:

Bred Viharos Szerencse with Csipobol Tempest. Aug 14, 2015, 04:17 am

Bred Harmadrez Korongos with Harmadrez Sarkany. Aug 14, 2015, 04:09 am

Bred Tengernyi Szerencse with Hokristaly Lars. Aug 14, 2015, 04:08 am

Bred Masodik Szerencse with Rezust Barlang. Aug 07, 2015, 01:48 pm

It would be nice and more useful if it were like

Viharos Szerencse and Csipobol Tempest laid [4uQG5]

You tried to breed Harmadrez Korongos with Harmadrez Sarkany but they refused.

You tried to breed Tengernyi Szerencse with Hokristaly Lars but they refused.

Masodik Szerencse bred with Rezust Barlang but she laid no egg.

It would be easier to keep track of things, which is the point of the Actions page smile.gif

Original post:

As the header says, could the fact that a bred egg auto'd be added to the info in the log ?

There are sometimes (often...) sad posts in help saying "I bred an egg and someone stole it". In the most recent such thread, it does look as though the bred egg was over the limit and auto'd. As that happened to me the other day mad.gif I looked at my own log to see if it was possible to tell from the info there - and sure enough, the egg shows as bred - but NOT that it auto'd.

People who are SURE someone stole an egg, or that there must have been a glitch, could find it very useful if their log actually showed that the egg auto'd... End of paranoia, and a considerable saving on threads - maybe...

Just a thought.

Also, it *does* show breeding. Mine shows "Bred Fuffashoo with Glogolynos. Nov 29, 2012, 03:18 pm" However, it *doesn't* mention that they actually produced an egg. I have literally a line of 15 "bred" actions shown, and that is the only pair that actually produced an egg. Why doesn't it make note of that? How hard could it be to just add "produced egg" to that bred message?
Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

Yes! This would be very helpful. As soon as I saw the title I thought "this would be useful for a lot of questions in the help forum too", but now I see that's exactly what you were getting at. tongue.gif

I think it'd be a very good idea to include this, so that people know what happened to their eggs. Even though there's a message that comes up telling you it's been abandoned, 1) a newer player might not really understand what happened and 2) sometimes I accidentally double click the breed action and get the message "this dragon has bred recently" instead of the egg page. So it'd be handy in those situations, too.

But yeah, I agree that this would be primarily helpful for newer players so they know what's happened to their bred eggs. smile.gif

As well as older players. +1 support!

(The action log is already very handy but this would make it nifty.)

This has my support as well. Technically since the egg auto abandoned as part of the breeding, I feel it should count as something that should show up in the action log.

I support the idea, but I never have the issue myself cause I'm really careful with breeding.

Support. Never had this happen, but it's a good idea anyway.

I support the idea, but I never have the issue myself cause I'm really careful with breeding.

So am I. But we all have brainfarts... unsure.gif

What I did THIS time was breed one as a gift and put it in a teleport and then somewhere in the darkest recesses of my brain, it felt like it had therefore gone already so I bred another for another gift, sort of - and whoops....

It has a good home though biggrin.gif I looked!

+1 support. I don't really use the action log, but I could see this being useful for other players.

I support this I'm sure many people have been egg locked and then the egg wasn't there and they were like where's my egg? And when they checked the action log nothing happened

Support!

Would also love it if the result of the breeding was added to the line of the breeding... Ie, refused, no interest, no egg, egg and code.

Cheers!

C4.

Support,

The log could say it all in one line : " bred x with y and produced z which was autoabandoned"

Support, but I would like a separate message rather than the same. *pokes xareu's one*

[Or we could have the original "bred" message + "z was auto-abandoned". With some more elaboration tongue.gif]

there doesnt need to be an "autoabandoned" message.. the "Abandoned an egg or hatchling." message is enough. Im sure it could be written to trigger that line for autoabandons.

there doesnt need to be an "autoabandoned" message.. the "Abandoned an egg or hatchling." message is enough. Im sure it could be written to trigger that line for autoabandons.

I think some people would still be confused by that. "What!? I didn't abandon my egg! Why is it gone?!"

I think some people would still be confused by that. "What!? I didn't abandon my egg! Why is it gone?!"

timestamps would make it rather obvious. they would happen a second or two apart.

timestamps would make it rather obvious. they would happen a second or two apart.

Still, some people are stupid.

I support this.

For the sake of easiness and the help board mods, I'd say it'd be a good idea to have a message for Autoabandons that clarifies what happened. In a moment of panic I could see even experienced users going ':o I didn't abandon my egg!' and I think it's better to just head off all of those questions from the getgo.

|D. I have no idea what a timestamp is, so I'm one of those 'stupid' people.

But again, I think this would be great, just as a clarification.

|D. I have no idea what a timestamp is, so I'm one of those 'stupid' people.

But again, I think this would be great, just as a clarification.

the action logs say what time you didt stuff at... thats a time stamp. So if you bred something and it auto abandoned it would shows the "bred x and y" message, immeditely followed by "abandoned egg" 2 seconds later in the time stamp

the action logs say what time you didt stuff at... thats a time stamp. So if you bred something and it auto abandoned it would shows the "bred x and y" message, immeditely followed by "abandoned egg" 2 seconds later in the time stamp

No - it doesn't - that was what I checked with my own. Bred - and that was IT. I guess because it wasn't an ACTION I did myself.

I can't do a screenshot as it is too long ago now - it showed when I looked before. As soon as I am locked, I will do it again and show you.

ETA brilliant thought. I locked myself and then did the thing. (I had to try twice as the first pair declined !)

Here is what shows - the auto is NOT in my log.

user posted image

It also doesn't show the dorsal I picked up to lock myself with smile.gif Which is a shame as that would be VERY useful when you forget whether you are getting a day or night glory... biggrin.gif

ETA and just to make doubly sure for you all - I've now deliberately abandoned the dorsal - and as you see - no sign of the auto.

user posted image

Believe it or not - this was why I suggested this - because it doesn't show in the log, and there are loads of posts in help asking who stole my egg - and mostly it's clear that the egg auto'd. If that was shown in the action log....

Edited by fuzzbucket

Believe it or not - this was why I suggested this - because it doesn't show in the log, and there are loads of posts in help asking who stole my egg - and mostly it's clear that the egg auto'd. If that was shown in the action log....

This is a great idea--I see those posts all of the time, and this would definitely cut down on the confusion.

(Totally off-topic, but I wish there was a way to cut down on the 'my dragon's names have disappeared!!!' posts, too. I wish people would read the FAQs. xd.png.)

This is a great idea--I see those posts all of the time, and this would definitely cut down on the confusion.

(Totally off-topic, but I wish there was a way to cut down on the 'my dragon's names have disappeared!!!' posts, too. I wish people would read the FAQs. xd.png.)

*sigh*

I posted a suggestion ages ago that when that happens there should be a note put on the affected scroll - but TJ was only prepared to go as far as emailing a warning.... If he actually set that up - well, clearly it isn't working xd.png There was another just today.

Sorry - OT but the kind of issue is the same - something to tell people stuff so they don't post in help for no real reason xd.png

Edited by fuzzbucket