Add breeding info to action log

Currently my Actions list goes like this:

Bred Viharos Szerencse with Csipobol Tempest. Aug 14, 2015, 04:17 am

Bred Harmadrez Korongos with Harmadrez Sarkany. Aug 14, 2015, 04:09 am

Bred Tengernyi Szerencse with Hokristaly Lars. Aug 14, 2015, 04:08 am

Bred Masodik Szerencse with Rezust Barlang. Aug 07, 2015, 01:48 pm

It would be nice and more useful if it were like

Viharos Szerencse and Csipobol Tempest laid [4uQG5]

You tried to breed Harmadrez Korongos with Harmadrez Sarkany but they refused.

You tried to breed Tengernyi Szerencse with Hokristaly Lars but they refused.

Masodik Szerencse bred with Rezust Barlang but she laid no egg.

It would be easier to keep track of things, which is the point of the Actions page smile.gif

Awww I didn't know the idea already came up..... and was, as it seems, dropped?

Awww I didn't know the idea already came up..... and was, as it seems, dropped?

I know. I really thought - when I started this thread - that it would be so easy for TJ to do, but...

And we also need

Scarlette of Tara and Bianco Viggo laid Gn2jy, which was abandoned. (That shows it was autoed rather than having been a separate action, I think ? Or you could add "for lack of space" or something.)

Edited by fuzzbucket

How about Scarlette of Tara and Bianco Viggo laid Gn2jy, which was abandoned due to scroll limits? Seems clear and concise.

I don't think I have posted in this thread before, but it makes a great deal of sense to me to add the results of each breeding attempt instead of just saying that the two dragons bred. It would be much more useful for a lot of people. I keep a log of all my breedings, so it wouldn't make much difference for me. It is nice to know when I try a pair again whether they made an egg the last time or not. I am more likely to use fertility if I know they are reluctant breeders. Right now the action log is simply no use for that (even if it was changed to show results) because the actions get pushed off long before the couple has cooled down for another breeding attempt.

i support all of this.

i'd also like a better way to avoid inbreeding, if possible. i have so many dragons...i'd be nice to have a breeding lock? or something...

"Dragon X and Dragon P are related within 1/2/3 generations: continue breeding attempt?"

something like that

That would be annoying to the many people who create inbred checkers, and make them feel like the game is admonishing them for doing so.

I'd like this change to the breeding logs. It would be infinitely helpful.

(Yes, and I'd like to be able to choose what shows up there. I don't need to see what gets abandoned, since I know what I abandon and why I do so. Auto-abandons, on the other hand, belong with breeding IMHO. I also don't need to see what got influenced or incubated any more, since both is shown when you try to use the action on something yet again. That's good enough for double checking.)

I admit i am lazy and did not read all the posts above but i read the opening post.

This is a very good idea. So when we can see the result of the breedings i am very happy.

An action log like this would be perfect:

Bred xxxxx with yyyyy they produced xyxyx but you decided to not stress yourself with too many eggs so you abandon the egg. (Maybe a native speaker could shorten this text.)

Bred xxxxx with yyyyy they produced xyxyx.

Bred xxxxx with yyyyy they refused each other.

Bred xxxxx with yyyyy but she didn't laid an egg.

You try to breed xxxxx with yyyyy but they were not in the mood this week.

And of course all the codes are links to our critters.

And it would be great when we can combine this suggestion with "Choose what shows up in action log": http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=143094