RWyvern

The Strength Lies Within

((NAO))

Alshain stepped back a bit, then trotted up to the top of the roof, slipping on a tile. He turned around and charged down as fast as he could, jumping off the gutter and spreading his small wings. Ungracefully, he collided with the tree and fell out of the branches, landing with a small thud. He lay there for a moment, then coughed once and stood up. 'Is everyone here?'

Edited by rampaging wyvern

((Oops. Inactivity=Fail.))

Taldaer recieved Ashain's metal message and began running along the roof. It's eyes were locked on target, watching the tree carefully. It could see the shapes of two other dragons, and the neglected managing to glide to the roof. Taldaer looked around, taking in surroundings, before taking a running leap across the wooden boards Tyran had originally gone across. It landed on the other side, wobbling slightly as it continued on, leaping across three more rooves before finding itself under the tree. Taldaer sat, head tilted slightly, and waited for something else to happen.

Tyran poked his head out of the rustling leaves just in time to step out of the way as Alshain banged into the tree and spilled out of it. He tried not to snort in amusement as withdrew his head into the leaves. Another hatchling crowded into the space he had made and then another. Soon, the tree was beginning to feel like an oven. The closer they were, the more likely that somebody would see a tail poking out or a wing tip or a foot. Alshain better make this quick, Tyran thought nervously.

whiteny was hiding in the darkest branches there was on the tree to prevent her from being seen. at least those neglecteds are green and can hide she thought making herself more comfortable. whiteny looked out of the branches time to time to see another dragon come to the tree. whats the hole point of being here? to think of a plan? she wondered again.

Tyran waited as the last few came and squished into the branches. He shifted uncomfortably and almost fell off his branch as his foot lost its grip while shifting and shot off, almost hitting a blue hatchling on the head. He scolded himself and then settled down to study the hatchlings. Many were like him, olive green, thin limbed, wobbly-legged, and sickly eyed. But those that weren't looked perfectly strong and healthy and definately seemed more than able to overpower a neglected like him. He envied them, with their shiny scales and skin and strong muscles that moved like liquid under their skin.

Alshain looked around as dragons gathered under the tree. Feeling as though they were all here, he hopped onto a low branch. 'As you all probably know, we can't stay here forever.' He looked upwards into the branches. 'A few of us will climb this tree - just a few, we don't need to attract any more attention - and see if we can spot the forest where most of us probably came. The plains will be beyond there.' He examined the hatchlings again. 'Who is up for climbing the tree?' he questioned the hatchlings.

whiteny looked up to the top of the tree and started to think about it. she looked around then decided. "i would like to volunteer to climb this tree," she said. as long as she was hidden in the tree's branches she would be safe, or so she thought.

Taldaer tilted it's head, examining the tree carefully. I'll have a go...? It volunteered, standing on slightly unsteady feet. Taldaer waited expectantly, seeing if any other dragons were going to decide to scale the tree, before returning it's attention to the tree. It had quite a few branches, each of which was evenly spaced with a crown of green at the tips.

I will go! Tyran said. He stood up so fast he almost fell off, saving himself before anyone could notice. He clambered onto a thick branch and followed it to the trunk. The trunk had many branches snaking out and up into slightly daunting paths. He went up to the trunk, got a grip on the bark, and slowly began to make his way to the nearest branch above him.

((Um, just been rather busy like usual *making up random cliched excuse* and I kinda forgot about this/shot))

Alshain nodded. 'Okay, you three go up to the top of the tree. Keep low, as you'll be prone to danger up there. I'll stay down here - too many of us will attract unwanted attention.' He jumped off the branch he was on and onto the roof. 'Go now!'

((Yeah, I've just been waiting for RW to post xd.png Sadly I don't have time at the moment, I'll post something in a while... *Points at signature*))

((Yep after a week y'all forget this was here so I come and show you xd.png "hey don't you remember this? Letz go do it!" xd.png))

Tyran scrabbled up the rough bark. He found a sturdy looking but thinnish branch and climbed onto it. Then he inched across, pausing every now and then to listen. Then he would move forward. By the time he was near what he thought was the end, he could barely hear the others murmuring amongst themselves. But he raised his head above the thinning leaves and saw to his disappointment that this branch pointed towards the rest of the city. He turned and scampered back to the trunk and found a branch pointing the opposite way. It pointed towards dwindling numbers of houses with more and more land between them as they spread out. Black, white, and brown objects moved slowly across the land and he assumed they must be other animals. He turned his head right and saw smoke-stacks. He turned it right and saw the houses also dwindled off in this direction. In the distance he saw a great green smudge. He pinpointed its location using the setting sun as a guide and then began to descend.

((tongue.gif))

'Did you see anything?' Alshain asked as Tyran descended. 'Or is it getting a bit too dark to see clearly?' He swatted at a mosquito as it tried to land on his foreleg. 'If it's too dark to move on, we'll spend the night here.'

"I think we should stay here during the night," Tyran said. "The forest was far the the southwest area and I think it stretches north too. The sun is setting fast and traffic on the streets is supposed to get worse isn't it? And won't the humans expect us to travel by night instead of by day?"

He scooted under a bunch of leaves and pulled a bunch down to make a small nest. Others began to claw together leaf nests as well. The big furry pillow hatchling was nowhere to be seen. It was too bad since Tyran had been hoping to attempt to find shed fur lying around to help keep the chill out of his nest. He looked around and saw that night was falling fast.

Taldaer itself scampered up the tree, just before Tyran had come down. It dug it's claws into the bark, climbing vertically carefully, but fast so it didn't fall. Becoming tired quickly, Taldaer rested among the top branches, watching the horizon carefully. Seeing the forest, Taldaer guessed this was what Tyran had seen, so saw no reason to climb down the tree unless there was some sort of danger.

whiteny scampered up the tree from the reply of alaishan. she tried to hide herself within the green branches at the same time. she peered out and could see what tyran saw. a big forest somewhat east of where they were. she also enjoyed the scenery when night started to fall. can this really be that beautiful? she thought relaxing among the branches

'Okay everyone, we're going to stay the night here. Whatever you do, don't stray far from the tree.' Alshain yawned and hopped up a few branches, coming to rest on one just below Whitney. Looking hard, he could just see a large patch of dark green past the lights. Shortly before it he could see a parallel streak of lights, with lots of smaller ones whizzing up and down. We'll see what that is when we get there. Alshain told himself, curling up on the branch. He lifted his head again when he heard a distant throbbing sound. He quickly got up and looked behind him, just in time to see a large object covered in lights come over the treetops. It was equipped with something like a rotor, which seemed to be making the throbbing noise. By now the noise ad become very loud, to the point Alshain could feel the branches vibrating. A large beam of light swept over the tree and he cringed. As the beam moved away Alshain saw it was coming from the object, which was now hovering a little distance away. Then it moved on, soon becoming yet another dot of light in the horizon.

'Alright everyone, stay calm.' Alshain commanded as he heard panicked sounds from below. 'I don't think it saw us.'

((Just for those who may not get this - that was a search helicopter, maybe or maybe not belonging to the scientists.))

whiteny heard alaishan's command below her. she looked down the horizon to see a large car with a spinning stick over it. if it had seen anyone it would have been me she thought, trying to hide deeper into the branches. soon she relaxed again and went into slightly deeper sleep.

The rumbling had surprised Tyran and he could barely keep himself from squeaking. He had craned his neck up to see a huge metal bird that he knew humans flew about in since they lacked wings themselves. He now crouched, shivering in his pile of dry leaves. A breeze sprung up and stroked along his bare back and made him feel colder. He started to wish that some of the sturdier healthy normal hatchlings would sleep closer to the neglected sickly ones. There was almost an invisible wall between many of the hatchlings. He sighed, a puff of warm breath puffing out of his mouth. So far, it had been hard work, getting everybody here as safely as possible and away from danger. It had been hard but it would be worth it as long as they didn't get caught. Thinking slowly, Tyran let himself slip off into the world of dreams.

Alshain looked down at the hatchlings on the roof and saw a few that had already fallen asleep. He yawned, showing an array of small weak teeth. 'I think we should all get some rest. Nobody stray out from under the tree, okay?' He curled up on the branch, staring off into the distance.

((We can do a time skip if you're all ready. If you have other plans, let me know :3))

((Yep, next morning, maybe woken up in the early hours by something?))