Iza111

Cats or Dogs?

Dogs for me. I tried the whole cat thing and was left with the stench of ammonia many, many, many, many long years after I got rid of them. They're a great pet, but I don't care what kind of cat litter exists, they can't mask that odor no matter what. (Same exact thing with rabbits.) I can always tell when someone's got a cat. --- Unless it's trained to go in the toilet, that is. I've actually seen that, but how can you guarantee your cat will do that?

At my age, I just can't take anything that makes noise (birds), or stinks (cats and rabbits.... and any inbred dog with a skin or weepy eye problem). Dogs are easier for me than for some because I have a dog door built into the back door. Potty training is the only problem with dogs for me. Ugh!

Edited by LadyFoxfire

Pwaaah I love both!

I love big dogs, though I think some smaller dogs like Dachshunds are cute, too! I really want to have a big ol' Newfie someday. I've always wanted an Irish Setter, or a German Shepherd...or a Doberman or Rottweiler. idk I like all of them! My grandma has had a few different German Shorthair Pointers over the years. I love them a lot. My aunt, back when she lived with us, had wolf-husky/malamute hybrids. They were huuuuuge.

I absolutely adore cats though! I get along with cats really well. My mom and I have a loooooot of cats. We've had a bunch over the years, including the strays we take care of. I don't think I want to actually have any more than two when I live on my own, though. >.> As much as I love cats, I do not like cleaning up after them.

I say doggies <3 Pups are just cuter than mittens in my opinion, and dogs are more handsome xd.png Still, I hate crazy big dogs as much as I hate typical cats. My friend have a very impulsive black lab who drooled on my hair and trampled all over a special gift we were making for our friend D: I have a small Maltese dog who is the cutest dog in the world in my eyes <3 I actually like cats, besides ones that want to be alone and will scratch and bite you if you touch them sad.gif Only difference between cats and dogs for me- when I see a cute kitten pic: Awwww, it's so adorable!!!! When I see cute puppy pic: *Starts drooling* Must... Get... Those... CUTIES!!!! xd.png

They are completely different species so it's not really a "better" thing for me. Dogs I think are just, well, mans best friend, and nothing really compares in general. Cats are fun and cute though, and affectionate enough, but I'm not going to expect a cat to be a dog. Personally I wouldn't adopt one as I keep birds and hope to have some sort of parrot rescue sanctuary thing one day.

I grew up with labradors, and have one myself now. I love big, intelligent dogs who just connect with you and become your best friend. Plus they keep you warm in winter ^.^

Moved out last month into a bigger house. My old roommate (and lifelong friend) lives next door. I got a pit bull last week and he is the sweetest dog ever! His name is Donald and he will do anything to be with me for some cuddles!

I prefer dogs because you can teach them to do things. But when you try to teach a cat to do things you will get bitten and scratched.

And dogs are more loyal and cute :3

I actually prefer cats. I have two indoor dogs and four outdoor cats (of course, that doesn't stop me from sneaking them inside). Cats usually just sit on your lap and sleep nicely, but dogs bark and their claws hurt when they step on you (cat claws don't really hurt if they're not trying to hurt you). Sure, cats don't really care about you or listen to what you say, but they're (usually) quiet. The exception to this is one of my cats, who enjoys running around and headbutting people. I still love my dogs, though.

I was a cat person, grew up with them and always had at least one until I had a housemate with EIGHT. Yes, there was land around and most of them did their business outside, but one was a sprayer, first time I ever had one around that did that. He often sprayed in the kitchen, and the owner just laughed about, even though he ruined several of my things. I just get angry now when I smell cat pee. dry.gif

I live now on a ranch with dogs and cats, none of them mine, and none come in my place. The dogs are wonderful, a sweet bunch of characters, with a wonderful, conscientious owner. The cats are mostly pretty skittish, most of them semi-feral barn cats, although one neighbor's cat is very friendly and allows petting to satisfy any kitty cravings I may have. I do have a beardie, chickens and a horse, so adding to the menagerie is not necessary. <3

The future? I may get a dog at some point, my first. I may have a cat again, but I won't tolerate a sprayer. And it will not have an indoor box, but a cat door, allowing it to go outside whenever necessary. We never had any problems with that method at home, with any of the cats my grandparents or my parents had. wink.gif

Funny thing too, all the people talking about cats biting or scratching. We never had that problem with our cats, but we always treated them gently, no roughhousing, and even the irresponsible spray owner's cats were otherwise well-behaved. My grandmother's cat was amazing, so patient and kind with all the curious grandchildren. quite a hunter, but he NEVER scratched a child. <3

The childhood neighbor who did play rough with their kitten ended up with a cat so vicious they had to put him down, as he attacked with full out claws anyone who tried petting him. He was a dangerous combination, like a very friendly buzzsaw. blink.gif

I imagine it probably wasn't neutered, which gives it very little reason to NOT be spraying.

I imagine it probably wasn't neutered, which gives it very little reason to NOT be spraying.

Unfortunately, it was neutered, (as were all the cats I've ever lived with) and there wasn't any health issue causing it to spray. I know it is sometimes a sign that a cat is ill, and with a neutered cat that starts spraying, a vet check is always critical. It can be a sign of a bladder or kidney infection, such as cystitis. However, sometimes the neutering process does not affect a cat's ability to spray, and he was just one of these failures.

Even the ferals have been neutered, since the local shelter has a program that allows people to trap and bring in ferals to be spayed/neutered for free, then they are re-released in the same location. Good barn cats are critical, since they help keep the rodent populations in check.

I'm a cat and dog person. We have 3 cats and one dog. I like each for different reasons. I'm thinking of getting a Caucasian Shepherd for home defense.

user posted image

You wouldn't come in my door seeing that coming at you, would you? lol

Edited by MedievalMystic

I'm a cat and dog person.  We have 3 cats and one dog.  I like each for different reasons.  I'm thinking of getting a Caucasian Shepherd for home defense.

user posted image

You wouldn't come in my door seeing that coming at you, would you?  lol

Reminds me of a bear.

I wish I had a pet bear.

Sadly I doubt I can manage ownership of one.

As for Dogs or Cats, I'm definitely a dog person.

Cats remind me of little kids.

They eat, they crap, they get all over everything, they sleep all day and whenever they do feel like doing something, they decide to annoy you with loud noises and plights for attention in the most inopportune times.

And I have a usually well concealed seething hatred for little kids, reasons obvious.

Edited by Psyduсk

I love both cats and dogs, but I think I'm more of a cat person. Most of the cats I owned where always sweet.

Random cat stories my mom told be about her cat.

My mom was in a marriage with an alcoholic, possibly an abuser? Anyway before she met my dad and the two would fight ect. My mom had a cat who would hiss and growl at my mom's husband at the time because that cat hated him. Sometimes that man would make her cry and my mom's cat would go over and lick the tears off her cheek, and eventually they divorced. This cat liked water and like to play fetch, yes like a dog. My mom said she'd throw a soda can top, or something, and the cat would grab it before bringing it back for her to do it again. Although this cat would get mad when it saw it's gifts (dead animals) being thrown away in front of her, so the cat got mad at her and pooped in her shoe.

Another cat story of a cat I had, though I was like 4 years old, so I basically heard this from my mom.

Cat that would follow you wherever you went, for example there was a park near our home and the cat would follow us there and back. One day this old man started taking walks and for a reason I can't remember had cat food in his pocket. So the cat would follow him back to his house and come back. Apparently the old man was on his last leg and the only reason he got up and walked around was because of the cat. So one day my mom decided to give the cat to him because he was old and wouldn't have him for long. He passed away with the cat on his lap, who died soon after.

I honestly love both. I grew up with a lot of cats and some dogs, too smile.gif

Right now I have 2 cats and a dog. And even trained one of my cats to walk on a leash, lol.

But I think I like dogs just a little bit more xd.png

I grew up with dogs and just got a puppy recently. I've been around cats and they are cute too. I guess I like dogs a little more. biggrin.gif

Do I really need to answer that? Is my name, avatar, and signature not clear enough? I'm a cat person.

More of a dog person myself. Cats are nice enough animals, but there's too many around my neighbourhood, and having to constantly chase them out of the garden does get annoying at times.

CATS. I like an animal that answers to no one and doesn't go insanely hyper every time you walk in the door.