Iza111

Cats or Dogs?

Reptiles more than either. :V

I prefer cats to dogs, though. Dogs either instantly hate me or instantly like me too much, and either way they get in my face. And in the case of the former I have the constant fear that they're going to bite me or otherwise attack me at some way. At least with cats if they bite you they won't generally mess you up and leave a huge gash. In the case of the latter... dog tongue does not mix well with being a huge germaphobe. :L

Edited by Pika_Oi

I've always liked cats over dogs. They get along with me better, so I don't understand people who get scared of them. My dream house always has three cats in it :P

I love both, but I have to go with cats, just because, in my experience, they're much less of a headache to take care of. I suppose little dogs would also be easier, seeing as I have a big dog and he's a handful. xd.png

Cats. They're so manipulative and arrogant and adorable and cuddly (when they're in the mood). I like dogs, too, though. But not noisy ones, big or small.

Dog by FAR. I'm not into cats at all. I just don't like them. I'm sure that some are okay, but the ones I've grown up around have been antisocial and horrible and just... bad. tongue.gif

But I love dogs. I've got two lovely little puppies (there are pictures in the pets thread ~edit: dogs thread~ if you're interested) and I love them to death. wub.gif

Edited by StormWizard212

Both. I've had both all my life.

^ this. I wouldn't choose one over the other (although for practical reasons I didn't own a dog while I was living in a flat. We got a dog as soon as we moved to a proper House).

I prefer both of them over people too.

I prefer cats if I had to choose, though I wouldn't want any kind of pet. I dislike dogs, with maybe one exception. My brother has a phobia of dogs, too, so having a dog at home is a big no.

Edited by Orlageddon

Dogs. More variety, more useful, and more easily motivated. Plus dog pee > cat pee. I live with 3 cats and one of them destroyed my brother-in-laws entire wardrobe. For some reason the one cat likes to pee on all of his belongings. No matter how much he washes his clothes they still smell like cat piss.

Edited by Syaoransbear

I adore both dogs and cats, but if forced to pick between the two I'd go with dogs any day.

Well, I'd go with dogs that I like any day. I'd take cats over, say, Chihuahuas or any other yappy toy breed that wasn't bred for any other purpose than to be a companion dog. Some toy breeds I like, but most just annoy me.

Terriers are my favorite dog breeds. I'd love to have an Airedale Terrier one day.

i love cats because its easier to train them to act like a dog without the constant hyperactivity

I love them both, equally. I guess I've just had fantastic luck when it come to both species laugh.gif

Right now, we have the two dogs and three cats, and I couldn't imagine not having any of them.

Both?

user posted image

Dogs tend to be more loving (or at least their love is easier to interpret ~ cat love is like, here is a dead mouse for you) but cats tend to be more calm and easier to please.

Depending on the disposition of the dog I'd prefer a dog over a cat though.

Dogs tend to be more loving (or at least their love is easier to interpret ~ cat love is like, here is a dead mouse for you) but cats tend to be more calm and easier to please.

My cats are great for displaying love. Head bumps, kneading on my lap, and purring like there's no tomorrow, lol. Some days, they're even bigger sucks than my big lap-dog Doberman laugh.gif And I can definitely tell that our black cat adores my BF. The second he's home, Sin starts calling for him, and the minute that my BF sits, Sin is curled up in his lap.

Our Siamese X loves to curl around my neck and lick my ear. Crazy kitten! Our other cat, Ali, is more of a dog-cat tongue.gif He loves to hang out with the dogs more then he loves being with us, but go to the washroom or bedroom, and he is right there looking for pats.

Our dogs? The ACD is more of a lay-at-your-feet-being-loyal kind of dog, while the Doberman is the big suck and resident lap dog.

Edited by CDM

When you get home from work/school.

Cat: Oh, it's you. FEED ME!

Dog: Hi! Pet me! Play with me! Yaaaay!

When you get home from work/school.

Cat: Oh, it's you. FEED ME!

Dog: Hi! Pet me! Play with me! Yaaaay!

...My cat curls up in my lap and starts purring when I get home from school and start messing around on my laptop. :L