Iza111

Cats or Dogs?

Definitely cats, I have two cats of my own, a 12 year old tuxedo named Pouncer and a one year old black cat (will be two on Halloween) named Sebastian. I like dogs too, but not at much as cats since cat's don't slobber or bark really loudly at nothing. Although if I was offered a pet fox I would take it in a second.

Why are there so many people who prefer one or the other? Personally I just...kind of like all animals...

I'm getting a dog next month, but mostly because my parents don't like cats as much.

Why are there so many people who prefer one or the other? Personally I just...kind of like all animals...

I'm getting a dog next month, but mostly because my parents don't like cats as much.

I'm a both person! I've grown up with both cats and dogs, and each has a special place in my heart. Our home wouldn't be home without either of our animals in it.

Sometimes experiences can make the difference.

I used to like cats and dogs pretty equally... until the time I got attacked by a dog. I was collecting the weekly money on my paper route, and this one customer left the inside door open when he went to get the cash for me. Suddenly his dog came charging through the house, lunged up and popped the screen door open, and jumped on me, pinning me against the porch railing. The dog went for my face, but I got my arm up so I ended up with his jaws around my wrist instead, and thankfully it was winter and I had a nice thick parka on which prevented a potentially serious injury. The customer came out and managed to get the dog off me and back inside.

I was okay aside from the scare, but it definitely colored my perception of dogs after that. Yes, I know that the owner needs to teach the dog to behave properly and all that, and that most dogs belonging to decent owners won't attack randomly like that one did. But there's still a little bit of a gut reaction in favor of cats all the same, simply because a cat has never attacked me at random and a dog has.

I've personally had more less-than-positive reactions with dogs than I have with cats. For that reason I'm more of a cat person, but I suppose I always have been...cats don't slobber/drool nor do they feel the need to obsessively jump on me every time they see me. Also they have soft warm fur <3

It's not that I don't like all animals, and I do like dogs. But for me a dog has to be calm, well trained, and moreover large...small dogs tend to be yappy anklebiters that I dislike.

...both? laugh.gif

However I'm more of a "picky" dog person. I love big, fluffy plush toys that just want you to play and cuddle with them; like this samoyed example.

user posted image

Small dogs are... small, noisy and often silly looking. I like cats too for their soft fur but I don't like their "personalities".

In short: tons of fluff > everything else

...both? laugh.gif

However I'm more of a "picky" dog person. I love big, fluffy plush toys that just want you to play and cuddle with them; like this samoyed example.

user posted image

Small dogs are... small, noisy and often silly looking. I like cats too for their soft fur but I don't like their "personalities".

OMG what a big fluffy puppy *w* Look at him being all big and cuddly

For me, I love both cats and dogs, but I prefer cats because they don't slobber and drool and I think cat's have softer fur and don't smell as bad.

Yes I agree completely. (For a pet at least, plenty of arthropods and fish are really cool!!)

I just don't really like the fact that the whole cats vs. dogs thing is such a huge deal? I mean I even got it as a persuasive essay topic once, geez. Some people prefer certain animals over others, okay, who even cares.

Yes I agree completely. (For a pet at least, plenty of arthropods and fish are really cool!!)

I just don't really like the fact that the whole cats vs. dogs thing is such a huge deal? I mean I even got it as a persuasive essay topic once, geez. Some people prefer certain animals over others, okay, who even cares.

I think it changes when it gets to the point where people are saying/insisting one is far superior than the other, and insulting the opposing side.

I like both. Cats are easier but if I had to choose just one I'd go dog. They're just so happy and lovey!

I hate this question, why is it always cats vs. dogs? Me personality, I love them both, sure they have their ups and downs but both are wonderful and loyal companions <3

I like them both, but if I had to choose, I would pick cats...

cats for sure

I have a dog (collie) and all she does is bark and bite me. I had a kitty but she got hit by a car last month. cats don't need to be taken out at 4 am in blizzards either ;P

cats for sure

I have a dog (collie) and all she does is bark and bite me. I had a kitty but she got hit by a car last month. cats don't need to be taken out at 4 am in blizzards either ;P

Your dog wouldn't do any of those things if you trained it, although collies are known to be barkers so I don't know why you'd get one if you minded barking.

Your dog wouldn't do any of those things if you trained it, although collies are known to be barkers so I don't know why you'd get one if you minded barking.

don't patronize me.

I didn't have any say in getting her. she's my mom's. I get bit when I try and discipline her so I rather just keep out of the way. she's a lot stronger than me

Edited by torka

don't patronize me.

I didn't have any say in getting her. she's my mom's. I get bit when I try and discipline her so I rather just keep out of the way. she's a lot stronger than me

Well, what do you do as discipline? What do you do after the dog bites you? Keeping out of the way is just letting the dog get away with biting you.