Iza111

Cats or Dogs?

Dog person. To many bad experiences with cats, though I've know a few nice ones (heck one acted like a dog xd.png) but I've known way more mean cats then nice ones while with dogs, I've never known any mean dogs only ones that love to be around people.

I've always liked cats' relaxed and independent nature but I'm so allergic that I'm itchy just thinking about them.

I've raised both dogs and cats, and much prefer dogs, and large dogs at that.

I hate cleaning cat boxes, cats won't stay in your yard, they like to roam.

We've had to get rid of over a dozen cats and kittens this past couple of months, because people won't have them spayed or neutered and they come to my old storage building to have their families. I have a big doberman who hates cats and will kill them. I'm tired of having to keep her on a run in her own fenced yard, because of cats. It's not fair to the dog, because she can't get any exercise. There were so many kittens here, that she would have killed them easily.

In this town if an animal kills another animal, it's considered aggressive and if you want to keep it, there's a $1000 fine every year, plus they have to stay on a chain, plus you have to carry $100,000 worth of insurance, otherwise he animal is destroyed.

And no my dog can't get out of the yard. My 1/2 acre has an 8 foot chain link fence with 3 strands of barbed wire at the top. This place use to belong to my Dad who was an auctioneer, is the reason for the fence.

Also my dog has been spayed.

I love both, but if I had to choose, I would pick cat! For some reason, all cats instantly love me an are purring and head-butting me. Which is weird, because I have a dog and he loves me to death. xd.png I have also had some bad experiences with both cats and dogs. *Shivers*

Edited by qweee

Cats! biggrin.gif

I have seven cats now lol I used to have two 15 year old males (their mum died in late 2012). But in late 2013 we adopted a young female cat. Actually she kind of adopted us too. o_O

She's got pregnant and she gave birth to four cute kittens day 27th December. They're all Siamese like their mum! ♥

One cat question: Why do Siamese cats' eyes glow red while other breeds glow greenish?

My mother told me "Don't be scared if you see her eyes glow red" tongue.gif indeed!

I've been raised around both cats and dogs and I love both of them. But if I had to choose just one, I think I'd pick cats. wub.gif

I'm a serious cat person... I originally had 10 of them. xd.png I was that crazy.

On the other hand, dogs are okay. I have a Samoyed so...

I'm both. I have owned both cats and dogs, and can't imagine my life without both cats and dogs in my life.

Each of them have their own personalities. Don't tell me that cats aren't loyal, I own a cat at the moment that waited for a year and a half for the owners who abandoned him.

Don't tell me cats aren't loving, refuse to come when you call etc. I have had very loving affectionate cats that have followed me around like a dog, and all of my cats come when called.

As for dogs they are great companions, and can be protective and loving, highly intelligent and more. Why should I pick one over the other when I love them both. biggrin.gif

I like both about equally. I have three cats because I live in an apartment that does not allow dogs (though apparently three cats, three aquariums, a gecko, and various insects at any given time are okay...). I really miss being able to go running with a dog, though.

Cats 100%. Dogs are nice, yes, and I guess if I wanted protection I'd go with a dog........but I just like cats more. They purr and cuddle and don't stink....and they poop in a very convenient box smile.gif

I've always had dogs but recently I took in a kitten and I think I may be a cat person. They are just so mellow. laugh.gif

You mean I have to choose? laugh.gif

I'd probably go with dogs, because a gorgeous golden retriever helped my parents raise me and I will always, always remember how sweet she was. <3

Dogs of course tongue.gif But cute small dogs like dachshunds and Chihuahuas not gigantic ugly dogs xd.png

I love both so much wub.gif

But I'm definitely a cat person. Dogs are too hyper and are more likely to stink than cats. Plus you have to take them out to poop.