Iza111

Cats or Dogs?

Cats and dogs are both amazing in their own ways. If I had to choose one, I'd probably get a cat. KITTY.

Allergic to cats but they're cute from faar faaaaaar away <.<

Lurrve dogs. Used to have two husky/german shepherd pups who were adorrabblee and fluffeh but had to give them away thanks to moving (again). Now have a little mut who's not nearly as cute as my old dogs but love her too <3

Hmm, i love both, but when i was really young i was afraid of dogs, but today i have two in my house, and i'm in love with wolfs.

So my final answer is dogs. smile.gif

Well, I've owned both. Can't really choose a side since they're both great as pets and family, haha.

I really dislike this question, it's as if cats and dogs are opposites that you must choose only ONE between.

That makes no sense. They are similar, though separate, animals and have NO relation to one another except that they are both popular pets.

That's like asking, "are you a cheese or a mayonnaise person? YOU CAN ONLY CHOOSE ONE. CHEESE OR MAYONNAISE. CHEESE VS. MAYONNAISE!!!" It makes no sense at all. They're DIFFERENT THINGS!

Why can't you like both? What is this constant false rivalry?

I have a dog named Skipper and cats are alright I do not dislike them. I just can not have one because my dad is allergic to them. I have a friend who has a cat and it is a friendly one. I had a bad encounter with a cat when I was younger also.

Personally I like both, I currently have a rather stubby/chubby cat with a nature similar to that of a pug, so I wouldn't always consider cats and dogs that different to each other depending on the breed.

I think the cats v dogs issue comes from them both being popular pets but with people having different preferences to pet behaviour. Very active people may prefer a dog due to training and walking it, while those who prefer something that can more or less amuse itself while you're out may prefer a cat.

One of the main things I hear from dog lovers are that cats just aren't friendly/always attack them, and while that's true for some it isn't for others. You can also get aggressive dogs, the difference being an aggressive cat can still be a pet, while a large dog is a more powerful animal and if it has an aggressive temperament it's liable to be put down after causing someone harm.

In other words I think with large dogs there generally are just more friendly ones around while with small dogs and cats it's a mix of social and antisocial, meaning there's more friendly dogs overall.

Edited by Blear

Dogs for sure! My favorite breed is a whippet. I would like cats but they always bite my for no reason! sad.gif but I hear they are very nice to their owners... but I still like dogs. Afterall my family has 2 mini schnauzer's named Missy and Spunky! biggrin.gif

Cats, as I have lived with them most of my life, and I love my cats. Actually, I have one on me right now!

Love and grew up with both. Though the apartments that we're residing only permit cats. Wished that they allowed at least small dogs too.

I love both cats and dogs-although my fav animal is my cute little dog and before he came into my life I was truly a cat person 100% biggrin.gif now it's like...as long as it's fluffy and nice I love it

I'm more of a cat person, I think. There's nothing like a little fluffy kitten to induce instant happiness! biggrin.gif

Actually, I don't mind dogs and I think playing with them is fun, but I wouldn't want to have one as a pet because their social behavior is just "too demanding" for old reclusive me. I'm not a total hermit and have friends I treasure, but I can be quite unsocial at times, to the point where I just need my "alone" space/time and don't want to interact with anyone in any way - and I can get really irritated if people won't grant me this time.

Cats are just... more silent companions and get less in the way, at least that's my impression. They generally don't seem to need a leader as much as dogs do and are happy doing their own thing or sleeping, if I don't feel like giving them prompts or commands on what to do next.

Well I love and own both. I have two cats and one dog.

If I had to choose, I think I would choose cats. Dogs are wonderful but also very demanding in a lot of ways. Walking, training and lots and LOTS of love and attention. It's a great thing but it can get a little overwhelming at times. Sort of like having a toddler....permanently.

I like both cats and dogs(as well as most other types of animals), but I do dislike certain qualities in both. I appreciate a cat that doesn't mind being petted and handled, but is still independent enough that it isn't constantly harassing me for attention like most dogs do. I prefer dogs that know to stop pestering me when I tell them to go lie down. My current black labrador isn't allowed in the house anymore because she doesn't know when to friggin' stop harassing people and whining when someone stops petting her for more than five seconds.

I intend to get a puppy and a cat when I am financially stable enough to live alone. I will get a dog breed that is okay with quiet time(greyhounds are great for this, as are a few other sight-hound breeds) and will raise the puppy to have some manners, unlike most of the dogs I see lately. I kind of want a pixie-bob or another type of very outgoing cat.

Edited by keijaidyyn

I like both cats and dogs(as well as most other types of animals), but I do dislike certain qualities in both. I appreciate a cat that doesn't mind being petted and handled, but is still independent enough that it isn't constantly harassing me for attention like most dogs do. I prefer dogs that know to stop pestering me when I tell them to go lie down. My current black labrador isn't allowed in the house anymore because she doesn't know when to friggin' stop harassing people and whining when someone stops petting her for more than five seconds.

I intend to get a puppy and a cat when I am financially stable enough to live alone. I will get a dog breed that is okay with quiet time(greyhounds are great for this, as are a few other sight-hound breeds) and will raise the puppy to have some manners, unlike most of the dogs I see lately. I kind of want a pixie-bob or another type of very outgoing cat.

If you're planning on sight hounds, I recommend getting the cat first.

Dogs, of course. I detest cats. You can tell from my username and sig. :3

I've always wanted a dog/dogs because I've always had cats growing up.

Never had or will have a problem with cats. Because of 18 years of having cats, you could say I'm a cat person though I love dogs as well (specially my boyfriend's Italian greyhounds wub.gif ) Guess I'm a CatDog person wink.gif

Edited by EmoDuck598

Here's something hilarious I found:

user posted image

I'm definitely a cat person: our current two kitties. The calico is Murra, the orange tabby is Kalish.

Sometimes we wonder if Murra thinks she's a dog, as she is always wanting attention (and she will jump in your lap to get it too) and always 'scouting' for food. Kalish is fairly typical for a cat, though he likes to roll onto his back hoping for a belly rub (and he likes to go high: he's gotten on top of our doors a number of times).