TwilightMoonDragon

Shadows OCC | Accepting

*Falls over panting.* Finally... Wrote it.

Ireland, 1599 A.D.

Sarah crouched and slowly walked the barn's rooftop. After a short pause she picked up into a sprint and jumped, aiming for her master.

*THUD*

She quickly got into a sitting position on his back.

"Good morning, master." She said, cheerily.

Cullen, face in the ground, mumbled,

"And a good morning to you, Sarah."

After pushing her off and standing up, he offered a hand that she took. They walked, dusting themselves off, to their headquarters. It was an underground bunker, built in one of the past wars to protect the nobility of the surrounding towns and villages. After knocking a specific code on the door it opened and they were greeted with a familiar face.

"Father!" Sarah cried as she hugged the man.

Cullen and Sarah's father shook hands and moved into the base. They were led into a back room with a map of Ireland stuck to a table by knives, which showed Templar bases that had been taken out. Cullen added another in the north and looked to his leader.

"They weren't expecting anything. It only took some well-placed explosives to take out their tower. Their leader had tried to escape before Sarah took him out."

The two assassins smiled at each other while Sarah's father ruffled through some papers. He returned to the table and slammed in on the table. Sarah was the first hand to it and looked it over, blowing a bit of her blonde hair out of her eyes. Bright blue eyes running over the details.

"Surely we can take a break. We just got back." She complained.

"If Gregory feels we have to go soon, then we need to go soon." Her master retorted.

"But you promised we'd take a vacation this week."

"I don't control Templar movements."

Sarah handed Cullen the sheet and he read it over.

"England?"

"We've nearly taken out all the Templar forces here. I've sent messages to the other three branches and they're all sending at least one higher-up assassin for this."

They looked at each other. Five assassins? They never ran a operation bigger than three. A look of worry crossed their faces.

"What exactly are we there for?"

"We believe they have an artifact."

"Like... the apple?" Sarah asked.

"We don't know, but we've seen whole platoons of Templars move towards London. Nothing good can come of this." Gregory replied.

"When do we need to leave?"

"In three days."

They left the conference room. Cullen wasn't comfortable taking Sarah on this. But her father had trusted him with his daughter's life thus far. This would simply forward that trust. Over the course of the next three days they laid around the HQ, walked the fields and even went horse-back riding. When the day came for them to meet the other assassins before the left for London came, they were already packed and ready to move. They said their farewells and mounted.

After a day of traveling they got to the rendezvous point first. In the next coming hours several more came. None had brought apprentices, and Cullen felt increasingly uncomfortable. But this was over-taken by the joy of seeing a childhood friend. They hugged and went into their greeting ritual of ball-busting.

"I see you brought Sarah. Are you sure?"

"I'm not, really. But it was given to the both of us."

"She's still an apprentice."

"I know."

After they made their greetings they re-mounted and rode to the Eastern shore. It took two days of riding but they made it. It appeared as though a man by the name of Brian was in charge of this. Cullen was first lieutenant. They moved quickly, sneaking upon a boat in the dead of night. After another day of travel they landed. Quickly dispersing, they were to meet back up in front of parliament. When they all arrived Brian laid out the plan.

"It looks as though they're meeting with England's government. The local assassins have some influence there but not enough to openly deny the Templars." He said.

"Where are they right now? The Templar officials?"

"In the building. They're trying to convince them to allow their army to quarter residential areas. If they succeed we'll just have to work this out."

After a short discussion they met with the London branch of English assassins. Their knowledge of the situation was shared and it turned out the King was their believed target. While he either didn't have a clue as to what he had, or didn't have anything, they had to take him out or find the artifact.

Over the next week they put plans together and went over layouts. Buckingham was solid but on shift swaps a single entrance was left unguarded for about a minute. That night they snuck in and spread out. A total of thirteen assassins got in. Cullen took Sarah to the royalty's room with the English operation's leader. Two guards were silently taken out and they worked on the lock. There were four and they nearly couldn't get in. They did and silently entered. The rest of their cohorts were busy keeping any and all suspicion off them. Two even dawned the guards clothing and stood at the door.

"Alright. What now?"

"Now? You die."

The English man attacked Cullen outright, they were only twenty meters from the King and Queen.

"Sarah! Go, warn the others!" He whispered as loud ad he could.

Everything had been a trap. All of it. This man was the second in-charge. He was clearly deluded or corrupt. He had planted ideas and evidence. Convinced everyone in his branch and Ireland's to aid him in an attempt on the King's life. He took a punch in the jaw but he caught a kick and flipped the traitor over. He had to get him out. Moving towards a window he tried to turn this man around. With a stroke of luck Cullen got this man's back to the frame. With a powerful kick he sent him out the window. The crash woke everyone and sent out a signal to the security.

He had nowhere to go. English traitors sort ounces the room and the King's personal guard was sprinting towards him. He jumped. He dove out the window, landing in a haystack. Sarah. Where was she? He saw several Irishmen and women escape but none of them her. A crowd a guards were coming at him, but he got by. He saw the two assassins that had worn guard armor, take her out of the palace. All he heard then was a gunshot.

The world slowed down. Even arrows whizzed by slowly. Everything was muffled, he was tackled by guards and suddenly things sped up. He fought back, tears streaming down his face. His nose was bleeding and it was mixing with the tears. He cried out curses and finally got to his feet. He ran until he got to her body. She was on her deathbed.

"C-cul..." She began to say, but she coughed up blood and had to gasp. "Cullen... I... I... lo... ve... you."

With that she coughed up more and fell limp. Cullen couldn't believe what had happened. It was all so fast. He hadn't been there. He could of saved her! He should of seen through the plot! Why couldn't he just have stayed home with her? Why had he told her to warn the others? What was wrong with him?

Soon he was assailed by more, he picked up Sarah and ran off. It took nearly half an hour to escape their detection. He set her down in an alley and fell to his knees. He cried, rubbing tears and blood from his face. No! She couldn't be dead! He tried to resuscitate his apprentice and lover. It was all in vain. She was gone. Gone from his life. Forever.

Three weeks later.

A shadowy figure wandered into the western Irish headquarters. He wore black robes and found Gregory. He brought him into the back and explained what happened. Shouts of anger could be heard from that room. The shadowy man sat in a chair, waiting for the leader to calm down.

"She is buried in a cemetery south of London." Cullen said solemnly.

after nearly an hour of consoling her father he went out to forget everything. He sat down at a bar and drank from dusk to dawn. He got into a bar fight with another assassin and broke both arms and several ribs on the man. The next day he was demoted from rank thirteen to eleven. He walked out of the headquarters. He had to get away. Leave the country. To many memories were here. He couldn't even make it forty feet without breaking down again.

In the upcoming year he learned Italian. Sarah had always wanted to know Italian. Eventually he couldn't take it any more and secured a transfer to the Roman branch. He boarded a boat, hoping to escape his memories.

I'll hug him more! *tackles Cullen*

I have Ceto's all finished... Though have no idea how to end it.

Ambra sees everyone like a brother or sister. Especially Cullen and Aero. And Aelia and Lucia. That's why she played with Cullen once. xd.png

Joan's.... not even one word yet. I'm working on it though.

EDIT:

Well, might as well.

He could stir things up by casually mentioning things.

Secrets and Templar weaknesses and whatnot.

Username: RainDash

Name: Niccolo Corvis

Birthplace: Florence, Italy

Side: Citizen leaning towards Assassin

Position: Meow?

Assassin Rank: Herp

Appearance: Corvis

Clothing: He never wears the mask unless it's an emergency

Weapons: A small dagger for crazy people, a needle (?), various poisons

Personality: In a word, quirky. He stays loyal to those he deems powerful, and most often it is the assassins. Most trust him because of his 'silent' nature. He tends not to ask too many questions and even when he does, most secrets do not pass his lips. He is smarter than most, having been born into nobility but living in poor conditions regardless. He acts dumb and possibly insane, often talking to dead relative's ghosts. Templars he views as barbarians, but knows that without the Templars, the Assassins would not exist.

History: Niccolo was born into a rich family, and was raised with a medical knowledge written from Hippocrates himself. He studied the greats and soon rejected previous ideas. In order to further his studies, he robbed graves and dissected them at night. He was soon found out and nearly kicked out of the family when his uncle fell to a sickness. They tried blood-letting, but to no avail. Niccolo soon intervened and saved his uncle. Ironically, it had been the blood-letting that had made him so sick, they had done it so often. Niccolo had also given him small amounts of Belladonna. When removed from his diet, the uncle rapidly returned to health. He later experimented with other family members, flipping coins to see whether they lived or died. He was regaled as a master healer and given a shop to heal others. He has recently stopped experimenting on relatives as they all died of various diseases.

Abilities:

-Healing

-Knowledge of Poisons

-Knowledge of People

Weaknesses:

-Fire, he was scarred with a brand when he was young

-He does not operate outside the law

-His knowledge is not perfect

-Bit of a blabber mouth

-Doesn't care about patients as much as what he can do to cure them

Strengths:

-Higher than average cure rate

-Only lets slip what is important

-Wide knowledge of poisons and cures

Likes: Medicine, Assassins who ask, challenging puzzles and diseases

Dislikes: Drunk people, fire, boring puzzles and cases

Other: Belladonna was used to dilate ladies pupils. Creepy...

Edited by RainDash

Fun fact: Did you know the doctor's mask's nose contains sweet-smelling things like flowers so that the doctor doesn't have to smell the victim?

I keep seeing ArchiosLukos lurking. I hope she joins, I know she's a pretty good Rper.

Accepted.

Really? I didn't know that...

I asked her before and she said that she would think of it.

That's a plague doctor! My friend is being one for Halloween. I should humor him with the picture.

She'll join anything if you ask. Her policy might have changed, but the last I knew, if you PM and ask her join something, she will. But I've seen her 'round as well.

Anyways...that character is very interesting. It reveals quite a bit about your personal knowledge of people, RD. Plus, he reminds me of some people I'm quite fond of.

He's really different from your other characters, though. Well, kind of. Anyways...I'm interested in him.

Question: is he the kind of person to deliberately poison someone, or...?

I have a question: when do you think Lucia, Joan, and Ambra will be full assassins? They should go up a rank or two due to the massive battle, right? Or do you think it's close for them to become full assassins?

I think Cullen should be promoted for playing a major part in the jail-escape.

But that's my opinion.

I dunno. I think there should be a universal rank-up for all the non-masters (there's nowhere higher to go, for them). Oh, and what should be the rank where apprentices become assassins?

LEVEL UP!

Lol no.

So everyone that aren't masters get a +1 rank! Yay!

I guess apprentices become assassins when their rank reaches assassin? xd.png

Then all the apprentices should get a universal rank up by one or two points, no?

LOL. Yeah. Well, I think a lot of time's passed.

Then some 'assassins' woul still have apprentice ranks. Like Ceto an Scipio. Maybe they're full assassins when they become Disciples? Just throwin' that idea out.

Yes. I mean, if that's okay with everyone.

Sounds good.

I feel like Cullen just took over here. He's giving orders to superiors like it's cool.

Wait woah. Doesn't that mean that Ambra is EXTREMELY close to becoming a full assassin, and Joan should be a full assassin by now?

He had the least tolling torture and Aelia was bound to a chair. It's not like they ha a choice. It's amazing what disparity and circumstance can do to people.

@Mousey: blink.gif I'm half afraid to ask about what that reveals about me... But I noticed when the little bio appeared for the doctor it talked about the masks. I thought that was cool and latched onto the fact forever.

@TMD: I was just thinking about that, I man, they've been training for almost year with the timeskip.

If Ambra becomes a full assassin, it would give more reason for her to go on that plot mission.

Also, hey. What would the date be? I think it's like the twenty first or so.

Edited by Dusset

I thought Joan was an Assassin First Rank? Correction Assassin Third Rank... Joan already is a full assassin by rank. And pretty skilled by the looks.

Edited by Danniphantom

I just do as the commander tells me.

Honestly, she's still not very stealthy and I will make her trip and fall at least once.

I thought she meant third rank as in...assistant.

Well, no one can get a good read on people based solely on characters, but thoughtfulness is a trait. Um...perhaps...a long-held grudge? Like I said, it's hard to tell.

Y'know...by the way TMD and I made the kids act...they're extremely mature. I mean...I just thought of it now, but they...are still newborns and the activity and smoke... They should have died.

You guys post more in a day when I am busy than any other rp I have roleplayed on.. And when I have the day off it is like everyone disappears. xd.png

Wow, Mousey... Ezio and Xanthe have to be more taken care of!

So the apprentices are gonna become assassins soon... Yay!

Woot! Also, posted.

@FRoD: I call it the Absentee phenomena, when you're on, nothing happens, and when you're off everyone posts.

I think that all of the apprentices should be full assassins, except for William because he's relatively new.

Ambra, I think, has potential to be a full assassin soon. She knows how to fight and how to defend, as she proved in the battle.