TwilightMoonDragon

Shadows: Whisper | Assassin's Creed

One drink turned into two. Two turned into four. Soon, Lucia was more drunk than she had ever been. Unsteady on her feet, Lucia wandered out onto the street, going to a weapon vendor and giving him some money for a dagger. It was cheap, but it would work for killing those Templars. "I'm *hic* going to kill them evil buggers. They think *hic* I'm weak. I'm gonna *hic* slit their throats!" Lucia told herself. Somewhere in her mind, a sober voice said that this was a horrible idea. She could die if she tried to fight an experienced Templar. However, Drunk Lucia was already tossing people out of her way. She had seen Tano. Of course, she didn't know his name. "You! I'm gonna *hic* kill you! I'm not gonna feel bad 'bout it neither!" She pulled out her knife, it was wavering and unsteady, but she had the form down, she had seen it enough times to copy it. However, if she had the foggiest idea how to kill with it, she had yet to figure out.

Tano's eyes drifted down the streets, trying to catch any troublemakers. Usually this was where the assassins were. When they drifted among the crowds, blending in with the innocents, or they formed a pack of their own. The Templar knew that taking three or four assassins at a time was foolish and deadly. He was well trained and well prepared for an attack, but he knew that eventually he would fall to the hands of a deadly assassin, sword raised above their heads and a scowl on their features. All of a sudden, one of them showed up. Drunk, it seemed. And threatening to kill him. Even though Tano was a by intoxicated himself, he found this amusing. The woman seemed to be toppled over at any minute. "I think you're biting off more than you can chew, my dear." he unsheathed his Florentine, and pointed it at her. "Do you really think that you can beat me? I'm twice your size, and my sword is ten times the size of your dagger!"

"I *hic* don't care! I *hic* wanna see you bleed!" Lucia dove under the blade, using her knife to steer the Templar's away from her. Letting out her hidden blade the drunken Lucia tried to hit the Templar's stomach, but missed. She was so drunk that she was actually surprised when she pulled off that move. Sliding to the other side, Lucia wobbled behind the Templar. Lucia tried to keep the vomit from coming up while she was fighting. It would leave her wide open. "Your move. *hic*" She drunkenly taunted. The ale had refilled her ego, and then some. She was invincible, just as soon as she could pick out which Tano was the real Tano. "Hurry up! I may be half your size, and yet I seem to be able to move faster than a fat old ass like you!" Swaying to keep her balance, even though the ground wasn't moving, it looked like she was going to fall over at any time. She also looked like she was going to vomit.

Edited by RainDash

Tano snarled when the woman drove the sword away from her. He wasn't sure what happened, but Lucia had tried to attack him once and missed her target. His stomach was left unscathed, thank God. His eyes went behind him, before his body turned to face her. The woman said that she wanted to kill him, but it looked like she ingested enough drink to kill herself. Tano smirked, his head cocked to the side. Lucia couldn't even stay on her feet. And it looked like she was going to vomit. He backed away slightly, not wanting to be vomited on. Surely, this red was not going to be good with a brownish green color. And Alan would surely not let it down. He could hear the British accent, laughing, saying that he was barfed on by an assassin. At that, his face flushed. He would not allow that to happen! His lips twitched in a snarl, and he pointed the sword at her again. "My pretty, I'm sure that you're the one that's going to bleed!" with that, Tano swung the sword down on her shoulder. He hoped that it would hit and she would not dodge, buy he learned from experience that assassins were fleet footed and quick and cunning, like a fox. A scar on the back of his neck itched. The man had gotten it from an assassin who ducked behind him and aimed a kill blow, but simply slashed at the back of his neck in miscalculation. He would not let that happen again, not once.

((Sorry, I've been a little busy...))

Scipio's insubordination and disrespect pissed Aero off and pushed him to the ledge. Aero kicked a stool as Scipio was walking out attempting to trip Scipio up. In what seemed like an instant Aero was up out of his seat. He grabbed Scipio and pushed him to the wall and aimed a descent kick right into Scipio's stomach. Aero then placed his palm underneath Scipio's chin and pushed his head back into the wall. He then leaned into whisper into Scipio's ear. "You may be able to sweet talk women, you may have Casio as a friend, you may even have Germanic guards on your side. But here in this part of town, when you're close to me I have utter control. Underestimating me is a mistake that few get away with making. I don't care if you don't like me, I don't care if you hate my guts. But in this Brotherhood I am the Master and you are the disciple, and I will have respect. I don't know what the hell your problem is today, but I suggest you silently get the hell out of my site until you straighten it out before this escalates any further because I will not tolerate your horse censorkip.gif anymore." He said angrily. He angled his hand just past Scipio's neck and released his hidden blade to give him a small cut but nothing severe. "You'll do well to remember where you stand Scipio. I may not have Aelia and Casio's full trust yet, but my word carries weight. And if you're perceived as a threat to this brotherhood the three of us will take action." Aero spat. He walked back past Ambra and placed his hand on her shoulder. "I'm sorry you had to see me like that. Please forgive me." He said bowing his head. His actions were inappropriate for a master but disrespect was something Aero couldn't tolerate. He turned to walk back into the bar for another drink.

Edited by Danniphantom

((Yeah, I tried not to describe anything that would be considered godmodding. Scipio can still counter to all. I just wouldn't have had a very detailed post if I didn't describe what I intended Aero to do. :/))

Lucia tried to dodge, but the blade nicked her shoulder. It didn't go terribly deep, but it did hurt enough to warrant her to try and stop the bleeding. "Shut up!" Lucia was blindly slashing now, trying to get in a hit. If she could just hit him once, she could leave. However, she was nursing her left shoulder now. It made it that much harder to attack. If only she wasn't so drunk... "I will make sure that you bleed last then. I'm just sick of jerks like you thinkin' yous can jus' get away with anything!" Her crude language was becoming prominent. It was almost like she had slipped back into being that scared slave that convinced the rest to riot. "I," She stopped for a moment to correct herself. "I just want to teach you a lesson. A lesson written in blood." She growled. Swiping her knife at his face, she wondered if it would hit.

(Oh. I am sorry. I usually just leave it open ended so the fight can go on, but out writing style differ. I can accommodate.)

Scipio let Aero beat him around. Turning to leave, he felt the blood trickle down his neck. Sighing, Scipio just walked away, disappearing down the street. The man felt a drop come down on his head. "Good. Rain." It would cleanse him. Wash away his mistakes. Hopefully, then, God would stop punishing him. Maybe He would find it in His heart to forgive the assassin. Maybe he would find the kindness to kill the man and let him go to Hell or Heaven to reap what ye had done. All Scipio wanted was something definate. Something that could not be taken from him. Seeing the alley way that led to the HQ, he considered going that way. The man shook his head, continuing on his way. Scipio didn't know where he was going but it was certainly not home.

[uh, we need to get back to Joan too. ^^;]

Tano smirked when he saw the initial spurt of blood. Assassin blood. The blood that had spilled other blood. Templar blood. His blood. The way that his brothers were cut down like pigs and dogs, without mercy. Then, the dagger kept on slashing at him. Luckily he dodged, some of them grazing his cloaks and scratching his skin, but that was about it. Was that it? Was this what the assassins learnt in their training? It made him want to laugh. Hard. Poor assassin! She was going to get it. All of a sudden, she said something else- Tano, trying to comprehend it, paused, but that was what ruined him. A pain on his face. Screaming in pain and fury, be backed away. She had cut him on the face! He opened his eyes; luckily, they worked, and he was not blinded. But the pain and the sting of blood crawling into his eyes made him shut them again. Roaring curses in Spanish, he raised his sword and blindly slashed at his opponent. This woman was going to die, and she was going to die at the hands of Otto himself! Imagine his face when he presented him with a female assassin?! He would possibly be promoted to second in command! Of course he was jsut fantasizing, and he wouldn't actually be promoted. Maybe he would get a feast in his honor? Usually that was correct... He usually saw people get feasts if they killed an assassin.

Ambra stared at what was going on with Scipio and Aero. They were threatening to kill each other. To keep each other in line. Suddenly, Aero started to beat up Scipio, and Scipio left without a word. It was so, so sad to her. She wnted to go home. She wanted to be a normal person and just... Just reproduce and have a husband and tend the fields like a normal woman would do. She used to do that. She used to plant flowers and corn when she was just ten years old. And then on harvest moon she would collect the bounty of the land. Crying even more now, she made her way to Aero. She wanted comfort. She wanted to be held in a man's arms, to be held and sung to like Scipio had done. His soft voice. His gentle touch. His words, his breath on her ear. And the only man she knew that she was around was Aero. Aero was good enough. He could help her, help her get over her loneliness. He was the one that invited her out of course. And the sun was going down. So, the petite and fragile woman walked across the bar, sat straight in the man's lap, and pressed her lips against his.

Aero was surprised by Ambra's sudden affection. He blushed, as his eyes hid away behind the combination of his blond and her amber hair. He didn't resist, he didn't fight it. He welcomed it as he kissed her back, wrapping his arms around her. He felt something inside of him. A warmth in his chest. Something he had never felt before. No, he did feel it once before, when his mother had her arms wrapped around him as she protected him from his father. He was confused though he was too young to know why he felt it though. He continued to kiss Ambra, closing his eyes as he enjoyed the feeling. He pulled away and looked at her. "Let's go back to the HQ." He said resting his head on her shoulder.

((Damn, kind of makes me wish they would get together :/))

Edited by Danniphantom

Aelia sighed deeply, calming herself. "Yeah, Casio. Can't we stop fighting to welcome the new recruit?" After sticking out her tongue, the woman turned. "I guess you've seen everything except for the library. Eh, the library's boring, I guess. Do you want to see it or no?" Her kind wandered from the tour, though. She had been out that day. It had ben about a year before. Aelia had been taking a holiday. Tired of leading alone, she had left one day. Let with a note that she would return soon. Casio had been out for one reason or another and had saved her from the Templars. He had been quite heroic. Perhaps that was why she had even bothered helping them at the tavern. Perhaps the kiss from before was a token of her gratitude. Perhaps that was why she had carried Scipio home on her back. He had carried her home too. At that, she grinned slightly. "And Casio, I do remember that day..." she trailed off, still faintly smiling. Why had he done that in the first place? Had he been hoping he would get something out of it? Or had he been feeling generous? It was all a mystery.

Ambra enjoyed the kiss that she shared with the master assassin. She was busy getting lost in it, so, so busy. His lips were sweet, so very sweet and warm. His arms wrapped around her and she leant closer. The man pulled away, and said that they should go back to the HQ. She had to agree. She was sleepy, tired even. And after the kiss, she wanted to go home even more. She wanted to curl up in her bed and fall into the loving sleep of the bed. The soft, soft sheets of her bed... Her bed might be lumpy, but she didn't mind. Getting up from her spot, she picked up her flowers and lifted them up gently to her nose. Believe it or not, she was still depressed. Scipio's words. Aero's kiss. What should she think? Should she just... Get with Aero? Maybe he'll find someone else. But in the meantime, she could stay with him and kiss him all he wanted until he was satisfied with it. "Let's go." she whispered, her eyes flicking up to his before turning and walking off with the flowers. They sure smelled sweet.

She had planted flowers. Purple flowers, such as lilies. Yellow flowers, like daisies. She loved her farm. But she knew that this life was great.

Walking down the street, she came upon the HQ again. Aelia and Casio were speaking to a woman and Casio looked at them before speaking to Aelia.

"Sure as hell you remember it." Casio sniffed and tossed a look at Ambra and Aero. Why were the two walking so close to each other? He hoped that nothing would happen... Nothing important. You know... Important man and woman time. "Gah, the library is boring. Dunno why Ambra spends her time there."

Ambra rolled her eyes, and walked into the HQ. She paused for a moment, and turned to face Aero. "So... I guess that this is goodnight then?"

"It doesn't have to be." Aero said stroking Ambra's cheek. "You can come back to my room if you wish." Aero said. His cheeks were a little rosy from the ale. But he seemed in his right mind. His blue-grey eyes gleamed with a passion towards Ambra. He really cared about her, more than he felt comfortable admitting. He admired her, daresay loved her. It could be seen in his eyes but he hid it well. The other's would look down upon it but what business was it of theirs to get involved in Aero's personal life. After the kiss Aero yearned for Ambra, he wanted her to be his, despite what others would think. It was a strong sickening feeling in his gut that he couldn't deter or ignore. He stood there waiting for a reply.

((I actually don't see how this would end badly, at least not from a morality stand point... Granted the whole Master-Pupil thing but Ambra isn't even Aero's apprentice. I can see how Scipio would be mad but morally speaking I don't see wrong.))

[Maybe we should ask Mousey and see that Scipio would not kill Aero. xd.png]

The soft touch against her cheek made the woman purr. The silence across the HQ made her feel weird, as if she was being watched. Leaning against his hand, the drunken woman looked up at him, smiling softly. Ambra truely, truely didn't feel anything toward him. But she was drunk. Aero was the one that was comforting her. Not Casio. Not Scipio. But him. The blond haired blue eyes man was tempting her, like some sort of creature. She glanced around. What if someone saw them? Actually knew what they were going to do? Would they tell her master? What would Scipio do? "O-of course I would like to go with you." Ambra knew that she was making a mistake, but she was drunk of course. She would be up and about by tomorrow morning, now wouldn't she? She would... Train... And stuff. She would try and translate as many books as possible and try to get the thoughts of the night before out of her head. She took his hand and swallowed, glancing away. Well... Here they went.

[i spoke with Mousey and she says she doesn't mind if they have alone time. After this, do you wanna Timeskip, Danni?]

Joan heard 'library'. "No. I really, really hate those. If I'm in one, they're usually on fire or someone's died in there." Or a combination thereof. She left the last part out, as she didn't need to go telling stories. "So, I'm gonna turn in for the night." Joan bowed once, and ducked out of their... unique relationship. 'Those two are trouble together. I'd do well not to be in the middle.' Joan thought to herself. Making her way towards the barracks, already feeling tired. Man, that ship was a long ride. Not to mention, a seriously bumpy one. She had almost lost the sailors she had to dangle overboard twice. Ugh, if she never saw a ship again it would be too soon.

~

Lucia smiled when she cut his face. "You know..." Lucia staggered. "I'm going to enjoy this a bit too much. You weren't even the one responsible, but you were the one who will die for joining them." Lucia stabbed towards his heart, her vision swimming. She needed this, she needed blood on her hands. All great assassins have blood on their hands. The very best have so much that they're drowning in it. Lucia was going to have to get used to it now. "What's wrong? Little ol' assassin me too strong for you? Surprise, I've never even held a sword before tonight. You're. Just. Slow." It felt like she was going in slow motion, falling with the dagger out. Soon she tripped, and she fell. The dagger clattered over to her right somewhere.

Aelia nodded to Joan. "Goodnight." Turning to Casio she sighed. "I'm sorry, I guess. I feel as if I hurt you. I think kissing you after you had just vomited was enough sacrifice, though. Yes?" God, that had tasted awful. It had been alright. It was a bit of a bummer, though. Her first kiss had been a vomit filled one. Bleh. The very thought enduced a gag in her, almost. "Do you even remember that? You were pretty drunk..." The woman studied her own feet. Hiding a blush, she pushed away thoughts that would hold her up in life. She was still young, right? Yes. But her time was ticking. Ticking, ticking away. And soon, she would run out if time. The sand would slip through her fingers.

Thinking of time looped back around to Casio. He was handsome, that she could say about him. Lacking brains, though. She wondered if he could pass on his drinking fix. That would be a bit depressing to whoever he ended up settling down with.

Edited by Mousia

[Omg. Long post.]

For the first time in a long while, the sun actually shone full on against the town. Not a cloud was in sight and the people enjoyed the warmth that bathed the streets. Not even a puddle was on a ground, yet the ground had some humidity that it showed that it had rained recently. People looked over flowers and other crops. Elder men looked over daggers and swords and weapons such as that. Templars again dozed in the sun, surely enjoying the warmth that has all of a sudden come. The town was as lazy as always, but the people went on to run errands and important talks were being held in corners, away from the people.

Casio leant forward and rested his cheek on the back of the horse. The dappled horse that he had stolen from a hay barrel near by was his steed for now. It was so soft and warm... He struggled not to doze off. There noises from the room next to him when he was trying to sleep. Ambra and Aero. He had promptly told Scipio what his apprentice had done, and looked for his. Lucia couldn't be found, and thus he went out. He listened to it walk down the streets, its hooves hitting against the cobblestone flood. He knew where he was going. To the very outskirts of Rome, where the town turned into scattered farms. He yawned, humming softly as he guided the horse with taps of his feet against his flank. He smiled as he drifted from town, going toward the farmland. Yes, that was where he had to go. He had to do this. He had been here once before. And he had felt the same thing that came from his Eagle Sense. A tingling in his stomach. There was something here that human eyes couldn't see. The feeling was at its peak in one of these little homes on the farmland... Abandoned. He had known that the home was abandoned because all of the times he was there, no one was. No marks, no anything. That made it much easier. Find it, and ride the horse back to town and get Aelia to see this. Even he could do that.

Ambra yawned, stretching and hearing her back pop. Ah, that felt good. It felt relaxing, it felt.. Nice. She was sitting in Aero's bed, tired as hell. She didn't even know if Aero was in bed. She as dressed and ready to go for the day. Sort of. She didn't believe what she had done last night. After Scipio. Her eyes drifted down to the ground, and she felt dirty and guilty. She knew that she was in trouble. In deep, deep, deep horse dung. That is, if anyone found out what she did. Creeping out of the room and tip toeing down the stairs, she clipped on her hidden blade in the process. No one can see her coming from upstairs, especially since she wasn't in her own bed the whole night. She shivered, glancing around and gently stepped forward. Scipio should be around here, shouldnt he? "Master," she called out. Her voice was hoarse and tired from last night. Not to mention she felt like Kelly. Sitting down on a barrel, she brought her legs up to her chest and sniffed. She felt... Weird. She had been drunk last night, but she knew perfectly what happened last night. What other explanation would fit her in bed with a man and being well... Out in the open?

Aero woke moments after Ambra. He waited in silence as she dressed before he himself stood and put simple clothes on. (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v87/shmupo/coscom%20ac/attachment.jpg) and grabbed his dagger, hidden blade and hand claws. He walked downstairs and rubbed his eyes. He had a slight headache but he wasn't drunk enough to be hung over. He stepped into the common room and stretched. He looked over and saw Ambra waiting for Scipio. He sighed as he thought about what Casio and Aelia would say if they found out. He walked past her, pretending to accidentally brush past her. He spoke quietly but made it look like he said nothing. "I won't tell anyone and I'll take the blame if I must." He said before walking out to find his apprentice. He had heard he was getting one soon. And he had heard of the newcomer. He left a note at the door as to where he could be found and for whomever it was to seek him out. The note read:

~SALVE, missis plerique meridiem et gemere in platea domus. Est discipulus meus novus quaero cui me et nolite manducare cibum.

Complectere umbras,

Aero

~

He then walked out of the room yawning. His stomach growled as he climbed up the building and waited for his apprentice.

(Translation: Good morning assassins, I will be in the town square atop the southern most building. To whomever my new apprentice is seek me out, and don't eat breakfast.

Complectere umbras,

Aero

Written like a letter)

Edited by Danniphantom

Ambra blinked when Aero brushed past her, saying that he would not say anything to anyone. He better not. The woman would be heartbroken if anyone found out, especially since this was just a big mistake. She did not mean to do anything with Aero. She felt dirty. Guilty. Horribly filthy. Aero was a nice man... But certainly not for her. She wanted to do activities with someone that she actually loved. Someone that left tingly feelings in her stomach when they left. Someone that she cared for. Someone that, when they said her name, would give her chills. But Aero was young, strong, and certainly handsome. Why not him? She didn't know. Maybe she wanted someone older. Certainly not someone in their thirties, like Casio. He looked younger than thirty one years old. Maybe in his late twenties. It surprised her that he said he was going to turn thirty two soon, since his birthday was somewhere in early autumn. She shook herself out and she sat down near some wrapped up food. The chicken from last night was pulled apart in sections and wrapped up in clean, useless cloths. So she pulled a bundle from the like and unwrapped it, revealing a leg that was still somewhat warm since the cloth had maintained at least some of the heat. She dipped her head and tore into it; she had not eaten last night and the wine from last night had left her hungry and tired. She wished that there was some cheese; cheese was good, especially with light meat such as chicken. Stronger cheeses went with darker meats. Same thing went for wine. Strong cheeses went with drier, more bitter wine that contained more alcohol. She didn't like wine. Or beer. Water was fine for her. Except during those times when they held celebrations, such as Christmas. Casio, Aero, and Aelia usually went out to steal and all three of them pulled in a load of things to eat and drink. Alcohol, meats, cheeses. Those times were good, even if they were once a year. They sung and lit a fire, and Casio played his music, and then they all went to sleep. Nice times, nice times.

Casio continued to ride on his horse. Not necessarily his horse though, he had simply his in the hay stack and coaxed the horse to come closer by holding out an apple. Of course the horse came closer, and that was how Casio was on the white and brown horse. He was hungry though, and bored. The outskirts were close, and there he could start riding at full speed. But he didn't want to become notorious and then all of a sudden Templars would be chasing after him. As Casio passed by a stand in the streets, which sold breads and cheeses and water in round jugs. He bent down quickly and snagged a few without even being noticed on his horse. Casually, he rode off, chewing hungrily on the cheese and bread he had stolen.

By the time he had finished the bread and cheese, he had reached the farmlands of Rome. With a full stomach, he drank the jug of water and started to gallop away. The wind blew through his hood and lashed it down, and thus his hair was buffeted by the wind. He rode, and rode, and rode. Suddenly, he reached an abandoned farm, and got off of his horse. He held out the apple to the horse's lips, and it took it gratefully. Patting the horse on the nose as it ate, Casio entered the home. It was musty and dry, and spider webs were in every corner. The feeling here was stronger. It hummed in his head, and he knew that there was something here that human eyes couldn't see. Casio sighed, shutting his eyes, focusing, and opened them once more. Eagle Sense was enabled, and he took everything in with intense focus. Ah! There it was. Something in the ground. Walking over, he saw that it seemed to be soemthing that covered a hole in the ground. He pulled off the object and looked down the hole, big enough for a person to fit in. Air came up to meet his face, and it smelt of rock and water. Sniffing, he pulled out his sword and clicked it against the inside of the hole. Loud echoes. Caverns! That was what he was missing. He had been coming her for the longest time and he hadn't noticed that caverns spanned underneath the farmland! Bouncing to his feet, he rushed out the door, climbing on his horse. With a neigh, the horse and him rushed toward the city again, Casio fueled with excitement.

Aelia sighed, walking along the streets with a sack in hand. Her simple, brown dress dragged on the ground (X). The breeze was blowing the woman's dark brown hair around her face. Scanning the streets, she felt a pump of adrenaline. Her head pounded with pain as she felt the energy of others pounding against her. Her skin prickled and the hair on her arms and neck stood up on end. Something's not right..., she thought, glancing around as she passed the masses. Slamming her foot on the ground, she grew more curious. Aelia could feel the ground rumble beneath her feet. Hollow? It was so...odd. The woman kept on going, though. Going and going until the alley was reached. As she entered the HQ, she was tempted to yell out what she had found. But no, she could not reveal it just just. Aero and Casio were first. But she would have to speak to Aero first. Aelia had seen the look of Scipio's face when Casio had told him about...well...it. It was a mix of anguish and pain. A radiation, agonizing pain. His face had become twisted as he looked down and left again. He always seemed to be out. He always seemed to be upset about one thing or another. Not seeing Aero, she decided to speak to Ambra instead. As Aelia approached an passed, she tapped Ambra on the shoulder. "Follow and do not speak."

Ambra nibbled on the bone of the chicken, satisfied with her stomach full. That was delicous. Even though it was just a measly left over scrap of food, she basically had a tiny stomach and really didn't eat much. Suddenly, people started to come in, and the assassins in the barracks came out, rubbing the sleep out of their eyes and yawning softly. It seemed to be a casual day for the assassins, since they usually wore their robes of grays and white. She suddenly felt like a sore thumb, sticking out from the rest of the fingers. She was dressed and ready to train, and yet, Scipio did not come. He did not come for the next few minutes, and she was worrying. Where had he gone? Had he left? Had he even remembered about her? The woman thought and thought. She ran a hand through her amber hair, her eyes growing even more guilty by the minute. What had she done? She should of thrown herself on Scipio, not Aero. If she had, if she had become lulled by that song that he song and that soft touch, none of this would of happened. She blinked when she heard footsteps her way, and she looked up, expecting to see her mentor. Brown eyes were focused down on her, and she frowned. Not the hazel that she was used to. It was Aelia, and the tap of her shoulder told her to follow along with the voice. Coming upto her feet, wincing as she strained something sore, she tossed the chicken bone to the side and walked at Aelia's side. She was told not to speak, but she wanted to know where she was going. She was not even armed. "Where are we going?" she whispered, her voice softer than ever before.