TwilightMoonDragon

Shadows: Whisper | Assassin's Creed

A sound came from the roof above Mathis, then another louder sound of scrambling feet on the stone wall. Out of the corner of his eye, he could make out someone trying to regain their footing and climb back up onto the roof. Weird, why was someone doing on the roof to begin with? Then another figure appeared, helping the other one up followed by some hushed scolding. Probably two idiots mucking around on the roof. Mathis yawned, scratching his neck under his helm, his eyes turning up to the place where the two disappeared at on the roof. Maybe he should say something… “Oi, you two! Up on the roof!” He paused for a moment, frowning under his helmet. God he sounded weird in this metal bucket. Wrenching it off, he could see clearer of the roof now, and now would be able to hear a response from them, if they haven’t left yet. “Is there any guards tromping around near here?” The last thing he wanted was to get caught off guard by some captain barking at him for being lazy. Mathis fiddled with his helmet, his eyes still up on the rooftop for any movement.

Strong, broad arms wrapped around him, making Ambra press even closer to Scipio. A hand brushed down her small back, making her feel better. Well, as better as possible. She really couldn't feel better per say. But, believe it or not, Scipio opened his mouth and started to sing. A song about the moon and sun. A song about there being another day. Ambra's tears lessened, but her shoulders still shook violently with sobs. They were silent sobs now, dry, cracked sobs. No more tears fell. She just had no more energy to cry. All of a sudden, she felt dead, like... A dead battery if they existed back then. The day had seeped the life out of her, making her limp in Scipio's arms and wanting to go home. The smell of the body near her was tainting her nose, her smell. She wanted to leave. She wanted to lock herself up in her library and cry her eyes out, throw everything around, destroy the order of the books... "C-can we go home n-now?" she whispered, moving her head to look up at the man. Her hood had fallen, showing her red eyes and her ginger colored hair. "I want to go home... I want to sleep... Or do something else..." Ambra looked to the side when she caught sight of the soiled cloak of Scipio. The white cloth had become gray in the area she put her face on. She softly pulled away, wiping her tears away from her face. As if she had enough, she pulled the hood back up and walked past him weakly, toward the HQ.

Aero made his way carefully through the streets of Rome. He admired the architecture of his ancestors. He worked his way through the older crumbling parts of Rome to a doctor that he knew well. He went down an alley and turned at a rusted gate. He stopped for a few minutes and caught his breath. He was surprised at how far he was able to go in his condition. He continued down the steps which led to a rotting wooden door. He opened it and called into the home. "Torruc!" He called. Aero stepped in further and sat down on a bench that was there. A man walked in and looked at Aero and smiled. "I need some medicine and some crutches Torruc." Aero said.

"What have you gotten yourself into?" The man asked walking to a shelf and grabbing several ingredients.

"A picked a fight with the wrong ceiling." Aero said chuckling. "I'm sorry Torruc, I'm in a hurry, I just need some medicine and a couple of crutches to help me walk." Aero said laying down on the bench to rest.

"Alright, my friend, anything for you. I still owe you much for saving my family from those damned templars." Torruc said.

The walled city finally came into view after two years of traveling and the man who used his spear as a walking stick have a sigh of relief. "Наконец я сделал это." Petro said to himself in his native tongue has he walked through the large gate in the wall that lead into the city and he pulled his hood down lower over his face so that no one would see that he was of he was from the East. He pulled out a piece of Cyprus paper that Altair had given him that told him the location of the Assassin's HQ when he looked at the paper with his Eagle Sense, he looked at the paper and started to head in the direction that the paper told him to go. Petro walked through the streets and drew odd starts from the people that he pasted as they seemed to not get many people from the North-eastern region of the world. The man finally reached his destination and walked through the doorway that was located in the alley and as he entered the door he looked around and drew odd looks from the assassins that were located in the lounge room at the moment. "I look for leaders." He said with a heavy Russian accent as well as struggled with the Germanic words. He received no answer which made him a little frustrated but pushed it away as these people were his family and plus he probably out-ranked almost everyone that was present. He went over to a dark corner and sat down to eat the last of his food that he had brought for his journey as he waited for a Master.

((Translation: Russian: Finally, I made it.))

Edited by monkeyboy225

Lucia nearly froze when she heard the guard yelling from below. "Casio... I think we should practice that at HQ..." Lucia asked. A brush with death was enough, but a Templar? Now he was calling them guards. The fact was, Casio couldn't get in a scuffle. Well, a real one anyway. Lucia wasn't one to let the worry on the outside of her face show, but she was still concerned. Dressed as she was, there would be no doubt that she was an Assassin. Tapping her right index finger on the corner of her mouth in thought, Lucia had to think of a plan. "Mentor? Any ideas on escape?" Lucia was no coward, but this wasn't her forté. Darkness was her friend, shadows her brethren, and blood was her money. Time to plan, time to think this through.

~

Joan couldn't believe her eyes when she entered. Bars, women, good looking men, and as many as courteans as the eye could see. Oh wait. She was an Assassin. "Infine qui!" She said as she stretched out in the sun. Months on a ship with superstitious men that thought she was bad luck really left a girl exhausted. Dangling sailors over the bow did work out your arms. PErhaps it would be best head to the HQ before she tried to find it drunk... yeah. She was a mean drunk. Perhaps she would burst in, smashing the door in the process. It wouldn't hurt to have a little fun with the leaders here. Why not just establish her reputation in a few seconds rather than wait?

((Translation: Finally here!))

Aero left the house thanking his good friend for the medicine and crutches. He walked with more ease now as he made his way back to the HQ. He spaced out as he walked down the all too familiar streets. He came to a while later in an unfamiliar place. How'd I get here? He wondered looking around. He saw two men approach him.

"You there." One said. Templars... Aero thought exasperated. "This is a restricted section. You're going to need to come with us." The Templar continued, holding up a decree from the captain.

"I can't let you do that." Aero said reluctantly. I am in no condition to fight, but I can't afford to be taken anywhere right now. He thought sighing. The templar approached him and reached for Aero's arm. Aero in turn grabbed the man's arm and took his dagger and sliced it across the Templar's throat. Blood poured out from the wound as the man fell to the ground, his white Templar coat now stained as red as the cross on the back. The other man grabbed his sword and charged Aero. Aero didn't even shoot a glance but flipped his hood up, putting bloody hand prints on his sandy colored hood, and grabbed the man's throat, without hesitation Aero released his hidden blade into the man's neck and doing as he had done to countless others, he killed him. Again blood poured out. The man stood there only supported by Aero's arm. Aero flinched and released the man, who fell leaving Aero standing there. He looked up to the sky and rain started to fall. "Whom do you cry for?" Aero asked as rain dropped on his face. He looked back down and closed the two men's eyes. Aero sighed and found his bearings and slowly made his way back to the HQ, his sleeves stained with blood. And now people will question, and I may have to tell them of those two pointless deaths. He thought sighing. He approached the door, now soaked. He stood another moment. Why do I feel so guilty about this? He wondered. Although it was only natural to feel that way, he had killed numerous others, but only his first couple did he ever feel guilty about. He sighed and walked into the HQ, figuring he had time to worry about it.

Casio snickered when the man was calling them guards. Really? I mean, seriously? He felt like leaning over and sticking his tongue out at the Templar. He wasn't even a Templar, he was a... Germanic Guard. He could tell through his innocence. Casio yawned and glanced down at the guard again. There was no way that this guard would climb up to the roof. It was too difficult. Not to mention that it would probably tire him out from chasing two assassins. He snickered and shook his head. Lucia was right. He could be underestimating the guard and before he knew it, the guard could be on top of them.

Thunder rumbled in the distance. Casio froze, glancing warily up at the sky. He... Hated thunder. And lightning. And buckets with water in it. And rain. And all things related to water. He would drink it yes, but never, ever swim in it other than for occasional baths. Which was why Casio... Smelt more... manly than the others, of sweat and blood and other bodily fluids. Bathing for him was something he did once in a blue moon, though no one really complained about his stench. "You know, we should probably just go home and relax." the thunder and lightning creeped him out. Of course, no one really knew about his fear of water. Only he and his shadow. Even Scipio didn't know. In fact, everyone thought that he was afraid of nothing due to his rash thoughts and in your face attitude.

But sadly, even the bravest of warriors like Casio had something to fear.

Scipio was taken aback when Ambra just walked away. What? What was she doing? She wanted to go back to the HQ? Just like that. Standing there, the sky started to rumble. The man sighed after a while and jogged to catch up to Ambra. He knew better than to speak or touch her, but he wanted to. "It's my fault," Scipio whispered, though his voice was none too quiet. The man kept walking with Ambra, though, and when they burst onto the open streets, the rain was pouring down. It battered Scipio and made him cold, wet, and angry. Why did he always have to go and mess things up? He should have killed the damn Templar on sight. He should have stood in front of Ambra and shielded her eyes. But no, no. He had to be the one to make Ambra ruin herself. So, soaked and not in a good mood, Scipio crashed through the doors of the HQ and stormed off towards the barracks. A new assassin tried to console him, but Scipio ignored the poor recruit. He sat on his lumpy, horrible bed with his face buried in his hands. What had he done?

Aelia frowned when the sky darkened suddenly. "I guess we'll have to play later, since the rain's going to come down soon. If we play in the rain, one of us will end up dead or hurt." Aelia looked around, scanning for Templars. Sure that no one had seen or would see them, she jumped down. At that point, a drop fell on her nose, on her head. With those first droplets, Heaven poured down all it's sorrows onto her. The woman stood there for a while, drinking in the coldness, relishing it. It washed away the day, the week. "Qui est in luctum? Cur pluvia emundans Tellus hodie? Quae iniquitas nostra committatur?" she wondered out loud. Yet she knew nothing of what Aelia had done. What Aero had done. What she herself would do. How could she? Aelia was only human.

(Translation: Who is in mourning? Why is the rain cleansing the Earth today? What wrong have we committed?)

Edited by Mousia

Ambra felt the rain come on to her. It was pouring, pouring on her like the sadness that was coming on her. The sky was crying for her. It wasn't like she was being sappy, but she felt like it was. The storm water was already flooding the streets, making the people cry out in shock at the heavy downpour that had suddenly fallen from the sky. Scipio had burst into the HQ, and had stormed off. Now she had disappointed Scipio and made him angry. What had she done? Why did she even come here? Eyes were on her, especially since Scipio had already stormed in and went into the baracks. Tears began to roll down her cheeks, and she sobbed, wanting to break down and just lay there. Bit she had dignity not to do that. She sobbed even more and rushed into the library, crying and wailing echoing off the walls. She couldn't believe what Scipio had said. It was his fault. How could she even blame it on him? It was shameful to blame it on the man who had defended her. "Why?" she cried, ripping off her hood and looking toward the ceiling. She got to her knees, crying more than ever. "Why, God? I knew it would come to this... But it's too soon... Too soon to kill a man..." she whispered, shuddering. She had joined the Brotherhood for protection and family. But to earn that, she would have to spill blood and laugh amongst it.

Aero stepped inside and immediately got the smell of alcohol, sweat and... Urine? Again? These damn underlings need to shape up. Aero rarely thought highly of himself, but he felt it was a responsibility on his part to teach these people to be better Assassins. He sat down and stared at his hands, as he figured, people were asking him what happened. He said nothing but watched as Ambra stormed in, he missed Scipio's rage so he immediately stood to follow Ambra. His hood still up, and his hands still bloodied. He limped into the library and heard Ambra's crying. "Why do your beautiful blue eyes shed tears today?" Aero asked limping into the light of the one candle lit. "What are you sad about?" He added. He walked over and sat down next to Ambra. As he sat down he winced in pain, and when he made it down he sighed in relief. He set his crutches beside him and tried to hide the blood stains on his hands and clothes, thought it was difficult. He looked at her, trying to look into her eyes.

Ambra continued to sob, shaking her head slightly. Her shoulders shook violently, and her sides were so, so sore from crying. She wanted to be alone. Maybe she could back out from the Brotherhood. Ask Aelia if she could leave. She could not be able to kill someone like that ever, ever again. And the disappointment as Scipio stormed into the HQ and went into the baracks. The woman had made him angry. The wonderful smile that crossed his features was replaced with a frown. All of a sudden, Aero stepped in, asking what was wrong. The one candle lit the area around them with a dull light. Ambra glanced at Aero's hands, bloodied with the blood of a Templar, she supposed. "Why mu-must we kill?" Ambra avoided eye contact with the Master Assassin completely. Tears drip onto the floor in front of her as she shivered and choked on her weeping. "... Scipio and I were having fun train-ing... A-and..." her words were pitifully broken by sobs. "A-and we went into the f-forest... And... T-Templar... And... Gonna kill Scipio... I-I took my axe and... A-and..." she raised her hands, which were soaked in red. Her eyes shone with tears behind those bloodied hands, and she sobbed more. "I cut... At him... And he... He died... And Scipio... S-Scipio is angry at me... I cry... For who I killed..." she completely fell apart then. "I cannot kill like that again, Aero-!"

Aero pulled Ambra closer to him. He let her lean on him as he tried to comfort her. "It's ok." Aero said. He could think of no words to comfort her. Anything he said he felt would only make her feel worse. "You're tears are justified. I was much the same way with my first kill. I was pale for a week, the entire first day I spent in my room, with a bucket in my hands. My stomach didn't agree with me. I spent several days in front of a mirror, looking at myself, looking at who I was. I felt like a monster, I told myself I wouldn't kill again." Aero said. "You did what had to be done. There was no winning in this situation. Had you not acted, you wouldn't have the guilt of killing the man, but what of Scipio, would he still have been alive to comfort you as I'm sure he did, then you'd feel guilty for his death." Aero ran his fingers through Ambra's amber hair. He rubbed her shoulder and wiped the tears from her eyes with a cloth from a pouch on his belt. "If I know a Master when his apprentice has just killed their first person I know that Scipio isn't disappointed with you as much as he is himself. Especially with the way you reacted. Seeing you like this probably made Scipio hate himself." Aero paused and thought for a little while. "And I am probably not making this any better and if you would rather me not talk please feel free to tell me to shut up. I've never really had to do this before, so I don't really know what to say. There is so much to say but you're not ready to hear it yet." He said continuing to rub Ambra's shoulder and cheek.

((Holy hell this is hard... I've deleted more content then I have ever had to in my posts... o.o))

Edited by Danniphantom

(Wow. Trippy.)

Scipio sighed at himself. He had really screwed up, hadn't he? Standing up, he wondered if he should go to Ambra. No, she was upset and he could only make it worse. He stood up, shaking with his own pent-up energy. After thinking and shaking for a few seconds, he stalked into the main room of the HQ with purpose. Pacing, Scipio thought of what he should do. The man left the HQ and emerged into the rain. He knew exactly where he would go. Exactly what he would do. The man extended his hidden blade and it glistened in the wetness. He pulled his hood up and ignored the few shop owners that gazed at the man in awe. He was walking through the pouring rain! When the little building crept into view, Scipio sped his pace. Arriving at the door, he knocked three times and was answered immediately. "Scipio!" The familiar voice rang out heartily. "Listen, Alan. I need you to do something for me. If you see a girl, about twenty, with flaming red hair and sapphire blue eyes wearing an assassins cloak, you leave her alone. You make sure no one lays a finger on her." Scipio's voice was firm and shaking with anger and rage. "Why?" The voice was curious, but not questioning. "Because her soul just died today because of one of your goons," he spat. "Of course, of course." The voice that replied was darker and more devious than it should have been, but they both walked away in the end.

No one replied to his question, only a snicker. What did he say? God, did he say something wrong again? Mathis grumbled a curse under his breath. His accent probably muddled his question up. “Whatever, just ignore me,” he growled, stuffing his helmet back over his head. If they’re just going to mock up and leave, then he’ll ignore them. Maybe say a few bad things about them later, but his luck he’d probably never see them again. Oh well, best that way. Thunder echoed across the sky, causing Mathis to look up and curse again. That meant he had to move and possibly get caught trying to find a place to stay dry. Getting up he slung his crossbow over his shoulder before tromping out into the road. Mathis knew of a tavern he could just drink his day away. He just hoped no guards came by to bother him. Rain tapped against his metal armor, not even speeding the man up as he stomped down the road, finally finding the tavern and walked in before the rain got serious. Pulling off his helm, Mathis tossed it onto a table in the corner and sat down. He had a feeling he was going to be stuck in here for awhile waiting the rain out.

Ambra felt Aero brush his hands against her cheek and shoulder. He sure was touching her a lot, but it felt nice; his calloused fingers brushing against her soft skin and amber colored hair. Aero was providing more comfort, and it made her feel... A little better. Aero was right. Everyone had gone through it. Casio, Petro, everyone. Humans were not made to kill each other. The feelings that radiated through their bodies at a kill... Fear, shock, horror, wonder at what they did. Aero was so, so right. If she had not acted, she would of lost Scipio as well as herself. It would be horrible. Ambra, tears streaming down her cheeks, raised her eyes to meet Aero's soft gaze. Her head cocked to the side slightly to lean into his rubbing, and she sniffled. "It's okay." Ambra whispered. Her hand came up to touch his hand softly. Aero and Scipio were so very nice. Scipo and he had comforted her so much. But she still felt... Empty. Dry as a desert. She didn't like it. She wanted to be full again. She wanted to smile and laugh again. But even she knew that would be hard to do. "T-thank you." she whispered. "... It's just that... I don't want to kill anymore. I don't want to hear the sound of someone screaming in pain... I hate the sight of blood..." her eyes went down to her hands, frowning softly. They were covered in blood, and the smell of death radiated off of them. "I feel like I've done something horrible. That Templar probably had a family, with children, with a wife. I tore apart a family."

Aero didn't say anything at first. He couldn't, the words just weren't coming to him. He sat there for a few minutes and just comforted Ambra. He grabbed her hand and held it tightly. "There will come a time when you will come to terms with this. You will realize that the Templars must be stopped, and you will acknowledge the fact that there will be some casualties in order to stop them. They are innocent and doing their job. Is it always right to have to kill them? No, but sometimes it is necessary for the sake of the guild. When they signed on to their forces they knew full well that they might die in combat. Their families knew this, you didn't tear apart a family by doing this, you may have even made them stronger." Aero said. "Let's go for a walk." He said trying to pull her onto her feet. It was still pouring, but he figured getting her up and moving will help. "I can't help you completely, no matter what Scipio and I say or do you will never be able to come to terms because of us, you will have to find your own way to deal with it. And it usually starts with accepting blame, and accepting death as a reality and a part of life." He said.

Edited by Danniphantom

Ambra felt Aero's fingers twist on her hands tightly. The warmth that came off of him was comforting, lovely. His words were soft, but firm and true. The Templar had probably known that he was going to die eventually. That he would take his last breath at the hands of a deadly opponent. The Templars pratically didn't know that the Brotherhood even existed; they never paid taxes and never even married outside of their Brotherhood. She had attended a wedding only once before, and it was a small, small ceremony with few words and wishes for good luck. Not that much money was spent- the Assassins married in their cloak, for no need for wedding dressed or clean cut clothing. The money they spent was on a few flowers and that was about it. Ambra allowed herself to e picked up to her feet, and she gazed at Aero's face. She wanted to smile, buy she just couldn't. Not even at Aero or Scipio. Her body didn't want to smile for a very long time. "Thank you so much." she untwisted her fingers from his grip, letting her hands fall slack and her back slump. "A walk sounds nice." she just wanted to feel the rain. To sulk under it. It was the only thing that understood her anyway. Except for Scipio and Aero. Mosyly Aero. Because if Scipio understood her, he wouldn't have stormed off like that. It made her think that we had broken a promise, if not an oath that she took long ago. Which she did. "C-can we g-get some flowers?" she whispered softly, voice dry from all the crying and devoid of emotion, and not meeting his blue gaze.

Scipio marched back along the streets, though he was going a different way than he had gone before. The man would not run the risk of having his route back to HQ mapped. His clothes were plastered to his body and he was sure that he would wake up with a cough. Still, he took solace in the fact that he'd finally done something right. He'd done something to help someone else. He might have even been proud of himself if the circumstances were different. Scipio saw the HQ up ahead in the dark alleyway and shook himself off before entering. The man made muddy tracks on the ground and left a trail of water, but it was okay. He was okay and Ambra was still somewhat alive. He knew it didn't matter that her body was alive if it was just an empty shell, but it was something. It was better than her being dead. No. That was not true. It was only better for him. He could feel some small sense of accomplishment that she hadn't died. In that thought, he felt extremely selfish. Maybe he was selfish. Maybe he didn't care about anyone but himself. Maybe he should just go to the tavern and get drunk and stay there. Stay there until he died or drowned in his own convulsions. "Hmph," he grunted.

(I think Scipio will get jealous right about now. Just an FYI.)

Edited by Mousia

Aero nodded. "Yes." He replied to her question about the flowers. He walked beside her, matching her pace. He would be there to comfort her until she didn't want him there. "I went to the funeral of my first kill." He said after walking for a few minutes with silence. "It was hard, and I felt like I had no business being there. But I went anyway, I paid my respects and I laid a cross within his coffin. I knew he died defending what he thought was right, and I respected him for that, I wished his family well and left after the burial. I still remember the face of his widow as I left. It only made it harder, but I felt comfort in going, as if this man would forgive me for what I had done. And maybe he has, and maybe he understands, but I won't ever get to find out." He continued. He stepped out into the rain and didn't bother putting his hood up. He walked over to a small puddle and knelt down beside is at the rain created ripples across the small surface of water. He reached in and cleaned his hands before standing up again. "You should clean your hands too, it might not look too great to be seen in public with blood on our hands." He stated looking at Ambra.

((Excellent *even smile*))

Edited by Danniphantom

Scipio was deep in thought when he saw Aero. The man was tempted to say something but...Ambra. Ambra? Ambra! He turned to see the pair walk out of the HQ. Oh, so he had sang to her and Aero could just swoop in and... Good for him..., Scipio thought bitterly. The man stood there for a moment, seemingly drowning in his own self-misery. Aero... I'm sorry, but you messed with the wrong man. Scipio felt like a failure, standing there, feeling bitter and angry and jealous. I am a failure. I will grow up and die alone and no one will care. No one will remember me... Letting a deep growl escape his throat, he burst out of the HQ again, not caring that a crack appeared in the abused door. He took a sharp turn and made off into the shadows, away from Aero and Ambra and his life. He stepped in puddles and on a poor little girl's foot, but he didn't care. A lightning strike suddenly appeared in sync with a roar of thunder and he smiled a bit. He hoped Ambra was scared. He hoped she was unhappy. He hoped she would die alone, too. As for Aero, well, his story would come to an end rather soon if he kept it up. He was always so annoyingly pure. So annoying right. He just wanted to...gah!

Ambra ducked her head when Aero said that they would get flowers. At least they could sooth her, and comfort her when no one was around. She loved their colors, their distinct forms and shapes... But even then they died quicker than they should. In a few days they wilted. Maybe bevause there was only artificial light in the HQ. Her blue eyes went to Aero when he started to speak. He went to the funeral of his first kill? She would never, ever have the heart to do that. She would probably break down and start crying her eyes out. She had prayed for the man she had slain, a quick prayer, asking for forgiveness. But she felt even emptier after those few words followed by the word 'amen'. She stayed quiet. Aero was brave and strong to have gone to the funeral of the one he had killed. She knew that she wouldn't have done that. As they went outside, she brought her hood up and over her head. The rain lessened and became stronger every few minutes, typical Northern rain. Ambra thought again. Should she go to the funeral even though she was an assassin? She would probably be arrested.

Ambra was ripped out of her thoughts when Aero bent down and dipped his hands into a puddle of water, washing his hands from the blood. She nodded at his words. The blood was sticky and it made her hands smell terrible. She dipped her hands into another puddle and washed the blood off, the water becoming a watery red. It disgusted her. Shaking her head, she straightened and looked at him expectantly.

"You're thinking of doing the same aren't you?" Aero asked looking into Ambra's eyes. "It was very difficult. I had to fight many urges to run out and vomit again. But I knew it was the only thing I could do to make up for taking his life. I went dressed in black, I even combed my hair." He chuckled slightly at the thought of his messy, spiked blond hair being combed. "His friends were there, others who were Templars with him. I worried I was going to be discovered as soon as I saw them, but they were in no heart to even bother asking who I was to the man. For all they cared I was another friend mourned by the loss of a pal. I looked it too." Aero said putting an arm around Ambra's shoulder to gently push her to walk with him. He then dropped his arm and walked slowly. The rained lightened up slightly but only momentarily before it started pouring heavily again. Lightning cracked the sky and the boom of thunder sounded throughout the streets of Rome. "How has your training with Scipio been going?" Aero asked trying to lighten the conversation and move off the topic of death.

"I am not going to." Ambra whispered, looking up at Aero before falling silent. She didn't even speak after his finished. She couldn't do it. She was not as strong as Aelia, Aero, or Casio. She was not as brave as Scipio. She was not as cunning and swift and dangerous as Lucia. She was just a woman. A woman in this god forsaken place. A woman who would probably die before she reached thirty. "... Why am I even here?" she asked out loud. She didn't answer any of Aero's questions. She wasn't ignoring him, but she simply didn't want to answer questions about training. That was the cause of her sorrow. "... I shouldn't even be in the Brotherhood. I had no one. No one. So I thought that by joining the Brotherhood I would be part of a family. Part of a new life. To find someone who would love me..." she shook her head. "I know that I will be trained to kill. That I will love to kill. That I would kill people as if they were pigs in a slaughterhouse." she looked up at Aero. No tears spilled, but fear sparked in her gaze. "Is that how everyone is here? Did people really start out like me, but became stronger and willing to kill anyone they needed to? What if one of us betrayed the Brotherhood? Would we be so willing as to kill them? As to kill someone that we lived with all of our new lives?" she was silent for a moment as she approached the flower stand. "I am a shame to the Brotherhood. I am not worthy to be wearing this cloak." she whispered to him before looking at the pretty purple orchids and white tulips.

"No." Aero stopped her. "I don't think anyone in the Brotherhood is willing to kill, I don't think anyone in loves to kill. Even me, after killing countless others for the sake of the Brotherhood still feels sorrow and regret for each and every one. Eventually you learn to accept it. You learn to accept what has been done and accept what must be done. It never makes it easier. I still wonder if I am a monster at times. Killing will never be easy. But eventually your body acts, you know your duty and you know the risks, and so in order to protect those you care for your body will act." Aero said. He watched her look at the flowers. "You are no shame to the brotherhood. I am glad to see this in you, it means that you aren't inhumane like some others. People who kill and enjoy killing are not worthy to be part of this Brotherhood. For how can we trust those who kill and enjoy it? How can we trust that they won't turn on their brothers and kill for greater enjoyment?" Aero asked rhetorically. He walked over and put his arms around Ambra to embrace her in a hug. Like a brother protecting their sibling from the world. He felt remorse for her, knowing she is going through a rough time and will doubt herself because of this. But he knew, like many others and like himself, she would come to terms with her actions, and she won't feel as guilty the next time. "Kill only when you need to. Do that and the guilt lessens. This man's death was necessary to protect someone that you cared about, he died protecting what and who he loved, and he knew you killed him protecting what and who you love."

Edited by Danniphantom

Lucia liked Casio's idea. "Perhaps we can continue this when its not raining. Slick conditions aren't exactly helpful when it comes to hand-to-hand fighting." Lucia could help but sigh in relief at Casio's wanting to get out of the rain. She'd had enough of water for the day. "But we should also get off the rooftops first. I don't want to fall again." 'Mostly because you're not in any shape to be hauling your apprentice off rooftops to begin with...' Plus, if she could blend in with the crowds, it would probably be faster than trying to cross rooftops. Lucia also could feel the depressed atmosphere. Something big had happened, but probably not the death of a colleague. Probably a first kill, and Lucia wondered how they were holding up. Lucia kept a page on her person, just one. The date was about a year ago, in couple days she would probably have to ask to be left alone. Her green eyes drooped a little, but she glanced back down. "I think he left." Lucia stated.