TwilightMoonDragon

Shadows: Whisper | Assassin's Creed

Aero still couldn't manage to sit up by the time Aelia had walked in. He was a little confused about her question and looked at her for a moment, trying to focus his thoughts. "Like I just got kicked in the head by an impossibly strong horse." He said. "What happened?" He asked her, not remembering anything from when he sat down in the chair to when he woke up just moments before. "I feel like, for some reason, that Casio took me out drinking and got me absolutely drunk off my ass. And judging by all these bandages I must have been in a brawl." He said. He was still completely unaware and ignorant of how bad he was actually hurt when retrieving the Greek journal. Of course, he was young, it's to be expected, young people, especially men, thought they were invincible for some reason. He looked at Aelia with his one unbandaged blue-grey eye, which reflected the candle light, twinkling and flickering as the flame did. He was looking for an explanation for his condition.

(I think the word "ass", back then, was used exclusively to mean the sterile cousin of the donkey.)

"You were coughing up blood. You were getting a book from a hidden tunnel and it collapsed on you. Then, you feel on a pile of books," Aelia explained. "You should be sleeping." Aelia approached the younger man, pushing him down by the shoulders. "Trying to sit up and walk around will just make your situation worse." She surprised by how weak he was. It must have really been bad, then. "I just wanted to check up on you." The woman put a hand on his forehead to see if he was with a fever. His forehead didn't feel too hot, but she didn't know the standards in the first place. "Do you remember anything?" Aelia's dark, dark eyes studied his body. Frail due to his being bedridden, but still strong-looking. Ah, the muscles. That came with youth. That and...well, she didn't like to think of those things. Her reckless days were over. She was responsible. She was strong. And respected. She'd worked so hard to reach her status. It crushed her to think of the times when she was younger. So stubborn...

(I think the word "ass", back then, was used exclusively to mean the sterile cousin of the donkey.)

((The phrase still makes sense, if he was riding the sterile cousin of a donkey, anyway, I gotta go...))

Nico was almost to the HQ when he stopped and thought for a moment as he felt the pouch of gold that hung from his hip. He knew there was an orphanage near the HQ that he sometimes visited and looked in through the window to see how the orphans were doing as he could relate as he had become an orphan himself. He finally made a decision to go visit the orphanage just so that he could delay meeting up with Aelia just a few more minutes as he had been avoiding her the last few days so what could another hour or so couldn't hurt. He dropped down from the roof across the street and walked up to the window to look inside to see how all the orphans were doing. He stood there for a few minutes before backing away and putting a pouch of twenty gold coins down in front of the doorway before knocking on the door and than backing away into the shadows and heading back toward the HQ.

When he entered the secret door in the alleyway that led into the lounge area of the HQ he fell down on a couch that was empty and gave a huge sigh as he was tired from sneaking around on roofs as he had tried to avoid the Templar. He took one of the stilettos out of its sheath and stared at the sharpened triangle point which could punch through almost the strongest armor and wondered if he would actually ever use the blade to ever take a person's life.

Ambra growled a curse when her fist hit thin air. Oh my God, what the hell. She couldn't fight properly. Her blue eyes sparked with surprise as Scipio told her to be faster. Faster! She was trying to be! But before she could see his approach, he felt callous hands grip at her waist. Yelping, she wiggled in his grip, trying to wiggle out of his hands. No, his hands were too strong on her body. It almost hurt. No, it did hurt. Ambra whimpered and stared at Scipio with worry in her eyes. She had messed up. She knew that she would not be able to get out of his grip, not if he didn't let go. Ambra whimpered some more and went limp. Maybe he would see that a surrender and she would be able to back off to plan another attack. This move was degrading, but still, it was her last resort. Scipio probably would know what she was doing, and still hang on to her as if it was his life he was clinging to. Ambra wasn't good at fighting. Not at all, no. She was more about tactical approach, no offensive. She was more about defense, not offense. And Scipio had put her down in her weak spot. Maybe that was the lesson; to teach her about her weak spot. But this stank, so very much. She probably looked weak to Scipio, at least more than she already looked.

"C-can you let me go now?" she whispered sheepishly, glancing away with a blush. "I messed up, didn't I?"

Aero relaxed as she pushed him down. "I didn't realize I was injured that badly." He said sighing. "I've been asleep for days though. All I can do is lay here now." He said. "Plus I've been needing to talk to you." He said. He looked up at the ceiling and inhaled deeply. "Firstly, you've seemed quite stressed lately. I wanted to let you know that if I can help with anything to take away that stress then please give me something to help with. It is my responsibility after all." He quickly flashed his blue-grey eyes, or rather eye, at her. "Secondly, I've been feeling like you and Casio have been keeping something from me. Something important that I should be aware of." He said. He was very observant, he could see the slightest of personality oddities that would indicate someone was hiding something, this skill increased miraculously when he used his eagle vision, and he had been, a lot.

Lucia's fist tightened at 'Templar'. She just had to pretend that. He wasn't really a Templar. Lucia waited for a moment after he began to run. Which way was he heading? He was taking a long route, but Lucia spotted a rope over the square linking the opposite ends of an alleyway. It was in the opposite direction, but it would cut across where he was running plus, it was quicker. A quick sprint across and over the rooftops felt so nice. The fresh air rushed past her face as she ducked and jumped over each obstacle. She was just behind him now, she had overestimated her running speed it seems. And her stamina, she was running out of breath, but she wouldn't stop until he was caught. She had to catch the Templar. With a quick shake she remembered it was only Casio. Lucia's fingers reached out, just inches away from his cloak.

Casio flew over the rooftops, his eyes narrowed against the wind that buffeted his face and his hood. His hood nearly flew off of his head, and he kept it on with a hand. He didn't know how fast he was going, or even where he was going. He just knew that he had to beat Lucia. Casio was a master of hand to hand combat on rooftops, and Lucia seemed to have taken a liking to that as well. So better to improve on something that she was already good at so she would be unbeatable at it. He felt footsteps behind him, and he was already tiring out. It was time to shake her off. Swerving around, he did a one eighty turn and ran the other way, toward a building that was far from the roof's edge. Well, it wasn't that far, but far enough to hurt yourself while jumping from one roof to another. Casio smirked as he jumped off the edge. As expected, he clung on to the other roof, but not without his bottom half of his body slamming into the wall of the building. Hissing, he clawed his way up and ran across the roof, hoping that Lucia would be left behind. He would wait for her as soon as he was far from her, and tell her that she did a good job, but she needed to understand the limit of her body. He leapt on a chimney and waited for her, sitting down casually and relaxing. That was quite the run... His chest heaved as he panted, and sweat poured down his body. It was starting to get uncomfortably humid. The bath he took was useless, and that made him curse internally. Now he needed another one.

Scipio grinned at her struggling. She'd need much more practice. "There are things you could do to make me let go. You only messes up by not thinking of them." He lifted her off the ground with and ease that surprised even him. With not too much force, Scipio bent down while also thrusting her towards the earth, just for a little shock, it wouldn't hurt her. Letting go of her, he rose. "Now you chase me." Scipio reasoned that she had to be fast if she was so light and aerodynamic. She couldn't be that bad at fighting. Casio wouldn't let Aelia punish him like that. Making him train someone who never should have been an assassin. Who lacked the skills and couldn't learn them. She was obviously not one to be on the offense and he knew that. He had to exploit it. He had to show her her weakness and frustrate her. He had to make her want to learn on her own. That was the secret, he believed.

Aelia sighed at Aero's stubbornness. He wanted to know on his own schedule. "We're looking for the Book of Altair. It's somewhere in this city and it's hidden in some library. There'll be a page that explains everything. That's it." The woman stood up, clearly annoyed. She stood in the doorway for a few seconds, shaking her head. After that, she slammed the door and made her hasty way down the stairs and into the main room. She immediately picked out Nico, alone, on a couch, from the crowd. Making her way towards him, she worked out the training that she was thinking about. "Training time," she said, standing near the couch. "Or are you too busy lazing around?" He looked rather comfortable, actually... But, alas, training always seemed to get in the way. If she hadn't given herself the apprentice, she probably would have blown him off. She didn't even like being around people.

Ambra complained loudly when Scipio thrust her on to the ground. Ugh, she wasn't any good at this! Ambra was horrible at offense- she knew it. She was better at seeing and tracking down people. She was a thinker, not a fighter. She quickly got up from the round and shook herself off with the dirt and the dust. The ginger woman became silent as she listened to her mentor. So, she was going to chase him. She was even better at running. She was light, fit, and flexible in the air. Not to mention her high stamina. She prepared herself, eyes narrowed and heart determined. She would show her master; she might be weak in hand to hand combat, but she was excellent with chases and more. Ambra dipped her head respectfully. She pulled her arms over her head and sighed as she felt her bones snap back into place. "Ready to give chase," Ambra said with her eyes resting on him. Then, a cocky smirk appeared on her features; rare for one to see on Ambra. "I warn you Master Scipio, you're going to have a bad time running away from me." Ambra chuckled softly and shook her head. Maybe Scipio could run away from her, but she was aerodynamic and very lithe and light, built for raids and surprise attacks. Scipio was built for hand to hand combat and chucking punches and ruining someone's face.

Nico was enjoying his time lounging on the couch as he started to drift off into a nap still with his stiletto in his hand. He quickly put his knife away when he heard Aelia's voice and stood up to bow toward her. "Well being lazy is always fun." He said to her with a smile on his face as he straightened back up. He had always wondered why the lead master assassin had chosen to accept him as her apprentice when she had plenty more people to choose from. He gave her another bow before the smile dropped off of his face. "What shall the training be today?" He asked thinking it would be something very tough. He was feeling very lethargic as he hadn't trained in a few days if you didn't count jumping across roofs as training but at least he had stayed in shape so that he knew he could handle anything that his mentor and master assassin threw at him. He had a goal to become one of the top assassins in their creed and if that meant he would have to kill a few people along the way than that was what he must do.

It was a typical day for Mathis, fiddling with his crossbow in the shadows of a building. It was obvious that he was there in order to avoid the civilians and the guards that would be on the main streets. He didn't want to work, hoping to wait out his day once again in this back street, idling about. The last thing Mathis wanted was to get dragged up into some stupid search for some 'assassins' that always ended in catching some petty thief or finding some dead cat in a ditch. The others guards didn't make it easier, always talking about women, gambling, or short handing some civilian out of cash or piece of fine jewelry. He made well of a job mentioning all their silly flaws at every chance he got, watching their eyes shift nervously and walk away. It was fine by him, he'd rather be alone than with a bunch of annoying people who didn't know the difference between the hilt and the blade of their swords. "Idiots," Mathis grumbled under his breath, tapping his fingers against the smooth wood of his crossbow. Luckily no such idiot has passed his way all day, just a few folks who just happened to live nearby. They didn't notice him there, or if they did, they did their best not to draw his attention to them, avoiding him like he was some sort of monster or something. God he hated his job.

Scipio grinned at her confidence. It was true, he was slow. But he was still smart. It wasn't so much about being simply faster, it was about being confusing. "Count to three before starting," he instructed before taking off. The man started off at a brisk pace, but not too fast. Once his was concealed thoroughly in the shadows and sure that she couldn't see him, he took a sharp right into the forest. He went deeper and deeper into the brush and darkness. Scipio could barely see a few bottle-lengths before him, but it was okay, he knew the woods well enough. He'd lived in them for a short while to escape the Templars that wanted to recruit the boy. Scipio took a short pause to look left and right before going right again. He was left handed, but going left would just take him deeper into the unknown. He knew where he was going. He had studied his route. The man kept his fists clenched, though. Just in case, he had told himself. Just in case.

Aelia rolled her eyes. "We are playing a scrimmage game, today. I call it: Tago." She set a brisk pace out the door and onto a rooftop. She had gone over her game many times, as she had trained many assassins. It was very simple. One person was the larua and the other was the tetigit. The larua had to chase the tetigit and try to poke them. If the larua could catch the tetigit, the round was won by the larua. However, if the round went on for two minutes without the larua catching the tetigit, then the round was won by the tetigit. The player who won the majority of three rounds won the game. Once the game was won, the players had to switch roles. It was a game of her own creation, she believed. Aelia had created it to entertain her and the other assassins when she had been young. It still was enjoyable for her. The happy nostalgia made the assassin smile, even on the dreariest of days.

(Translations:)

(Tago=Touch)

(Larua=Ghost/Poker)

(Tetigit=Touched)

Ambra smiled more at Scipio's grin. His smiles and laughs were extremely contagious, even to her. Casio's were too. It was funny; they were the most foolish people around and yet they spread happiness around the HQ. She watched as Scipio disappeared into the shadows of the forest, and counted to three. One... Two... Three... Ambra smirked and followed after him, gasping at the sheer darkness of the woods. Yes, she had forgotten that the Holy Roman Empire was known for the black, black forests. Scipio wanted to test her mind. Great, she would have to use Eagle Sense for this. She couldn't make out anything. She sighed, closing her eyes and opening them again, eyes taking in everything with intense focus. The scent of Scipio was still in the air, and... Yet, she wasn't sure which way he went. The scent was spreading out, almost fading, so she would have to make quick work of this. Instead of following his scent, she thought ahead. She would turn at the right before the right he took. It would probably cut off his route. And so, Ambra shot forward, turning right, and left, and staying straight. She would catch Scipio in no time. But to her frustration, he Eagle Sense died after only minutes of using it. She could never concentrate on Eagle Sense for long. Ambra heard footsteps coming her way. Aha! There was Scipio! But an aggressive grunt sounded when she sped toward him. Something unsheathing. Templar! Ambra couldn't believe it. How could someone patrol so deep in the forest! Ambra could do nothing else by shriek loudly. Maybe Scipio would come to her rescue. Maybe not.

A smile spread across the young assassin's face as he had other older assassins talk about a certain game called Tago which he had always wondered what it was. He was excited to finally learn what this game was, but knowing Aelia he didn't know if the game was going to be tough or a relaxed training exercise. He followed his mentor out onto the rooftop and blinked away tears from the bright light that blinded him for a few seconds before he could pull his hood farther over his face to shield away the sun's rays. "Don't worry Master. I am confident that I will pass this training exercise with flying colors." He told her with a gleam of white teeth as he gave a broad smile from the shadows of his hood. His good mood was also due to the fact that he was training with one of the best looking assassins in the entire creed even though she was ten years or so his senior.

Lucia wasn't going to be beaten that easily. Casio barely made that jump, but in her frustration of losing him, she temporarily forgot her heaving breaths, her tired body, and jumped. Her fingers just barely reached the ledge. The tips of her fingers caught, and her flailing legs scrabbled for a purchase. Out of breath and strength, she managed to grab a window with her foot. It steadied her grip, but the roof was so wet... a quick push up with her foot set her leaning with her elbows over the roof all she had to do now was scrabble up. Undignified, but it would get her up there and keep her from ending up battered and bruised like Aero. She did not want to fall on anyone either, since that would be almost worse. The slick roofs weren't helping, and as she tried to grab the roof with her left hand, her elbow fell to her side and Lucia swayed a bit. If she could just get her footing again... She reached her foot down, stretching it down as far down as she could get she tried to grab the ledge again. Just, she just needed to raise herself above the ledge. If she fell, she would not be up for weeks. She couldn't afford weeks lost to injury. She raised her right hand, clawed and used her fingernails to push herself up. Her foot was still scrabbling for the window, just missing it by mere inches. As far as Lucia could see, her foot was just missing her climbing point, and all she had to do was grab it again. Her fingers were slipping, slowly, but surely.

Casio yawned softly when Lucia clung to the roof, her fingers slipping. Of course, he would not be cruel enough to let her fall to the ground, and already, it was a high way up. If she fell, he would have to carry her home and Aelia would yell at him from the top of her lungs. Mistreating his apprentice! Setting high expectations so soon! Being reckless and heartless to let her fall! He shook his head, bringing his arms high above his head and shaking his head in a stretch. The roof was slick with water, which made him edgy already. But at least it didn't seep through his shoes... Leaning down, he grabbed her by the collar of her hood, and brought her up, trying as best as he could to help her. Of course, if she fidgeted, she would cause a harder time for him. And she could slip and fall back down. "You must not do that again." Casio said. He was feeling tired, even more so now. That final leap had wasted all of his energy, and he felt wetness seeping underneath his cloak. He had torn open his wounds again, and Aelia would surely give him hell. They had been sealed last time he checked, and now they were re opened and be was tempted to scratch at his wounds. They were so, so uncomfortable. "If you cannot do a jump, you must look for another way around." he cocked his head to the right for a moment, showing a small gap between the building they leapt from and the building they were on. "You could of jumped from there. And of you were really chasing a Templar, you would either be pushed down or fall down." his blue eyes darted to the ground. A Tempar was there, with a crossbow. Casio growled and backed away. Hopefully the man had not seen them.

[That was Mathis BTW. ^^]

Lucia bit her tongue. She had gone over her limit. She was so pathetic. This was why she needed to become stronger. A loop around would have taken longer, but it wouldn't have been nearly as dangerous. "Yes... mentor. I... overestimated myself it seems." Always too quick to overestimate, always too quick to let her ego flourish. She was an apprentice, not some master. Casio's head pointed toward the small gap between two buildings. A far safer jump. Lucia noted it and drew her gaze to her shoes. In doing so, she saw a Templar. What if he saw her hanging from the roof? What if he tried to shoot them? Had she blown their cover? Casio looked like he wasn't ready to fight this Templar, and Lucia definitely wasn't going to take the shot with so many people around him. To sum it up, it was terrible. Lucia quickly followed her master's suit and backed away.

Scipio took a break, not hearing the heavy footfalls behind him. What was going on? He closed his eyes, not even using Eagle Sense. Letting his mind rest from processing what his eyes were seeing would allow it to process the other senses in more detail. Ah, it was hopeless. Eagle Sense awakened, Scipio turned around. There! Seconds before hearing her, he felt her pulsing radiation. Her energy. Opening his eyes, he set off. As he heard her scream, he started to run. Where? Where was she? Keep going, he thought, feeling the pulse against his skin. Seeing Ambra, Scipio charged from the bushes. "Nice try, bum," he grinned before throwing a punch. "Perhaps you should consider fighting someone worth your while." The punch threw another fist at the man's jaw. Hmm, he shouldn't have angered Scipio at such a...delicate...time. No, not when the memories were still fresh in his mind.

Aelia grinned at his remark. "Ah, but I invented this game. You know how to play? Or should I explain?" Some of her previous apprentices had learned from other assassins and had practiced beforehand. Everyone was different, though. Yes? Yes, that was correct.

She knew that some apprentices, especially men, had underestimated her athletic abilities before. It seemed that, though she was respected, she was still looked down upon by some. Cocky... It was never a good trait; being cocky. It was like losing before the game had even started.

Aelia was lost in thought. Should she choose to be the tetigit or the tarua first? Should she let Nico choose? Ah, it was best not to get ahead of herself. Though, she wanted to test him. Being the tetigit first was good, then. Mind made up, Aelia returned to attention. Nico still had to respond.

Edited by Mousia

Casio nodded his head, glad that Lucia had realized that she did something wrong. If she was herself, she would of yelled at him. And Casio would want nothing else to be yelled at. Nothing else. He was already being yelled at by Aelia and she always burst his eardrums. Casio do this! Casio do that! Casio clean the barracks! Who the hell would want to clean the barracks?! She knew better than to give him a broom and to sweep. He hardly did anything else. He usually drank, and smoked strand things, but he never cleaned. That was a women's job! Casio sighed and peered softly over the edge once more. He hoped to God that the Templar didn't see him. He wouldn't be able to fight properly because of his freshly bleeding wounds and the bandages scratching against the wounds themselves. The Italian man looked around, trying to figure out what they were going to do next. "How about some hand to hand combat, then?" he asked, looking over the black haired and green syed woman. Lucia was innocent. So was Ambra. Scipio and him had spoken over their training. Two lovely women. They would ruin them. It would be horrible. To see the light die from their eyes, becoming deadpanned. Believe it or not, Casio could be dark at times, and other times he could be murderous. Well, thankfully, he didn't feel like committing a murder at the moment. Just training. "Okay, take a shot at me!" Casio said, taking a defensive position and narrowing his eyes against the wet wind that was blowing in. Hopefully they would be done by the time the rain came. And Casio didn't like rain. Or any kind of water.

The vicious, hazel eyes that flashed from the helmet that the Templar wore. Ambra could hardly dodge the blow that came toward the head with a broadsword. The hell! That could of killed her! The sword came at her again, and she yelped as it tore a hole in her cloak. Oh God, now she would have to sow it! The Templar seemed to see that she was not eager to fight and smirked. The sword came at her again, but then a punch made him back off. Scipio was here to save the day! But then another punch came, and the Templar had raised his sword. There was limited room for Scipio to move, and she was not about to let Scipio die at the hands of a Templar guard. And so, Ambra withdrew her Bartolomeo's Axe and approached the fighting Templar. She was shaking half to death. She would have to do this. Raising the axe, she screwed her eyes shut and slashed if at the guard. A cry sounded, and she continued slashing with the axe, blood splattering the ground and her uniform. Ambra gasped at the wetness. Blood. The limp soldier lying at her feet. She stared at Scipio, blue eyes wide with fear and shock at what she had just done. "I-I killed him," she whispered. "I killed him, Scipio..." she felt like crying. Of course, she was not going to do so in front of Scipio.

Scipio was just about ready to kill the Templar himself when...what? Ambra was swinging her axe again and again and again. No...Ambra, he thought. Ambra told him that she had killed the Templar and he nodded. The man sighed shakily and drew closer to her. "I know you did. It was the right thing to do. Thank you." Scipio couldn't help but feel bad for Ambra. She had no one to blame but herself. She had bloodied her hands for the first time and that blood would never wash off. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." He knew she would see the world in a darker shade. A world of black, white, and red would follow. Then the spiral of guilt. The tears and the fear. Then the numbness, denial, acceptance. Her world would be turmoil. It would be a void of death and darkness. Perhaps even a bit of depression. It was really a sad change of fate. "Come here...," he said gently, arms open to her. She was obviously upset and afraid. Training might even stop for the day, for the week.

Ambra had to kill the man. She had to. If she didn't he would of killed Scipio. To kill Scipio... That man was way too nice to be killed. Ambra stared down at the Templar and saw the man bleeding out. She was worried that she hadn't killed him, that he was still breathing, but that was just the movement of the blood soaking his white clothes. That man... He probably had a family. The kiss that he had given his wife at the beginning of the day was his last. Ambra couldn't believe that She just tore a family apart. She wasn't even listening to Scipio. She dropped her axe on the floor, and looked down at her hands. They were stained with the man's blood. With the man's life. The whole world stopped around her. Even she knew that it was too soon for her to be killing. Way too soon. She was supposed to train. To keep happy at least a whole longer. But no. She had raised her hands to defend and she killed. Her head raised back to Scipio. He was sorry. He was so sorry. She had thrown herself into an endless abyss of fighting and death, and she knew it. Even Scipio had opened his arms to her. He was closer than before. That was when Ambra broke down. She needed the comfort. The brotherly love. The pity. She started to keel over in guilt and despair, shivering and sobbing and crying furiously. She didn't want to take lives like that. But she had vowed to. She would live, kill, and die. That was what the Brotherhood was about. Sobbing more, she threw herself into his arms and buried her face into his chest, shoulders shaking with pain and suffering of killing a man. "I-I... K-killed him.."

Edited by TwilightMoonDragon

Aero sighed as Aelia walked out, or rather stormed out. He waited a little while and decided he couldn't take just lying around anymore. He groaned as he forced himself to sit up. It was very tiring work but he was strong, and he knew this. He wouldn't overwork himself though, he wasn't stupid. He would take it easy, but laying in his bed with nothing to do was boring. He panted as he was finally able to put his feet on the floor again. "Now I just hope no one comes in and pushes me down again." He stated as he looked at the door. There was a bottle right next to the bed, alcohol. Wonderful, he needed to quell the pain enough so that he could move. He knew that he couldn't numb himself too much or he could hurt himself without knowing. He grabbed the bottle and chugged a quarter of it. "That should do." He said slowly lifting himself to his feet. He tried to walk but failed, luckily catching himself on his nightstand. He needed a crutch, but he didn't know what to use. He looked around and decided his bed post no longer had a purpose as a bed post. He broke it off with his sword and carved it hastily into a crutch before walking to his wardrobe, getting dressed and walking out. If Aelia told anyone to keep me in my bed I'm screwed. He thought making his way carefully down the stairs.

((Anyone is welcome to rp with me, I'm free... But I have to go for the night, I'll post in the morning though, if anyone wants to.))

"I know, I know." Scipio wrapped his arms around Ambra and she disappeared. The poor woman. The guilt. She had crumbled with guilt. Ah, but that was not the worst. It was the knowing. She would kill more people. She would take more lives. Scipio rubbed her back with a calloused hand and let her soil his cloak again. It was not the time to be obsessing over details. Her world had just fallen. He knew that they should get moving, but with Ambra in such a delicate position, he didn't want to wilt his flower further. At her sobs and shakes, he sighed. He really had ruined her.

"Hush, mia cara

Anche se il giorno è oscurato

Anche se il cielo è caduto

Il sole continua a salire domani

La luna continua a salire questa sera

Hush, mia cara

Anche se si sono sconvolti

Anche se lacrime e sangue cadono

Il sole sorgerà domani stil

La luna continua a salire questa sera," he sang. It was a little lullaby he had heard once. Vaguely, he remembered an elderly grandmother singing it to a small baby. He had been just a boy, then.

(Translation:)

(Hush, my dear

Though the day has darkened

Though the sky has fallen

The sun will still rise tomorrow

The moon will still rise tonight

Hush, my dear

Though you are upset

Though tears and blood are shed

The sun will stil rise tomorrow

The moon will still rise tonight)

The smile fell off of Nico's face as he realized that he actually had no idea how to play Aelia's game as he had only heard the other assassins talking about how well they had done or not done but never how to play it. He would hate to admit this to have to admit this to his master but he knew he would have to. "I'm sorry Master, but I actually do not know how to play your training game." He said with a bow to try and humble himself hoping that that would compensate for his previous cockiness. He wondered what kind of game it would be though he did understand the Latin word Tago which he knew meant touch though he wasn't very versed in Latin. He preferred to either stick with his Sicilian Italian or the Germanic tongue which he thought was still hard enough but some how managed to survive with his german in this city.