TwilightMoonDragon

Shadows: Whisper | Assassin's Creed

(Right, right.)

(It may end up as a short post. If it does, don't reply 'cause I'll add to it.)

Scipio ruffled his hair and sighed before he saw a little woman entering again. "Good, I suppose. Later in the day, Casio and I will be out. Someone will keep a very close eye on you. For now, I'm going out again. Tell Aelia not to look for me, eh?" The man pushed past Ambra and Casio with a smile. Turning to face Casio, he paused. "Let us go tomorrow, you are right." And so, the man opened the door and left, though he only climbed the wall and st on the edge of the roof, leaned on the domed top. The wind soothed his aching body. It felt likes waves. Washing over him. Cleansing his soul and his body. Hoping no Templars were out he closed his eyes. He wouldn't be surprised is Ambra followed him. He would actually be surprised if she didn't. He could see that she wanted forgiveness. Ah, but she would work for it or prove her worth in some other way.

[Thats good.]

Ambra blinked when Scipio said that her objects were good. Well, that was a relief. She rubbed her sore neck and face. When she had tried to steal the flower, it seemed that it was rather expensive and they attacked her. They punched her face a few times before she was actually able to run away. Scipio walked away, saying that he was going out again, and Casio nodded at him. "We'll be out in the morning." Casio said, dipping his head. With that, the blond looked at the woman, and he motioned for her to leave. So she was allowed to go out? Okay... Placing her stolen objects to the side, she followed Scipio and climbed up with him. She knew that he was expecting her. She could feel it. And so, she climbed up to the dome ceiling and leant against it with a sigh. Her eyes remained closed as she felt the wind carressing her body. Her chest rose and fell a bit rapidly as she regained her breath. Perhaps she could speak to him? Her eyes went to the man resting alongside her. Another long silence, filled with resting and breathing and the wind whistling through the city. "Master Scipio." she finally dared so speak, dared to part her lips to her master. She allowed another silence pass between them. She didn't know what to say. "Roma is a wonderful place isn't it? The beautiful scenery surely gives her a beautiful form."

Scipio crossed his arms, eyes still closed. "What makes you think Rome is a woman?" His question was a digging one. He had punished her enough in the span of time. She was still a weak person and Scipio didn't want to break her. No, she had to bend. She had to whine and strengthen over time until she was steel. But she had to feel. She had to be...bronze. Pliable, but firm. Yes, bronze. She had to be armored. "Ambra. What you did made me angry. I am still angry. That doesn't change the fact that you don't have to feel guilty. It doesn't change the fact that you were going to break sometime. Be confident. That is all I will teach you. The rest is what you already know. The rest is just teaching you to use your instincts. You will find that, no matter how much I teach you attacks, you will never catch on. Trust. Yourself." With that, the man fell silent. His eyes hadn't opened through his whole speech and still hadn't.

Ambra flinched internally at Scipio's question. She didn't know what made her think that Rome was a woman. The people called Florence, Venice, Tuscany a woman... So Rome should be called a woman as well. It was soemthing that was sacred. Calling a city a woman when one was proud. She did not dare to look at Scipio at what he said. His rumbling, deep voice that was filled with experience and... Well... Lesson. What she had done was wrong. She knew that. But Scipio said that she had to trust in herself, and that was all he had to teach her. The rest was instinct. Ambra was always too thoughtful. She thought before she acted. What she learned was that she had to leap before she thought, relying on her instincts. "... I did not mean to get you angry, Master Scipio. I simply went out to get some flowers with Aero and... We went out to drink. I was planning to go straight to sleep, but... He coaxed me upstairs." she dared to look up at the taller, older man. "... Do you hate me for doing so, Scipio? I do not like you to be angry at me. It makes me feel... Weird. " she left it at that and looked down at Rome again. She spotted Casio looking around for someone in the city. She thought it was going to be Aelia since he always hung out with her, but the man noticed Aelia walk by and didn't say anything. Probably looking for Lucia. She was probably dozing off somewhere. "And I wonder how the mission is going to be tomorrow."

"I know what happened. I know, I heard. I hear a lot of things, actually. I wanted to believe it wasn't what I thought it was. I wanted not to be angry. But things never work out for me. Things don't seem to work out for any of us, but I can only speak for myself." The man sighed. "No, I do not hate you. I resent your actions, but I do not hate you as a person." A gentle smile crossed his face. But a distant one. A sort of sad expression. "It's funny how you are naive." A chuckled escaped his lips as he stood. "I'll teach you how to move with your eyes closed later." He jumped down onto the ground, hearing the people below him and all around. As he entered the HQ, he opened his eyes, making his way to the barracks and laying down in his bed. "I did good," he told himself as his eyes bore into the bunk above him. As he smiled, he closed his eyes and fell asleep, though it was only morning.

[Timeskip then?

* Note This will only affect Casio, Ambra, Scipio, and Aelia. Everyone can continuing doing what they are doing.]

[Okay.]

Ambra yawned, leaning against the back of her mentor who rode the horse in front of her. The four of them had woken up at dawn and got on their stolen horses. Two for all of them. She looked up as she saw Casio riding on a horse with Aelia in the back; she was in the back of the horse Scipio was riding. She clung to him loosely with her arms around his lower torso and she felt his muscles ripple with the movement of the horse. She sighed and pressed her cheek against his back. She was happy that he didn't resent her. But he resented what she did. She looked ahead. They were nearing a small shack on a farm. She blinked in confusion as she perked. Was this what Casio was excited about?

"We're here." Casio got off his horse and made his way inside the rotten building. Ambra furrowed her brow and got off Scipio's horse as well, following the man and walking into the building as well. The smell of animals and rotten food reached her nose, and she wrinkled her nose in silent complaint. She watched Casio walk to the back of the home and pull a stone grate off of to the side. Ambra blinked in confusion. "Look at this."

Ambra walked to the man and looked down the hole that had been revealed. Air woodshed against her face, cold, fresh, musty air. Caverns..? That was what spanned under the city?! Before she could say anything, Casio slipped into the hole, and lowered himself down. The blond climbed down the sides and sighed as he reached stone floor. Casio glanced around. There was a slope down there... They had to be careful... And it was wet, so if they fell, they would die. There seemed to be a massive drop afte that slope... "Come on! Check this out!"

Scipio sighed, tired and almost falling asleep. The man didn't like the up and down motion of a horse and Ambra was leaning on his tired back. "Urg...," he groaned. The trip was taking so long. Couldn't they have waited 'til noon? The sun was just rising, though he had a feeling he wouldn't feel the warmth or light of it for a while. He saw an old building. A very, very old building. It was degraded by plants and from being uncared for. Casio exclaimed that they had arrived and Scipio hopped off the horse after Ambra. When Casio hopped down, Scipio was tempted to go after, but he wanted to let the women down first. "Need help, Ambra?" He waited for a reply, as she seemed hesitant to enter the caverns. He at least need to offer his help.

Aelia had insisted on commanding the horse, but Casio ended up mounting first. So she sat sidesattle, holding Casio's waist, alert and watching for any sign of change. They seemed to be going into the outskirts of Rome. The farmlands. So that was where the entrance to the caverns were. When they arrived, Aelia slid off the horse and looked around. "No Templars so far..." As she entered the house, she saw Scipio and Ambra. Casio had probably gone down already. She held on to the edge of the hole with her fingers before dropping down near Casio. When she regained her balance on the slope, she looked around. "I'll feel around her and see if there's anyone around before we go on." And so, the woman felt the familiar feeling. The sudden energy and alertness. "No one but us, I think."

Ambra blinked in surprise when Aelia dropped down the hole as well. She shifted slightly. That hole sure was dark and she couldn't see anything at all. The woman shook herself out and sniffed. She fully heard Scipio behind her asking if she needed help. Ambra smiled at him before shaking her head. "No, I'm okay, I guess." swallowing roughly, she slipped through the hole and began to lower herself down, sniffing liudly. This place was really musty. She dropped down next to Casio and Aelia and looked up at the hole again. "Master, it isn't really that far of a drop." she smiled softly.

Casio watched Aelia carefully, and narrowed his eyes with a curt nod. No sign of any enemies said that they shouldn't rush their mission. Walking over to the slope, he looked down. "This seems like the only way out." Casio looked at the group he had gotten. "It seems to open up to a cliff ledge. We have to ease our way down little by little. It is slippery and dangerous." he told them. He took a step, and made sure that he had a good grip before taking another step, and another. Oh God, this was terrifying. He started to pray under his breath.

[Mousey, the plot starts now? xd.png]

He kissed her. The freaking Templar kissed her. Her face becoming beet red and wrestling against the restraints, Lucia tried to back away. When she couldn't escape, Lucia tried to bite his lips. She would rather that he tried to beat up than this... whatever this was. "You righteous ass! What made you think I would take kindly to someone shoving their tongue down my throat?" She snapped around a mouthful of Templar. Lucia then also tried to head butt him, anything to make him stop. She hated it, the feeling of knowing she was helpless. The fact that he could do what he wanted with her. This act only amplified her already lonely and empty feeling. She couldn't punch him, she couldn't move, she just had to sit there and suffer. Sit there and wait, until she was a glad death came. She was almost glad that someone might be looking for her. Her hope was only dowsed by the fact that she would die before they ever found her.

((No prob, I can work with this.))

(Yep.)

After everyone else was down, Scipio lowered himself down sloppily. He was still a bit hungover, so he couldn't be all too precise. The man made it down okay, though. He saw Ambra and Casio and Aelia. Casio was already making his careful way down the slope. He looked sort of worried, so Scipio took careful steps too. He was behind his friend, but catching up, gaining confidence. The man was careful to bend his knees and extend his arms below him in case he slipped. He could feel the ground below him moving, so he dug his boot into the mud and went on more slowly. "Slippery...slippery........." Scipio kept slowly going. He slipped a bit, but caught himself before falling. "Whew. That was close. Eh? Casio...do you even know where we're going? How can we be sure this isn't a mistake?"

Aelia saw Casio start going down the slope and Scipio followed soon after. She grinned to Ambra. "And they say women are weak." The woman proceeded on, only going a bit slower than she would normally walk. She passed Scipio, still smiling stupidly. It was easy! What were they making such a fuss over? She saw the blond hair in front of her and grinned wider. When she passed Casio, she laughed. "It's not so ba-" Her words were cut short. As she slipped, she could not react fast enough. So she fell. As she did, time seemed to slow. She could hear the wind blowing past her ears. She would feel her body crashing down. She could see things slurring and blurring together as she descended. She could smell the wetness and grime. She could taste the bitterness of rotting things in the air. She hoped Casio could react fast enough to catch her, but she decided that fate had something planned for her. If she were to fall down to her death, so be it. If she were to be rescued, so be it. So Aelia accepted it.

"When you steal make sure that you watch around, create a distraction if you can. More often than not though just rely on stealth. If you can't fully take their coin purse then cut it open and let it poor out. But make sure that if you move it too much hide your intentions and wait to make sure they aren't suspicious. If they are, move on. This is a good enough crowd right here. Steal the contents of 10 coin purses of the people in the back row. It's a large crowd it should be enough as well as having room for error." Aero said sitting down on a bench to watch his apprentice. "Remember to keep an eye out for anyone who may be watching, use Eagle Sense if you need to." Aero added watching slowly. He was curious how his apprentice would do. "Anything you get will come back to me and be put in the Guild's funds." He said.

((Short post, sorry, school tomorrow gotta go, just didn't want RD waiting))

Edited by Danniphantom

[Funny Scipio being all slippery.

FYI, I'll be on from 2:30 to 9:00 EST for school.]

"Aelia-!!"

The shriek from the red haired woman prevented Casio from either answering Scipio or retorting to Aelia. In a moment, the woman had flung over the edge, where he knew that she would plummet to her death as long as he didn't do anything. So Casio flung himself over the edge, for an instant free falling like Aelia was. He would catch her. He would save her. He couldn't lose another friend. Gritting his teeth, he dove, as if he were an eagle plummeting down to catch his prey or an experienced swimmer diving into water. Faster and faster he went, until the wind made him deaf and he passed right by Aelia. There, now he had to think quick and look for a ledge to snag hold of. Ah! There was one. It seemed like an abandoned arch... Like a stone bridge or something of the sort. So Casio clung to that and lashed out with a hand, snatching Aelia's wrist before she could plummet past him. He cried out harshly as his arm was pulled down with harsh force due to Aelia having been falling. Oh... He hoped that he didn't dislocate that... "Got... Y-you..."

"Waaaaahhhhhhh!

A silence after the cry, and again a violent jerk on his arm. Casio groaned in pain and gripped at the ledge harshly with one hand. He looked over Aelia and saw a head of ginger. Ambra had fallen too? What was next, Scipio falling? He immediately took that back. "Ca-Casio! I don't know what happened to Master..." Ambra said, voice shaking as she clung to Aelia's leg, swaying beneath her. "I don't know if he fell or not.."

[sorry if this seems a bit moddy.]

The Templar hissed when teeth met his mouth, backing away from her while his hand was over his lips. He was pretty sure that he was bleeding. Pulling away, he saw that he was indeed bleeding from gb mouth. Oh, she would pay. His green eyes wavered over to the woman, and he bristled angrily. She would definitely pay. She tasted disgusting. "You taste like sewer, like a piece of garbage," he snarled out, his words dripping with venom. He removed his belt from his trousers and walked over to the only candle lighting the room. It was a dreary place, this holding cell, made of stone and cement all around. "I am warning you again. Tell me the information, and I will let you go with all of your fingers still attached to your hands." he warmed up the buckle in the fire for a bit, running his hand through his hazel hair with a sigh. "What I don't understand is that," he turned toward her with the buckle radiating an ember light. "Why are you assassins so... Dumb? Can't you see? The whole town is against you. How do you plan on doing anything? Tell me. Tell me all of your comrades' secrets and," he lifted the buckle up to her face, fingers griping the leather belt in order not to burn himself. "This buckle will not burn your pretty face."

Edited by TwilightMoonDragon

Aelia felt the wind blow by her. Closing her eyes, she waited. She waited for something. For death. For salvation. For a miracle. Suddenly, there was a sharp tug on her wrist and she was hanging. Looking up, the woman saw Casio holding onto her. When she had just gotten comfortable, she felt another sharp pull on her leg. Wincing at the pain, she saw Ambra hanging on for her life. After hanging for a while, she felt a crag below her. Placing her free foot on it, she put her weight on it. "Casio, you can let go of me, now..." Looking down, there was a vine growing that look strong enough for Ambra to put her foot on, but she definately couldn't stand on it. But it was dark. So very dark. There could have been something that she hadn't seen for Ambra to stand on.

Scipio saw Aelia fall and too in a sharp breath. Before he could do anything, Casio leaped off the cliff. Shortly after, Ambra fell down too. The man crouched down and held onto the cliff. Looking down over the edge, he saw that all three were okay. Casio looking in pain as he supported the weight on all three of the and Aelia was standing on something. He could barely see Ambra, but the man could make out her vibrantly colored hair. Standing shakily, he jumped and grabbed onto the next mass of ground. Luckily, it was just cold stone, so he used his legs to drive himself up so that he could climb on top of it. "If you three can make it up I can help you across. Or you could try to climb up this side of the cliff." Scipio felt a bit helpless, just leaning over the edge of the cliff and looking down. The man hoped everyone would be okay, though. Feeling himself slipping, he gripped onto the edge of the ground tighter. "Are you all alright?"

Casio huffed under his breath as he looked around for anything they could hang on to. Aelia was saying that he could let go but he didn't dare to. He wasn't about to let her go. If he did, she would surely fall to her death. And he couldn't allow that to happen. He couldn't replace that tough and stern and loyal woman he had trained alongside with. "N-no, I'm holding on to you two a bit longer. At least until I can find someplace to put you..." he blinked up at Scipio. He seemed somewhat safe up there... Sniffing in pain, he looked for where the two women could climb up to Scipio. Ah. There was the remanants of an old platform, wooden and rotten. They could stay on that. "See that platform?" he looked down at Ambra and Aelia. "I'm going to swing you guys over there. At the count of three, you jump. If you trust me, you'll jump right on to that platform and be able to climb up to Scipio." he looked up at his friend. "We're alright. They'll jump over to that platform under you and I'll try to jump after them." he grunted slightly as he swung his lower body, trying to gain interia. "Ready? One..." he started to say as he swung faster, "Two, three!" and Ambra grunted as she jumped off at the count, and landed neatly on the platform.

"I'm okay!"

"Okay... Aelia, it's your turn. One, two... Three!"

[sloppy post is sloppy. Homework.]

At the count of three, Aelia let go. As she flew through the air, she could feel the pain before it came. "Uh!" she exclaimed as she hit the stone above the platform. As she plopped onto the wood, she heard it groan. The woman stood and started to climb. She grabbed onto vines and rocks and, when she reached the top, she climbed over and laid on her back. "Urgh...," she groaned. Aelia held her left side with her right arm. "You overshot me, Casio..." She sat up, still gripped her side. "Now I'll have to clean myself up when we get back to the HQ." As she took her arm away, one could see the blood on her arm and progressively staining her white dress. She knew she would be okay, as the pain was not unbearable, but it did hurt. The burning was considerable. Standing up, she looked down. "Can you get up, Casio?" She held her side again, but still smiled. She liked to be above him. Literally. She liked to be on a higher surface than him. She liked to feel like he was at her mercy, even if he wasn't.

(It's fine. I have no HW. I got to finish it in Study Hall. xP)

Edited by Mousia

[i got homework at the last minute. xd.png]

Casio sighed as Aelia let go. Now he could relax. But the woman was complaining loudly as she said that he overthrew her. Really? He simply swung her. She threw herself. Yet, he couldn't help but feel concerned as he saw the russet welling up under her silky and delicate looking cloak. Ambra climbed up after her, seeming shaken up after her fall. Casio blinked. Now how was he getting over there? He looked around. He couldn't climb to the side or up; there were no foot or handholds to grab on to. He looked down at the vine he had caught Aelia looking at. Too delicate for him to even lean on. He grumbled curses in Latin. He was stuck. "I... Think I'm stuck." he muttered gruffly. They would never let him forget this. The mighty master Casio! Stuck, dangling on a rock! He snorted, about to laugh at himself, but something under his hands shifted and his amusement soon turned into pure horror.

The ridge he was holding to was crumbling under his grip.

Casio knew he had to act, and fast. His eyes frantically searched for anything else that he could possibly hold onto, but it was too late. The rock crumbled into little pieces and he was gripping at air itself. And so, he fell. He fell and fell, until he disappeared from Ambra's view, who had looked down at the sound of rock falling apart.

"Casio!" she knew that he would die. He probably hit ground already. He was probably laying at the bottom of the caverns, crumpled and bloody in a heap of red, mangled cloth. Tears spilled over her cheeks and she started to cry. "Casio! Casio!" she dropped to the platform again, and rushed towards the edge. She ignored the threatening groan it have as she tottered to the edge and peered down. "Casio! Casio!" she cried, sobbing frantically. There was no way that they could of lost him.

(I'm a bit rushed, so I'll just post as Aelia. Just assume Scipio is shocked and yelling in German.)

Aelia watched as Casio fell. "Casio!" She threw herself over the edge and started to climb down, letting her wound bleed without her arm covering it. "I'm coming!" She climbed down past the wooden ledge before she came to realize that she could never catch up to him. She knew that Ambra and Scipio wouldn't be able to see her, so she felt safe as she let a tear slip down her cheek. "Et sine nequitia..." She let go of the cliff with one hand to touch her forehead, shoulders, and heart respectively. The cross. It was a silent prayer for protection. "Quando profectus sum tibi assuescere...," she continued. She wiped the tears from her face before climbing back up slowly. "He...is gone," she muttered. "Scipio," she said, looking right at Scipio, "You are going to take Casio's place, I suppose. You should have been promoted to a higher rank a long time ago, but we were waiting. Now, you are...who Casio would have wanted to take his place. Now, we have to move on." As she ended her last sentence, her placed her arm back over the wound.

(Translation: And you left without a cry.)

(Translation: Just when I was starting to get used to you...)

[Okay.]

Ambra cried softly to herself, and bowed her head on the platform. Aelia said that Casio was gone. Gone without a word. Gone without saying goodbye. How can the world be so... Cruel? Cruel and heartless? That it would be willing to rip a beloved life from others without allowing him to say goodbye. Ambra cried, and cried. She had to regain herself. She had to think positive. But she knew that she couldn't. How could someone think positive now? Casio was the oldest master, and thus had more information and plans for them. He was full with life and vigor. Why couldn't he have gotten married? Shivering, Ambra placed her fingers in order to form the cross. "Ultimum Portabello ..." she said as she climbed to Scipio and Aelia again. "Deus non etiam concede ei filios continuare suum legatum. Magnum et plenum est. Teneamus vigilam eo post."

Then, with tears in her eyes, she turned to Scipio. Her eyes held the greatest respect for her master. "Gratulatione Magister Scipionem. Sit uobis ducere marcatoriam cum quantum vitam ut Casio faciebat. Non agam ista quam omne saeculum." Ambra turned away and looked at Ambra. "Let us go and see what Casio wanted to get in the first place." her voice was tinted with a Latin accent due to the Latin that she had been speaking. "Let us go on and fulfill Casio's wish."

[Translation:

"The last Portabello."

"God did not even grant him children to continue his legacy. He was a great man, full of life. Let us hold vigil for him later."

"Congratualtions, Master Scipio. May you lead the guild with as much life as Casio did. I will follow your words more than ever."]

Lucia felt a great loss. Like someone had just vanished. "I won't tell you because then that makes everyone who died protecting the Assassins meaningless. It would void all those who came before, it would mean nothing of their sacrifices. All some left behind were words and memories of those whose time is limited. It would mean nothing to the others maybe, but I won't say a word. You can hit me as long as you want. I've been very good at creating walls around myself." A little too good. A fiery belt to the face would be nothing. Nothing to those who had given everything in an effort to protect everyone. She meant nothing to anyone anyway. She was a third wheel, someone who needed to be seen. She just needed this, it would grant her memory something dignified. "And my pretty face can be messed up. I don't need it if I'm going to die." Lucia closed her eyes and said a silent prayer. I'm sorry...

~

Joan took one of her throwing knives, and walked behind the group. She waited, listening with deaf ears to the crier. When she felt like she was blending in, she sliced the strings of the bags off the three people she was next to. Moving to the next two, she made it through most of the way when someone was starting to move away. Two more down and she was so close. Three more to go. Moving quicker, Joan sliced three of the back crowd and hid it all in her bag. Almost there, she told herself. Now she just had to get away with it. The hard part. Walking away quickly, someone muttered about how much lighter they felt, and Joan flinched. She then all but ran back to Aero. "There, and can we not steal anymore?" It made her feel nothing better than the ones who roamed and took from those who could barely afford food. "Please Master, it makes me feel like there is no purpose to this. Like we're nothing but petty thieves. I know its more than that, but these means, are no way to an end."

Edited by RainDash

"We are partially thieves. Sometimes in order to better the good of people thieving is more necessary than people would like to believe." Aero said standing he pulled his hood up and started to walk. He used his eagle sense again. Something was off. He couldn't see what it was but it was different. He heard the same ringing again. He stopped and winced slightly, trying to hide it by starting to walk. "That's good. No more stealth today." He said. "I have a few jobs to get done and I think you could be of some help." He said. He walked down the docks and stepped up to a pigeon coup. He sent a note back to the HQ alerting anyone else that he would be absent for a few hours. "We need to head down to the old districts of Rome. I have something we need to... collect." He said thinking of the right word. He stepped onto the boat and motioned for Joan to follow him. "Now, this is a mission and we are getting paid. You will get a third of the proceeds, I will get a third and the other third shall go to the guild." He said giving some money to the sailors and telling them of their destination.

Edited by Danniphantom

"So, what is this job? Will we need to take some Templars down a peg?" Joan asked. She relished the missions that she could destroy the Templar's morale. Kill some, take them away from the world. She just needed to get even with the ones who had tried to brainwash her into following their commands. She didn't need to feel bad about it. They knew what they were signing up for when they joined. She had killed some, but only when she had to. Killing just to kill wasn't how she operated. She wanted them to mean something. It struck fear into them when saw their comrades dead. Splayed out for display and she watched as their beady little eyes knew that they were next. It wouldn't be long for them to suffer, and not public either. Just her own little show. It was all a play, and she was the commander. She just wanted some control, a little went a long way when her life was spiraling out of her reach.

Tano tipped his head to the side down at Lucia. The woman seemed to sag a bit, and she went into a huge speech about respecting the fallen assassins and not saying anything. The Spaniard snorted roughly and stood up straight, his fingers around the belt tightening a lot. He was stressed. Frustrated. He would break Lucia. He would make her cry out in pain and suffering. He would make her beg for mercy. And when he did, she would spill everything out. And she would give him all of the information that he needed. And then he would promptly dispose of her. Snickering, he shook himself off and waved the belt in front of Lucia's face. "I'll find someone that you care about. Maybe... A man?" he narrowed his eyes. "Do you have a man that you care about? A sister? A brother?" he lifted the belt, and looked at the ember belt buckle that radiated heat next to his face. That would hurt if he struck it against her hard enough. No, it would hurt either way. The burning buckle surely was dangerous. "Too bad. They'll never see you again. Never." growling, he lashed the buckle out at her cheek harshly. "You will suffer for all of the things you did, rat!"