prairiecrow

The Bragging Thread!

Omg that's wonderful @hazeh!! Congratulations! 

Very tiny thing compared to that big news, but something I'm just kinda proud of and wanting to brag.... Went to the grocery store for a 'buy 5 save $5' sale, the items I wanted were further reduced in price due to soon-ish expiration dates, I ended up getting 5 meals worth of food for $1.30! I just always feel a little proud when I'm able to do something like that, makes me feel 'adult-ish'. 

Posted (edited)

I just made a call to the job I applied to and I'm so proud of myself because I absolutely hate making phone calls and talking on the phone and it went super well! The person in charge of the recruitment was very nice and sounded interested in me and told me more about the project. Fingers crossed for next week when they send out invitations the actual interviews!'

edit. Another thing to brag about, I actually got the job!!!! I was sure I blew my interview, but they called me yesterday and told me I was the second best candidate. Their first choice can start working only in August, so they asked me if I could work with them until that! I'm so excited and a bit scared, because I'm so inexperienced, but hopefully everything works out fine. I also made myself a promise that if I get the job, I can buy a heap of new clothes since most of my old ones are really old and not very stylish, so yay, shopping!

Edited by hedy

I just got an internship as a junior game programmer in the exact city I've been aiming to work in for the last 3 years! It has great public transport and an easy access to the railroad which allows me to see my family and relatives easily on weekends if I so desire. Best thing is that they also expressed interest in keeping me after training as that'd be the most beneficial for their growing company. This is great news, because it means that as long as I can perfom satisfactorily at work I may be able to secure a more permanent job in the company and make it safe enough for my boyfriend of 3 years to finally move to Finland. Needless to say, I'm freaking hyped! So glad that I was given the opportunity of the interview that led to this. To have an actual opportunity to work in game development after studying it for 3 years... I cannot even fathom how happy I am right now. It's a total shock, but one of a good kind.

This might seem like a weird thing to brag about, but I have to say I'm insanely lucky to have the kind of boyfriend that I have. Tomorrow I have to drive 1,5 hours to a meeting alone and I was really stressed about the drive there and then meeting all the new people. I was complaining about this to my boyfriend and he immediately told me that he can come with me!! He's on holiday already and doesn't have anything to do in the mornings, so he'll just come sit with me in car for 3 hours and also spend over an hour in a small town with nothing to do while I'm in the meeting. I'm so happy and not stressed at all anymore and I'm just so glad I have a person like this by my side!

That's wonderful @hedy! Long drives are so much easier when you aren't alone. 

I worked today! I didn't work at all last week, and only 1 of my normal 2 days the week before. Combination of returning depression and worrying about leaving my mom alone. But I did it, I worked today! And I didn't cry. Well okay, I cried a small bit right before leaving for work, but not while at work, and that's an accomplishment!

I'm proud of my skills of using words – mainly Finnish words, though. Writing is my thing and I also enjoy observing language and I think I've done quite well with my studies in Finnish language. It all comes almost naturally for me. Besides that, it was always easy for me to get good grades at school. I finished both primary and secondary schools with a grade point average of 10 (the best grade) on theoretical subjects and got good grades on other subjects as well. As child I was even told I was very artistic, too, but I haven't really been drawing for years so I wouldn't consider myself talented anymore as all skills require regular practice. I guess this all has to do with the fact that I'm disciplined and also inquisitive by nature. In contrast, I'm terrible in sewing or knitting and playing instruments or singing. Somehow I managed to get my nice grades at school but afterwards I've been happy for not having to try my best on something I just can't handle.

both my daughters have graduated this year! the older one from college, with a degree in film studies with minors in computer science and theater;  the younger one from high school, and she's getting ready to go to college in august to study history and psychology for her major and minor in theatre! :)

On 6/26/2019 at 6:41 PM, trystan said:

congrats, @Cottoncat!!

Thank you! :D I also managed to get an apartment (a shared one) so now I don't have to worry about that either.

I got a red ribbon/second place ribbon for a quilt I made.  :)  I'm exceptionally pleased since I just made it because I was inspired.  A couple of people even left their names and phone numbers to indicate their interest in possibly buying it.

I got a new job and a fun therapist who likes outdoor sessions and coffee shops and all that good stuff.