prairiecrow

The Bragging Thread!

I'm moving to Southern California! (NorCal right now) Its my first time living out of my hometown and away from my friends and family, so it's a pretty big step for me. My girlfriend and I got really good work opportunities down there and might actually be able to get a house!! We'll live close to the beach and everything. I'm nervous, but really excited! (I alternate very quickly between crying out of fear and bubbly enthusiasm haha)

Starting college on Monday! Very nervous and excited at the same time.

Shouldn't be too hard though. Only one or two classes a day and no classes on Fridays.

I just finished the longest book I've ever read, in little less than a month. The unabridged spanish translation of Haruki Murakami's Wind-Up Bird Chronicle. It was 905 pages long. Not bad for someone who only reads rather sporadically. I plan to change my lacking reading habits very soon, and finishing this book has been quite the start!

I'm an American going to be married to a hot English guy... Okay, maybe that's not so much of a brag as it is a fantasy come true...

^ Lucky you. :P Don't we all wish for a hot English guy? That's definitely worth bragging about.

I successfullly made a loaf of bread by using a yeast I cultured from what remained of my primary fermenter (been wine making) and got it active enough to grow me a beautiful loaf of bread. I wasn';t sure how well this would work as I never made bread without using off the counter yeast.

Despite not working out...I still look the same as when I did. So, yay?

Edited by andromedae

6 hours ago, Starscream said:

I successfullly made a loaf of bread by using a yeast I cultured from what remained of my primary fermenter (been wine making) and got it active enough to grow me a beautiful loaf of bread. I wasn';t sure how well this would work as I never made bread without using off the counter yeast.

That's amazing! :D I bet it tastes even better since you made it yourself. Definitely something worth bragging about. 

My brag is nowhere near impressive... it's that I found a place that does this really delicious vegetable bread and oh my god it's so good. But I didn't make it myself, so... :P 

I got a 99% final grade in a tough-ish subject (Administration). I was the person with the best grade in the class. I managed to get 100% on the exam! I got out of the exam feeling super shaky and under the weather because of stress and some health issues. But I managed to perform well regardless, so I'm proud of myself. I can't imagine how I'll be able to be when I get to feel 100% again.

Edited by 888888

My current grade point average is 98%

I'd better hope I can keep this up for the rest of the semester....

My parents said yes to me starting a pinned insect collection! I'm super stoked about it.

2 hours ago, AlolanVulpixMc said:

i gotten a shiny in pokemon 

a unusual in tf2

thats it

Which Shiny? :)

On 8/31/2017 at 11:04 PM, StormWizard212 said:

^ Lucky you. :P Don't we all wish for a hot English guy? That's definitely worth bragging about.

I know a lot of Hot English guys as I am English myself, I married two of them.. don't recon much though :P and I am a mother of three and have 10 grand- kids.. :) 

Time to toot my own horn, I guess. If you want to, check out some links... I guess. Guessing, I guess.

I'm pretty proud of being a self-taught artist that's.... okay, I guess. (DA: https://sinnexcryllic.deviantart.com/ It's a secondary account, with little watchers.)

I'm good with a slingshot

I read Harry Potter in second grade. 

I can play two instruments - bass guitar and violin

I know three languages - English, Mandarin, Spanish

I'm currently a first-dan brown belt in japanese karaate, might take my black belt test next year. 

I'm a straight-A student, but then again, it's all been in middle school and elementary, so who knows what'll happen in high.

I write meh-ish stories ( https://www.wattpad.com/user/SinnexCryllic )

I plan on going to college, becoming a marine, and then being an artist or a designer for who-knows-what.

I feel as bragging has therapeutic qualities. One tends to focus on the things they do well in life when bragging, and that may induce a euphoric effect.

A.K.A. Bragging makes you feel real good.

Edited by ArcticFang

• I'm a transguy and I'll be taking testosterone very soon!! ( f I n a l l y )

• All of my grades are an A at the moment

• I'm a senior in highschool and I'll be graduating in 2018 :D

• My birthday is in 4 days

• I have the best dog in the world

that's all, other than that I'm happier than I've ever been

@thewisdomninjaYour first point makes me so happy for you! 

Let's see...

- My doggie is awesome and has recently been coming to pick me up at work with my mom, which is a totally awesome way to end a stressful work day

- I'm reading a freaking amazing story right now, and feeling so privileged that I get to read it before it's published.

Omg so I'm so anxious and excited. I work in greenhouses (my dad has run greenhouses his whole life, and so did his father). I started working for my father's company last spring, and I'm currently taking a Greenhouse Management class... I've been very involved, and I've learned a lot. And my father's boss approached him today and said that if I would be willing to work as head grower (for a 500+ acre facility) he would pay for my master's degree in horticulture. 

I'm so nervous! This is a no brainer in what I need to do, but I wasn't expecting this. The head of the Agribusiness dept. at my university offered me free grad school for a masters in Agribusiness a few weeks ago, but I don't want to be an economist or a professor, so I turned it down. I never expected to go to grad school. But I'm so confused and behind. Applications start this month, and I don't even know if I'm eligible for the program. I have the grades, but idk if I have the prereqs. Ahhhh I'm just so happy. My boyfriend is so excited for me too and so supportive. I may have a career. 

@Earth Gurl Congrats, that sounds like an amazing opportunity! I would also love to work in a greenhouse and/or with plants some way, but I'm currently studying health sciences so I'm quite a far away from that field!

I'm excited for my birthday on this Saturday (turning 22 on 11/11 which is super cool on it's own lol), and it's also my aunt's birthday and she's hosting a big party! I also got the best mark from an exam I did a while ago, and the second best mark from a presentation I had last week, so academia-wise things are going smoothly!

I dunno if this would be considered "bragging", but I'm pretty darn happy about it. In the last month my mom has had three surgeries, both eyes to remove cataracts (three weeks apart), and today a minor knee surgery. She has done fine through them all, no complications, and she's seeing a whole lot better already and is looking forward to walking without a limp very soon. These are issues that got progressively worse over the last two years, so I'm so beyond happy that this is happening.

I don't mean to double-post, but since it's been more then a week in-between posts...

Every month my work sends out little announcements with the paychecks, listing employee's birthdays and work-anniversaries for that month. I just saw the announcements for December and it shows my 10-year anniversary at the job! I'm excited. And happy. This is the first-and-only real job I've ever had and I'm so so happy that I have been able to stay there for so long.