PeachSapling

The Dove Pin

Would you like to join if it's approved?  

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Robby overheard Ianthe speaking to Marie. He added, "Your right. I honestly don't want to get into any more trouble than I already am." He put his book back in the crate and stamped out his 'Torch.'

Marie also watched the pages and traced each figure with her eyes as Ianthe occasionally did with her fingers. Suddenly Ianthe closed the book and returned it to Marie, who gleefully accepted it back into her arms. It was an extremely short lived moment after Marie nodded to Ianthe's question because Ianthe followed up with something Marie didn't want to hear but it was something she already knew. Looking extremely downcast she stared longingly at the book, unable to put it away until everyone else had done so first. So, she waited, absorbing the last few moments with the book while she could.

Rachel stood up and placed the book plant book back in the bin. She then looked around the room, now filled with darkness. ((I assume all light sources are stamped out?)) Rachel walked toward, or rather, used the wall to guide Rachel to the doors. She pressed her ear against it, hoping to hear some kind of sounds. "I wonder if anyone is near the stairs, just doing their normal thing. Not knowing that there are a couple of 12 year olds and one 13 year old sitting in the darkness." Rachel thought to herself while leaning against the door.

((The torch on the wall is still burning.))

Angel scrambled back down the pile and looked at the torch. "Um..... How are we supposed to put this out, then?" She lifted it from the holder and brought it over to the doorway, trying to scrutinize the lock of the door. "Do you think we could pick this?"

Sawyer let out a sigh, and stood up. She reopened the box she had retrieved the book from, and set it inside. Her eyes cast one last wistful look at the book, and she closed the box once more. Sawyer walked to the spot where the torch was, and studied the others' faces with interest.

"Why...what would be the point, of picking the lock? Even if we go outside, they'll just catch us again. And then probably get more time here." Ianthe picked a book up from the small pile she had created and stuffed it back in the box. Angel seems to be pretty interested in fire. Why wouldn't she know how to put one out? Hmm. She gathered up the other books and set them inside as well. She closed the box and lifted it with both hands, preparing to put the thing back in the stack it came from, when she realized that Marie was still holding on to hers. She looked expectantly at the other girl.

Jaxon approached the school, dragging his feet as much as possible. He couldn't believe his parents for sending him here, but he was curious about what he would find when he opened the doors, until he did. He paused a moment to take it in.

Angel scrunched her face. "I just don't like it in here. Besides, I don't have anything to snuff this out with." She looked around for a pot or container of sorts. "I mean usually, there's a container of water," she shuddered slightly before continuing her sentence, "to douse the flames. But..." She shook her head. "There isn't one." She again placed the torch in the holder and looked around. "Well, I don't know about all of you, but I want out. Like, now. They have no right to have us locked up in here."

Skyne walked up to the castle. "So this is the school," he said aloud, but to nobody. Taking a deep breath, he carried his satchel of all his possessions in through the grand doors. He hoped the teachers wouldn't be mad that he was late. He took the sights in; it was a grand hallway. There was a character about his size with shag hair. He really hoped that they knew what was going on, so he spoke up.

"Hello, there. I'm late, so do you happen to know where I'm supposed to go next?"

((I don't mean to DP but this thing is crumbling away. If you wanna do a timeskip, now would be the time. The Dove Children are not looking around anymore, Jax and Skyne just got here, and the only student who isn't in the basement seems inactive.

And Winter? I can see you are stalking this thread.))

Jax saw the other guy and gave a smile before answering him. "Heh, you know about as much as I do. I just got here myself."

((and thads because i was posting silly))

Edited by WinterWhisperz

Jax nodded in agreement. "Well technically I'm Jaxon, but if you call me that it may get ugly in here" He chuckled to show he was only kidding, the last thing he needed was to get sent home his first day "Call me Jax, and as for you?"

Robby held out his hand to shake. "Nice to meet you, Jax. My name's Robby." He waited for his hand to be shaken, but he retracted when he saw something strange. There was a pin on Jax's bracelet. Robby's pin. Baffled, he spoke out.

"How on Earth did you DO that?"

Edited by thegreenrobby

((lol name mix-up? and the pins on his bracelet, no worries tho))

Jax shook Skyne's hand, then raised his eyebrow at his shock. "The same way everyone shakes hands.....grabbed and shook....are you sure your well enough to be in school?" He looked down at their hands, where Skyne's eyes were locked on his bracelet. Ohh, you mean my bracelet? grabbed some leather and wrapped it around my wrist. Thought it looked alittle plain so i put this pin on it, cool huh? the things even got my name on its back" He took the pin off the leather band and showed him the back. "My parents told me they found me with this, floating down the river....wierd huh?"

Edited by WinterWhisperz

Marie looked hurt but she extended both her arms towards Ianthe, book in hands, and looked away like she was afraid she was going to get bitten. She waited just like that until Ianthe would take the book from her and then would let her arms fall into her lap, her head still turned away but her eyes would be open now and she'd give a look like she felt she just lost something valuable.

------

Micah had been sitting in a tree since the beginning of the day, his legs were crossed and his arms were folded over his sword. At one point he'd even fallen asleep but since it had gotten so late anyway he'd figured he'd just show up the next day. People rarely got anything out of him so it would be hard to question him about why he'd missed the first day. Of course, he also looked different from most kids with his dark aubergine hair pulled to the side, tied with string and his clothes loose and baggy but oddly not out of place when he wore it.

Eventually two guys ended up beneath him, walking up to the entrance of the building ahead. A glint on the wrist of one caught his attention and he peered down until he saw it; a dove pin preparing to take off. Micah suppressed a shudder. He held the same thing but always kept it carefully concealed. It was creepy having guys wear something like that, he idly wondered how that person could do it. Suddenly unnerved Micah frowned and leaned back against the tree and closed his eyes. He might as well sleep now if he was going to practice at night.

There was nothing he liked more than seeing his silver blade winking in the moonlight. It was beautiful and unique.

Rachel pressed her ear against the door when she heard footsteps getting louder, and louder, and louder. "Guys! I think Ms.Hatford is coming!" She exclaimed to the rest of the group.

-----------

Prince Martyn and Princess Gertrude was walking around the perimeter of the castle, greeting the guards guarding the outside when they saw a couple of children near the doors. They decided to walk over to them. "Why good afternoon young lads and lasses. Are you students of the royal school?" He asked them. "Lunch is going to be served in a few minutes. We'd be happy to lead you there." "Princess" Gertrude added on.

Angel swung around and threw the torch on the ground, stamping it out with her foot, mixing the charred wood with the ash from the pages. Just as quickly she threw some old cloth over the pile, hiding the evidence of a fire and smothering the cinders. To go even further, she promptly sat on the whole thing.

Derek looked up sharply. The teacher was coming? Glancing at Angel before just before she put out the light, she looked like she had that under control. He carefully walked over to the wall and leaned against it, curious to see the results of their 'explorations' in the basement.

Ianthe took the leather-bound book, and placed it into the box carefully, all while looking at Marie. Suddenly, the light winked out, and Ianthe turned sharply to face Angel. "Oh." She felt a little relieved, having wondered before how they would put the thing out. She picked the box up, and carefully made her way back to the stack where it came from. She set it down on top of another box and joined Rachel at the door. "Lunch, then? Already?"

(Now color-coding my character's speech. Robby will be in DarkGreen and Skyne will be in Maroon.(If hex codes work...))

Robby heard some thumping, and everyone rushed up through the door. The light went out. "Wait. You mean that we might finally get out of here?" he said, a little rhetorically. But he was happy, in a way. He was hungry.

~~~~~

Skyne saw two older figures come up to the two before he could respond. They told them that Lunch would start soon.

"Oh, yeah. I'm getting a little hungry. Sorry I'm late; I accidentally messed up the time I should be here from the time I left."

Rachel heard the footsteps stop, indicating that Ms.Hatford was at the door. She then heard a small "click" and the doors opened with light pouring in. Stood in the doorway was Ms.Hatford. "Alright children. There's a few minutes before lunch is served. So get going and follow me." Ms.Fansand ordered to them.

((After all the students were lined up.)) Ms.Fansand then closed and locked the basement doors behind her. She then walked up the stairs to the dining room.

--------------

Prince Martyn smiled and said, "We've had to lead late children before. So, it's nothing new to us." They lead the children through the hallways and up the stairs. "Princess" Gertrude opened the door of the dining room as tons of children were busy talking to each other at a long table that was dressed with a white tablecloth. Sat at the front was King Matt, with an empty chair that was beside him, clearly Queen Rose's chair. The King said with a smile, "Martyn! Gertrude! I see you've found some students. Have them sit down and you two sit in your usual seats." "Princess" Gertrude said to the students while leading them to the "student" part of the table, "You can sit down in some of these empty seats here. We'll be sitting up at the front of the table. If you have any questions, raise your hand and the maid or the cook will help you." The couple then walked to their usual seats. Prince Martyn sat in across his brother, Prince Toby, and "Princess" Gertrude sat across from her sister, Princess Sandi.

Jax nodded and took a seat, he looked around at all of the children, then at the royals. All this table, wheres the food?

Sawyer sat down in a chair, and crossed her long legs. Her eyes darted across the table curiously. "The princes and princesses are here! Even the King!" she thought excitedly.

Angel padded softly into the dining room, eyes wandering around the room. She spotted Martyn and Gertrude and waved excitedly. Then she turned and clutched onto Derek's arm sleeve. Derek sighed, but put a hand on hers. They chose seats next to Sawyer, and waited for the other children to take their seats. Angel spotted another boy, sitting nearby. She scooted over a couple chairs and settled down next to him. "Hey! I'm Angel! What's your name?" (Jax)