PeachSapling

The Dove Pin

Would you like to join if it's approved?  

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

((Oops, sorry. Is Elayna still in front of you?))

(Yes. We left off at:)

As they arrived outside((if they're outside?)) Elayna looked around her curiously. So many new things. She laughed softly as a couple kids playing tag ran past her. She was forced to take a step back to avoid a collision. When she stepped back she was stopped short as she felt herself bump into something. She turned around quickly to see a blonde haired boy standing there.

"Oh! I am so sorry! I wasn't watching where I was going! Are you ok?"

Robby looked back to the force that nearly knocked him to the ground.

"Oh!"

He turned around to see a young woman standing behind him. She instantly started apologizing.

"I'm good, you?"

(Your turn to post._

Micah stifled a smile though the twitch of the corner of his lips nearly gave him away if it didn't look so much like contempt. This girl was amusing in her own way, he watched her give a stuffed animal a squeeze and suddenly--oddly enough--he pictured himself in her grasp. Now that made him turn away and stare out into the open with a forcefully disinterested gaze. That felt as bad as bad omens get.

He could be reading too much into it but never the less he suddenly didn't want to piss this strange girl off. Likely he was unaware of how /he/ was the oddball between the two and as a result of growing used to his own company, what was 'normal'--or at least relatively so-- was somehow abnormal to him.

Pity.

"You don't look like the princess type." He offered her quietly. Well, he hadn't meant it to be so much of an insult nor did he notice that it was, all he heard was; 'You look like the kind of girl who isn't into the whole 'doll-me-up' perks of the princess life style' and it somehow strangled itself down to the words that slipped through his teeth and beyond that ever so minutely parted lips of his which refused to reveal more than he ever intended.

~Elayna~

Not a moment after she had run into the boy, another girl had done just the same. Maybe he was a magnet of some sort. ((o3o))

"Oh, I'm glad to hear that. Sorry about bumping into you. I should have been watching where I was going! Huh? Yeah, I'm fine." Elayna nodded.

"Elayna Whalen." she introduced herself confidently, holding out a hand to the boy.

((Chasilin's right. You can just remove the topmost sentence.

Oh, and you lost the game.))

"Name's Robert, but please call me Robby," he replied, meeting hands in a firm shake. After shaking, he let go and turned out to the field. All the kids playing, that brought his mind back to the game.

"Hey, have you ever played Crack the Whip? I haven't played it in a while, and I was thinking on setting up a game."

---

After the awkwardness ensued between Skyne and Marie, Skyne overheard a voice mentioning Crack the Whip. He turned to it. It was the voice of a kid he met earlier.

What was his name? Robby, or something? he pondered. In a want to play, he started heading off in that direction. He turned back to Marie. She looks so... so alone.It crossed his mind to invite her to play - that is, if he was even allowed to play - but he then realized that the game involved holding hands. That would rub the awkwardness in even more. Feeling a little bit guilty leaving Marie, he turned off again.

"Hey, Robby. Are you setting up a game of Crack the Whip? I wanna join."

---

Before Elayna could answer, Skyne came up and asked to join the game.

"Well, sure. We still need to find a few more people to play, though."

Robby was excited. He rarely ever got a chance to play at home, being an only child. The only time he could was when he went over to the neighbor's house, but that didn't happen often.

"So, are you up for it, Elayna?"

Ianthe shrugged. "Mhm. Only kid my parents had that was the right age for the school, so. And they wanted one of us to go." She shoved the stuffed animal back into her bag again and, deciding she had fooled around with the stuff in it enough times, set it on the ground in front of her and poked at the grass. She wondered whether to continue the conversation or not. Well, as long as he's talking...might as well see what I can learn. "Well. It, doesn't matter much, does it. What about you, then? Princes, you know, they actually have to talk to people." She stared at him in a meaningful way.

((Say, where's Peach? We can't exactly do much here unless she decides we can advance the plot, and she apparently mysteriously disappeared after May 3rd according to her post history.))

Edited by Fractional Pi Day

Micah continued to stare out into the open, blindly watching bodies move about as they played carelessly in the dust and sand. A moment of silence passed between Ianthe and the by before she decided to speak again and Micah couldn't help the twitch of his lips as they pulled up one corner into a handsome smile that did him justice.

"Princes..." He said spitefully through his teeth. He thought of it all as a joke, every last bit of this was some grand fairytale and he was bound for the unhappy end. "are for fairy tales and bed time stories to little clueless brats. I'm here because I gave my word to a dieing man that I would. No more." He sighed, he supposed that wasn't the kindest thing he could have said so he looked at the girl and caught her gaze. It made a bead of sweat form on his temple as he felt like he'd just come face to face with a wall suddenly.

He looked away, slightly irritated and scratched his neck awkwardly, his eyes darting up and away from the girl. "..." Micah pursed his lips. Why was he acting so flustered! It was definitely a bad idea to come here after all.... Uncomfortable he decided he aught to change the subject. If not talking was rude and this girl expected him to talk then he could at least go with something he knew.

"Can you fight?"

"Name's Robert, but please call me Robby," he replied, meeting hands in a firm shake. After shaking, he let go and turned out to the field. All the kids playing, that brought his mind back to the game.

"Hey, have you ever played Crack the Whip? I haven't played it in a while, and I was thinking on setting up a game."

~Elayna~

Elayna was about to speak when she heard another voice pipe up asking if the boy, Robby, was setting up this game. The girl glanced at the person who had spoken then she turned back at Robby.

"Heard of the game. Never played it though." she looked at him eagerly. "How is it played?"

Robby looked over at Elayna.

"You've never played Crack the Whip? Oh, well the game is simple. Everyone holds hands and forms a line. One person on the end of the line, called the leader, runs about while everyone else is trying to follow along. The leader's goal is to get everyone else to break off, while every one else is trying their best to hold on."

Robby looked around, before adding on. "We are going to need a few more people to play, though. Do you have any friends that might like to play?"

((Chasilin's last post on the forums was on July 13, and there's a 17-day gap between that post and the one before it. Even if we got everyone else back in here, I doubt we could do much here without her since she's mostly the one who advances the plot. We could try to resurrect it, I guess, but I don't think we'd get very far.))

(I don't know what to do from here...

And I just checked, Peach's is even worse.)

Edited by thegreenrobby

((No, those posts were made a week ago. Let's just stop posting in the dead thread, okay? No one wants it back as a zombie.))