PeachSapling

The Dove Pin

Would you like to join if it's approved?  

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Jax looked over at the girl at the end of the table who had just banged her head into the white cloth, but looked away after she turned her attention to the girl beside her, it sounded like it would have hurt the scared girl...."I wonder if shes ok....." Jax put his hands on the table and interlaced his fingers. His eyes were on his pin.

Angel glanced between Jax, Sawyer, and Skyne as they carried a conversation over her. "Well... Ianthe was wondering the same thing. About the pins. We don't really know. We've always had our pins, right?" She turned to Jax, making sure he had the same story as everyone else.

((I'M ALMOST DONE THAT CHARACTER SHEET, GUYS. I'M SO SORRY.))

Ianthe jumped, not expecting such a reaction from Marie. "Sorry? What do you..." She stared at Marie blankly for a full two seconds before registering what she had just said. "Oh. Huh." She looked at Marie's bag, as if expecting to see the leather-bound book through the material. "Well." Ianthe looked around. No one was sitting close enough to hear what Marie had said, though she had drawn a few worried looks from banging her head on the table. She lowered her voice anyway, just to be safe. "Well." She began again. "What are you going to do with that, then? Are you...you can't - well, technically, you could keep it. But..." Ianthe shrugged and stared down at the tablecloth. What am I even supposed to say here?

As soon as Adriana had heard the footsteps, she had suddenly stopped humming and quickly stood to her feet. The girl had grabbed her stuff and filed out with the other children. When they arrived at the dining hall, Adriana took a random seat that was away from most of the other children. She looked around, watching those around her quietly...

Jax nodded at Angel. "Yeah, my parents found me with mine, they told me they found me in a basket in the river and it was in there with me. I was adopted so who knows how I got this thing." Jax ran his fingers over his pin. "I always thought it was unique, made just for me, but obviously not if you all have one too" He gave her a half smile.

The blood drained from Sawyer's face. "That's what my father told me..." she said. Sawyer stared tracing her finger on the dove's engraved silhouette. It calmed her down, and made her feel much safer.

Marie was expecting to get an earful but Ianthe's words had her clasping both of her hands like she was in prayer and staring wide-eyed and gooey at the girl in front of her. When Ianthe looked away Marie gave a small bounce and threw her arms around Ianthe in a hug. "Thank you..." she whispered happily. "You're the best friend I have ever had." Marie secretly finished in her mind 'and the only friend.' but she couldn't say it out loud. Letting go of Ianthe she folded her hands neatly in her lap and gave tilted-head smile at Ianthe and giggled. Lifting a hand she brushed back her long cherry-brown hair from her face and tucked it gently behind one of her petite ears. When her hand was laid in her lap once again her fingers felt the cool touch of the ring and she began to twist it around her finger absently. "I wonder when we'll start eating...." she thought aloud.

Jax raised an eyebrow at Sawyer. "Well thats strange......" He looked around at the small crowd of his new friends. "Anyone got a different story?"

Angel shook her head slowly. "I wasn't told otherwise..." She glanced over at Ianthe. She was the one who was asking these things before... Maybe she would want to know? She glanced over at the people at the head of the table then hopped out of her chair. She scurried over to Ianthe then tapped her shoulder politely.

The room became quiet as the cooks came barging through the door. The head of the cooks, Ms.Greatson spoke out, "Sorry we're late everybody! Kitchen was waaay behind." As she finished, the cooks came in with carts that had food covered up. They went everywhere, pouring soups into bowls, putting dishes on plates like fish, chicken, and beef on everyone's plate. Next, they got pitchers and poured juice into the students cups and red wine ((Would there be wine back then?)) into the teachers', princes', princesses', and the King's cups. "Eat up everybody!" Ms.Greatson said to them, then left the dining hall. The dining hall started to get louder with voices when they left.

-------

Rachel looked at her plate. It had fish with spices she had never seen before. "Hey guys, what did you get?" Rachel asked the others.

Edited by PeachSapling

Sawyer licked her lips. She got soup, chicken soup. Her favorite. "I got soup, but it has so many things in it you would think it's a mush of some sort." she said jokingly. Sawyer took a spoonful, and put it to her mouth. She sipped it, but ten just stuck the spoon in her mouth. "This. Is. Amazing." she gasped.

((red wine was for the rich, or royal in midevil times. Mead was dranken by the poor/lower class.))

Jax let his eyes followed Angel as she went to two of the girls who were sitting so far away, then smiled as the food was sat infront of him and he all but attacked it. He nodded at Sawyers statement and managed to get a word out between spoonfulls "Yeah" The soup was the best thing hed ever tasted!! He wasnt even sure what kind it was, only knew it was amazing.

Edited by WinterWhisperz

((Wine has been recorded to have been made in 6000 B.C. I'm sure there was wine available at this time.))

Robby looked down at his plate before him. It was laden with some form of chicken with peppery seasoning. Almost at once, he picked up a fork and stabbed one of the pieces. He pulled it up to his mouth and was instantly flooded with lemony flavor. It's tartness poured over his tounge. He licked his lips in happiness, and was just about ready to dig in a second one. ((Lemon Pepper Chicken, also one of my fav. dishes.))

Skyne had a bowl dropped in front of him. It was filled with a reddish, chunky soup. He recognized the vegetable at once; tomato soup with some form of potato chunk within it. He was disgusted slightly, as he hated potato.

"Bleh," he motioned his hands away from the soup.

Robby noticed the face of disgust on Skyne, realizing that he didn't like the soup. "Oh, you don't like it?" he asked. "Here, trade me."

Skyne listened to Robby, and traded at no contest. He pushed his bowl over in his direction. He also took the plate that was in front of Robby, but not before he stole another piece.

Both boys enjoyed their meals.

((Wine has been recorded to have been made in 6000 B.C. I'm sure there was wine available at this time.))

((Mmhmm. Only it was more pure then the stuff we have now. xd.png))

Adriana's eyes darted up as some girl came over and tapped on the shoulder of a girl that wasn't sitting too far away. She looked back down and started to eat her soup without question. She licked her lips gratefully, it tasted good and she finished it within a few minutes. (The fact that she was hungry probably helped.) Adriana picked up her cup of juice and drank some. It tasted sweet, sweeter then anything she had ever had that she could remember and the girl ended up drinking all of it in one go. The young girl took out a sketch pad from her bag and started drawing. In between bites, a dove started to take shape on the page.

Rachel took her spoon and ate a spoonful of the soup. "Vegetable soup. Pa used to make this all the time, but this soup has more flavor to it." She said not really to anybody. Rachel looked at the fish. How the heck am I supposed to cut this? She asked herself in her head. Rachel looked around to see them using a utensil with little sticks at the end. ((A fork.)) She picked the fork up and cut a bit of the fish and tasted it. It was a tad bit spicy, but good.

Edited by PeachSapling

Marie was particularly startled by the sudden presence of another person. She flinched away and looked down shyly at the table. Once the cooks began to appear Marie felt somewhat cornered. As soon as they passed her by, a slab of seasoned, medium-rare steak now on her place, she picked it up and skirted around to the other side of the table only to find that there had been someone sitting there the whole time. Un sure of what to do she uneasily sat down, lowering herself onto the bench and staring at her food. Since everyone was eating, surely no one was looking at her. She peeked up from where she sat, glancing at everyone and checking to see if anyone was looking at her. She felt extremely self-conscious eating in front of others.

Ianthe stared at her food. There was some sort of fish on her plate, and a bowl of soup. Looking towards the other dove children, she noticed that most of them were eating already. Ianthe shrugged, and decided to start on the soup. She picked her spoon up, stuck it in her bowl, and swirled it around a few times before bringing it back up. The soup was surprisingly delicious. Ianthe picked the bowl up to sip directly from it when Angel tapped her on the shoulder. "Hm?" Ianthe put the bowl down. "Oh. Hi. Yeah?"

Angel pointed over at the boys a bit farther down the table. "They have pins too. And one said that they were found in a basket floating in the river." She shrugged. "Just thought you might want to know." She smiled, charmingly. "You seem pretty smart. Maybe if we tell you everything we find out you'll be able to figure these pins out." Tilting her head up, she tapped a finger on her chin. "Derek said I'm not very smart. All my siblings said the same too." She grinned with a little giggle. "I guess I'm just stupid. But I'm okay with that."

((Vang I'm indirectly forcing my character to interact with you....))

((Well, I think this died. That may just be because there is no current antagonist? In other words, Peach, I think it's time for you to break out the 'threat' you mentioned.))

((I'll be offline for a while, do with my characters as you like, something amazing has happened and it'll be keeping me away and on/off at irregular times.))

((I was hoping for the threat to come after everyone met each other because it's most reasonable for it to happen after that time. *Shrug*))

((I was hoping for the threat to come after everyone met each other because it's most reasonable for it to happen after that time. *Shrug*))

((Touche. Maybe we should speed up the lunchtime, then. I think everyone's posted, but I'm not 100% sure.))