PeachSapling

The Dove Pin

Would you like to join if it's approved?  

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

She smiled. "Honestly, I thought our parents were supposed to teach us manners." she said. Her left hand slowly traced the name on her pin once more. "It's a little ridiculous, but I have a pin too. I'm unsure why, though most of us have them."

Edited by shadow_claw

Ms.Fansand came through the classroom door, whispered something into Ms.Hatford's ear, pointed to all of the Dove Children, then left.

Rachel looked at Ms.Hatford with wondering. "What did Ms.Fansand want with us? Did we do anything wrong? She thought to herself. Rachel looked at all the students she didn't know.

Sawyer raised an eyebrow at Mrs. Hatford. "What was that about?" she asked a lot louder than she wanted to. Her face got a bright red, and she looked down in embarrassment.

"It seems that the teachers seem to notice the situation. Maybe they can help us understand what's going on," Robby commented on the situation. "Honestly, I'd really like to know what's going on."

Robby clutched his Dove Pin, and spoke to it.

"Well, well, well. We might just know what you are up to."

Her eyebrow quivered. "oh..Kay?" she said. Sawyer rubbed her pin her hand. It calmed her down whenever she got upset. The blood that had ran dripped down her earlier dried in tiny dots.

Edited by shadow_claw

((I'm fairly sure that people don't bleed all over the place when they accidentally prick themselves with a pin. And didn't the teacher clean all their hands off when they left the classroom? Also, seven people is definitely not "most" of the kids. Just because the others aren't RPed doesn't mean they don't exist.

Also COME ON DUNGEON DUNGEON DUNGEON))

Ianthe walked with Marie into the next classroom. She sat down beside Marie and put her bag down beside her. The chalk smears on her shirt had faded somewhat, but they were quite obviously still there. What was this class again? Manners. Right. Ianthe sighed. She would definitely have to speak, then. If not this day, then in the future. She wasn't sure why her parents thought she would ever be a successful princess. She turned to Marie. "Hey. Where did you get your pin?"

((It dug really deep in her hand, and she didn't notice because he has a very high tolerance for pain.))

She licked her finger and started rubbin the dried blood off of her skin. "Dang, I cant believe I never felt this..." she mumbled to herself. Her hand was then a reddish brown, so she just rubbed her hand in the carpet. "Mabye I do have some issues with manners..."

Edited by shadow_claw

Marie was lost in thought, recalling her earlier blunder and clearly still flustered for it. Suddenly a voice interrupted her thoughts and she looked at Ianthe dumbly until her words sunk in. She blinked in understanding and then cast her gaze up wards and to the right as if there were something there which revealed the memory she sought. Unable to find much but one of a vague response she'd received from her grandmother once she shrugged at Ianthe. "I was told that I'd had it on me since birth. I wasn't born into my family....I, uh" Marie looked troubled, she wondered if she should really be admitting she wasn't of the same blood as her family? What if that made her seem like a 'love-child'. Marie blinked again and worried her lip like she usually did. What if she really was a 'love-child'!? Once again completely drawn into thoughts she was forced out of them by a memory tick, reminding her in an instant what she was meant to be doing."I was, found as an infant." She finished in an uncertain whisper."

((Marie and Ianthe are at the back of the room, while you guys are at the front. Marie's a pretty quiet kid, too. I don't think Sawyer could have heard them, especially if she was already concentrated on a conversation with the others.))

"Well, I was adopted too, actually, and I've talked to Rachel and Robby and both of them were...have had the pin for as long as they remember too." Ianthe looked at the others, all sitting in a group at the front. The teacher didn't seem to notice their whispered conversations, so she decided to go on. "Oh, and Angel, over there. She has a pin too, and I think it's the same with her. And none of our parents have given straight answers. About the pins, when we ask. It's - honestly, it's just ridiculous, but no one else seems to care about it." Frustrated, Ianthe dug her fingers into the carpet.

Marie listened, her eyes widening with each word entirely mystified. Suddenly she blushed and felt a sudden character change sweep over her and she gave a cute blush, reaching out with a nervous hand and tugging Ianthe's clothing. "I-Ianthe...isn't this....." If it were possible Marie would have been blushing a deeper, sweeter pink, her ears slightly reddened though they hid beneath her hair. "Isn't this like...a-a faerie tale?" She asked, finishing in a awe-filled whisper and looking straight into Ianthe's eyes with child-like expectancy.

Ianthe blinked. A fairy tale? "Well. Yes, I guess." She was thrown off by Marie's reaction again. She seemed excited by the idea. But why? Ianthe had never had much interest in stories, preferring to observe things in real life. Nothing existed outside of what was told to you, in a story. What else did they do after living happily after, she had asked, and they had told her that they didn't know, or that they didn't do anything else because that's where the story ends. In real life, things had reasons for happening. Realizing that she had spaced out, Ianthe started and mumbled something resembling an apology to Marie. "Yeah. So, uh, what about it? Does that matter?" She cast another nervous glance at the teacher, trying to avoid eye contact with Marie.

Marie self consciously drew her hand into her lap and looked out at the window absently lost in wild dreams. It wasn't the happy endings or even the princes, but the wonderful princesses who had beautiful voices and were always so good with animals. Animals were her passion and singing she admired but had little confidence to pursue unless alone. Hearing a mumble of apology from Ianthe she snapped back into reality and blushed again feeling guilty at also having spaced out. She glanced at Ianthe slightly surprised and then a little forlorn smiled pulled her lips and she looked back out the window. "No, I guess it doesn't matter." Her voice still a shy whisper. She wished it did, what she wouldn't give to be one of those fairy tale girls singing with animals and running about in forests with them prancing and scampering at their heels. And, oh! How she would just love to be able to speak with them like some of the princesses could! Marie sighed absently, once again lost in her thoughts, hands crossing over one another so that her palms capped her elbows as if she were holding herself together.

Edited by Chasilin

Sawyer's mind wandered to the forest. She loved the forest, and lots of times she would find animals that people seldom saw. One day, when she was gathering water, she watched a little red fox walk by. In his teeth, was a plump chicken. Sawyer laughed, and the fox ran away at the noise.

"Silly little fox." she giggled.

Ms.Hatford spoke up, "Good morning class. I'm Ms.Hatford, your manners teacher. Now, your other teacher said we have some issues." She then got out a long wooden stick. In a more angry tone Ms.Hatford pointed to each of the Dove Children and Derek and said. "All of you come with me."

Rachel was puzzled, "Why are we going? In matter of fact, where are we going?" She got up and stood behind the teacher nervously. Unaware on what's happening.

Ms.Hatford spoke up, "Good morning class. I'm Ms.Hatford, your manners teacher. Now, your other teacher said we have some issues." She then got out a long wooden stick. In a more angry tone Ms.Hatford pointed to each of the Dove Children and Derek and said. "All of you come with me."

Rachel was puzzled, "Why are we going? In matter of fact, where are we going?" She got up and stood behind the teacher nervously. Unaware on what's happening.

Robby got up at the teachers command. "Where are we going?" he asked, innocently. But he realized who they had selected. All of the Dove-pinned kids.

Marie got to her feet as instructed, instinctively moving to stand somewhat behind Ianthe, scared out of her wits. She'd never gotten into trouble before, she was raised to do as she was told and now she was being told to go with the teacher. Worried, Marie tried to stay close to Ianthe, the only girl she seemed to be able to speak to, earlier she'd helped out Rachel even though it was hard to behave so openly, but she hadn't spoken to anyone else since then. Only Ianthe.

Sawyer looked around nervously. She noticed that all of the children that were told to stand up had pins. "Where are we going?" she asked. She brushed her long, silky hair out of her face. "what did we do? And why does the teacher seem so angry?" she thought frantically. Sawyer instantly began rubbing her thumb across her pin. Her eyes then darted to the sitck in her teacher's hands. "Would you at least tell us why we are getting the switch?". She asked boldly. Her father used the switch her when she was bad, and she belived it to be a discipline tool, but Mrs. Hatford could at least tell them why.

Edited by shadow_claw

Ms.Hatford replied to the questioning children, "You'll see young sir. You all will see. It's not a switch though..." She then had a grim smile on her face.

Rachel tried to think positive, but couldn't think of any positive things. "Where are we going? Are we going to be killed? Beaten? Sent off? Where?! " She thought to herself in a scared way.

Sawyer looked very concerned. The last thing she did wrong was, well, she didn't remember when. "Besides, this is the first day we have ever met each other!" she said honestly.

((Please put all character sheets in the OOC. Thank you. :3))

Ms.Hatford made a serious face while looking at the children. "Now children, no talking in the line anymore. Or else your palms will meet the stick." She then turned to the rest of the class. "To the rest of you, the teacher next door, Mr.Dawntown, is going to be watching over you. And you better not make a peep. If he hears you, there will be no free time outside for you."

Rachel stood in the line very nervous. She felt around in her bag for the little seed. "Thank goodness I have you little seed. I'd be more scared out of my mind if you weren't in my bag." Rachel thought to herself. She then remembered the apple tree and how beautiful it was in the spring.

Ianthe stood up and joined the line without a word. The teacher's grim expression worried her. She turned to see Marie behind her, looking terrified. Had she decided to stick to her now? Unable to come up with something comforting to say, Ianthe looked away. All of the kids with pins have been called. Is this about them? She looked at the dark-haired girl from earlier. She doesn't have one, though...or does she? Hmm. Ianthe rocked back and forth on her feet as she waited for the teacher to get going.

Sawyer had to bite her lip from protesting. She looked crossly at Mrs. Hatford. She hated getting hit! What did she do? Sawyer hid her face behind her very thick hair.

Angel hopped up silently, blinking at the teacher. She didn't seem as nice as the other one...

Derek stood behind her, looking solemn. It seemed like the only people who were being called out were the ones who were talking beforehand. Did they get into so much trouble for that?

Angel tiptoed her way next to Marie and nudged her. She looked up at her with big green eyes. "Do you know what's going on?"

Robby wait in line for a while. He hoped that the teacher would finally get this over with; he couldn't take the strange looks from his peers.

Maried 'meeped' out loud like a startled mouse, she hadn't expected anyone to appear so suddenly near her since she and Ianthe were at the back. None the less it had happened and as a result Marie took and involuntary step forward, away from the unexpected voice and right into Ianthe.

She backed up quickly and bumped into the other girl and looked on the verge of tears at her clumsiness. Biting it back she calmed herself down, her fingers methodically rubbing the dove pin.

Finally a little easier she apologized to both frantically, with hushed little whispers so as not to get caught. Marie shook her head at the girl, unable to make another sound for fear of having to be treated with stinging palms.