PeachSapling

The Dove Pin

Would you like to join if it's approved?  

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Angel's blinked at Marie, seeing the shining tears fill Marie's eyes. She didn't mean to scare her. "Are you okay?" Glancing over to the teacher, she took another step closer to Marie. "She scares me... What did we do wrong?" She shook her head, then looked at Marie with a weak smile. "I'm Angel. What's your name?"

Adriana stood up and looked at the teacher with uncertainty. What had they done? She looked at the other kids, she didn't even know them. Adriana felt scared but she didn't show it. She boldly stepped in line. She'd been treated worse when her father had come home drunk so she figured this wouldn't be too bad. She clenched her teeth and waited for the teacher to say something.

Ianthe stumbled forward a few steps before regaining her balance. She turned to face Marie and blinked helplessly at her whispered apologies. Instead of trying to come up with a suitable response, Ianthe turned to Angel. "Don't talk!" She hissed in a low voice, glaring at the other girl. We're in enough trouble already! Why can't you just listen? She added in her mind.

It seemed to Marie that this girl, now named Angel, had little fear of getting caught. She was extremely grateful for Ianthe when she turned around and snapped at the girl, Marie winced but all the same she was glad for it. Now, at least, she didn't feel obliged to reveal her own name. It could wait until after whatever was going to happen had already happened. Turning her back tot he girl she faced forward, looking at Ianthe's back and afraid to let her eyes wander anywhere else as she awaited to get moving.

((Uh, where's Peach? We can't stand forever x.x))

((Sorry for the big delay. It was getting near 12:00 and I had to go to bed.))

Ms.Hatford opened the door and lead the children out into the hallway. Next, she walked over to the two flight of stairs and went down the ones going down. Ms.Hatford took out a key and unlocked the doors leading into more stairs to the dark basement. She walked down the stairs until they got to the bottom. "This will teach you not to make a gang in our school. You're going to stay here until lunchtime." Ms.Hatford said to them strictly. Then, she walked back up the stairs, closed the big doors leading to the basement, and locked them with a key. After that, she walked back to the classroom.

Rachel stood in the darkness with the other Dove children, not wanting to move an inch. "Did the teachers think we tried to make a gang? I don't see the purpose of a gang though." She thought to herself.

((Note: Derek is with them.))

Sawyer stared at the other people blankly. "Gang? These teachers are mad! I haven't met any of you guys untill today!" she raged. Her sliver eyes were filled with fury. " This is just plain ridiculous! She could at least find out wether or not that's a rumor!"

Edited by shadow_claw

Marie followed as the teacher led them down steep steps deeper beneath the castle until finally the children were herded into a dark and dusty room like cattle. Keeping close to Ianthe she clutched her hands to her chest, folding them over one another nervously. She felt very small and shivered as the light cast from the door narrowed into a thing line before disappearing all together. She reached out a hand in silence, starting for the door and then let it pull back to her chest, as she fought tears again. "W-what happened." She said pathetically with a small whine to the whisper of her voice; she was speaking to Ianthe but in the dark room her voice seemed to carry.

( I thought the plan was to have them somewhat interrogated, and the pins confiscated. Oh well. )

"I really don't know," Robby responded to Marie. It was the first he could remember her talking to him. But whatever's happening, I don't like it."

He looked around, but there was hardly anything to look at. He started to make his way through the mass and into the darkness, so see if he could find anything.

Edited by thegreenrobby

((We can still have that happen after the punishment. And "weather" refers to the stuff that's going on in the air outside. "Whether" is the word you're looking for.))

A gang? Ianthe raised an eyebrow at the idea. That was ridiculous. But it couldn't have been a coincidence that all of the kids with pins were called. Unless... "Wait." Ianthe said, hoping she was loud enough. She opened her bag and retrieved her pin, holding it up. "Does...does everyone here have, uh, one of these, things? The teacher might have thought that, well, um." That we couldn't have all had the same pin if we didn't know each other yet, and that it must have been a sign of membership in some sort of gang. Come on, say it. "That it meant we were in a gang, or something." She finished, nearly inaudibly. Ianthe shoved her pin back into her bag.

((thanks))

Sawyer looked at Ianthe, and slowly pulled her pin out of the pocket of her coat. "I have a pin, do you guys have pins too?" sawyer asked slowly. She brushed her hair from her face once more. Sawyer looked at the others to see how they responded to Isathe.

Rachel listened to the sound of the other children's voices. "I have a pin." Rachel said to everyone else. She brushed her brown hair away to reveal her Dove pin.

Edited by PeachSapling

"Yes, as a matter of fact, I do, as well as everyone else here. I can see why they thought that this was a 'gang.'" He held out his pin still attached to his shirt, stretching it up a little.

Robby decided to take a minor role of leader. He decided to ask the group a few questions. "Anyways, I want to get to the bottom of this. It seems that we all have a near-identical history. We have had the pin as long as we can remember, and we were all adopted, right? Anyone who hasn't gone through that, speak up now."

Sawyer nodded, and twirled the pin in her hand. "I wonder why though, this is the first time I have ever met any of you guys." she said. "So, what you're saying is...that we are all similar in ways?" Sawyer started to pace the basement.

Sawyer nodded, and twirled the pin in her hand. "I wonder why though, this is the first time I have ever met any of you guys." she said. "So, what you're saying is...that we are all similar in ways?" Sawyer started to pace the basement.

"I would guess so. So, is there anyone who wasn't adopted, as I said?"

Ianthe rolled her eyes in the dark. Robby hadn't even seemed to care when she asked practically the same question to the group just a few minutes ago. Though she was glad that she didn't have to speak up about it anymore, it was still a little infuriating. She shrugged and moved away from the entrance to the basement to explore the rest of it, still listening to the others' conversation. She found a cobwebbed stack of boxes in one corner and squinted at the labels. Does anyone even use this stuff? It must have been down here forever.

Ianthe rolled her eyes in the dark. Robby hadn't even seemed to care when she asked practically the same question to the group just a few minutes ago. Though she was glad that she didn't have to speak up about it anymore, it was still a little infuriating. She shrugged and moved away from the entrance to the basement to explore the rest of it, still listening to the others' conversation. She found a cobwebbed stack of boxes in one corner and squinted at the labels. Does anyone even use this stuff? It must have been down here forever.

((Robby's refering to the birth/origin, not just the pins, themselves.))

When they had been shut in the dark room, Adriana had tried to open the door but it was of course locked. She sighed and went to set against the wall. Her eyes started to adjust to the darkness and Adriana could out the other kids standing a little ways from her. She watched and listened, like she always did and she said nothing.

((Guys, if you wanna talk to Adriana, you're going to have to take the first step. She is not the type that will strike up a conversation. tongue.gif))

((Aaaaaah I'm so behind!))

Derek reached for his pin, jerking it off with unnecessary force. "Speak now? That would be me. What have I been dragged into? This is absurd! I shouldn't even be here." He huffed and threw the pin on the floor. "You're all talking about being 'special' in some way. Well, guess what. I'm not part of the group. I'm very much a normal person with a fairly normal past." He turned on his heels and tromped off to one of the especially darker areas of the basement, no longer interested in what was being said or done.

Angel blinked in the darkness, feeling her chin tremble at her brother's outburst and the clinking on the ground that could be none other than the dove pin replica she had spend a lot of time making. She thought he had liked her gift to him, but this seemed to have pushed him over the edge and farther away than he already was. Shaking her head, she took a breath and turned away, trying to hide her reaction. She started feeling along the walls, searching for something interesting. "Is there anything cool in here?" She reached the boxes Ianthe was looking at. Pulling the lid off one of them she peeked inside. Coughing on the dust, she waved a hand in front of her face. She squinted at the darkness hiding the contents. "I can't see anything," she complained. Pulling the box off the stack she dragged it to an area where no one was standing. Grinning mischievously, she pulled some flint and steel from her pocket. "No one would mind if I lit the area a bit, would they?"

Sawyer jumped in alarm as Derek threw his decoy. She let out a light yelp. Sawyer then turned her very short attention span to Angel. "I think I have a candle somewhere in my pocket..." she said. Her shoved her hands in her pockets, and fished around for the small lump of candle. "Ah! Found it!" she cried happily. She strode to Angel, and handed her the deformed candle. "There you are!"

Robby picked up Derek's old pin. He examined it and realized that it was a fake. "Huh," he muttered, as he saw him stomp his way into a corner. Worried, he followed him in. He couldn't see anything in the light, so he spoke to him blindly.

"Hey. You okay? You seemed upset," he said. After a moment, he added, "This pin is fake, I noticed. Did your sis make it for you? Because I thought it was a nice guesture."

Sawyer jumped in alarm as Derek threw his decoy. She let out a light yelp. Sawyer then turned her very short attention span to Angel. "I think I have a candle somewhere in my pocket..." she said. Her shoved her hands in her pockets, and fished around for the small lump of candle. "Ah! Found it!" she cried happily. She strode to Angel, and handed her the deformed candle. "There you are!"

Angel took the candle uncertainly. "Ookay..."

Robby picked up Derek's old pin. He examined it and realized that it was a fake. "Huh," he muttered, as he saw him stomp his way into a corner. Worried, he followed him in. He couldn't see anything in the light, so he spoke to him blindly. "Hey. You okay? You seemed upset," he said. After a moment, he added, "This pin is fake, I noticed. Did your sis make it for you? Because I thought it was a nice guesture."

Derek looked up sharply as a boy approached. What was his name... Bobby? No, it... Ah, Robby. "Okay? Honestly, is anyone here okay?" He decided this was answer enough for the first question. After a pause of consideration, he responded to the second. "She did. But honestly, I'm not sure what to think of it anymore. I mean, where did you all get them from? She had one, and now I have something like one. And now I'm here, and I'm stuck in this castle instead of back home." He sighed. "I really don't want this. I don't think I'm cut out for it. But I'm doing it because I have to." He looked up to try to examine Robby's expression, but the darkness was still winning out. "Does anyone honestly want to be here?"

Sawyer gave Angel a huge, but polite smile. "Don't worry, wax doesnt bite!" she said happily. "That should last a little longer than just burning stuff."

Rachel heard the "clink" of Derek's decoy pin fall in the floor. Making out in the darkness that Robby was calming him down, she walked over to Angel and Ianthe. "You can do it Angel, we believe in you!" Rachel said to Angel, trying to make her feel better.

Sawyer gave her a reassuring smile. "okay, so what you need to do, is strike the metal to the flint hard enough that it makes sparks. You just have to get one of those sparks going to start a fire." she said. Sawyer knew how to make fires. Her adoptive father had showed her how. "It's a little tricky, but I'm sure you can do it." she encouraged.

"To tell the truth, I don't really want to be here, either. But there is not too much we can do," he said, somewhat un-motivational from how he wanted. He didn't like it, so he added, "Anyways, she made that pin for you so you wouldn't feel left out, right? Well, it still applies here. So what? We're adopted. There's nothing really special about that. So far, this pin doesn't signify anything else, really."

There was a pause.

"...Until now. I realized that these pins signify us as friends. I don't know exactly what is going to happen in this wacky school, but we're going to have to stick with each other." He reached out to give him his pin back, but his arm his him. Or so he thought. He reached for it again, and realized that he was standing in front of a stack of boxes.

He spoke out again. "You dropped this," he said, holding up the pin. "Would you please come and claim it? I can't see a blasted thing in here."