CYDA LUVA83

Ancient Beginnings

((I wish I could join, but I lack the ability to roleplay >.> And I demand that I be allowed to see New Beginnings despite the fact that it dropped of the face of the Earth. PLEASE.))

((Sorry DayGlory, New Beginnings can't be read by anyone, not even us v_v. It's been deleted. Perhaps the mods have archived it, but it was deleted so long ago, it's probably not there anymore.

I can give you a run-down though.

NB was started August 8th, 2008 by a user named Horseshoe. It continued on for about 400 pages before some of the users you see here found it and started RPing in it.

Everything went great until we hit the 2,100 page mark. Some drama sparked up between a few of the users, taking away the time and want to Role Play in NB.

It sort of fizzled out, everyone lost their original ideas and plots that were open to be RPed just died. We asked for the dead Role Play to be deleted around September 2010.

Thus ending a great era of RPing.

Then, after a year of stasis, we gathered everyone back up and restarted NB. Renaming it Ancient Beginnings.))

Fiyara watched as the magi sat down next to er, disinclined to move from her chilly spot by the wall. The cold would chase him off eventually, and then she would have more time to think, ponder, possibly plan. She chuckled at the magi's speech, finding something familiar and heartwarming within the tone of his voice. She felt like she could trust this one, but she had no idea how, or why she had come to this conclusion. She felt something nagging at her from the back of her mind, but payed it no heed for now; it would hit her eventually.

"I'm fine." She lied, putting thoughts of the unnatural cold that followed her out of mind. Surely, it wouldn't still be holding a grudge... right?

"It's more others I'm worried about. Even if one gets picked off, if we make a habit of that each raid, we'll be gone in a year, maybe two or three." She said seriously, looking towards the magi now with serious eyes.

"Not that I don't appreciate you helping, just don't get yourself killed." She finished with a sigh, somewhat glad to have gotten that off of hr chest at last. Ever since her friend had been dragged off, she had been unable to confide her worries to others, not wishing to seem weak or slagging now that she had gotten everyone this far into surviving. Especially now that there were more here than ever before.

'Not sure if thinks me for dead and has no idea who I am, or just trolling.

Either way, can't blame her. It's been ages... -Varaug thought.

'Pleh... We were caught off-guard, weak and disoriented, and still most everyone came out okay. Next time they come by, we'll be ready for em'! -Varaug said self-confidently, having faith in his own words as well.

'Just think -he got up and started pacing around in front of her- 'The barrier back up... the clan back together... we have to clear the castle of vermin and... well, any potential demons at some point. But holy pootis! It's so great to be back! -he finished and sighed deeply, calming once more.

'I uhm... sorry. It's just, this place means a lot to me. It was our home once, after all. -the magi looked at the floor for a brief moment- 'It means a lot to me, I just want to put things back the way they were...

'And if I have to turn a few humans into paste to do that, then I'd gladly put myself in harm's way... blarg, but enough of my overambitious crud!

You have a name, no? -he arched an eyebrow and sat back down near her.

Edited by Ælex

Roran's jaw snapped shut as a familiar voice filled his head. It's been too long since he heard that voice. Tilting his head, the Alt Black stared into the Eagle's eyes. There he saw the dragon that taught him to fly, taught him how to be the dragon he is today. "What... Dad?" Roran stepped back, allowing Doom to stand up. "Is it really you? It can't be you... I thought... I thought you died!"

~~

Keisha's wings drooped a little as Akula mentioned his mother's death. Memories filled the Guardian's mind... Her parents had died long ago, her father getting killed protecting her egg and her mother from hunters. Her mom, Cara, getting killed as well shortly after the duo reunited at the grounds. Keisha glanced up into the clouds, a sad look in her eyes, then she looked back down at Akula.

"I'm sorry," Keisha whispered, hugging the sea dragon with one of her wings. "I know what it feels like to lose your parents. It's hard, especially at a young age. Forgive me for asking, I know it's a hard subject to talk about."

Keisha's tail swished back and fourth, she felt awkward now. "Um..." She mumbled, trying to change the subject. "Oh, here's another question." Keisha smiled. "When exactly did you arrive here? I mean, you had to have been born in this lake, right?"

Did I know his mother...? I don't remember any water or sea dragons living in the lake before the humans arrived...

Fiyara chuckled at the magi's enthusiasm, feeling her own return with sudden swiftness at his heated words. All was not lost; more dragons meant more to feed, yes, but it also meant more aid, and a stronger force, for when attacks did in fact come from the sky. She smiled. "Fiyara. Fiyara Shiverscales" She said cheerily, grinning like an idiot. Looking to the magi, she decided it would be worth asking his name, if only she knew it for the future.

"So, what's your name?" She questioned with warm interest, looking away from the magi, getting a slight hint. She frowned, shaking her head at the idea that had been forming. He had the same manner, the same voice... The same eyes...

It couldn't be! She had to check!

Looking towards the magi with a hopeful, confident gleam in her eyes, she stated her next question, trying her damnedest not to laugh or dance in sheer excitement at the possibility. She attempted to not get her hopes up, only to find that she was failing miserably.

"You wouldn't be named Varaug... would you?"

She'd recognised him... so much for using his anonymity to get a few laughs. But in all honestly, the fact she'd identified him was a fact to rejoice over for Varaug.

It would have been horribad for the magi had she completely forgotten he'd existed, even if it'd been two centuries...

'Moi? I am but merely... Yes 'e is! -Ashur spoke up behind them, he was just on his way to the main door when he'd overheard the conversation.

'Poor guy, almost flipped out from happy when he identified ya. -he added with a smirk and gave the magi a light shove.

'Go away. -Varaug telepathed flatly to the grey.

'WELL, I'm sure you two have a lot to say to one another. I'll be goin'.

'Gudday. -the grey added with a forced fake accent and paced through the door outside.

'~heh~ -he shook his head- 'Yup, that is my name! -he added joyfully.

Edited by Ælex

Fiyara raised an eyebrow in what could best be described as an awkward fashion as she watched this strange grey dragon intrude upon their conversation. befuddled she watched him leave, before looking back to the magi with a confused, what-the-hell-just-happened look. After a moment of staring at him with befuddlement, she shook her head, not sure whether the grey was being a jerk-wad or was actually serious. So, done with being befuddled, she settled with frowning towards Varaug, vaguely unsettled.

What she really wanted to do was tackle Varaug to the ground, and roar her defiance and anger in his face until he spilled the beans about where he had been for the last two hundred years, why he hadn't come back. Instead, she restrained herself, and managed a semi cordial sentence.

"It is you... Good to see you." she said evenly, slightly coldly, nodding her head towards the magi, a slight frown on her face.

'I... -the magi's smile vanished- 'F-Fiyara? What... what's wr... -he started to say, and then it hit him like a lead weight.

'Oh... yes. I've been gone for ages. But-but I can explain. -he got up and started to pace around in front of her, explaining in excruciating detail what he remembered of how the siege on the castle proceeded, how they were ambushed, trapped and frozen... finally, he sat down right in front of her and looked her dead in the eyes.

'I know you're upset with me... you probably think I'm a reckless, stupid, blundering idiot for heading off towards here and allowing this to happen... and you're right.

Staring down at his paws for a moment, unsure of how to proceed, he sighed deeply and looked back into Fiyara's eyes hoping the disappointment he saw in them would wash away.

'I... -he paused for a moment- ...I was blinded by my desire to help bring back what we lost when the demon filth attacked us to see the dangers, and the consequences of our failure. -he went on, and on...- 'I'm sorry. I'm so, so sorry.

Fiyara listened to Varaug with ebbing patience, tail trembling with her contained frustrations. The news that they had been defeated had been no surprise to her; it was, after all, the natural conclusion one would come to after someone had been absent for two hundred freaking years after going off to fight demons. As he went on, her rage and frustration seemed to melt away, only leaving a mild sadness. As it was, she'd almost gone with him herself out of impulse. Looking up at Varaug, she found that she couldn't quite bear the repeated sorrows and apologies; each one set a stab to her heart. Did she really want to make Varaug feel so miserable right after meeting him?

No.

Moving her head, she nuzzled him on the side of his snout, apology in her eyes too.

"Yes, you are. But I was almost guilty of the same. If it wasn't for Lita, I would have followed you to the end..."

She moved into a hug, nuzzling him with her forehead, trying her utmost to comfort him, to get rid of all the angst she had suddenly dumped on his doorstep. "I forgive yah... You did nothing wrong, Var, nothing..."

For a chilling moment he figured Fiyara might have remained angry at him, with good reason, too.

That horrible moment when when your heart misses a beat while your mind scrambles on all the bad variables...

But everything had turned out better than expected.

Nuzzling her back, Varaug breathed a sigh of relief.

'Thank you. -he said quietly, let go and moved back a bit.

'Two hundred years it's been... you've changed some... -he commented and traced her head to tail.

'You're even more beautiful than I remember you.

((Prepare for a fence (that's right, a fence, not a wall) of suck.))

Fusion opened her eyes and groaned, curious as to why Garinka and her were sleeping during the day. She knew Garinka liked to be warm while sleeping, but during the day? The dorsal dragon climbed out of the nest, her scales sweaty and her body overheated. Fusion opened her wings and shook like a dog, wanting some air to cool her body down.

Something clanged against her neck, it felt like a little block of wood tied around her. She reached up to feel around her neck and found a little charm hanging by a leather strap around her long neck. The charm had a wavy symbol on it that struck familiar chords in her brain, but she couldn't place its origin at the moment.

That wasn't important now, what was important was getting outside and in the air, it was positively stuffy in the resting area, and it reeked of zombie.

Fusion trotted out the front door cautiously. But seeing no giant, talking bottles of mouthwash, she continued on. She trotted past Keisha, Akula, and the others to the very edge of the pond. Looking into the forest that lay on its brink, the dragon decided to go in. Her better judgment was gone along with her sanity and logical reasoning.

The bushes rustled all around her as she continued on, the wind was even rattling warnings her way, crying for her to turn back with its gentle breezes. Crows shrieked at her, the stranger, as she walked through the wood. Nature was oblivious to her. But as she came to a clearing, Fusion noticed dragon bones. Investigating, she noticed the skull had elongated fangs and the tail had a bony club.

Who did these bones belong to...? Terrydar, Terrider, Terra... Terra... Terrador! That was it! No used crying over dead bones, she thought. Nothing for them now...

Something shiny streaked past the corner of her eye. Fusion turned around to face whatever it was, but it was gone. The Eldest started urging her to leave the Forbidden Forest, the wise voice's tone almost convincing her to get away. But the flash of silver streaked past the corner of her eye again and The Eldest quieted down.

"Who's there?" Fusion called, her dilated eyes darted around the clearing. Her question was met with a loud hiss.

All of a sudden, she was pinned to the ground, sharp claws digging into her shoulders. Her back was to the ground and her dorsal was pinned underneath her at a painful angle, causing her to fidget. The dragon who had pinned her like prey was incredibly heavy, forcing her to exhale the breath she had been holding. She looked up at her attacker, gasping at who it was.

The dragon's scales were a silver-brownish color, his mane that ran along his back was patchy and mottled brown, his eyes were pupiless and held no sentient thought, but the fangs were the same. The sharp vampire fangs that her assailant had gained after attacking his son-in-law.

It was Arget.

Fusion remembered him, remembered what marriage they used to have, the life they used to live together. But he didn't remember her; there was no trace of recognition in his eyes. She was his prey, and he was hungry.

"Arzee..." She started to say, "Arget, it-" But the dorsal dragon was cut off as Arget hissed again and bit down on her neck, draining her of her blood. Of course she struggled against it, but Arget had grown very strong during his years of solitude and her writhes were useless.

The feeling of having your blood drained by a vampire is intoxicating. While the bite itself was not painful, only a pinprick feeling, the feeling of blood being taken from her body through her neck left the dragon dizzy and feeling quite drunk.

Arget retracted his fangs, small droplets of blood dripping onto the grass as he stepped back, sated. Fusion rolled onto her side facing away from Arget. Why'd she have to leave the fort and come exploring? Her neck hurt like fire now and she couldn't see straight. Trying to get up was useless, she felt numb all over. The silver vampire looked over at the dragoness that lay in the grass, his predatorial instincts screaming to finish her off, to drink it all. But he was content to remain where he was.

The dorsal's body shuddered in sudden chill as she blacked out from blood loss. He walked back over to the sleeping body of his mate, if they were still called mates. The strange dragon he had fed off of still didn't ring many bells of recognition in his head, but something told him not to kill this one. Instead, he lay down beside her and looked around the clearing, thinking he might take a nap as well.

((Bleh. I don't like this post, too... newbish.))

Edited by CYDA LUVA83

((Trying to remember the dragon bloodline... Fusion and Arget had Niomi, am I correct? Cause Roran is Niomi's mate.))

((Yeah.

Keisha___Doom--|---Fusion___Arget

____|___|______|________|_____

Cynder_Roran_Spyro____Niomi___

__|--------|--------|----------|_____

__|-----Niro, Nixon|, ect.-----_____

________Elena________________

Keisha and Doom made Cynder and Roran.

Doom and Fusion adopted Spyro.

Fusion and Arget made Niomi.

Cynder and Spyro made Elena.

Roran and Niomi made Niro and the others.

*dead*))

Fiyara flushed, stuffing down the impulse to hide behind her wing. Instead, she chuckled, looking towards him with a cheeky grin. "You look pretty fine, considering what you've been through for the past two centuries." she said lightly, answering a compliment with yet more compliments. With a frown, she realized she had a question yet on her mind, of of utmost importance. Turning back to the magi, she looked slightly abashed as she phrased her next question carefully...

"So, uhh, who was that odd dragon who butted in earlier? The grey..." She questioned the question of utmost importance with a frown, just wanting to get to the bottom of that crazy few moments in her life.

'It's Ashur... he was part of the team when we attacked the castle.

Don't mind him much, he's probably just in a bad mood. Has a bad habit of being a bit of a... -the magi paused, trying to find the right word- 'A troll... when he's like this. -he finished and scratched himself nervously. Speaking ill of a friend never felt well...

'Well... everyone seems to be settling in again. -he looked back for a moment- 'It's getting late... what with the barrier down, I wouldn't want to be outside when it gets pitch-black.

...that would be bad. -he added quietly in contemplation.

The issue with the barrier suddenly seemed a lot more important...

Maybe the library had something on it. Who knows...

'Have to purge the ruins of any remaining demons too... -he thought, looked at the ground and counted the ways one would go about doing that, then looked back at Fiyara, smiled, but said nothing.

For now, bothering her with these issues was the last thing he wanted to do, no matter how important they seemed.

Panting slightly, Greilac swayed on her feet, bracing herself against the ground, head spinning. For one terryfying moment, she had no idea how long she had been out, nor what had happened during that time. She vaugely remembered a dragon passing her about five hours ago, a slight bonus upon having no idea how long it had been since she had blacked out. That, admittedly, still perturbed her; never in her existance had she been unable to count the time between two solid points. Looking into the forest, she attempted to remember which way the dragon had gone, frantically theorizing that perhaps this dragon would have a less shaky grasp of the time. Stumbling to an upright position, she turned and started stumping her way into the Forbidden Forest...

---------------------)

Vayli touched down upon the deck of the new castle, glancing about with a frown upon her face. She had not seen her friend, Greilac, since she had flown off to aud the others in taking down the flying machine. It had been getting dark for a while now, and the Fey had been forced to turn in for the night, mainly for reasons of camouflage; at the night time, she stuck out like a sore thumb. A ripe target for any ambitious hunters out there. With a belated sigh, she stumbled inside, to the nesting area, for it was long past naptime.

Farengar looked up at the intruder who dared to come into the upstairs. Annoyed with this, he looked up from his book at Vayli. "What are you doing in here? Authorized personell only! This room is shared by Fiyara and I, we are the leaders here, no one else." He set the book down on the table that sat in the center of the room and stood up.

"I'll ask you once more. What are you doing in here?"

~~~~~

Arget jerked up, groggy from sleeping. He looked up at the sky, good it was night. He heard a great lumbering mass coming through the woods. It was reflective, metallic, and looked like it could seriously injure him. His instincts told him to run. So he jumped to his feet and ran away from the clearing without a backwards glance at Fusion. Perhaps the dorsal dragon would serve as a distraction to Greilac, and his hide would be spared.

Fusion still lay in the centre of the clearing, her scales were quite pale and a small pool of blood had formed around her head. Dried blood lay stiff on her scales and caked around the two vampire bite marks that puckered her neck. The dragon's breathing had grown quite raspy and her heart had slowed, but she wasn't dead yet. Medical attention would save the unconcious dragon.

Meanwhile, a good distance away from the ruins themselves, Raiden was still weaselling his way towards the castle ruins, drawn in by the commotion he'd picked up from there. Suddenly, he felt a chilling presence, or even several nearby... The sun was setting, and that could mean only one thing...

'Creepers... -Raiden mumbled quietly, referring to the multitude of feral beasts or just unnatural abominations that roamed the open plains at night. They seemed to favour the the dense dark woods, but he wasn't safe anywhere.

Curling up on the ground, he focused for a moment.

Momentarily, he felt the all-too familiar ill-gotten feeling that shapeshifting caused. It did not last long but it was impossible to get used to. And what better way to stay disguised and unhindered in the dangerous woods than disguised as an innocent little squirrel? It still befuddled him as to why, of all the species of animals on the planet, his mother thought it'd be cute to teach him to turn into something so small and harmless! Still... it'd kept him safe for decades.

Scrambling up the nearest tree, he found a comfortable branch and relaxed as best he could, watching the sun slowly set and the stars start to appear, one by one.

=============================================

'Hm.. .that's weird. -Ashur said to himself quietly.

He may have lost one of his eyes, but not his acute sense of smell over his 200 year imprisonment, and right now, he was picking up a lot of strange scents from the surrounding woods... They were unlike anything he'd smelled before, not the mort flesh of the undead roaming the forbidden forest, but rather, something far more sinister.

'Sure hope the others make it back inside on time...

=============================================

A sudden realization hit Varaug like a led weight from a 50 foot drop.

'F-Fiyara... what happened to our friends? Where are they? -the worry was practically reverberating between his every word, especially considering it wouldn't be long before darkness fell upon the castle ruins...

Doom stood up and changed painfully back to dragon form. "Ugh...That hurts..." He looke at Roran blankly for about a minute then jumped forward and hugged him tightly. "Dear god how long has it been since I've seen you." He said, voice cracking as he held back the tears.

--------------------

Akula bounced a bit on his tail for a few seconds. "I don't mind talking about my parents, just hard, that's all." He said smiling widely at her, which was his way of relieving his mind of the horrific memories. He thought for a second. "Nope, I was born in the Antartic Ocean." He said, wiggling his flippers. "It was cold there, but because of that, I can handle cold waters really well, but if I get too hot, it can be hard to swim." He shook from side to side. He is a cheery dragon, even with the humans.

Edited by Doomkaiser

Fiyara blinked in shock as the question came to her, paralyzing guilt and regret washing over her like an ice cold bath. Lita, he was talking about Lita. With a sigh, she turned her nose to the ground, shuffling a paw and attempting to think up a semi coherent sentence.

Lita, he was asking after Lita, for good reason. After all, she had been under Fiyara's care for the past two hundred years, up until recently, when she had failed to save her friend from one of the human raids.

"Lita's gone. The humans took her." she said shortly, putting the end of her snout to the ground before looking up at Varug with a fierce yet defeated expression on her face.

"I couldn't save her... There were too many, too goddamn many..." She moaned, shuffling her paw in the dirt, trying to get across to Varaug that she had tried to save her friend. It would have her her within for him to think she had just stood by and watched her best friend die...

---------------------)

Greilac paused, scanning the forest in slight confusion. There was a clearing up ahead, that much was adamant, but she could swear she had heard or seen something. With a snort, she lumbered forwards, believing that anything dumb enough to attack her physically would have more than earned it's death at her claws. As she tromped into the clearing, however, she could not have been more surprised if the moon had turned about and given her a good ol' moon!

Lying in the centre of the clearing was a dorsal, still and out cold. Approaching, Greilac looked down with some curiosity, before seeing the blood crusted about her neck and the two fang marks there.

Vampires!

She growled, scanning the surroundings with an angry eye. Boy, if she ever got her hands on the vampire who had done this!

She heard breathing. From the Dorsal. She yet lived, here was yet hope; she had no chance of catching the vampire who had done this, it had long slunk off into the woods. Yet, she still had a chance of saving it's poor victim's life.

Carefully, she picked up the dorsal, not wanting to accidentally harm her further with her sharp claws. Almost daintilly, the colossal behemoth turned around, seeing the giant pathway she had cleared in the forest from her earlier passing; the way back.

She walked. All the way out of the fores, mindful of her burden.

---------------------)

Vayli froze as she walked, almost stumbling forwards onto her face. catching herself with her wings, she looked with a semi annoyed expression to the interloper who had disturbed her dazed walking. It took her a moment or two to realize she wasn't supposed to be here, to which she looked about in silent bewilderment. This place didn't look so remarkable; there wasn't much to set it aside form anywhere else, in Vayli's eyes.

"Looking for a place to sleep. You wouldn't happen to have anywhere like that nearby, would you?" She questioned, bewilderment clear in her voice. Perhaps when he realized she was a newcomer, he would be far less likely to bite.

'That's... very unfortunate. -the magi answered quietly, unsure of which feeling he should give into. Lita's fate was sorrowful news... and by the looks of things, Fiyara was more then just upset about it...

'I'm certain you did everything possible to protect her. -he tried to comfort her- Horrible things just happen, sometimes.

Then he looked out the window and started...

'Humans... -he said through clenched teeth- 'Humans, are small, squishy, cowardly and very very greedy. But they are a horde... -he continued, looking back at Fiyara.

'Vengeance is never something worth enforcing, but... -he put one of his paws in the other, and cracked the joints within the first- ...if you know where they went after the assault... some day, we should rally some help, and go pay them a visit.

'Show them what it's like to be on the receiving end of a sharp claw. -he finished, trying to hide his grin while the thoughts of that upcoming day flashed through his mind.

====================================================

'What.. -a metallic gleam in the distance had caught Ashur's eye. Squinting to make out the shape in the distance, he identified it as a kind of chrome-plated dragon carrying a purple dorsal...

'Fusion! -he yelled and ran towards them, intercepting them half-way.

'What happened? -was all the grey could think to ask...

The dorsal was unconscious, and very pale.

And then it hit him, a that sinister scent he'd picked up on from before, and it was coming from the woods... he glanced over, and saw them. Trudging out from within the shade of the dense cluster of trees were a dozen of the most disgusting atrocities he'd seen in a while. They looked like they were once human, but were now distended and mutated in a horrid manner. Some were covered in cysts larger than melons protruding from their necks, their faces were decomposed so badly their jaws were missing. Most of them were covered in some strange web-like substance down to chest-level... and their eyes were glowing a bright, eery yellow.

'Are you !@#$ing kidding me? -Ashur cussed.

One of the atrocities lifted its long gangly arms and pointed right at the three.

'They've escaped! -it hissed angrily.

Edited by Ælex

Doom stood up and changed painfully back to dragon form. "Ugh...That hurts..." He looke at Roran blankly for about a minute then jumped forward and hugged him tightly. "Dear god how long has it been since I've seen you." He said, voice cracking as he held back the tears.

--------------------

Akula bounced a bit on his tail for a few seconds. "I don't mind talking about my parents, just hard, that's all." He said smiling widely at her, which was his way of relieving his mind of the horrific memories. He thought for a second. "Nope, I was born in the Antartic Ocean." He said, wiggling his flippers. "It was cold there, but because of that, I can handle cold waters really well, but if I get too hot, it can be hard to swim." He shook from side to side. He is a cheery dragon, even with the humans.

Roran grinned, wrapping both his arms and wings around his father, nuzzling into his neck. "Around 200 years, maybe...?" The dragon said, sighing quietly. "Dad, what's going on around here? There's no food WHAT SO EVER. I can't find my children anywhere. Niomi and I have been searching all over for them and any other signs of dragons... Where is everybody? Is mom okay?" He rambled on, obviously worried.

~~

Keisha tilted her head. "The Atlantic? Really?" She smiled a bit at his enthusiasm. Keisha was happy that a small hatchling still enjoyed his life, even with everything going on around him. "Well... How exactly did you get here? The Atlantic is a few miles away, you said you weren't able to stay out of water for very long." She paused. "Unless... There's a tunnel underneath the lake somewhere that leads to the ocean?"

Doom broke away and smiled a bit. "Yeah, mom's fine." He looked up at the sky. "Only dragons I've seen are the ones that got us out of the amber and the ones that were in the amber." He said, sighing. His heart skipped a beat suddenly, causing him to gasp. "Woah...weird..." He said, clutching his chest. He coughed heavily, vision swimming a bit. "That...hurt..." He looked at Roran, smile having faded. "Well there are plenty of fish in the lake from what I gathered." He said, looking at the lake and then at the hole he made in the tree. "Stupid tree..." He mumbled.

------------------------

Akula nodded vigorously. "Eeyup, there's a tunnel at the bottom of the lake that goes down for a bit then levels out." He pointed towards the centre of the lake. "After a few miles, it expands into the open ocean." He felt himself drying a bit, so he slid into the shallow water for a second and then bounced back over to Keisha.