CYDA LUVA83

Ancient Beginnings

'Right... -the magi snatched the key and gave it a quick look-over. It looked ordinary... Still, he kept it and made his way to the castle entrance, sat down right at the door and leaned against the wall, looking around, delighted at what they'd managed to accomplish so quickly.

He didn't think much of this strange new magi, To Varaug, he was still a complete stranger... and that worried him. What if he goes and gets himself killed some time soon?! There would always be this nibbling fear at the back of his mind, that at any given point, everything could be over.

'Worth it... -he mumbled under his breath, looking around the now peaceful valley- ...at least for now.

He let off a sigh and waited for something to happen.

Edited by Ælex

Grublin struggled against his kidnapper, but all he could see was darkness, and all he could feel was two stiff arms restraining him. Finally, after forever in a few minutes, he was let go. The green dragon groped around in the darkness of the underground, his eyes not adjusting to total darkness. Something stabbed his wing mebrane, pinning him to the floor lest he want pain.

"Salvation. Is reserved. For those. Who pass. The. Test." Grublin froze, the sweat on his body felt like ice and his muscles trembled. "If you survive. An elevated existence awaits. Initiating phase one." He felt the blade be removed from his wing and whirring sounds echo through the cavern, not unlike the whirrs that machinery makes.

In the darkness, a scream of terror echoed throughout the caverns, reverberating of the slick stone walls until it was finally able to be heard from the amber room.

"Fire."

((You asked for something to happen...))

Edited by CYDA LUVA83

Keisha whirled around, just in time to see Doom fall. "NO!" She yelled, ignoring the Captain as she ran over to her mate's body. Roran was already gone, flying to safety, knowing that it was no use. Keisha growled softly, standing over her mate's body with tears in her eyes. She sensed no life coming from him. No... I can't... I just got him back. I can't lose him again!

Keisha roared loudly, wanting the Captain to hear. "SHOW YOURSELF!" She roared, needing to avenge her mate. When no answer followed, all Keisha could do was collapse next to her mates body, sobbing heavily. "Doom, please... Please wake up..." She pleaded, nuzzling his body, ignoring the blood staining her scales.

"Please..."

((I love how the only day when I'm not home, stuff happens. It's like you all plan for me to miss the action.

)) Edited by Krissi2197

Doom felt Keisha near him. Nightmare shrugged and said. "Guess you should wake up and tell her the plan." It shrugged and pointed towards a small light. Doom floated towards the light and back into the world of the living.

The sky blackened and a sound like a heartbeat reverberated over the grounds. Doom's wounds blackened and sealed up. His body started giving off darkness, his body blackened completely and he opened his eyes, rising and looking at Keisha. "Stay here, I'm playing along with the Captain's attempt to control me so I can kill him." Said Doom, with a mix of his voice and the Nightmare's. He rose up into the air and spread his wings, which were now batlike and dripping with a dark substance. He flew towards the castle ruins and entered the underground, searching for the Captain. "Master..." Hissed Doom, searching through the dark.

----------------------

Akula shuddered as the sound rippled through the water. "Oh my..." He said as he looked up towards the surface of the water into the sky, seeing no stars or moon.

Edited by Doomkaiser

Keisha whimpered and backed up as Doom's wounds began to close. "Doom...?" The Guardian whispered, and squealed loudly as her mate's body began to glow. "Doom!" She fell backwards and watched in horror as he transformed. He looks like Tar... She thought to herself, too scared to move. Oh, god... Please still be Doom and not some crazed dragon seeking revenge...

Keisha almost instantly relaxed when she heard Doom's voice in her head, then cringed. It sounded different. Playing along...? She thought to herself, watching her mate fly off. "Wait! Doom... Be safe, okay? You can only die so many times... I love you..." The guardian dragon sighed and shook her head, tears still streaming down her cheeks.

Then she remembered Akula and whirled around, relieved that he was alright.

"Akula, sweetie..." Keisha walked over to the edge of the lake, ignoring the heartbeat, ignoring the pitch black sky. "I need you to do me a favor, okay? Swim as deep down as you can in the lake, okay? You'll be safe down there, I promise. If you want I could come with you..." She said, looking along the lakeside. "Those plants over there help earth dragons breathe under water for a certain amount of time. I'll eat a few and come down with you if you're too scared to stay alone." Keisha smiled, trying her best to sound soothing.

The worry was obvious in her voice.

Grublin stumbled around in the dark, running blindly and crashing into cavern walls. He screamed for help as the thing that had spoken grabbed him again, the blades that held up cutting into his thin scales. The green dragon didn't struggle, figuring out by now that it would only injure him more. The thing threw him against a wall, the mixture of mineral-filled water and musky, wet caves irritating his cuts and gashes. Grublin blew fire at a random location, trying to illuminate the cave, something skittered out of view on bladed legs.

The green dragon roared in defiance and agony, feeling desperatly alone and in pain. "Someone! Help me! I'm down here! I need help! Someone!" He yelled, trying to catch someone's attention even though he was deep underneath the ruins.

The Slayer Captain shook his head, annoyed with the green dragon's cowardice. He lunged at Grublin, spearing the beast's tail through with one of his blades and opening a fairly large wound on his side. Grublin roared and tried to throw the Captain off but to no avail. "Someone!"

"Existence... You. Have not. Earned. It."

Doom was running through the underground. "Where the hell is he?"" He thought, until Nightmare interrupted his train of thought. "Listen..." Doom stopped and perked his head up. He heard someone cry for help. "I'm coming." Doom said, running down a hallway. He eventually found the Captain, his blade stuck in a green dragon's hide.

----------------------

James opened his eyes and took a deep breath. "What the hell happened?" He said, rubbing his head, almost ripping off one of the bandages that still lined his face.

----------------------

Akula looked up a Keisha and then back at the lake, thinking long and hard. "There is no way in am I going back into that lake while there are dragons up here that are hurting." He said, a determination in his eyes that would make a god quiver. He hugged Keisha with his flippers, his tail swaying from side to side.

Edited by Doomkaiser

"Aye, watch it, James." Ellen said, swatting his hand away from his face. She wasn't going to doctor his face again. "The blimp crashed and you got stuck underneath the control panel. So now we are here, in the middle of no where, with the sea on one side and colony full of dragon on the other." She smacked the back of his head with her palm. "Good job, screw up!"

~~~~~

"Don't screw around."

The captain grabbed hold of Grublin again and threw him against the wall. "You're in the underground now." The Slayer Captain had no reason for torturing the fragile green dragon like this, no reason at all except to fuel his bloodlust.

Grublin could see nothing but the blackness of the cave and the glowing red eyes of his attacker. He'd given up on calling for help, no one would come. He lay where he was thrown, trying to shut out the awful sounds that the Slayer Captain kept making, those whirring machninery sounds. The Captain reared up on his back blades and walked towards Grublin, ready to finish him.

Edited by CYDA LUVA83

Doom smiled evily and walked slowly up behind the Captain. His tail transformed into a blade. Doom grabbed the Captain by the head and raised his blade to it's neck. "Existence...You. Have. Not. Earned. It." Doom said loudly to the Captain. He sliced the blade through the Captain's neck, cutting clean through. He dropped the head as the Captain's body fell to the ground. "Are you ok?" He said, lifting Grublin up, his tail now normal.

------------------------

James narrowed his eyes, clearly restraining his anger. "I'd like to see you try and fly a blimp while losing that much blood, oh wait, that's right, I'm the one that flies blimps, not you." He said coldly, his eyes loking as if they could shatter ice.

Keisha smiled a bit down at the hatchling, wrapping her tail around him. "A brave one, you are..." She cooed, stroking Akula's back soothingly. Hmm... I wonder... Keisha looked over at the plants. "Well, you obviously need water to survive... You'd have to go back down there someday. But..." Keisha walked over to the plants, picking some up in her mouth, and walked back over to Akula. She dropped the plants in front of the dragon's feet.

"If these plants can help keep an earth dragon under water without dying, maybe they can help sea dragons stay above the water for a while without dying." The Guardian shrugged. "It's worth a shot, and they taste pretty good," with that, Keisha popped one into her mouth with a smile. "I used to eat them even when I wasn't swimming. It's mint. Try it, see if it works. Then I can bring you to the others."

Akula sniffed the plants and picke one up. "It dosh taste like mint." He said, the plant still in his mouth. He pulled it in to his mouth with his tongue and ate it. "Mmm..." He shivered a bit as his body became instantly wet. "Wow...I guess it keeps my body wet." He said, looking himself over, falling onto his back. "Woops, hahaha!" He said, laughing cheerfully.

Fiyara was stuck blinking, trying to clear her eyes of the light that had so utterly blinded her. Damn, Varaug sure knew his stuff! He'd created a brighter light than she herself could ever have hoped to do! It was a shame that she'd gave into the urge to look in it's direction, for now she was stuck sitting there waiting for her vision to return. She heard loud, thudding footsteps approaching, and fearing the worst, she swerved that way with a snarl, ready to strike.

"Hold, I mean no harm." A grating voice reassured her. It was another dragon. Fiyara relaxed slightly, sitting down with some care. She sighed gently.

"You got s-" She started, yet stopped when another dragon - Lydia, she swiftly puzzled out - popped out of seemingly nowhere, addressing... whom? The both of them?

It didn't much matter, for the stranger answered for her.

"I don't need medical aid, as such; do you know of any dragon here who can work with magic and metal?" The stranger questioned oddly, earning a puzzled frown from Fiyara. What an odd question...

'BLIND MY OTHER EYE WHY DON'T YA?! -Ashur yelled sarcastically when the halo of light disintegrated the atrocities. He laughed it off and made his way to the castle. Going through the door, he went back inside and sat down in one of the corners, content with how they'd managed to fend off the attack.

==============================================

'Maybe... -he was pondering on how to weaken the sideffects of the blood pact. He'd read so very little about his own species, so he felt convinced that if he spent some time on the subject, maybe he could find a way to get around the problem, even if partially.

And then that little part nibbling worry spoke up again... the top priority was to make sure that if Farengar did end up in big trouble it wouldn't come around to screw Varaug over. Varaug did remember a way to hold off death... it would not grant immortality, but at least it would give him a second chance. But from what he remembered, it was barbaric, and likely far above his level of expertise.

...but it was the only option. The feeling of insecurity was killing him! Still, it could wait. Things were a lot calmer now with the barrier up, after all.

===============================================

'What the actual eff?! -Raiden startled awake.

Something in the distance flashed so brightly it illuminated everything within miles around it, turning night into day for a second or two... If there was ever any doubt, there was none now. That was dragon magic for sure, and not just by one dragon...

'Two, or three. Adept, desperate. Why light though? Is it a beacon? -he wondered for a moment, but then shrugged it off and lied back down on his branch. Travelling would have to wait till tomorrow.

Edited by Ælex

Grublin slumped in Doom's arms, feeling like he had been tenderized like raw meat. Oh wait, he had been. He didn't say anything, no, he just stayed quiet, no reason to talk right now. The green dragon moaned and shut his eyes, trying to ignore the slicing pain that ran across his flanks and sides. "Just take me home, please... Whoever you are... take me home..." He whimpered.

~~~~~

Ellen smacked James again, ignoring his glare and returning it with one twice as cold. "Yes! And you were being PAYED, YOU DIP****! When my father hears about this you are going to be fired so fast your ASS WILL BE ON ****ING FIRE." She looked at the hem of her hunting dress, cursing when she found it torn and dirty.

Her boots were scuffed, her hair was a mess, her left glove was singed. All because of James and those stupid dragons! "I want to go home! Now!" She yelled. "Take me home!"

~~~~~

Farengar tossed and turned in his cot, unable to get any sleep with what he and Varaug agreed to on his mind. He pulled his hood over his head and stepped out of the simple bed, flaring his wings slightly as he did so. The cloaked magi walked down the stairs and out the front door, resting beside Varaug. "Well, since we are now bound by blood to eachother, sworn to protect this place and home of ours, we might as well get to know each other." He held out his paw to Varaug.

"My name is Farengar, I'm the lead hunter here. I oversee the controlled hunting and the hunting parties that are sent around here. I was born on the southern tip of the Outer Hebridges of Saruna and Valakas. My egg was stolen by the humans and taken to one of their little farms. I escaped from there and came here, trying to rebuild it as the years went by. I have no mate and no offspring, nor am I looking at the moment. What about you?" Farengar took a breath, having spent all of his last inhale on that introduction.

((Check! and Mate! *sizzle*))

Edited by CYDA LUVA83

Doom put him on his back. "Don't worry, i'm gonna get you out of here." Doom wandered through the darkness and rose from underneath the ruins. "HEY, NEED A MEDIC OVER HERE." He yelled extremely loudly, trying to catch attention. He ran towards the new castle and looked inside. "Hello?" He said to what he thought was air.

---------------------------

James let his anger take over and in a rare burst of anger, he stood up and embeded his tomahawk in a tree, splitting it in half. "YOU WANT TO GO HOME FINE, IT'S F***KING THAT WAY!" He pointed towards where they had come from earlier today. He put his tomahawk back in it's place on his belt and sat down, still extremely angry.

'Uhhh... -Varaug arched an eyebrow when Farengar came out of nowhere and landed ginormous slab of information on him. He shook his hand and listened to the other magi describe his history.

'Well... -he figured it'd be appropriate to respond in kind- 'My name is Varaug vos'Stoneclaw, I'm a researcher in the occult arts of magic. My current newfound purpose here is protection and improvement of the grounds and castle in general. I was born far to the northern mountain peeks within the ranks of the Stoneclaw clan. I was exiled as a hatchling because... well I'm not sure why, really... I escaped from there and sort of happened across the grounds over two-hundred years ago by chance." -he held back the bit about mate and offspring. It was a wee bit too personal, after all...-'My mother was named Shakti vos'Stoneclaw, and funnily enough our fathers' names match. -he said, mildly surprised by the fact.

'Valakas Scourgebane as the books described him. Not sure who gave him that nickname... but he sure deserved it. Damn fool magi... I mean, he was brilliant, but he dun' goofed, and many poor souls paid the price. -the magi realised he'd been rambling, and shut himself up briefly.

Edited by Ælex

Ellen sat down on a tree stump and started to repair the hem of her dress. "Nope, I'm not walking. You are going to take me." She said condenscendedly with her nose in the air. "That's right, YOU are going to carry me across The Minch until we reach Ullapool, Westercross. Once we get there you are going to catch a ferry blimp and take me home in it." She crossed her arms. "That's right, censorkip.gif*. Neo-Nazis don't censorkip.gif around."

~~~~~

Grublin winced as he was lain on Doom's back, his wounds fresh and the nerves sensitive. "So... what was that thing? The thing with the swords for arms. Why did he take me down there? What did it want?" He asked, his voice quiet.

~~~~~

Farengar nodded, having listened to Varaug's story. He sharpened when he heard the title of Varaug's father, as it was the same as his own. "Yeah, you might want to rethink that a little there, Varaug. That's my father's title. You might have it a little confused there." The orange dragon, throwing back his hood and giving the magi beside him an odd look.

Edited by CYDA LUVA83

James got up and started walking in the direction of the dragon castle. "Que te jodes." He said to her as he vanished into the woods. "I lived in the forest by myself for a few years, you wanna get back home? Learn!" He said through the darkness, still heading towards the dragons.

------------------------------

Doom looked at Grublin and sighed. "He was the Slayer Captain, he was an experiment gone wrong." He finally was able to see the severity of Grublin's wounds. "I have to say, you're pretty lucky to have survived that." He said, using his magic to atleast stop the bleeding.

'No, it's my father's title. And name... -Varaug answered, certain he had his facts straight.

'There's only one Scourgebane. It's a title placed upon the top-priority nemies of the council of five and their people! Grodd Stoneclaw himself voted on it! The books say so! -he started babbling up a storm- 'For there to have been multiple Scourgebanes and two named identically is impossible... unless... -he froze for a moment.

'Noooo! We can't possibly be half... -he shut up momentarily.

The only thing Varaug could think of right now was dropping the conversation. Having another magi around was strange enough to him, sharing a blood oath to keep the grounds safe was even stranger, but this?

'This day just keeps getting weirder and weirder... -he shook his head and leaned heavily against the wall, staring blankly at the floor, trying to process things...

Farengar ran his paw across his eyes. "Mother of Gods... What a wierd day..." He sat up straight again, trying to maintain good posture. "Alright, let's see what we've done here..." He said, checking off an imaginary checklist. "Release a band of time travelers from their amber prison. Check. Get raided by humans again. Check. Get attacked by hoarde of Slayers. Check. Perform a blood oath with a dragon that don't really even know. Check. Find out that this dragon may even be related to you. Ohoho, checkity check check." The magi ruffled his wings and set them back against his sides, obviously a little anxious about something.

"Did you hear that?" Farengar remarked, looking at the edge of the forest that lay outside the boundries. "Sounds like humans." He peered closer at the forest's edge. "It's that Ellen lady. Hmph, she never gives up when it comes to hunting dragons."

~~~~~

Ellen fumed and got to her feet, stamping after James. "Come back here right now! I order you to stop!" She yelled, mad as hell. Finally the steampunk nazi bish caught up to the out-of-place aeronaut assassin. "Oh lordy, man. Come back here!" She snapped, grabbing his arm. "You're heading right for the dragon's sanctuary." Ellen hissed, noticing that the Ground's inhabitants were still awake and about. One magi in particular was looking at them. "Look at what you have gotten us into!"

~~~~~

"I really don't feel lucky." Grublin replied, trying to wrap his head around what a Slayer Captain was. The name was foreign to him and he didn't feel like going in depth at the moment.

'Know what? -Varaug shrugged- 'Let's let the barrier do it's thing... -he yawned widely, really, truly far too mentally exhausted to even bother worrying about two stray humans. They'd managed to fend off an invasion of hundreds of them, so what could those two lone humans possibly do now? Especially with the barrier working again...

He strolled back inside the castle, walked over to the food storage area, grabbed two of the old bottles on the rack nearby, popped one of em open and returned to his previous spot, leaving one in front of Farengar. Varaug sat down leaned heavily against the wall once more, looking out through the castle doorway.

'Pour ta santé. Because everyone else's depends on it. -Varaug lifted the bottle and took a swig noting that it was aged old beer. It was sweet and stiff, not too foamy, not too heavy. He didn't care much for the taste, but then he didn't really know what was in those bottles. He'd assumed it was something drinkable, seeing as it was left in the food storage area and all...

Edited by Ælex

James just looked at her and smiled. "I know what i'm doing." He resumed walking and eventually sat down next to the side of the lake, looking at the dragons. He didn't hate them, but he was increadibly scared of them, since he'd seen what they're capable of. "I hope to god they don't see me as a threat or a next meal..." He muttered under his breath.

-------------------

Doom sighed and walked inside, scanning inside. "You should feel lucky, very few have ever survived..." He said sternly. He eventually came to a room with a table. He set Grublin down on the table and inspected his wounds more closely. "Straight through..." He said quietly, so the dragon woudn't be distressed.

((Cyda why didn't you post with Lydia? *pout*))

Vayli soared above the grounds, panting slightly. Boy, that had been tough! Why had she jumped into this one?! She wasn't athletic enough for all that yet! Nor did she yet have magic strong enough to put up an effective barrier to those blades! She narrowed her eyes, soaring over the grounds, and in turn, over the lake. there was a figure down there, one that clearly wasn't a dragon.

In fact, it was a human! Narrowing her eyes, she momentarily wondered why there were humans within the grounds, but decided that it wasn't important at the current moment. What was important was that they were there, and nobody else seemed to be giving a flying monkey about it!

She dived downwards at a sharp angle, veering out over the lake, readying her magic. She swerved towards him, focusing her eye upon the human as she took aim. As she looked at the human she was swiftly approaching, something caught her eye, made her hesitate upon her action of blasting the human to Timbuktu with her magic; it was hurt. Bad. She hesitated upon her actions, turning to the side and moving out across the lake, watching the human as she skimmed the surface of the water, wary for the sight of those metal blast sticks. Those would just kill her, she had no illusions about that. She turned back around, slower upon approaching the human this time, watching it with wary eyes.

One wrong move, just one wrong move and she could blast it without guilt, and be done with this stupidity...

Edited by Lato_Dato

James looked at Vayli. His eyes widened and he mouthed the word "F**k" As she glided towards him. His brain kicked into motion as he recognised the dragon. "Wait...I know you...You're the dragon that landed on my face." He said, laughing slightly, his face was still hurting from the dragons claws and now that he knew it was increadibly hard to heal the wounds, he wanted to get on the dragons good side, even if it did mean betraying his race. He ran it ver a couple of times in his head and decided his race woudn't miss one silly little human would they?

Edited by Doomkaiser

vayli frowned at the human's laughter, skidding to a stop upon the surface of the lake. With a scant amount of magic, she kept herself standing there, and trotted towards the human with a question in her eyes. Not to say that she still wasn't ready to blast this human on the spot; one wrong move would still get one good, solid blast of magic... She stopped approaching when she was about seven meters away, standing upon the surface of the water with a distrustful scowl upon her face. The human didn't seem to be doing anything hostile; in fact, it seemed like it was terrified of her. She paused uncertainly, one foot raised as if about to step forwards. Something seemed off. The lake seemed unsafe, the calm surface daunting. She felt, no, heard, movement in the water, and unfurling her wings attempted to fly away; anywhere but here. The water exploded upwards around her, and she felt something sharp pierce her leg, pull her coughing and choking under the surface of the water. It was probably only her magic which stopped her from being sliced into pieces then and there; but Vayli wasn't exactly in a position to complain, drowning as she was.