CYDA LUVA83

Ancient Beginnings

Don't worry, Gray, I'll come down and get you.

The part of her mind not focused on escape closed in on the message, tuning out the other voices. Good, Grublin had heard her; now the main obstacle was guiding him to her location. She had only just discovered the storeroom earlier that day, squeezing through a miniscule crack in the wall into a hallway that had long ago been blocked off by rubble, and no one else even knew of its existence. She had meant to go back and tell the others about her discovery, as per common sense before heading into strange areas, but the puzzle of the door had distracted her.

Where are you, Graysnoon?

She gave her head a quick shake and concentrated on the spark of Grublin's mind. I'm in the ruins, she telepathed. I was exploring a new area, but the door shut on me and there's rubble blocking the other side. There's a small stairway leading out of the indoor garden, down four floors; it branches off a few times, but if you go...

She thought for a moment. Right, then left, then left again, then between the third branch and the fourth branch there's a crack in the wall. It's a tight squeeze and it's easy to miss, but there's a blocked-off hallway on the other side and you should be able to get through to it.

She wiped sweat from her face. Gods, but it was muggy down here. There's a bunch of little doors leading off into smaller rooms and passages, probably to pantries; ignore them for now. I'm behind the big stone door at the very end of the hallway, with a bunch of rubble in front of it. Did you get all that? She leaned against one of the cabinets, fighting the urge to take deeper breaths. Please hurry, I've been down here a while and I think I'm starting to run out of air.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Peraia Nainin ran through the forest as quickly as his legs would take him, glancing back every now and then to make sure that Mercienth and Kervadi were still with him. His leg muscles already starting to cramp, he cursed the humans and their machines that made flying a pastime for the suicidal.

The pink dragon struggled to breathe in and out, working muscles that rarely got such a strenuous workout. It's not fair, he thought, I'm made for flying and open air, and yet here I am scuttling over the ground like a rodent, barely able to see anything through these-- these godsdamn trees!

Anger and hatred weren't in his usual repertoire of emotions, but bitterness had lodged itself inside of him for a long time, poking its ugly head into the light during moments of fear and stress. Both were coiling through him in abundance at the moment, and he would have spat if he hadn't been running for dear life.

These thoughts clouded his mind when a huge purple something came crashing through the woods and blindsided him, sending them both tumbling and rolling sideways through the foliage. The two started to skid to a stop, only to be brought to a much faster stop by a tree.

Dazed, he felt his vision come back into focus. He became aware that what felt like an elbow had rammed itself into his stomach. He tried to take in a breath once, twice, three times, finally got one, and then rolled over and puked.

A face popped into view very close to his own. "Dad?" asked the face, with a decidedly worried tone. He had to blink a few times before he realized it was Mercienth. "Dad, are you okay?"

He tried to say, "I'm alright; who is that?" What came out was "Hhhmmgkkay... 'zat?" He sat up, wiping at his mouth, and coughed once or twice. On sore, unsteady legs, he tottered over to the mound of purple scales that had landed a few feet away from him, and did his best to inspect his fellow tumbler.

It was an enormous dragon with pale ivory-colored horns and spines, a silky lavender mane, and glossy purple scales, frosted with a shimmery coating of every color in an iridescent rainbow. His build was sleek and powerful, and any human would say that he was a beautiful dragon.

To Peraia's eye, however, there was something uncanny about his face and build, something that he couldn't put his claw on and yet was ever so slightly off. Before he could look any closer, though, two huge, pale golden eyes snapped open, and the stranger leaped to his feet and snarled.

Or, at least, he tried to. Instead, he flailed about pathetically, finally found his way to his feet more by luck than by coordination, and bared his teeth in a gesture that, although it was for a dragon an entirely natural and instinctive expression (and although Peraia didn't doubt that he was terrified), seemed somehow false and unnatural and half-hearted.

"Geddaway f'me!" snarled the stranger, with a voice that was slurred and rubbery and didn't entirely seem to know what to do with the mouth it spoke through. "Go 'w-way!" His mane bristled, and he held himself in an awkward position that had to be painful after more than a few seconds.

"Easy, stranger," soothed Peraia, although his voice had a wheezing edge to it and spots still danced in his vision. "You're among friends, and the humans are going away. We're not going to hurt you."

As if we could! he thought, and then reconsidered. The other dragon was big and strong, sure, but he looked like he would fall over if he was so much as poked and wouldn't be quite sure how to pick himself up afterward.

Stark terror shone in the strange dragon's eyes. "Th'f-fow-lowed me!" he wailed, staring at the blimp. "Thar' g'nn' k-kill me!" His gaze returned to Peraia. "Th-thar' g'nn' hun' me down, jus' like I--"

He broke off, tears running down his face, and blundered off into the woods, away from Peraia and his family. "Dad?" asked Mercienth, warily. "Who's that?"

Peraia looked from his children to the path the stranger had taken, and back, and then he made his decision. "I don't know, but we'd better follow him."

Edited by Carnivorous M.

Varaug gave a slight not and started to say...

'Fair enough. It was a long nap though, I figured a wake-up call is in o... -and then it hit him.

'Two... two hundred years?! -the magi could hardly believe his own ears. Two centuries, seriously?! He hadn't even expected to live that long what with all the random menaces that seemed to be a constant in his life.

He hopped down to the ground and turned towards Garinka.

'Two hundred... -he wanted to start up babbling in confusion once more but decided to leave that in the shade for now.

..years. -he finished, and sighed- 'Goddamn. Food sounds good, though.

=============================================

'Feels like a millennium if you ask me... -Ashur slurred when he overheard the conversation and headed inside the castle.

=============================================

Meanwhile... in the woods far into the distance, Raiden was dozing off in his clearing amidst the forest, until he barely picked up on something in the distance. It sounded familiar somehow...

'What... was that? A wild animal? No, it didn't cut off, nothing like it. -he gut up and started pacing around- The wind? No, that's stupid, stupid-stupid. Did a tree fall over? Impossible, there's a clearing that way! Or did I imagine it? -he stopped and looked towards the direction of the grounds.

'Worth checking out. -he concluded firmly and headed off in the direction of the grounds.

Vayli stopped paddling her legs for a moment, a perturbed expression shooting across her face for a moment. Then the ball of lightning hit her, giving her a jolt for a second. She crossed her eyes, rolling to her feet and staring across the lake with annoyed confusion. What had attacked her? She was lucky her magical aura had absorbed some of the hit; even the small jolt she had received had been shocking. After a few moments of staring at the surface of the lake, she stared above it, then began looking to her sides with some concern.

"Oy! Who's there!" She called with the beginnings of anger, still searching for her mysterious assailant. Crouching, she flared her wings, channeling her magic to her forehead gem in preparation. She was silent then as she listened and waited for whatever would happen next to happen.

-----------

Dvaros tilted his head to the side with a slight frown, listening to the newcomers speak. His stomach growled at the mention of food, and he realized he hadn't eaten since he had set off for the ruins yesterday. Boy, he was starving! He looked towards the stoic chrome for a moment before, with a sigh, he wandered off, supposing metal abominations didn't need to eat. Turning away, he trotted at a brisk pace towards the castle hoping to get a mouthful before the ravenous newcomers came and ate it all. With a sigh, he shook his head, trying to put all looming thoughts of ravenous newcomers out of his mind. For now, he just needed to eat and be merry.

-----------

Fiyara sat down, listening to the newcomers speak with quiet interest, leaning slightly against the wall of the castle, content to sit there and relax. They could have their food; due to the lack of other dragons living here, they were well within their quota for the month; though it would be best to mention this to some of the other dragons... "There's food inside the new castle. Take what you need, but remember we've got limited food." She spoke softly to the newcomers, not wishing to startle the newcomers. Silently, Fiyara was determined to keep the hunting rules for the forest intact; it had kept all those who remembered to eat well fed, and they still had a thriving populace of deer in the forest. And there hopefully would be a thriving populace of deer in the forest for centuries to come. They needed that food, for pete's sake!

James manage to mumble something out. "Ellen...it's behind...the control panel..." He said, coughing. His head was spinning and thanks to the slight blood loss, he was talking in spanish. "Mira...Un cuenco malditooooo..." He said, with a voice that would make a statue cringe.

--------------

Akula came out of the water next to Vayli, looking very apolgetic. "I'm so sorry!" He said to her, smiling awkwardly. He smiled slightly. "Name's Akula, what's yours?" He said, extending a flipper.

'Don't mind if I do... -Ashur mumbled to himself quietly. A good meal sounded like heaven and a half to him at that point... even though he never liked mooching off of the group's food reserves.

The grey walked into the meat storage area, hungry enough to devour half a herd of deer and antelope... but the second the sweet odour of freshly caught game hit his nostrils his stomach did a barrel roll.

'Actually, nevermind... -he told himself quietly and swallowed dryly. Making his way out of the meat storage area, he walked over to and lied back down by the castle entrance.

==========================================

'What's the matter, Ash? You turning herbivore on us? -Varaug telepathed with mild amusement, but all he got in response was an annoyed glare and a low growl- 'Hah, I'm just poking fun. Hey, what's wrong with your eye?

'What, what do you mean... -Ashur said and blinked a few times. In his hazy state of mind, he hadn't even noticed he was right-side blind now.

'It's all white-like, the pupil's lost is color and it's not moving, only your left is... -Varaug described, deep down a tad creeped out once he got a closer look at Ashur. The grey remained silent for a while, blinked several times, then sighed and shook its head...

'This day keeps getting better and better. -he growled, stared at the floor for a second, then back at Varaug- 'Well, I'm still more handsome than you!

'Oh snap! -the magi rolled its eyes.

'Oh yea? Why don't you go talk to her about it then? -the grey raised both eyebrows and indicated Fiyara.

’Who? –Varaug glanced over and froze instantly.

((Bored... Lato, Doom, I'm gonna have Keisha come and interact with Vayli and Akula.))

Keisha was sitting by the lake with a sigh, staring down at her reflection. She searched high and low, but her children were nowhere to be found. There's only one place I haven't checked yet. She thought, The place where everyone is. That shelter... Thing, in the forest. They're probably there. Derp... Shaking her head, Keisha spread her wings and was about to take off, when she heard a noise.

Her ears flicking, Keisha turned around and saw Vayli, and tilted her head. "She looks familiar..." She said to herself. Keisha didn't know every single dragon at the grounds, but she was sure this dragon was trapped along with everyone else. She looked next to Vayli and saw that an unfamiliar deep sea hatchling was talking to her.

Now, him, I know I haven't seen before.

The guardian dragon walked up to the two dragons with a small, apologetic smile. "Um... Hi." She said softly, looking at the deep sea hatchling. "I've never seen you around before... Who are you, and why aren't you with the other dragons out in the forest?"

((I'm gonna post with Nixon when DH posts, so we can all stay with each other. xd.png))

((Carn, they're coming to help you characters like I said could happen wink.gif ))

Copper followed the black-scaled pair, occasionally getting a friendly push from a large red tail.

Cruzora welcomed the company silently, warning Nixon of a rock he was about to run into.  "I heard a thump noise... kinda like what Galant had done with his tail." She gave a heavy sigh, half wishing the castle was still back 200 years ago where they wouldn't be in this mess.  "I figured it could be another dragon." She added, padding into the large room.

"Alright... well, we might as well look around.  Come on Copper, let's check this way." Galant offered, walking off to the left as the smaller dragon followed far from his swaying tail.  Open spaces tended to make the red's tail dangerous with or without the old dragon's knowledge.

((right on page 6 Krissi wink.gif ))

Vayli grumbled slightly, shifting to a less aggressive stance. Chuckling, she shook her head. "Vayli." he mumbled, feeling slightly awkward now that she realized she had been sneak attacked by a clumsy hatchling. She coughed awkwardly, folding her wings and sitting back down in the water. "It's coll, just try not to do that again. I was mighty shocked!" She said with a chuckle, shaking her head even as she trembled slightly from the shock. Trying to relax, she put her nose in the water, but her calm had been well and truly spoiled by the surprise; the scales at the back of her neck started to itch. She could almost -

"Uhhm... Hi." She jumped, startled at the voice, and turned around as swiftly as she could manage. It was that guardian from before; the one that had come out of the amber with her. She stopped trembling for a moment, shaking her head and staring at the ground. The dragoness's words washed over her as she tried to reach the serene calm she had accomplished earlier, trusting that it wasn't directed towards herself as she took a few deep, steadying breaths. It wasn't helping all too much.

----------------

Fiyara was sitting beside the castle, frost caused by the chill surrounding her beginning to creep over the wall as she idled, nay, relaxed, staring over the grounds with a slightly worried eye. She saw no casualties so saw it fit to slumber a little by the wall, deciding to turn and see how far the frost had spread; she didn't much want to damage the structure of the building any more that it already was. As her vision panned around to examine the wall, she saw a dragon staring at her with shocked, glowing eyes. She looked back with casual disinterest for a moment, before looking closer and seeing that he had been injured in the attack. After a moment more, she figured that the injuries were not bad enough to trouble the medic with, and that the magi would probably just walk it off. And so, she swiftly lost interest in the magi, going back to sitting there idly and soaking in all the warmth she could from the limited sun that was available.

Gurblin followed Graysnoon's instructions as he threaded his way through the rubble, using his thin, bony body to weave through fallen pillars and crumbling walls. He eventually found the hall she was talking about and scrambled up to the door.

"Graysnoon! I'm here. I'll get you out..." He looked around the rubble cover door and began the pull the rocks away. He had cleared most of the rocks away and began to pry open the door, but the green dragon wasn't strong enough.

"Gray, I'm going to need you to push the door open and help me here. I'm not exactly Hercules." Grublin groaned as he pulled and pryed. The rocks he hadn't removed from in front of the door were too big for him to move so he just left those alone.

~~~~~

Ellen walked over to the panel and pulled out the medical kit. She unclicked the latch and removed some guaze and antibiotics. With not much care, she smeared the antibiotic on his several small cuts and wrapped the guaze around large cuts on the back of his head, placing adhesive bandages over the cuts on his face.

"Get up, Aeronaut. I need you to fly this blimp back home now." Sgt. Ellen pushed the assassin to his feet and leaned him on the steering wheel.

"Drive."

Edited by CYDA LUVA83

'I'm just... OH GODDAMN! -Varaug started to say when his and Fiyara's eyes locked for a moment. She didn't seem to recognise him, which was a blessing and a half to Varaug. The last thing he wanted was to be caught off-guard in a public place by his crush especially after a two-hundred year absence.

...gonna go look around, bye. -he said after the short moment and slinked away carefully with his head lowered, out of the room and towards his old refuge. The Library! Ah yes, the library! The magi remembered those long arduous nights of research all-too well. Much of his youth had gone into that room and much of his abilities derive from what he'd learned there as well...

Once he even had a dream to read EVERY SINGLE BOOK in that confounded ginormo-archive of ancient knowledge... but then he took a friendship to the life. Around the corner, though the corridor, up the stairs, down some more stairs, several steps and a quick right turn... there was the door. The ancient, flawless wooden door he was so familiar with. It looked unscaved, which was surprising given the condition of the rest of the castle.

He pushed it aside, gently.

It creeked loudly like it always had... the odour of ancient parchments and books wafted out of the giant candle-lit chamber. The floor dimply illuminated by the shafts of light coming through the windows way up high above the booksheves. Everything was silent, everything was peaceful, everything that was the library felt like a home away from home for Varaug, the only problem being he didn't sleep there. But then there were spiders, and he didn't like spiders, especially having the little buggers crawl all over him while he was locked in his own slumber!

Walking quietly past the tall bookshelves, he noticed his old pillow he loved to lay on and read when he was younger.

'IT IS SO TINY! -he exclaimed with great amusement and poked it with one paw. It was now, indeed, at least half the size it'd need to be for him to use.

Resuming his tour down memory lane, the magi suddenly felt a small disturbance in the forces... as if something was tugging on his senses, beckoning him fourth like a goal, a beacon of sorts. Following his senses, he tracked the origins of the strange sensation to be located somewhere below him and past a suspiciously cobweb-free bookshelf.

'Oh, sure, like nobody'd guess there's a secret passage behind this. Why is is always bookshelves. Why not something original, eh? Like a revolving wall... no wait that's overused too... -the magi groaned in dissatisfaction while examining the books one by one. Everything seemed as per usual... except...

'How to train your Cockatrice, To hex a Mocking Bird, Larry Gotter's Wizardry Tips, How To Serve Dragon, Lord of the... HEY WAIT A SECOND! -he exclaimed and stared at that one particular book.

'How to Serve Dragon? -he arched an eyebrow and mumbled- 'It's a cookbook, ITS A COOKBOOK! The Only cookbook in this section on the use of the arcane arts! SO THAT MUST MEAN!!! -he exclaimed and pulled the book out, it locked-halfway and the bookcase started to lift upwards, revealing a gloomy tunnel behind itself.

'That must mean... this. -he sighed and covered his face with one claw. Whoever wanted to hide that did NOT do a good job. So he stood before a difficult choice. Confront Fiyara with a blind mind and after two hundred years of absence, or face a perilous unknown fate in the catacomb-like tunnels of death.

'Let's see what's down there! -he said hastily and proceeded downwards, unable to scrub his worries out of his mind.

After a few minutes, that felt like an hour due to the bad stank of stale air in there, of walking down stairs, he reached a wall-like obstruction... It was covered in circular patterned cryptic runes and had a clawprint in the middle...

'Oh, this seems simple enough, let me just... -he said and placed his right claw on the spot- 'Now what do I.. -he started to say, but was cut off when an ear-piercingly loud unearthly shriek almost deafened him! It wasn't clear where it came from, but Varaug's ears were ringing and head pounding after it was over. It was so loud, he wondered just how far it'd gotten, and who'd heard it. Fazed, he sat down and tried to clear his head...

Edited by Ælex

Fusion had wandered off while Garinka had her back turned, curious about where the magi named Varaug was headed. She hid unnoticed as he walked through the bookshelves and looked around and following him when he went behind the bookshelf.

Naiavee started talking to Fusion as she did this, saying that it wasn't right to be stalking someone and snooping around. But Naiavee's pleas went unheard as Fusion crept behind the magi. At least she wanted to until he reached the door with the claw print. When he put his claw into the the indention and the loud shriek sounded, she cringed and curled up as tightly as she could, her whimper covered up by the noise.

She stayed there curled up while Varaug sat and cleared his head. Fusion didn't want to move, for fear of being heard, so she just lay there, the sound still ringing through her head and Naiavee taunting in a sing-song voice that she told her so. The dorsal dragon tried to shut out the voice that taunted her, but the voice won and was loud as ever. Oh the bane of being insane.

'That... -the magi mumbled- ..was a very bad idea.

After a dozen or so seconds, the disorientation ended, only his ears were ringing.

Bah... -he scoffed and gave the weird door a kick. He liked puzzles, but definitely ones that caused such a racket...

But then, he wasn't about to just give up... Oh no! That door had to open, sooner better than later. The magi gave the runes etched into the door a quick look-over, trying to find something familiar.

'Alright Var, thinkthinkthink...

Nothing...

He'd seen random cracks in dry soil that made more sense than those runes. If only he had some kind of reference guide or something! Sadly, Varaug had to swallow the fact that there was no way he was getting past that yet... not yet...

'But, soon. -he thought and gave the door a dirty glare, before turning about and proceeding back up the stairs, only to find an eavesdropper. A dorsal he was familiar with from ages gone by. One he recognised immediately as...

'Fusion? What are you doing all the way down here? -he asked with a tone of mild melancholy.

Fusion didn't rise immediatly, instead taking her time as her body shivered and as the annoying naive voice in her head kept saying things like 'I told you so', 'You should have listened to me', and 'I sometimes wonder if you're a mouse instead of a dragon. You act like a mouse'. But Naiavee quieted down within the timespan of twenty seconds, finally allowing the dorsal dragon to straighten up and stare at Varaug.

She looked at him with blank eyes, her dull, red irises and shrunken pupils almost asking what he was doing in the secret tunnel as well. Noticing the slight melancholy in his voice, her voice subconsciously took on that tone too. "Dark lights. Screaming sounds. Spears. Black cats. A burnt ring. Memories I can't remember.

"Hidden treasure. Blue faeries. An old witch with a rope around her foot. Memories I can't remember no matter how much I want to. Something blue, sort of silver, something scaly, sleek, and slender. Do you remember the things I can't?" Fusion asked him, her voice a sad monotone and her eyes with a glassy sheen coating them.

"Varaug... That's your name... It's one of the things I remember. But they've taken so many memories away from me. Even though no one can hear them and they think I forget of my own accord..." The dragon once again started shivering, more of unknown irrational fear than a chill. "Do you... remember the things I can't?"

((Sweet jesus, I HAVE to get one of these chairs they have here in this internet cafe. My ass feels like it's sitting on god's throne.))

'Uhhh... -the magi gave her a baffled look.

He had no idea what she was bantering about nor did he have any clue what to reply.

Were the gloomy surroundings getting to her or something? He could only speculate...

One thing was for sure, he did not remember Fusion quite like this.

'I don't remember a great many things, myself. We've been trapped for over two hundred years after all... -he said slowly, taking a small step back as he did.

'I don't know what these... things, you're talking about are. Honest. ...the hell?

'Maybe we should get out of here... that thing's undecryptable right now.

And besides, one shouldn't open a potential pandora's box while unprepared.

Edited by Ælex

"Honest. ...the hell?"

Fusion jumped to her feet, sudden energy coursing through her. She jumped to him and got real close to his face, her eyes wide.

"That's where they wanted me to goooo." She whispered in the eery silence.

"The red one with the striped fins. She looked like candy. Then there was the big, mean one. He wanted me to go there too. Naiavee calls him Mr. Red with the Black Dorsal. Too much to say, so I call him Dad..."

Fusion backed away slightly and sat on her haunches, the energy she had was gone. The dorsal dragon reached up to her face and touched her right brow, visibly wincing when she felt the large scar that still hadn't gone away after two-hundred years.

"Mr. Dad put the candy dragon and I in this little square room. Metal was tied around our legs and he hurt us with sharp things. That much I remember." She said, staring at the ground.

"DON'T MAKE ME GO BACK THERE!" she screamed, her mind doing backflips as several things raced through her head. Fusion ran back the way she came, only stopping and collapsing when she came to the open bookcase. "Never really died, just was asleep for a little while..."

Mister... dad? -the magi winced. His father was no gleaming idol either. In fact, he was what Varaug had been avoiding becoming since he knew his heritage... a bloodthirsty soul-hungry abomination.

But even he never tried to chain down and brutally torture his own family.

One could only imagine the horrors Fusion had undergone. No wonder she was so mentally unstable...

Wow... -was all the magi could think to say after Fusion'd run off.

'Sounds like Mr. Dad could use some fitting punishment. Maybe a few of those sharp things heated to the extreme and forced somewhere delicate... -the magi spoke to himself while returning up the stairs. Once back up there, he saw Fusion had collapsed by the front of the secret entrance.

When he left the stairway and set foot in the library, the bookshelf slid back down into place and the out-of-place book slid back within its spot.

'Hey? Are you gonna be alright? -the magi asked calmly so as not to provoke any more adverse reactions from the poor debilitated dorsal.

Unfortunately...

'It's okay, you're safe here, you know... Well mostly... somewhat... Actually the barrier's down now. I really need to talk to Keisha about getting that thing replaced. Last thing we want is another unscheduled Midsummer's Eve. -he still had his rambling habit.

Edited by Ælex

Fusion didn't look up at him, instead she slowly stood up and walked towards the fort.

"Yes, Midsumer's Eve. It's coming soon... And Slender Silver will be there..." She raised her dorsal from its flattened position on her back as she walked outside, cooling her off from being in the murky, stale air of underground.

Once she was outside, she trotted around, taking in her surroundings and trying to understand all that went on. It was kind of hard because random things kept coming up to her. There was a bunny with a unicorn horn, a deer with dragon legs, and a bottle of mouthwash that kept wanting to speak to her. But they disappeared when she shook her head and cleared her thoughts, so it was alright.

"And then! They shall rise from the ground and take what is theirs!" Fusion yelled suddenly, striking at an invisible foe. "Grinding the castles into the dust! Squashing airship with their iron claws! Their heroic stories forever written into the stars as even the GODS sing their praises!"

She stomped the ground and swiped at something in the air.

"And when the dust settles, the enemies' evil, brass, war machines will be stopped, their cities burning, and quills will cease their writing of the battle to gaze in awe of the dragons that ended the treachery that goes on."

Unbeknownst to the Fusion, a silvery-brown dragon was watching her from the shadows, his pupiless eyes watching her every move. It made a move to step over the fallen boundry and into the sunlight to greet her, but decided against it. He would wait until Midsummer's Eve, like he always had to go searching.

Edited by CYDA LUVA83

'She needs a lot of help... -Varaug sighed and shook his head, but did not follow her outside.

He was content in the library, and was itching to get to work on decrypting the runes he'd seen on the door behind that bookshelf.

He walked over to the "cryptic" section, and made his selections of books to examine for similarities.

Carrying four dusty old tomes, Varaug settled down near an adult's reading station, placed one of the tomes, opened it and started shifting through the pages.

If anything, it was keeping his mind off of what he should and should tell Fiyara when and if she recognises him, eventually.

Lost in his studies once more... it was as if nothing had changed since the amber incident over two hundred years ago.

A blissful illusion.

Edited by Ælex

((I've been gone for a few days, kinda forgot about this RP and I'm in limbo... What's going on?))

James smirked a bit and tried to get the blimp back under control. "Never were gentle were you Ellen?" He said, holding back a laugh, so not to hurt himself.

--------------------

Akula looked at the guardian and smiled, almost bouncing on his tail. "I'm Akula, I live in the lake." He said pointing to it. "Because well, I can't exactly leave the lake for very long, because my mom told me if I dry out, I die." He shivered a bit at the mention of his mom. He waggled his flippers to cheer himself up.

---------------------

Doom was hovering over the lake in his eagle form, looking around. He saw a fish and dove for it, pulling up at the last second and catching it in his claws. He felt really happy, so happy infact, he wasn't watching where he was going. He slammed headfirst into a tree, dropping the fish. He pulled his head out, mumbling and picked up the fish. "Stupid tree, reminding me of that damned wall I kept slamming into..." He mumbled. He ate the fish with gusto and sat there, thinking.

Edited by Doomkaiser

'Nothing... -the magi huffed angrily, shoving one of the tomes aside, and moving on to the next... Two pages in... he lost it.

Putting both claws under the desk he was using, he lifted it up and flipped it clear over!

'F**k this s**t! -he yelled and tossed the other two books aside. His thoughts were completely foggy from the 200 year sleep, he had a lot on his mind, the new attackers, the reinsallment of the protective barrier, decrypting the ruins, the welfare of his friends, and ofcourse, Fiyara.

'Screw the runes for now... -he huffed.

'Talk to Keisha tomorrow... -he gruffed.

'The humans are dealt with... for now. We'll be ready for the next wave, I hope. -he sighed.

'So that leaves... I'm such an idiot, sometimes. -and he laughed, then proceeded out of the library.

Proceeding out of the library, he casually walked down the halls, humming a tune under his breath.

'Trololololo lololo lololooo yatatatataaa... Tralalalalala lalala lalalaaa...

Up the stairs, down some more, around a bend, and through a door, he was back in the main dining room. He saw Fiyara leaning against the wall looking as chilled as can be. He casually sat right down right next to her and nudged her.

'Hey there. That was some ruckus these humans caused, eh? You okay? -he smiled a bit, not because he forced it, but because it was so good to see her again.

=====================================================

'What... was that?! -Raiden wondered when he barely picked up on a barely audible shriek in the distance. It seemed to be coming from the direction in which he was already heading... but the poor dragon was clueless what was in that general direction either way. His ears were the only thing he could go on.

'Wait... IT'S A TRAP! -he yelled randomly and perked his ears, listening for any other sounds...

'Or... it's a call. -he figured and tapped the ground thrice.

'What would incredibly photogenic dragon do?

So he continued on his way, hoping he was too friendly-looking to be attacked by any potential monsters or abominations that may have caused sed' noise. He was in fact closer to the grounds than he'd figured.

((USE ALL THE MEMES!))

Edited by Ælex

Keisha sat down in front of the lake, admiring the small dragon. "Nice to meet you, Akula" she said. "I'm Keisha..." Smiling, she tilted her head. "Well... I mean, like... I understand why you can't leave water for long, but doesn't it get lonely around here? What if humans decide to come and go fishing?" She said, looking at her tail with a thoughtful look on her face.

"The shield on my tail can hold water, and you seem small enough to fit at least a little... Maybe if there's a small lake everyone is staying, I can bring ya there so you won't be so lonely. I mean, if that's what you want."

The guardian dragon tilted her head in confusion at the mention of Akula's mother. "Is she down there, too? Your mother, I mean."

~~~~

"Finally, something to chow down on..."

Roran was laying in a tree, eyeing Doom with a hungry look in his eyes. Obviously, he didn't know the eagle was his father. He hadn't eaten since he was freed, so he was desperate to eat something, even if it had feathers.

"I don't normally eat bird, but..."

With a small growl, Roran launched himself out of the tree, unfolding his wings, and diving straight into Doom. He grabbed the eagle with his claws and pinned him on the grass, staring down into the bird's face with a loud hiss.

Doom squaked loudly and noticed it was Roran. "RORAN IT'S ME, DOOM, IF YOU EAT ME I'LL MAKE SURE TO SPANK YOUR BUTT FROM HEAVEN." He screamed mentally at him, eyes flashing maliciously. He sighed, thinking how painfull it would be to be eaten.

------------------

Akula smiled. "I admit it does get lonely, but I live with it, since I get visitors from time to time." He said, wiggling his flippers. His eyes brightned at the thought of styaing close to the others, seeing as his lake was a bit away from everything. He lost his smile when she asked about his mother. "I-I...No...She's not...with us anymore..." He said barely audible, battling with his emotions inside, resisting the urge to just dive into the water and hide at the bottom of the lake.

((Prepare your guns, men! We're approaching a text wall that would make a literate roleplayer shrink in fear! ;P ))

Garinka looked around the fort that was to be their new home. It was... humble... she didn't much like the cramped feeling of it, having hoped to return to the spaciousness of the old castle once freed from her amber imprisonment. Poking her head out the back, the white dragon noticed a medic tent in what appeared to be a little backyard. She noted that the medic tent was there and went back inside the fort to look at more things. Bookshelves, large nests, a stove pot, table, all the essentials.

Suddenly, Garinka felt a sharp pang in her heart as she remembered what she had left behind when the humans had attacked not so long ago. The white dragon ran out of the fort to where the ruins where, looking for the hole that led down in the room of shattered amber. Finally, she found the hole Grublin had made and saw what she was looking for beside it.

The crumpled body of an old guardian dragon lay limp on the rubble, unnoticed amid the earlier confusion. Garinka trotted over to him and nuzzled his snout, a small act of love that was still alive for her. "Well, Feralo," she said softly, "let's get ya fixed up now, shall we? Can't have ya sitting out 'ere in tha sun, now, can we?"

Using her magic and small amount of strength she had, Garinka carried her dead mate over to the Faerie Garden, his favorite place to have been.

The good faeries showed faces full of pity and disgust as she brought his body into their garden. Pity for the dead and disgust for the body. Garinka set down Feralo's body in the centre of the garden, and by this time had conjured a sizable crowd of the twinkling little creatures. They flitted about her and Feralo, the sound of wind chimes sounding from their wings.

Finally, a small blue faerie flew up to Garinka. The white dragon had to blink, they had been imprisoned for 200 years, and Shona surely couldn't still be alive... This must be one of her descendents. The blue faerie motioned to the old guardian dragon and then at the ground, questions in her movements. Garinka nodded and stepped back, watching the young, blue faerie direct the others around.

They combined their magic and soon a large hole was dug in the centre of the Faerie Garden. Garinka walked up to Feralo's body, placing several lilies on his chest. She opened her left wing and rustled her feathers, causing a small bit of amber to fall from them.

One she had saved from Feralo's amber. She looked to the blue faerie, which had perked up with ideas. The white dragon allowed the faerie the play around with the amber, soon molding it to be shaped like a heart with a tiny feather and a tiny blue scale in the centre, miniature versions of Garinka's feathers and Feralo's scales. The pendant made of amber was given back to Garinka and she tucked it under her feathers once again.

"I'll see ya soon, love. My strength is waning, Ah can feel it." She looked away as the faeries used their magic to pile the dirt back in its place, covering up the dead dragon.

Several faeries that had green skin and clothes made of leaves made the grass grow back in the place where the dirt had been disturbed.

A grey coloured faerie that wore a red cloth caused a slab of marble to rise from the ground as a headstone.

A bookish looking faerie pushed her glasses up the bridge of her nose and set to work carving Feralo's name, status, birth and death dates, and a small epitaph into the marble. Once she had done that, they all looked back at Garinka, something hopeful in their eyes. One faerie pointed at the apple tree, sadness in her expression. She wanted something to be done about the dying tree, something to make be alive and vibrant again. Garinka nodded and thanked the faeries for their help, also saying that she would find something to do about the tree.

Garinka left the garden, feeling quite sad yet also satisfied that Feralo was buried in his home. For some reason, Garinka imagined what her little hatchling, Angus, would have looked like now, what his mate and hatchlings would be like.

But he was killed a long time ago... The white dragon rarely ever felt the stirrings of maternal need after that. She knew that she wasn't the greatest mother, but that was a long time ago.

She noticed in the corner of her eye that fusion was acting out again, being way too rambunctious for her own good, attracting attention. She walked up to the dorsal dragon and nudged her on the neck, pushing her gently towards the fort.

Fusion looked at her, slightly confused, for the white dragon had turned into a large bottle of mouthwash, but she shook her head again and the white dragon now actually looked like a white dragon.

They walked together to the fort and had their small share of rations when they got inside. Enough food to fill them up but not too much to make a difference to the supply.

Garinka yawned and looked over at Fusion, noticing that the dragon had retreated into herself, giving her eyes a blank look. "Oy. Come on, Fuse. Let's get some rest, it's been a stressful day, and ya certainly aren't going ta get anything accomplished on a tired muscle." She nudged the debilitated dragon into the sleeping quarters, nosing around for a nest that didn't have the scent of a current occupant in it.

Eventually she found one near the back of the room that both she and Fusion could sleep in. Garinka didn't mind that fact that she was old and couldn't her body heat as well. Fusion was like a warm blanket, keeping her warm at night. She stepped inside the nest and snuggled down next to Fusion, who gazed at the floor with her glassy stare.

Soon the white dragon and the purple dorsal were asleep, trying to relax off all that had happened.

((Freaking huge post because I had five hours to myself because of my strep throat that was keeping me up? WHY YES, YES INDEED.))

Edited by CYDA LUVA83