CYDA LUVA83

Ancient Beginnings

Doom breathed fire into the air, anger filling his eyes. "I'll tell you exactly who he is." Doom started pacing rapidly, eyes darting around the place crazilly. "He's the King of Darkness as you all know. Me, Fusion and Niomi thought we took care of him about 250 years ago, but NOOOOOOOOOO HE HAS TO COME BACK AND RUIN EVERYTHING!" Doom stopped pacing and breathed another jet of flame. "He's also...he's...my dad..." Doom hung his head and glared at them all, eyes practically glaring into their very souls.

Edited by Doomkaiser

Greilac stared after Ashur with childlike shock for a moment, before resiting the urge to curl up and die. This was going to go so horribly wrong, she could tell. With a resigned sigh, she looked to Lydia. "No time like the present." She said dully, shaking the coat off of her snout. Now was not the time for these antics. It was a simple trip, really; go in, see if anything was wrong, go home. But, taking Ashur into the equation.... Greilac tried to contain her rising angst. Nothing would be gained from panicking like a little newborn hatchling. She needed to stay focused, and go along with the plan. With weak resolve, she turned, and trudged through the portal.

Just... Just act like a dumb automation! It'll be easy! Greilac thought, hoping against hope.

---------

Vayli snapped to attention when Ellen bumped into the barrier, a sharp crack emanating out from the area of impact. She turned wide eyes to the Grounds' edge, staring hard at the not so invisible part of the barrier. Some idiot human had just walked into the barrier! The Fey chuckled slightly as she stared, glad that Varaug and Farengar had done a good job with the entire protecting the grounds thing. She stood up, staring at the barrier in wonder before putting her hand gently against the shield. She got stung, and pulled it away. Vayli, content to watch this human try to figure out magic, sat impassively as she yelled at the barrier with palatable anger. Vayli pondered this for a brief moment. So, a hunter got her mitts stuck in the doorjamb. She observed with detached amusement. The human next to her shouted back, shocking her out of her detached state. He was yelling back at the hunter in an angry fashion. Telling the other to go away, perhaps? It was likely.

The human turned back, looking to the ground with a tired expression. Vayli frowned in sympathy, waking a tendril of magical glow at the ground below him to catch his attention. When he looked up, she made a sweeping gesture with her wing, pointed at the entire grounds. Trying to get through to him that they had somewhere to go away from this noisy human if he was getting tired of her following him around like some sort of lovesick dog. Only louder. And angrier.

Edited by Lato_Dato

James looked at the magic for a second and then back to Vayli, who was gesturing at the grounds with her wing. He just stared for a moment before the thought hit him. Ellen coudn't get through and the dragon probably meant for them to leave. "Got nothing better to do..." He mumbled. He had forgotten about his injured shoulder and got up, sending a shooting pain up his arm. He managed to stand, but not without an increadibly pained expression on his face and him bitting his knuckles. "GAH!" He yelped at the pain.

'He's... your dad. -Varaug could hardly believe his ears.

'Well... Wow... -he slurred, unsure what to say at that moment. Seriously? Doom's father? That was one of the last things he expected to hear.

But other than that, things seemed pretty clear. He was very powerful and he was drawn to the grounds for what ever reason. They would have to prepare... Wait, what the...

'E-hey, is that a... -Varaug scowled when he spotted James in the distance. it was the human from earlier, and the fact he hadn't left yet was unsettling. That, and he really didn't feel like he was the one to discuss Doom's problems with his father.

He slinked away casually and went towards the stranger.

'Hey you! -he snarled, but in draconic, so it came out as gibberish.

'What are y... ack, damnation! -the magi resisted the urge to slap his own face. Humans didn't speak draconic!

Fine, simple enough, squash the human. He's obviously a spy! Or a hunter, or who knows what?! He was not welcome at any rate. Just when Varaug had already figured the right magic words to turn James into a pile of ashes. He looked about and spotted Vayli nearby. She seemed un-well, and had a bandage around her leg.

'What's going on here? -he arched an eyebrow at the fey- 'Are you alright Vayli? We really should get you to the medical wing... and who's he? -the magi gestured at James.

Edited by Ælex

Vayli looked towards Varaug, tentatively incing away from the urge to put up a magical barrier around the human for protection. She didn't much want to stand up to Varaug, especially in this state; she couldn't move. And because she couldn't move, she couldn't dodge. And since she couldn't dodge... The fight with Varaug would last approximately two and a bit seconds. The amount of time it would take for him to rush on over there and squash her into a pancake. That idea, was not a pleasant one. Time she covered for the human, before he got pancaked himself.

"I was relaxing by the lake when I was attacked by one of those.... things from earlier. This one leaped in and saved my butt like a champ." She praised the human, throwing a grateful grin his way. Once she looked back to Varaug, however, her look was more pensive. Was this going to work?

She knew she had said her piece there, and anything more would be laying the praise upon the human to sickeningly thick levels, which wasn't likely to endear Varaug to him much. She gauged his reaction with care, watching for any hint that he was about to blast the human into oblivion. She would prefer to get a protective spell around the human before then, if at all possible.

Edited by Lato_Dato

James stayed his distance, so as not to give the dragon a reason to blast him. He was thinking about how exactly he was going to comunicate with these dragons. He was ready to jump out of the way, even if he coudn't dodge a dragon that size, he could try to atleast survive. When Vayli looked at him gratefully, he coudn't helpbut smile. He just stood there akwardly, looking around, looking kind of scared of Varaug, but maintaining his cool.

Varaug leaned in and gave the human a good sniff ,then backed off briskly. He wreaked of his own BO, gross. Other than that, he did smell just like any other hunter, but had no firearms with him. Just some dinky little axe that looked as if it wouldn't even manage to pierce any dragon's hide.

'Did he now? -he gave Vayli a wondering glance.

'He looks pretty messed up. -he added, noticing the extent of James' injuries. He was in no good shape...

'Well, let's get you both to the medical wing then. Who knows, we might just be able to get some info about our little hunter pest problem from this one stray. -the magi reasoned, went over to Vayli, moved her onto his back, then gave James the 'come with me' gesture put one paw forward so that the human could perhaps climb up on top as well, and waited for a response.

Edited by Ælex

James stood completely still as Varaug sniffed him. "Oh god oh god oh god." Was all that was going through James' head at the time. When Varaug picked up Vayli, he thought he was going to die. But when Varaug extended his claw for him to climb up, he shook his head and pointed to his right arm and leg and shrugged. He made a motion to say he could walk and walked up alongside Varaug.

Doom breathed fire into the air, anger filling his eyes. "I'll tell you exactly who he is." Doom started pacing rapidly, eyes darting around the place crazilly. "He's the King of Darkness as you all know. Me, Fusion and Niomi thought we took care of him about 250 years ago, but NOOOOOOOOOO HE HAS TO COME BACK AND RUIN EVERYTHING!" Doom stopped pacing and breathed another jet of flame. "He's also...he's...my dad..." Doom hung his head and glared at them all, eyes practically glaring into their very souls.

Keisha's eyes widened, and she froze. His father? But I thought his father... Blinking a few times, the guardian wondered. Come to think of it... Doom never really talked to me about his parents before, and I never brought it up because I didn't want him feeling uncomfortable... Wow... Shaking her head, Keisha looked up at her mate.

"Okay... He's back. So what? I mean, the King of Darkness title sounds kind of intimidating, but besides that..." She paused. "He's your father... I don't think he'd want to hurt you no matter how much it seems like it."

"You weren't there, Keisha... You should have seen it. I felt darknes coursing through my blood then all of a sudden he started talking through me! The Dark Lord's voice coming from my throat..." she gripped her throat, or at least tried to; her ghostly paw went straight through her transparent scales. He commanded us to come to his realm and we fought him and we won! I never woke up, Keisha. Do you know what it's like to NEVER WAKE UP BECAUSE OF THAT DRAGON!? No... you don't. I do." She climbed up on Keisha's back, trying not to fall through the guardian dragon. "We have to hide. Somewhere safe." Niomi said.

~~~~~

Farengar walked to Doom and Keisha, squinting as he watched the little figure clambor all over her. "That's... a bit odd... A ghost that doesn't barge through everything it touches." He cracked his neck, the vertabre started feeling a bit rigid. "Calm down, ghost. I'm sure it can't be that bad. A lot worse things kill a lot stronger dragons. Something that killed a hatchling in a small fight can't be that bad."

Niomi growled and lept through Keisha's neck and Farengar's body, intending to give the magi a very nauseous feeling by passing through him. "It's not funny you meanie!" The spring hatchling yelled. "It's serious! This dragon has killed thousands!" She flew through his neck again and out his ears. "I'll keep doing that unless you start being nice!"

"Mr. Doom, sir. What is this thing doing to my face?"

~~~~~

Lydia hiked up the hem of her dress and charged throught the picture. Mumbling under her breath about how idiot Leroy Jenkins was. That dragon just did not have patience for planning! She came out of the portrait justlike she had said, in the back room of a blacksmith's shop. Ashur and Greilac had made it safely through, good. "Alright, just follow my lead." She said, walking through the back door of the shop, not taking any notice to all the fancy metalworks that lined the walls of the back room.

((Everytime my dad talks with one of my friends I feel like an immature idiot...))

'Alright, let's take fifteen minutes instead of thirty seconds to get there... no! -the magi scowled and mumbled- 'Lev'rodrech.

A simple telekinesis spell, enough to lift the silly little newcomer off of his feet and have him hover several meters in front of Varaug. He unfolded both his wings and took off, towards the medical tent, careful not to let Vayli or the human take a long fall and a permanent dirt nap. Once there, he landed in front of the facility as gently as possible, set James down lightly, then gestured for him to enter, walked in and set Vayli down on one of the cots.

'Lydia? -he shouted.

'Oh, yea. She's not around right now. -Varaug remembered.

He was a lot of things, but he was no medic.

None of the tools in the tent seemed familiar to him, nor did all the vials and bottles.

'A medic's job must be very demanding... wonder where Garinka is.

=====================================

'Nice place. -Ashur commented. He followed Lydia, admiring the different tools hung all around and about along the way. Ashur was no particular fan of human engineering, but it was fascinating to see what new manner of doodads they'd come up with for over two hundred years. They didn't fail to impress, either. There was an abundance of mechanisms of all sorts as well.

Edited by Ælex

Grublin opened his eyes as Varaug, Vayli, and a little human entered the tent. He didn't know these two dragons, so he kept his mouth shut and his eyes low so as not to instigate anything, but he couldn't help but be curious about the human. The two seemed to trust it and it looked pretty banged up, so the green dragon just lay his head back down on the cot. "Magi, you look like you're in need of a medic. I know I just stated the obvious, but I've been in here more than anyone and know my way around. If you need help, I'm here to provide it." He stated, shifting his weight on the cot so he could look up at the magi. "My name is Grublin, scavenger of the ruins. And you?"

~~~~~

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, pretty nuts and bolts made from our hides. Now let's go!" Lydia yiped, pulling Ashur and Greilac along behind her. She took them around the front of the building and stopped in before she reached the front entrance. "Okay, if anyone asks: You're my hubbie, we bought this automaton as a pet to play with the kids. The kids' names are... John and Louise. The automaton broke and we came here to get it repaired. No, we wouldn't like it to get replaced, just fixed. Got that?" She said, gasping at the end of her statement, having said all of it in one breath. Lydia stood up straight and looked up at Greilac, the metal dragon looked so much bigger now... But no worries! The blacksmith's ceiling was tall, and the disguised dragon was sure everything would go alright.

"Okiday, then. Let's go!"

Edited by CYDA LUVA83

'But but but... -Ashur raised a finger.

When Lydia got to the part about the 'kids' he realised that they'll be going undercover as husband and wife.

'Okay. -he hung his head in acceptance, looked up at Greliac, then back at Lydia.

'Wow, we got some bad-ass imaginary kids. -he held back a laugh and covered his face with his palm.

Following Lydia, he kept both eyes and ears widely open, just in case.

Then, a strange smell hit his nostrils. A vehicle, leaded with gasoline was passing by outside. Ashur managed to catch a glimpse of a sign on it's side.

'That either means, 'burn this', or 'don't burn this, it'll catch fire easily and hurt someone'. -he thought mischievously and grinned a little. Oh the idea, it was explosive.

=============================================

'Ah, Grublin. I heard about you from Farengar. It's nice to meet you. -he said with slight relief.

'Yes, my friends here got into a rough one from what I gather. Anything you can do to help them would be appreciated.

Ah, sorry. Varaug, The Harbin... -he clenched his jaw shut instantly. Why did he have to say that?!

'Nevermind.

Edited by Ælex

The door hit a bell as Lydia opened the door and walked inside. She motioned for Ashur and Greilac to follow. A squat little man who worked in a forge looked up from his work, setting the fancy-shped metal in a bucket of water to cool. He wiped his hands on his apron and removed his goggles from his face. Lydia walked up to him, a coin puch in her hand. "'Ello Morgan, I need you to do some repairing for me." She said nonchalantly.

"Eh? Lenora, what 'ave yeh here? I never knew you bought an auto'. Shouldave bought from me. Good work, good price!" The blacksmith said, gesturing to a wall where several bots waited in a powered down mode.

"Enough chit-chat, Morgan. She was passed down from my father, for your information, but on to what matters. She had an unexpected power-down earlier today and that's never supposed to happen. We were hoping you could give us a diagnosis and maybe repair her to top-notch condition."

"Ah... alright. but I close in an hour, Mrs. Lenora! Do you know what time it is? Almost closing time, that's what!" The blacksmith chattered. He took the coin purse from Lydia's hand and twaddled over to Greilac. "Beautiful metal work... Do you know of the smith?"

"No, sir, 'fraid not. Mind if we look around the shop?"

"Sure, sure, go ahead."

Lydia motioned for Ashur to follow her as she started walking down a hallway full of merchandise.

~~~~~

Grublin raised his brow when Varaug started to say something yet didn't. He shuffled awkwardly out of his cot and over to a table that was littered with medical supplies. He picked up a sharp needle and a long strand of sterile thread in his claws. Taking a look at James, the green dragon realized that the human was as tall as the needle was long... so scratch that... He then turned to Vayli, and looked at her injuries. Taking a bottle of sterilizer in the other paw, he poured it over her wounds and began to stitch them up.

James looked very anxious, his eyes gave that away easily. "Can none of you speak English?" He said, his voice low and nervous. He held his breath, hoping they could atleast understand the word English. His head wirred with the machinations of the complex machine that was his mind still trying to process the days events.

----------------------

Doom looked at Niomi and held in a laugh. "That's Niomi, she's a childhood friend." His face became grim as he remembered his fathers traits. "He could fly over a city one day and it would be gone the next. Entire armies would try to take him on, only to be destroyed by his servants as they were filled to the brim with dark power." He sighed and looked at the sky, eyes closed, looking to be praying. "And Keisha?" He said without opening an eye. "He would destroy the entire planet just to kill me after what I did to him." He opened his eyes and looked at them.

Stitching... why did it have to be stitching? It looked painful as hell when watched from aside, so much so it made Varaug cringe on the inside. He took a step back, looked away from the procedure and at the floor, then asked: 'Grublin, this human here apparently saved my friend's life, or something similar. He seems harmless enough, and although I've got an eye on him at all times, I was considering, perhaps if we can somehow find a way to communicate with him, he could give us some valuable intel on just what we're dealing with as far as the human threat goes. -he elaborated, just when James said something in his weird unfamiliar language. The only word he recognised was "English".

'Looks like he has something to say as well. -he arched an eyebrow and looked at James.

'Draconic, Hadraksian, Cidonien, Trollish, Dwemer, Trauhe. -he listed the languages he'd learned in the past from the library. True half of them were dead old languages that he'd studied just for the sake of decrypting old texts, but then one never knows. The human may be a scholar for all Varaug knew. But judging by his appearance, the odds were very very low.

=================================================

'Pretty shiny bits and bobs all over this place. -Ashur commented while strolling beside Lydia.

His mind was still elsewhere, though... '...electrical discharge on demand, lightning strike, telekinetic buildup?

No... Discharge is my best bet. -he glanced out the surrounding windows. The vehicle was still there, a dozen or so meters from the building he and Lydia were in.

'Hey... I'll be right back. -Ashur suddenly spun around and headed out the door, silently snatching a small metallic screw from the shelve the second before exiting the building.

Edited by Ælex

Keisha slowly began to process everything that was being said. "So... Okay, let me get this straight. Doom's father..." She turned to Niomi "Is the one that killed you. Okay. I get that. You, Doom, and Fusion, fought him once... And won. Yet he's still alive." She tilted her head. "How if you won? Didn't you make sure to like... Check if he was dead? He can't be immortal. That's just stupid." Huffing, the guardian dragon sat down and shook her head, listening to Doom.

"What... Exactly did you do to your father, sweetie?" She asked nervously, not sure if she wanted to know the answer. I think Niomi is right, though... We must hide... Or warn the others and just take him... There's no way that he'll win if he's greatly outnumbered...

Niomi shrunk into the ground, her mist was shaky and her eyes were closed. "Don't answer that..."

~~~~~

Lydia watched as Ashur left and continued down the hall after he had gone. She wanted to check on something that Morgan had told her about the last time she was here. After rounding a few turns in the large shop, she came to a shelf of what looked like mechanical bees. The Apple Tree in the Grounds had been slowly dying for years and they had no solution to fix the problem. At least they didn't until Morgan had told her about the bees. They were able to fly through the elements and retrieve pollen from as far away as ten miles. They would do. Taking her satchel off and looking behind her to make sure no one followed, Lydia swept the clockwork bees off of the shelf and into her pack.

Minutes later she returned to the main hll of the blacksmith's shop and waited for either Ashur to return or Greilac to be fixed.

~~~~~

Grublin cocked his head as he bit the thread in half and tied the rest in a secure knot. "What about Miss Fusion? She lived as a human for fifteen years, no? From what I know, she's sitting outside the front door. Shouldn't be too difficult for her to translate for us." He took another look at James and sat back on his haunches, unsure of how to treat such a tiny thing. "I may have some gauze around here somewhere..."

"Did you..." Came a voice from the opening of the tent. "Did you. You. Did you say... my. You, my name?" It stuttered, almost drunkenly. Turning around, Grublin saw Fusion standing in the entrance staring at the ground. "Naiavee said. She said she heard my name..." The dragoness looked up at Grublin, her red eyes vacant. "Guess not." She gazed around the tent, nothing catching her curiousity until she saw James.

"You're person. I used to be person, too." Fusion mumbled in english. "At least until I came here. Wanted to be scaly. Lived in a town. Fifty miles, er eighty kilometers that way." She pointed to the southwest.

"Good king, liked scalies. Good mom, loved dad. Bad dad, hurt me." She spoke a mixture of draconic and english; not really trying to, but suceeding in confusing the heck out of Grublin. Suddenly, she shifted into her human form. The Eldest, one of the voices, said it would help her understand the language better, to be in its native state of being. When her skin started to turn pale and her drgaon qualities faded away; a salmom-coloured dress and a red corset appeared on her body; a trick she had learned from her father so as not to appear bare when shifting in a area that was populated with people.

Grublin had to resist the urge not to laugh; Fusion's clothes were so outdated! It was as if she had just stepped out of medieval tim-... Oh, wait... Gathering his composure, the green dragon went over to the woman and placed his paw gently on her shoulders. "Miss? Can you understand what he's saying? Could you tell us?"

Fusion nodded and looked at James, curious. What used to be so familiar was now so alien... "What is your name?" She asked, forming her sentence carefully. words were all a buzz in her head, making it hard to think. "Where are you from? What is your age? Where is your family?" Fusion stopped there, having gone through the general questions.

((Dark Slate Blue for english. Green for draconic. Official appearance: [X]))

Ashur strolled down the street outside like a bawss, holding onto the small metallic screw and continuously altering its properties and charging it up with electricity in one hand. Eventually, he reached the gasoline carrier, and casually lodged the charged up metallic screw upon the vehicle's surface, close to the flammable liquid.

He took a few steps back, grinned, and snickered mischievously.

A passer-by saw him, gave him the dirty look and mumbled" "Tourists."

'Yea up yours too, buddy! -Ashur yelled in draconic at the passer-by, after noticing him.

He turned around and headed back towards the blacksmith, entered the building and leaned against a wall.

========================================

((Waiting for Jamie's post.))

Edited by Ælex

Doom sighed, not wanting to remember, but having to so he could explain. "Well, we did kill him and I made sure he was dead." He looked at them, the usual playfull spark in his eyes gone. "One does not simply kill the King Of Darkness." Doom said, holding up a claw, his index and his thumb connecting. "He was "killed" but over the years his powers must have built up again and now he's back and is probably coming this way right now." Doom thought whether to answer Keisha's question. "About what I did to him...You'd be pissed if your only son, the one who is supposed to be the heir to your throne, betrayed you by destroying half your city and then killing you later on..." He put a claw up to his face and ran it over his head.

-------------------------------

James raised an eyebrow at the mixture of English and Draconic. "Well...my name is James Gómez De Quevedo Villegas y Santibáñez Cevalles, but most people call me James." He smiled a bit at the damn long name. He continued after giving her a few seconds to remember the name. "I was born in Sevilla, but moved to Scotland when I was fourteen. I'm twenty one years old and my family...Well...I don't really want to talk about that..." He said, his voice getting sad.

Edited by Doomkaiser

Fusion took a step back at his name. What mother thought of that? She shook her head to dispell the buzzing thouhts. "My name is Fusion Maria Hontario Quarez Fall. My friends call me Fusion, Fuse, or conFusion. I was born in Gundenspyrr. I am two hundred and thirty six years old. My mother is dead; my father, maybe; my brother, most likely over one hundred and sixty years ago. I have one child, though her current whereabouts are unkown. One sister, who was killed long before I even came here." No emotion showed on her face as she spoke, the woman was just repeating a message that had been repeated a great many times; like a recording. "Nice to meet you, James." It was said in a monotone.

Fusion turned to Grublin, Varaug, and Vayli, not looking any of them in the eye, just staring into the space ahead of her. "His name is James. Lives in Scotia. Twenty-one. From his dress, he flies without wings." She said, giving them the information James had given her.

"So he's an aeronaut, then? Must have been with the blimp from earlier. Fusion, ask him what weapons the humans have to attack us. Where they are stored, things like that." The green dragon said to her and unwrapping a roll of gauze, biting off a tiny strip just right for a human, and pouring a small amount of sterilizer on it. "Oh and, tell him that this will sting a little."

"Don't move. It will sting, judging from your size, a whole lot. What weapons do the humans have? What are they called? Where are they stored? Where are they made? What can they do?" She asked, feeling proud of being able to talk so clearly.

Varaug sat in silence, observing the scene and wondering just how english even worked.

This'll be good. -he mumbled when Fusion asked about the human weaponry. He snatched a piece of parchment and a quill from the nearby desk and levitated both in front of himself, then started to write down everything that was being said in that room on that day. What ever information they'd receive, he wanted it written down.

'Pss, Var, do you like fireworks? -the magi recieved a telepathic message from an all-too familiar source.

'What are you up to now, Ashur? -he replied flatly.

'You'll see. I think everyone might see, actually.

'Oy vey... -Varaug sighed and got back to writing.

Edited by Ælex

James knew exactly how much medical supplies stung, after all, he had almost completely severed off his leg that one time when he tried to climb up the side of his blimp. He shuddered at the thought and answered her question, remembering clearly what there was. "The air force have aproximatley five hundred blimps, of which fifty are used for recon, but can be equiped for battle. There are 236 tanks, weird number and there are also about...five thousand soldiers." He thought for a moment. "Everything is made in London, Albion and then shipped everywhere for use." He smiled slightly, remembering the time he "accidently" blew up a storage house. "The main storage area is in Manchester. That's where all the blimps are stored. The tanks are in Liverpool." He tried to remember what the tanks could do, having never actually seen one. "The blimps have their cannons on the sides. The tanks have...one big cannon from what i've heard and the soldiers have their guns." He finished, his pride showing, which immediatly vanished as he remembered the sting he hated so much was coming.

Vayli moved her leg tentatively, wincing as the stitches stretched in her leg. That was defiantly going to sting for quite a while. Probably would scar also. She looked to the needle, and then back to the human. The instant she looked back to the human, the word, 'kebab', flashed unceremoniously into her mind. She chuckled slightly, looking away. Now was not the time to go all meat eater on everyone again; her kind was most suited for vegetarianism after all, and while she could eat meat and like it, it always gave her a horrible stomach ache later on. Not worth it. She watched the human for a moment as he spoke, yet quickly grew disinterested with his incomprehensible speech; all the valid information was being picked up by Fusion, anyways. She had virtually nothing to do, apart from,well, ignore the ringing pain in her leg. Maybe she could come up with some sort of magical pain killer for next time her leg was almost chopped off?

Deciding that this would be more prudent to carry out this plan now, she began using her magic on her leg as experimentation of this new, awesome magic.

----------------------------------

Greilac stood by the door uncertinatly, staring down at the small human. So, this one could help her? She leaned down slightly, observing him closer with barely disguised skeptism, even daring to look him in the eye. She blinked, the red light in her eyes blinking out for a second before looking towards Lydia with a blank look on her face. This guy knew how to work with metal, it was plain, but work with magic? That much was yet to be seen. She saw Ashur walking out of the store in the corner of her eye, and in the back of her mind she started to count the seconds; it would be worth it to see how long Ashur could go without blowing something up. It really just depended upon the strength of the explosion...

I hope he doesn't raze the entire town around our godamn ears... Greilac thought fiercely, looking out of the door with worry.

The blacksmith grabbed himself a tall ladder and started to look all over the dragon's body for a hatch that would lead into her clockwork insides. He had already check the obvious places, but now he was looking for a door in her back, or on her head, but he just wasn't finding any. "Ah, Mrs. Lenora? Where's her hatch? I can't find any. Don't tell me she's a magical automaton. If she is, well, some drilling is involved with that, and that costs extra. Where's her core, Mrs. Lenora?"

Lydia leaned against the wall, trying to make eye contact with Greilac. "Somewhere around her head or her chest. But make sure you scan for it before you drill, Morgan. We don't want any swiss cheese automatons here."

"Alrighty, Mrs. Lenora." Morgan began to tap Greilac's metal hide with a hammer, listening for a certain sound. finally when he got to the base of her neck, he heard what he was looking for and put the hammer back in his belt. Taking a small, metal saw of of his blacksmith belt, he cut a circular hole in the back of Greilac's head. Putting the saw back and grabbing what looked like a sparking pair of tongs. He went to work repairing the fading core. "Must be an old bot, never seen a core so faded and dissolved..."

He put the tongs back in his belt and welded the circle of metal back on Greilac's head. "She's all good Mrs. Lenora!" He shouted to Lydia. "Feel better girl?" The blacksmith asked, patting Greilac's side. He got down off of his ladder and put all his tools up. "Alrighty, I'll need another ten coins, Mrs." Lydia nodded and threw him another coin purse.

"Okay, Grei, time to go home. Where'd Ash go?" Lydia asked, walking up to the giant metal dragon.

~~~~~

Fusion prepared herself to repeat every that James had said verbatim."The air force have aproximatley five hundred blimps, of which fifty are used for recon, but can be equiped for battle. There are 236 tanks, weird number and there are also about...five thousand soldiers. Everything is made in London, Albion and then shipped everywhere for use." She paused, taking a breath. "The main storage area is in Manchester. That's where all the blimps are stored. The tanks are in Liverpool. The blimps have their cannons on the sides. The tanks have one big cannon from what I've heard and the soldiers have their guns." She sat down on the cot beside James, her back had started to hurt from standing up.

Grublin placed the gauze on the right side of James's body, wondering how the human was able to function confortably with such injuries. "Fusion, ask him, er... I bet you can tell me. How can humans be so durable yet have bodies so fragile?"

"Just the way we are."