CYDA LUVA83

Ancient Beginnings

Dvaros didn't take the offered paw, instead staggering to his feet himself. He didn't much want to chance mangling Lydia's paw, so he just grinned weakly at her. "One downside to super sharp scales is you don't get hugs from pals..." He said sardonically with a chuckle, too nervous to lead the way out of the room. So he just glanced to Lydia, and motioned for her to lead the way outta there. It was her medical tent, after all... Maybe he could give her a tour of the place. He chuckled at the thought. The only place the 'tour' was likely to lead would be his bed. But he didn't much mind; sleep was defiantly on the agenda, at least for now...

He swayed lightly on his feet, feeling the fatigue. It seemed now that the adrenaline had run off, his body had decided it would attempt to pick where he slept. With a roll of his eyes, he followed Lydia out of the room, swearing she had said... something. He just couldn't quite gather exactly what at that moment...

Farengar grumbled, sitting down at the table, waiting for Lydia to bring him his breakfast food. He didn't see that dragon studying twenty hours a day on magic spells that might protect them from human raids. Of course... she did tend to those injured. He sighed, laziness kicking in, and got up to go get the grit mix from the larder closet. The magi opened the larder and pulled out the grit mix, butter (kept fresh by the block of ice that surrounded it), and the eggs (harvested from the nests found scattered throughout the hunting forest). He poured the grit mix into a kettle full of water, soon set to boil by a quick burst of fire from his staff. Farengar stirred the mix, soon adding the eggs and butter. The delicious smell of breakfast food soon wafted up to his nostrils, causing a delighted shudder to ripple across his scales. Oh lord... he was hungry.

With a small dash of spices, his grits were ready.

~~~~~

Grublin, not hearing an answer, took up the corpse in his mouth again, and dived down into the pond. "Akula? Where are you, you little seal of a dragon?"

~~~~~

Garinka couldn't reach Grublin anymore and she sighed mentally. He had gone out of her range... great... But wait! She had to tell the others about what she had heard! "Everyone!" the white dragon broadcasted loudly. "I have very important news! We will be freed! Freed very very soon! The Grounds is alive and well! Dragons live above us! They know of our existence, they cherish it! They have studied our history well and are searching the caverns for us. Two dragons were down here earlier, searching. Searching for us! We'll be able to stretch our legs, to run, to eat, to fly." The white dragon sank back into her mind, somewhat exhausted by her effort.

A small voice peeped up, Fusion's voice. "Gar...?"

"Hm?" Garinka replied, happy to hear the sound of the dorsal's thoughts.

"Will I see Arget again? And Shona? And Mom and Martin?"

"I don't know, hon. Arget... he wasn't exactly in the best condition when the demons attacked. And Shona? You remember that she was a fairie, right? And that your family was a family of humans?"

"Humans..." The word was too foreign to her for the dragon to understand.

F...Free? The word was foreign to Keisha's mind. Free... She hadn't heard that word in over 200 years. She really hoped they were able to be free soon, these caverns were huge, it would take a while before they were found unless the other dragons got lucky. They need to know which direction to go in... Oh please... Someone had better be smart and tell them exactly where to go... Keisha thought to herself. She was getting more weaker more quickly, I am going to die... Keisha knew if she was in here for much longer she'd parish... She was already weak enough from trying to fight off the demons. I am going to die unless I get out of here soon...

((Quick question: what's the general translation from dragon years to human years? It just struck me while I was writing my character sheets that, depending on how dragons are supposed to age, Dawn and Friaza might very well still be alive and kicking two hundred years after the end of NB, and I have several generations of characters between then and now. o_o

We don't have to have anything particularly strict, but it'd be good to have a general idea of how long they live so that I'm not making unreasonably short-lived characters. Once I know that, I can finish tweaking the sheets and shoot them off to you.

...Also, do you think we should have an OOC thread?))

Akula swam up and saw Grublin. "Heya Grublin, whatcha need, I was just thinking of what it would be like to be a seal." He said cheerily. He saw the body and paled a bit. "I-I can take it..." He said, grabbing it quickly and simming away, looking for a cave to put it.

-------------------

Doom felt the pain coming from Vayli. "Vayli, I know this isn't the best time to mention it, but there is a dragon above you, chrome from what I can tell." He thought long and hard until he came to an idea. "If the crystals get shattered, I can jump faster than the dragon could fall." He said, giving a suggestion. He heard freedom and a wave of relief spread throughout his body.

((They might still be alive, but you gotta remember, this isn't the same landscape as it was in NB. It's the 19th century and dragons are being harvested worldwide for their body parts. Those darned Steampunkers, eh? There wouldn't be many havens in the world besides perhaps the Grounds, Siberia, Antarctica, and maybe Austrailia. South America could work, too; the dragons seen as gods by the natives who still practice the old traditions or as beasts not to be messed with by others who are more modern.

There are probably only about two thousand five hundred dragons left. They're being hunted to extinction here. Perhaps we could RP the humans as well to show the corruption in the government or the saddened hearts of the children that see dead dragons carted by everyday. Maybe we could RP the hunters? It would give us a second point of view on the raids.

On the subject of age, I'm going by what's at the bottom of every dragon page at the main site. Takes 200 years to mature to adulthood (but of course we always speed that up to about three months and egg development to about one month, sometimes less).

From what I gather from what we always did... Female dragons would be incubating the eggs inside them for about 15 days, then lay the egg. They incubated them externally for about 30 days. The egg hatches into a little hatchie. The hatchie is a stage 1 for about 7 months, sometimes way less depending on how long they were in the egg. Then they would transfer to Stage 2 and stay that way for another half year. So they would be adults for nearly 500 years. By now the dragon would be approximatly 504 years... then they would transcend to Elder. They would be Elder for about 300-400 years then die.

Well, that explains Feralo being 1,000+ years old. ;P

Did I explain all that right? If I didn't, please tell me you get the idea. Or if you don't, I'll try to explain it again.

*exhale*))

Grublin gagged involuntarily after the zombie's corpse left his mouth. "Just be sure to put it in a spot where it can't get to anyone if it comes back to life. Zombies can be that way, ya know?" With that, Grublin swam back up to the surface of the pond, not enjoying the sensation of losing air and having his legs being nibbled on by a couple of lamprey eels. When the green dragon reached the shore, he sat down and pulled the jawless fish off of his arms, wincing as the little circles of teeth were extracted from his scales. Grublin trotted back to the fort, confident that Akula would find a good place to stash the body. When he walked into the fort, Farengar was sitting at the dining table nom, nom, nomming on what looked like grits. He shook his head and smiled, knowing how fond the magi was of the creamy breakfast food.

But just when the green dragon was about to sit down for some grits of his own, he noticed the bowl Farengar was eating out of looked a little strange...

"FARENGAR, YOU B*STARD! WHERE'S THE BEDPAN?! You better not have cooked your grits in it!" Lydia came storming in, her feathers all a ruffle.

The cloaked magi looked down at the bowl where he poured his grits and gagged, running out of the front door when he realized he was eating out of the bedpan.

Grublin blanched, not wanting any grits now.

Grublin immediately ducked under the table, his sensitive ears hearing the buzz of human planes. But then they were gone and something more natural, more normal was in their place... Another dragon? How did she find them? It didn't matter, the dragon may have been shot and wounded. The green dragon ran outside to greet the newcomer, his wings flaring as he half ran, half flew to the Ribbon Dancer. Grublin dipped his head when he came close to her, signaling that he meant no harm. "You were in a scuffle with the humans?" He asked, curious and slightly frightened. Whoever could best the humans in combat was far stronger than he was. After all, he was just a scavenger, not a hunter.

"Welcome to the Training Grounds..." He gestured with his wings at the area that surrounded them. "Rest for the weary, food for the hungry, and little adventures for the brave. Looks like you need everything except the adventures..." Grublin cleared his throat, understanding that he was rambling. "Please. Come inside. We have a medic that will tend to your wounds, a cook that will feed you, and a nest for you to sleep in." The green dragon noticed the nearly-infected gashes created by bullets and other forms of weaponry, they would need to be treated soon.

Grublin took a step back when she opened her wings, slightly fearing some sort of assault. "We ask naught for coins or gifts. Only that you do not endanger us by attracting humans with fancy displays of flight or color.. The walls of the barrier go up high enough to allow comfortable flight, but we stay close to the trees just in case we have to dash for cover..." He examined her wing, trying not to stare.

"Come on inside. Lydia, our medic, will tend to you. I'll make you something to eat and..." What else should he say? "Avoid the magi in the cloak, his name is Farengar and he's crazier than a pygmy dragon. Crazy as in neurotic and annoying, but nothing voilent. He mostly just spends the whole day in the second story of the castle reading books. I guess that's what makes Farengar so paranoid... ahem, anyway." Grublin began to turn towards the ruins of the old castle. But then he stopped and extended a wing towards the fort. "Just go through that front door, go past the table and bookcases until you reach the back door. Lydia should be out there with another dragon, Dvaros." He started to walk back to the ruins, going to go looking through the library again even though it was around 3:00 in the morning.

Vayli almost wept at the revelation. It seemed too good to be true; she almost disbelieved it, almost shut herself in a cocoon of fear and despair. She shook herself, mentally. She had problems, but they were not insurmountable; the pain was only there because she had been frozen as her life support failed. There was a high chance that, once her dormant magics detected that she herself was not in stasis anymore, it would come back online. It just depended on how long it took to do that, was all. She felt awash with dejection; it seemed the world was just chanting death threats at her now. She was just about to voice her feelings to Doom, when a clear, serene tone rang out around her. Something she had never expected to hear, not now, not ever. It was Greilac.

-------------------

Greilac listened to the voice in her mind, seeing just behind her eyes the images that went with the words. To run, to hunt, to "live, to smell, to hear..." Her thoughts went, going downwards into silence, almost as if she hadn't the energy to speak any more. Her surroundings pressed in on her, and all she wanted to do was to struggle, to break free and make a break for it to breathe in the fresh night air...

But she couldn't move a muscle. Thoughts of freedom swiftly seemed out of reach, and her panic returned in full force. "Seventy three thousand one hundred seventy two and counting... Weather, nominal."

She couldn't help it; it was what she had been created to do, and in all her years she had never been able to override it; to count, to measure, to observe. She was lucky there had been enough leeway in the spell to allow her to act upon what she saw, heard, smelt.

She was lucky there was enough leeway in the spell for intelligence.

She was lucky to be alive, let alone speaking, even if it was just inane babble.

-----------------------

Dvaros had settled in a corner of the medical tent, shuffling uncertinatly. Lydia had told him to wait, so wait he did. It didn't stop him from being tired, lethargic, or just plain bored though. Slowly, his head sank as he began to nod off on the floor, soft snores beginning to arise from him as he proceeded to do what he did best when he was tired; sleep like a log.

Edited by Lato_Dato

Lydia lifted her head and walked out of the tent, someone different this time? The scent of blood washed over her. The white dragon trotted through the back door and into the fort, noticing a Ribbon Dancer with multiple gunshot wounds. "Ma'am...?" Lydia took a step towards the new dragon. "Ma'am? If you'll follow me into the back here, I can clean and treat your wounds."

~~~~~

Farengar, who had been in the second story of the fort, lifted his head. Did he hear Lydia say 'ma'am'? Lydia never said Ma'am! Unless of course she was talking to a stranger or Fiyara. And Fiyara was up in the second story with him. Soooooo... there must be someone new in the fort! Someone... female... He peeked his head down the staircase to get a look at the stranger, but Lydia noticed his bright orange head first, and her eyes seared a death glare into his soul. Farengar pulled his head up, hating Lydia's death glares. Perhaps he'd see the newcomer tomorrow, talk to her about what everyone did and how everything worked. He turned to the book he had currently open. The big books that contained the Ground's history. Ever since the scavengers had found it, he had begun to write notes about the day to day things. He had a new note to write today: Ribbon Dancer arrives.

~~~~~

Grublin sorted through all the books that they hadn't moved to their bookshelves or that they had no more room for yet. It was Farengar's job to make the bookshelves, but even if he made enough, they would cover up ever square inch of space and more of the fort. The library room in the ruins was big enough to hold at least two thirds of the fort. He sighed, looking around at the makeshift covers they used to to protect the books from rain and flame.

His paw touched something and he jumped, oh, it was just the cover of the book he was looking for. It was a normal book just like all the other that they had scavenged, but the feeling of leather books never stopped unnerving him. Animal skin... Dragon skin... The books they had now had paper covers or metal covers....

But anyway, back to the matter at hand. Why had he said that he'd cook for the stranger? To instill a sense of calm in someone who wasn't trusting? He went with that. Grublin opened the book, the cookbook, and looked for something suitable.

((Sorry it took me so long to post, terrible WB.))

Edited by CYDA LUVA83

Lydia looked around, almost as if making sure no one heard, to talk about the failing preotection was something almost everyone wanted to avoid talking about. They would be vulnerable without the barriers... "Yes, that was Grublin, an awkward little fellow, but nice. His parents were among the first captured, so we've all took a hand in raising him. Of course now he's grown and doesn't have anywhere else to go, so he stays and helps." Lydia almost hit herself over the head with her wing. "Oh, what am I doing? Come! This way! We need to see if any of the bullets are still in your scales." Lydia motioned towards the wooden door behind her that led to the little area where her tent was before walking back through it.

Edited by CYDA LUVA83

Akula threw it into a cave and swam back up to the surface. Akula got out of the water and started waddling towards the castle while singing a strange tune. "Never gonna give you up...never gonna let you down, never gonna run away and desert you..." He slowly waddled into the castle and started looking for someone to talk to.

--------------------------

Doom thought hard and decided to suggest something to Vayli. "Could you try and get through to her?" He said, deciding it would be useless for him to contact her since he doesn't know her and it could end very badly for him.

Lydia nodded and pulled her medical bag out of the corner, trying not to wake Dvaros. "It shouldn't be too much trouble removing them. After all, they're just little pieces of metal." She took a small pair of tongs in her claws and began to fish out the bullets and apply antiseptic to the empty wounds. Once the white dragon finished removing all of the bullets, she placed adhesive bandages over the open wounds to cease the bleeding caused by her irritating the wounds. "You are welcome to stay here as long as you like. There's hardly any danger." She said idly, placing the last bandage. "No opposing clans here, just us."

~~~~~

Grublin propped open the cookbook on one of the larders closet's shelves as he pulled ingredients from its quarters. Chickweed, onions, garlic, amaranth, and wild purslane all boiled down to a simmer in the cast-iron pot. At the end of his efforts, the green dragon was able to produce a hot Purslane Broth, a soup that was good for the blood and the mind. He set it on the table and left a note saying that it was for the Ribbon Dancer. After that, Grublin returned to his nest in the resting area, wanting to get back to sleep.

He jumped into the large pile of sticks and stones, nestling down deep until the insulation of the dry leaves brought a warm feel to his scales. He was in a light sleep before five minutes had passed.

((*drools* perty.

When Grubby and Dvaros head back out in the morning, they shall discover the dragons in the amber and bust 'em out.))

Lydia curled her neck back and rested it in an S-shape. "Well, during the day, Dvaros," she motioned towards the sleeping dragon in the corner of the tent, "and Grublin go out to the ruins of what used to be a castle and look for things that might be of value. The whole haven was is desolation when we found it, no idea of what happened or what the history was. So they go out and look for things that might tell us what happened. I mostly stay in this little backyard or inside the fort, doing whatever or researching more cures and healing tecniques." The white dragon took a breath. "The magi that was seen earlier is Farengar, our lead hunter and mage. He orangnizes hunting parties to go out into the forest beside us if we ever need food. We have a cook, but she's either asleep right now or off wandering, she's weird like that. Fiyara is our leader, or the caretaker of the Grounds. She is the brain of most things, watching over and making sure everything is alright. Fiyara is an ice dragon, if you ever run into her.

"Other than that, sometimes the humans attack us. Rarely, but even so, they know that this is an area where they can find dragons. We stay inside the hunting forest or bunker down in the fort whenever they come, sometimes we hide in the ruins. But whenever we stand up for ourselves, someone dies, remember that. On some occasions, the humans get off of their flying machines and hunt us on foot, we can all agree that'll we'll beat them if they do that unless they are in large groups." Lydia paused, unsure if she should continue. "Sorry if that frightened you... Humans..." She cleared her throat. "There's food waiting for you in the dining area, then when you're done with that, just go through the door to the left and you'll enter the resting area. Pick out an empty nest and that'll be yours. And I'll want to check your bandages tomorrow." Lydia said as she packed the medical supplies back up, using her breath to encase them in ice then quickly melting it off with flame, somewhat sterilizing it, she'd do a more thourough job in the morning.

Edited by CYDA LUVA83

((user posted image

It's back...

Where are you guys, how do we get in touch again?!))

((HOLY **** IT'S ALEX!

GIVE ME A HUG YOU ****ING *****.

We're mostly on Skype, but I guess we can start getting back on the chat. Ooorrr we could all chat on Steam, I'd have to redownload that though, I don't think my mom would enjoy Steam on her computer.

And YES! It's back! What do you think? It's the same idea I proposed a long while ago, the steampunk thing. DUDE! MAKE YOUR CHARACTERS AND JOIN IN! I've been trying to contact you for forever!))

Envelopped by darkness deep in the abyss below the castle grounds, all seemed eerily silent...

Wha...

...as if everything real had faded into a pitch black stillness...

......what's happening?

...there was no light, there were no sounds...

I'm either dead... -Ashur figured sadly- Or dreaming of nothing.

But this is far too real to be a dream... -he concluded and tried to move around. Nothing happened.

To make matters worse, he couldn't feel himself breathing either. Panic started to take hold of the grey as the former scenario started to seem more and more plausible by the second.

It'd been nearly two centuries since he'd last seen the light of day...

Everything seemed so vague and he was barely capable of thinking as well.

Hello? Someone, anyone! Answer! -he tried sending out a telepathic message, unsure if it had been heard or not...

What was that?! Who's there?! -a telepathic voice replied.

Damnation! -Varaug cussed at himself. He'd been awake in his prison for a while now, twice as confused and half as frightened as Ashur. He'd forgotten all about telepathy and had spent the last several hours trying to figure out where the hell he was and what that itch in the back of his mind was. Almost as if he'd forgotten something, which in fact was almost everything.

The ambush that took place two centuries ago, their entrapment, everything was half-lost to the magi. The rest just didn't make sense...

'Wait... Varaug?! That you?! -Ashur replied, his spirits lifted.

'Yeah, Ashur. Do you have any idea where we are? And where are the others? I remember... the others were with us when, whatever happened happened!

'We got ambushed Varaug! The whole 'take back the castle' plan didn't work out! Pull your wits together!

'I, I do remember a lot of fighting, but... nothing other than that.

Ash, I can't move a muscle. -the magi telepathed sadly.

'I can't either... I can't see anything, I can't feel anything.

'Me neither. Do you have any ideas?

Several minutes later... Ashur replied grimly.

'No...

((I asked you for details but you didn't oblige. I got what I needed to know from Krissi and Jamie in under 5 minutes today. But thanks anyway... I hope this doesn't break your plot's details.))

Edited by Ælex

((I, THE POWERS THAT BEEEEE! TIMESKIP US TO 7:00AM! GO, MY MINIONS!))

Grublin woke up, his eyes were bags as the unsatisfying sleep he recieved made him feel sluggish. the green dragon climbed from his nest and tiptoed upstairs. No need to tell anyone he was going back down into the caverns. He eyed Farengar, watching the sleeping magi as he crept over to the weapons case. He pulled two swords from the brass case. One for him and one for Dvaros. He also pulled a staff with a large diamond at the tip of it. Rock hard stone that reflected light, it would do perfect.

Grublin trotted down the stairs and into the medical tent, thanking the gods that Lydia was asleep. He placed the steel sword in its sheath then nudged it underneath the sleeping dragon, so Lydia wouldn't see it.

The green dragon ran from the fort and opened the trap door. The green gas was still floating around but it was so dilluted that Grublin couldn't tell. He walked up to the open door from the day before. Hmm... that was odd... the stone that made up the hall he was standing in was much darker than the stone that made up the room in front of him. The light stone led to nothing but trouble... so he decided to stick to the dark stone.

The only trouble he had was getting locked behind another door, but he was still in the dark stone hallway, so it was alright... right? The hallway started to widen... and widen... Until it was as grand as a ballroom. A large, ornate door; gilded gold and satin, stood before him.

Grublin reached out to push open the magical door, but he stopped. What if the nine hells came chasing him once it was opened?

"Hello? Is anyone there? Anyone at all?" He shouted. "Anyone?"

Edited by CYDA LUVA83

Dvaros fidgeted in his sleep, mumbling nonsense every now and again. Uncomfortable, he rolled onto his side, grumbling in annoyance. He rolled onto his feet, shalking his head dazedly before looking to what he had been lying on. It was a sword; still in it's scabbard, so Dvaros wouldn't be skewered in his sleep. For a vague moment, he wondered who had left it there, sniffing it curiously. It smelt strongly of the closet Farengar kept his tools in, and for a moment he glanced about fearfully. He didn't much want to be caught sneaking around with a stolen sword, of all things. Nobody was there. The dragon breathed a sigh of relief, taking in a deep, quiet breath in and out through his nose. He smelt another scent on the sword, just faintly. A musty, chafing smell of rubble and dirty scales... Grublin. He frowned, wondering why he would leave a sword lying there as he slept, and sniffed the air, searching for the green dragon's scent. Finding it after some deliberation, he picked up the sword followed the scent, right out of the new castle and heading towards... The old one?!

Grublin must have been going back down into the catacombs. What was he thinking?! Who knew what was down there, and he was going alone?

What had gotten into his friend's mind?!

In the old library, the scent was fresher there. He abandoned the sword, seeing it as excess baggage now. It wouldn't help him much more than his scales if it came to fighting another zombie dragon. He hopped into the catacombs, gagging at the scent of rotting and death. He had no idea how long the zombie dragon had been here, but boy, did it leave a stench behind... Focusing, he attempted to find Grublin's scent again, and surprisingly managed to get a coherent lead before he could come to the point of throwing up at the horrid stench. He took a deep breath, eyes scanning the passage with worry and fear, before stepping forwards into the dark, trusting the trail the scent gave him to not lead him into trouble. After a little while of what seemed to be walking in circles, he saw a light somewhere further into the tunnel, and a familiar voice entered his ears; Grublin. He was close. Lifting his head, he stared down the passage, and saw a figure silhouetted in the light...

"Grublin..? Grublin?!" He called, as loud as he dared.

--------------------------

Vayli had been trying all night to rouse her metallic friend out of her stupor, but to no avail. All she had heard was mechanical almost panicked counting as she retreated further and further away. Disappointed, she tried harder to aid her friend; she only got a weather report in response. Feeling like crying in frustration, she stopped, shocked, at the newly announced dragon. It was him again; the one that was not trapped. And he sounded... close by. Sure that Greilac had heard the dragon's telepathic call, she tried a different tack.

"Greilac! The end is in sight!" She called to her friend, hoping to get a peep out of the dragon. Nothing was said, but there was a definite feel of... interest.

"Rescue is here, just outside the door! We can see the sky soon; all we need to do is get there!" Vayli tried desperately, doing whatever she could to shock the Chrome Dragon out of it. After all, her life did depend on it...

"Rescue...? We will be... free?" Her friend lethargically replied, almost as if from a great distance. Vayli knew it was too soon to feel relieved; she had made some headway, but she knew Greilac would just retreat right back into her shell if she didn't bolster her friend's flagging hope. She knew there was much to be hopeful about. She could practically see the dragons there with her mind's eye, just beyond the door. The image burned into her memory, the sight of them moving and breathing just over there, she showed to Greilac.

"I see them... the sky..." Her friend said, and this time, there was not just interest but... Hope. A fierce, burning will to be free.

"Soon... Soon, we'll be free..." And this time, determination. Vayli felt the urge to grin. She had woken her friend up from the depths of fear.

And with it, she had saved herself from the horrible omen of a crushing death...

Edited by Lato_Dato

Keisha smiled mentally... She couldn't wait to be freed. There was one problem, though. She was weak. Really weak. Wherever they are, it's far from the surface, far from the sun. Even if they did get free, she wouldn't be able to make it to sunlight. "Doom...?" Keisha croaked out mentally to her mate, praying to the Gods that he can hear her. "Doom... Listen to me... We're going to be... Rescued... You need to find me... And help me up... To sunlight... I'm weak... Need energy..."

With a small groan, Keisha's mind went black.

'Varaug, did you hear that? -Ashur telepathed to his friend when a noise caught his attention.

'No, but I sensed it. We've got company.

'Bad company?

'No, we're under the ruins of a demon-infested castle hive of pure evil.

It's probably just the mailman. -the magi replied arrogantly.

'No need to be snide... -Ashur replied bluntly and tried harder to hear what was going on.

'Whatever disgusting demonic atrocity it may be, the second I get outta' here I'mma shred it into ectoplasm, harvest it and use it to purge the damn place of their stank! -the magi angrily thought out loud.

'Calm the hell down. One, who knows how long we've been stuck like this, for all we know, assuming we get out, we'll be in no shape to defend ourselves. -the grey started up.

And two, you sure shredded them nice when you had the chance who-knows how long ago, didn't you? -he finished off with smug satisfaction, even sensing Varaug getting annoyed once done.

'I was ambushed!!! It threw off my focus! And besides, it's not like you did any better than I did! -the annoyed magi replied.

'How about we just shut up and listen. If this is where we die, I don't want to do it mid-argument with one of my friends. -Ashur responded glumly and silenced his thoughts.

'Alright... -Varaug did so as well, hoping for dear life that they'd be freed and not killed.

Edited by Ælex

((if I can find the time... (obviously I've been busy or I would have come back soon xd.png ) and if I can remember who I had... (which I think all I had was Cruzora- alt black who was mated to Nixon, Galant- crazed and half possessed by his craziness red and Copper, a copper who used to be scared of everything and now isn't...) then I'll join this- if I'm allowed. Man I miss New Beginnings before xd.png ))

((Everyone is allowed. biggrin.gif))

Grublin heard paws shuffle behind him and spun around to face who might be there, the sword brandished in his right paw. It was just the Ribbon Dancer... "What the hell are you doing here? Who knows what might be lurking in the shadows?" He asked.

"Grublin..? Grublin?!"

Grublin looked past Franshy at Dvaros, what a party. "Dvaros? We found something. more dragons. They've been stuck here for who knows how long." He turned back to face the chunks of amber that lay before him. and noticed a pinprick of light coming from the ceiling of the room. He flapped his wings to gain lift and flew up to it. Nosing at the hole, little bits of rubble began to fall, making it bigger. He stuck his paw through and felt the stone of the castle above. So they were still underneath the castle. Interesting. Grublin punched the rubble beside the hole, letting in a plethora of light, making the amber glow and hurt his eyes.

He landed in front of the white dragon that spoke to him and tapped the amber with his claw. Nothing happened except increased activity in the white dragon's mind. He took the diamond staff in his tail and slammed it against the amber, sending several cracks across the surface. Bursts of orange light seeped through the cracks and he heard voices of the past. Demonic howls and shrieks of terror. Then Garinka's voice came to his ears in the same echoey sound that the noises were made of.

"Thank you young ones. Now quickly. Free the others..." The amber cluster she was in burst into pieces, filling the room with a flash of light before it returned to normal. A white dragon lay on a crumpled heap where the amber once stood. Garinka struggled to lift her head so instead she just angled it towards the three dragons.

"Get them out." She broadcasted.

Grublin took his staff and began to break the chunks of amber. Garinka was naming the dragons one by one as he did so. Varaug, Ashur, Doom, Fusion, Tashrin, Vita... Garinka stopped him when he came to Vayli and Greilac, saying that Greilac would crush the smaller dragon if their bodies were freed.

"Dvaros. Can you free the rest while I take these dragons to the surface?" He looked at his comrade then at the dragons that lay in heaps of broken amber. Grublin helped Garinka to her feet and looked around, "How did you guys get here?"

"Demons." Her voice was extremely hoarse after decades of silence. "Trapped us here." She squinted her eyes as she looked up at the beam of light coming from the hole in the ceiling. "Light... Air..." Garinka took a deep breath, letting it fill her body. A shuffling movement caught the corner of her eye. "Fusion, are you alright?"

"Arget hated light after he hurt Roran, had to stay in the dark..."

"That's right, now come on. We have to get out of here, do you really want to stay in the dark for another 200 years?"

Grublin picked up the two females with his front paws and carried them through the hole he had made in the ceiling. Next he picked up Varaug and Ashur, but before lifting off he asked, "Will you guys be okay, now that you're out of there?"

Edited by CYDA LUVA83

B...pancake. -was all Ashur could force out before falling into unconsciousness from both shock and post-dormancy sickness.

'I dunno who you are, but thank you. Who knows how long we been down there. I'll be alright, and so will he. -Varaug answered their liberator with telepathy, barely managing to hold back his urge to heave out his last, now 200 year old meal.

'My name is Varaug, and mister 'pancake' over there is called Ashur.

We lived here once, until, well... I think it's pretty clear what happened.

And then we were reckless enough to come back with hardly any attack plan what-so-ever.

So we ended up like that... -he explained glumly.

'I don't remember much else... who are you by the way, how did you find us?