Nanashi

The Light in The Shadows

What do you think of this?  

66 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

((Wow, every RP I am on is slow. So, yeah, I understand you Sea. WHERE IS SOILEDLOVE!?!?))

Nightstar yawned. He settled back into a shelter under the trees. He usually wasn't this tired, but it was a long day. Nightstar lied down, eyes laid on the sky, while he slowly drifted to sleep.

Fog landed on the tree, barely making a rustle. He looked at the Nebula, who,fortunately, was too focused on the sky to notice him. Fog then disappeared and turned back to those hatchling. Fog flicked his tail with amusement as he looked at those hatchlings. His emerald eyes gleamed and he dropped down. "What's up?"

Steel snapped the limbs of a tree, claws slashing through weak, dry wood. They all crashed down to his feet. Using his jaws, Steel picked up the wood and dropped it in front of Helium's cave. With a puff, Steel lighted the wood on fire. Steel enjoyed the way the fire crackles against the dark night sky. The warmth of the fire, yet the coolness of the night air...it was nice. The glittering stars were quite the enjoyment, too. Oh yeah, and the prey. The smell of roasted meat flew through the air. Literally. Steel was sure that Helium could smell it. Steel settled close to the fire, chewing on a bone that was from a wild boar. This was how he lived his life for quite a long time.

((You called, 'master'? tongue.gif What do you need me for, I don't see anything to reply to...))

((There is plenty to reply to, Soiledlove. And if you find it too boring you could always reply to those OTHER RPs that are on your list. Or go to that OTHER forum that you joined. See, there is plenty to reply to. Oh, and you better reply to that 1x2, and perhaps Wyverns of the Cave, and that Mythclan, you have a lot to do on that...))

((I'm waiting for LRS to post on Mythclan))

Aquos landed near to the hatchlings in the cave after finishing his catch.

"Hey there!" he said.

In his dreams, Helium smelt roasting meat. He dreamt that there was a giant, juicy roasted boar lying a few feet away. Greedily, he flew towards the source of the yummy scent. Unknowingly, he was doing the same in real life...

Edited by greenglassesgal

"I'm Aquos. And that was rude. You should really introduce yourself before asking another," Aquos said in a monotone voice.

Receiving no reply from the Shadow Walker he had seen, Shade took off and flew through the air, scanning his surroundings. Then the wind shifted, bringing to him the scent of roast meat. He licked his fangs hungrily. Though he had no power or resistance over fire, he had tasted cooked meat once when lightning hit a dead tree where he hid his prey. Ever since he had desired another taste.

Without hesitation he veered towards the source of the smell and landed near a spitfire by a fire, with a balloon drifting closer to the flames. Bemused, Shade flicked his tail and stared at the balloon, who was sleepflying dangerously close.

Edited by Shadowdrake

Helium continued to sleepfly towards the flames. An ember hit him, causing him to mumble and brush it off. Suddenly, he started shouting in a loud voice. "NO! DONT YOU DARE TAKE AWAY THAT FOOD, YOU STUPID FLUFFY BUNNY!!!" Then, he started speaking gibberish, before snoring again. He was getting closer to the flames...

landed near a spitfire, black, and tsunami gathered around a fire, with a balloon drifting closer to the flames.

((We are? I though that Fog and Aquos were near the hatching's cave, while Helium and Steel were in the other cave. I'm confused...))

Steel noticed Helium muttering in his dreams as he flew closer. "Lumbering oaf," Steel growled good-naturedly. Taking a giant gasp of air, Steel sent a flamethrower flying towards Helium.

Fog growled, flicking his tail. "Alright. I'll remember that. I'm Fog."

((Really? Uh, I just joined so I had no idea so sorry about that. Derp. Pretend that didn't happen tongue.gif))

Shade tilted his head and wondered morbidly whether the balloon would pop if he drifted too close to the fire.

"Hello," he said quietly to the spitfire.

((Yeah it's OK I'm pretty confused too, so... biggrin.gif ))

"Hi." Steel muttered. He flicked his tail to the roasted boar. "Want some?"

Steel was eyeing Helium carefully.

((sorry for not replying guys.))

Arcelia still sat facing the mouth of the cave as the nebula walked away. She was also confused by his words, but did not turn to face Icefire when she shared her confusion. She began to lay down as she noticed two more figures by the mouth of the cave. One was a little farther back, but neither looked hostile. Arcelia ignored the ripple of apprehension that caresses her body as the first dragon approached and stayed laying down. 'Hello, ' she said, 'what brings you here?' Her voice did not sound welcoming, but there was not much hostility in it either. As the second came, she said much the same thing, and upon smelling the prey on them, she relaxed as they were not there to steal food.

Helium woke up with a start, the flamethrower singing his scales. "Hey! What was that for! Also, what the heck am I doing here?!" he shouted. He stared back at the newcomer. "Who are you?" Then, he looked at the boar. "Can I have some?"

----

Icefire also stared at the two other dragons. "Yes, what are you doing here?" she asked inquisitively. She hoped that they weren't going to throw them into yet another battle.

Edited by greenglassesgal

"No way," Steel growled, grinning. Then he said," Just kidding. Of course you can have some." Steel tore off the boar's front leg, putting it in front of Helium. He already had half of the boar, anyways. "Eat as much as you want. Just share it with..this guy." Steel flicked his tail towards Shade.

Fog dipped his head. "Oh, not much." Fog eyed Tsunami. "You?"

((Ahh I don't know who's in what cave. Where's Arcelia and where is this cave?))

Shade glanced at the spitfire, not expecting an invitation. His mouth watered. "Yes, thank you." He dug his claws into what was left of the boar and ripped out a large piece, immediately biting down into the juicy meat. Delicious.

((I think it's Nyx's cave not Arcelia's... I'm not sure where is is. You'll have to ask Shur. GGG,where is Helium's cave?))

Steel flicked his tail with amusement as he sat down, enjoying the warmth of the fire and company of the dragons around him. Less lonely, that's for sure. "Well, at least Helium won't get as much. He's too fat." Steel muttered jokingly.

After gulping down his piece of what tasted like the best food ever, Shade paused and said, "Sorry. Never introduced myself. Name's Shade. And you are...?"

"I get curious. Plus, I don't have a good place to sleep like the rest 'o ya!" Aquos said, yawning.

Fog snorted. "A loner is a loner. You take your risks. At least you don't have to live as a spy after trying to find your sister who killed my parents." Fog had forgiven his sister, but that loss had always echoed in his mind.

"Steel." Steel raised his head. "I'm a loner." Steel bent his head to crunch on the bone. Then he raised his head again. "What brings you here, Shade...?"

((Sorry, Fog. *hugs*))

Aquos shrugged. "I've had my share of bad experiences," he said, lying down.

((Smiles))

Fog looked away. He wasn't about to argue, but he doubted that any dragon had such a experience as he did. "Really?Tell me."

"Well, I used to have a human friend. He took me in when my parents were killed. He helped me and fed me, taught me how to hunt as well. He gave me this chain," Aquos mentioned to the necklace he was wearing, "And said it was a good luck charm. He was like a father to me, but one day, he died and left me alone. He was killed and I, from that moment on, was alone. I had to take care f myself, so I traveled around. And so here I am," he explained.