TJ09

2012-01-23 - Chinese New Year

Give up and you will never catch any eggs. And I find people here to be very generous. I have been gifted many nice things, and have gifted others too. I think that it is not right to label everyone the same. Sometimes you get lucky and get the eggs quickly, other times you have to keep at it.

as in they have gifted you one of the new dragons or a dragon from last christmas, halloween etc

Gwai lo!

No? Okay then. XD

Huh? XD

Mine was just a random guess though. :P I remember learning that dragon/lion dances usually take place during the lunar new year and that the lions are known as guardian lions. Not sure whether that's a completely off guess since DC doesn't really have any really 'cultural' dragons for obvious reasons (in terms of names).

EDIT: Typo'd.

Edited by Varekis

Is anyone else's page white, with only the text? Or is it just my computer?

Has happened quite a bit for me. Has made catching eggs near impossible as it flips back and forth.

Alpine. And I do beleave that gold will be rare.... So its another dragon manny wil hoard and none will share.

Y'know, this statement, every time I hear it (always during a new release), really annoys. This is one of the few games that people can play for free and if one knows where to look, can find another willing to gift them an egg. Yes, it may not be CB, but if you want one of those on the newer drops, well, you need patience and realize that TJ is trying to take care of everyone, not just an individual or two.

There CAN"T be any hoarding of eggs without limits (like the holidays, and even that can't happen, since one is only allowed to have 2, anyway). No one can have more than 7 eggs at a time in this game, even if they've been around since the dark ages of it, except TJ. Either go find a gifting thread, or get busy and wait for that egg you want. You will get one. You (collective) could have spent the time you were complaining watching for a 5-minute drop, or you can find something to do while waiting for the hour drop, and plan your strategy for catching.

Golds and silvers only drop so often, anyway, unlike blacks which show up on the hours drops. Since we got the biomes, I have seen at least 2 CB golds (missed 'em both!) and several CB silvers, but not near as often as I've seen other nice things I wanted too. That's why they're rare.

People who catch the CB silvers and golds and blacks now aren't hoarding, they're just fast clickers or they happened to be the one who clicked just at the right moment (harder when everyone is after that egg because it IS rare). Try raising a few hatchies and watch the trade threads. I've found some very generous people who want very little in return for their shinies but a few little dragons in return and some GRATITUDE and willingness to pass on the kindness. Accusing them of hoarding, just because they're faster or have better internet connections won't get you a rare shiny any quicker. In fact, it will probably get you put last on the list.

/wall of text spew

Huh? xd.png

Mine was just a random guess though. tongue.gif I remember learning that dance/lion dances usually take place during the lunar new year and that the lions are known as guardian lions. Not sure whether that's a completely off guess since DC doesn't really have any really 'cultural' dragons for obvious reasons (in terms of names).

'Gwai Lo' is a Chinese term for a foreigner--roughly equivalent of 'gaijin,' if you're a manga/anime fan. I know that won't be the name, but the idea just tickled me. smile.gif

Plus if anybody does guess right, a mod will edit it out, to maintain the surprise.

Hm, now I am tempted to go back and edit out all names to start the conspiracies. ;P

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

as in they have gifted you one of the new dragons or a dragon from last christmas, halloween etc

I have been gifted true rares, a gold and silver. And yes holidays too. I have gifted out as well. I was surprised how many people are willing to help others.

My friend was able to catch one of each eggs for me last night (actually it was around 3am) after I gave up. She has some ninja catching skills cuz my comp is SLOW. I'm going to try for another gold later but I'm not going to hold my breath.

Now I just have to breed some tinsels for an exchange. Tinsels are NOT cooperating today. @_@

I have been gifted true rares, a gold and silver. And yes holidays too. I have gifted out as well. I was surprised how many people are willing to help others.

wow, i wish i had your luck smile.gif

ACK! My screen has gone text only again. Is this a dragcave problem or a my computer can't load with lots of people in alpine problem? I'm a technical noob/newb (whichever means having less knowledge of technology).

I've found some very generous people who want very little in return for their shinies but a few little dragons in return and some GRATITUDE and willingness to pass on the kindness.    Accusing them of hoarding, just because they're faster or have better internet connections won't get you a rare shiny any quicker.  In fact, it will probably get you put last on the list.

Very well said, much better then I could have put it.

Edit to add

greasalotle124, it is not really luck. I have joined some gifting groups and stated in my sig what I was looking for. I have been playing for around two years and just over christmas got gifted my first silver and gold dragons. I also posted on the wish list thread. Become active, it helps.

Edited by annageckos

Has happened quite a bit for me. Has made catching eggs near impossible as it flips back and forth.

Oh yeah, that sure sounds familiar - you want to click on something, but it's on the other part of the screen. It remind me of an old Nintendo duck hunting game I had waaay back. tongue.gif

I actually SAW eggs on the 5min mark! tongue.gif

Managed to find 2 Moons since last night. *impatiently waits for hour to end* It also seems as if the crowd hasn't slept/eaten since. xd.png

Y'know, this statement, every time I hear it (always during a new release), really annoys. This is one of the few games that people can play for free and if one knows where to look, can find another willing to gift them an egg. Yes, it may not be CB, but if you want one of those on the newer drops, well, you need patience and realize that TJ is trying to take care of everyone, not just an individual or two.

There CAN"T be any hoarding of eggs without limits (like the holidays, and even that can't happen, since one is only allowed to have 2, anyway). No one can have more than 7 eggs at a time in this game, even if they've been around since the dark ages of it, except TJ. Either go find a gifting thread, or get busy and wait for that egg you want. You will get one. You (collective) could have spent the time you were complaining watching for a 5-minute drop, or you can find something to do while waiting for the hour drop, and plan your strategy for catching.

Golds and silvers only drop so often, anyway, unlike blacks which show up on the hours drops. Since we got the biomes, I have seen at least 2 CB golds (missed 'em both!) and several CB silvers, but not near as often as I've seen other nice things I wanted too. That's why they're rare.

People who catch the CB silvers and golds and blacks now aren't hoarding, they're just fast clickers or they happened to be the one who clicked just at the right moment (harder when everyone is after that egg because it IS rare). Try raising a few hatchies and watch the trade threads. I've found some very generous people who want very little in return for their shinies but a few little dragons in return and some GRATITUDE and willingness to pass on the kindness. Accusing them of hoarding, just because they're faster or have better internet connections won't get you a rare shiny any quicker. In fact, it will probably get you put last on the list.

/wall of text spew

my friends are begging me to gift them one and i said ill breed you one and shes like nooo i want a cb! and shes the one always getting rares and when i try and ask for one shes like ah you go find one yourself this one is mine.

ACK! My screen has gone text only again. Is this a dragcave problem or a my computer can't load with lots of people in alpine problem? I'm a technical noob/newb (whichever means having less knowledge of technology).

Have you disabled the images while hunting? I've found that if you do that, the page does occasionally jump and wind up text only. (You still see the eggs as text links, it's just impossible to move your mouse fast enough to grab them until you refresh the page again)

At the end of the day I got 3 moonlight eggs and 2 gold eggs, and for the first time (I think) I reached my 18 eggs/hatchlings limit. I wish I had more room, because I would really like a third gold egg before those eggs become rare.

Anyway, we don't know if those are the only 2 new eggs. For some reason I got a feeling that breeding those 2 new dragons would produce a new type of dragon. I guess only time will tell.

Edited by smalul

Are the new eggs dropping every hour?

Yes.

On my laptop I was also having the text only problem, but I switched computers and now it is fine.

I managed to grab myself one of each of the eggs. biggrin.gif Can't wait to see what they grow into!

I actually SAW eggs on the 5min mark! tongue.gif

Managed to find 2 Moons since last night. *impatiently waits for hour to end* It also seems as if the crowd hasn't slept/eaten since. xd.png

Sleep is for the weak. Eating, too, apparently. ninja.gif

Nah, it's mostly the timezones. x)

At the end of the day I got 3 moonlight eggs and 2 gold eggs, and for the first time (I think) I reached my 18 eggs/hatchlings limit. I wish I had more room, because I would really like a third gold egg before those eggs become rare.

Anyway, we don't know if those are the only 2 new eggs. For some reason I got a feeling that breeding those 2 new dragons would produce a third type of dragon. I guess only time will tell.

atleast you have some

Are the new eggs dropping every hour?

Every hour and apparently every 5 minutes too, though it's probably harder to find those smaller drops. Only in the Alpine biome though.

wow, i wish i had your luck smile.gif

Jumping in here, sorry - you could post your wishlist in the wishlist thread or sign up for one of the gifting threads. People here are really generous. I've gifted and been gifted rares also - but it helps if people know what you are looking for. smile.gif

Back on topic - I keep racking my brains to guess the names of the new dragons and I can't think of anything except Happy New Year Dragon which doesn't work. sleep.gif I'm terrible at guessing names though.

I wonder whether they will have wings or not - do some Chinese dragons not have wings? I love the designs, but I can't remember about the wings...I think some of them fly without wings? *feels dumb*

yay 8 minutes until the next egg drop

*starts preparing for frantic clicking* xd.png