DarkEternity

Holiday dragons produce at least one egg in season

how about having a second day to produce offspring as well, since we are talking about making more hollies for everyone o3o

yes, i am still on that kick >_>;; hey i know it's slightly selfish on my part but think about all the other people who will get a holly THIS year if everyone else breeds their holly twice! biggrin.gif Especially with at least 1 egg guaranteed for each breeding! :3

how about having a second day to produce offspring as well, since we are talking about making more hollies for everyone o3o

yes, i am still on that kick >_>;; hey i know it's slightly selfish on my part but think about all the other people who will get a holly THIS year if everyone else breeds their holly twice! biggrin.gif Especially with at least 1 egg guaranteed for each breeding! :3

If TJ wanted to do that, he would have done when it was suggested before.

I really don't see it happening. And I really think it will all work out OK.

If TJ wanted to do that, he would have done when it was suggested before.

I really don't see it happening. And I really think it will all work out OK.

same could be said for the premise of this thread.

it's just a suggestion. o3o

after all, last year a lot of people asked for leniency when all those ribbons died and everyone screamed "NO! TJ would never do that because we asked him before and he didn't do it!" and he was kind enough to do it.

it never hurts to ask, especially if you say please. smile.gif

Pleaaaaaaase, TJaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay? *puts on adorable puppy face and eyes widen to extreme anime-like proportions*

I'd be devastated next year if my Ribbon Dancer, Yulebucks, or Snow Angel didn't produce any eggs and I'd have to let down the people I promised their eggs to. And if I actually manage to get a Holly and it produces nothing next year, I'd probably flip out. And if the people who were nice enough to promise a trade/gift to me for the Holidays didn't even get any eggs produced...! Then I'd have to go rushing about offering ridiculous amounts of eggs to get just one Holiday egg, and supposing I didn't get any offers and couldn't catch anything off the AP, I wouldn't have any of that breed to give to people next year!

I may be overreacting, but that's what I imagine in my mind to be a critical situation, and there's a possibility that it may happen. D:

Perhaps this could be extended to Valentines Day dragons, too. But not Halloween. Because people can hoard Halloweens, and if they had ten Black Marrows and they bred them, it's highly likely that at least one egg would be produced.

Of course, maybe that has been implied already that Valentines Day could be included too, but I don't think it has, so there. I wouldn't mind it only applying to Christmas, though.

Anyway, that's my long post regarding why Holiday dragons should all produce eggs in season.

I don't want getcode to be reinstated because I don't want to catch a holly intended for someone else. Teleport means never having to say "I'm sorry, but I caught it and I want to keep it" or "I know it was intended to go to you, I'll give it back."

I am for hollies producing at least one egg, and even more for seeing them produce at least two.

I support this! I think it would be incredibly disappointing if you had an IOU to give/receive and then the dragon didn't produce any eggs. So I really hope that they are guaranteed to produce at least one egg this year. Fingers crossed TJ makes this happen! biggrin.gif

I support this! I think it would be incredibly disappointing if you had an IOU to give/receive and then the dragon didn't produce any eggs.

That is my biggest fear. Again, I know those are the risks with IOUs, but it would be so nice not having to worry seeing that some people are really looking forward to these anticipated gifts.

Please, TJ, at least one egg from each Holiday bred in Season, by disabling no interest/no egg results along with the refusal function?

It IS Christmas, the Season of Giving, after all - not the Season of Disappointment.

You know I really would like to know what percentage of users actually have Hollies o.0

I myself have two.

One was a gift from a very special friend of mine and the other was a trade. (Please DO NOT pm me about them. Their eggs for this year already have been iou'ed out.)

I'm just curious to know how big the breeding pool of them is. Someone should make a poll xd.png

It IS Christmas, the Season of Giving, after all - not the Season of Disappointment.

Me gusta this idea, for this reason.

You know I really would like to know what percentage of users actually have Hollies o.0

I myself have two.

One was a gift from a very special friend of mine and the other was a trade. (Please DO NOT pm me about them. Their eggs for this year already have been iou'ed out.)

I'm just curious to know how big the breeding pool of them is. Someone should make a poll xd.png

Created a poll in SD.

I would also like to request that getcodes be reinstated for the Christmas breeding season.  I have a list of people who've been waiting for my Holly's eggs literally for years.  Knowing that all but one of them will have to take their chances on the AP makes me very sad.  Certainly I can let them know when I'm about to drop the eggs, but it was hard enough for the recipients to grab them before, WITH the getcodes for their eggs.  (And no, I'm not asking because I might not get something I've been promised in trade.  As everyone who's gotten an egg from me knows, I ask for nothing in return.  It's a gift, plain and simple.  I just want the best possible chance for these people to get their eggs!)

Excuse my harshness but... HELL NO!

For once people, who have been around for a good while and still don't have Holly are getting atleast a chance to see them in AP. Big list or no, I don't give a damn about it. All I hoped for the past two years for atleast a chance to see them in AP, and maybe even manage to catch one. I've always found it selfish to go and control where every single "my little Holly's precious eggs" go to. Now on this year, finally people have FAIR chance to see and probably even catch one. And your kind of breeders won't spoil it. For once, be FAIR.

If they still want those Hollies... they can stalk the AP just like the rest of us. I don't give a damn where that one Holly goes from your batch, but the rest of them will go to AP without getcode implemented for Christmas. Just like they should have for past 3 years too.

Yeah, no getcode, please. I have 2 cb Yules and I'm giving away one baby from each, but I'm fine with the others going to the AP. Why shouldn't newbies and people who don't have connections have a chance to catch them just like everyone else?

so is it really possible for holiday dragons when in their breeding season not give out any eggs at all? if so then yeah i think that should be removed

i think holiday dragons should produce a clutch of 4 eggs at minimum in their season

No - I don't think I've even known them not produce at all. But I can't buy into any minimum number of eggs. The AP is always full to bursting with them as it is. Other eggs die at the back of the queue.

As far as I know, this feature has been implemented years ago. (As an aside - I do remember a time when holidays could produce no eggs during their season. I've had it happen to me.)