DarkEternity

Holiday dragons produce at least one egg in season

I don't think there's any logical reason for it to be so complicated. Holidays have limits and multi-clutches, and are special in that way, so why not help that special-ness along by disabling the no-egg chance? It doesn't have to be that complicated or long.

I don't think there's any logical reason for it to be so complicated. Holidays have limits and multi-clutches, and are special in that way, so why not help that special-ness along by disabling the no-egg chance? It doesn't have to be that complicated or long.

*applauds*

Exactly!

SUPPORT. SUPPORT, SUPPORT, SUPPORT!

I had no idea that there was even a no egg chance. I mean, with people like me who only collect one of each dragon/people who can only get one Holiday...well...it'd probably be a big letdown not to get any eggs. D: And plus, it'd be awful if, say, you offered a Christmas IOU for a Valentine dragon, got the dragon, and even if you had two...BOTH Christmases you owened produced no eggs! ohmy.gif

YES! If TJ decides to do this, then I might have a chance of getting a Holly, then I can breed it next year and get more eggs into the AP for newbies to catch. I have trouble catching stuff, mostly because I don't like to sit around, and don't have a big enough attention span to go to a gifting thread enough to get something, but I want to throw Holidays into the AP for newbies or people that want one but haven't been able to catch one next year.

Christmas is about giving, but it's hard to give dragons when you don't have the dragons to breed. I want to give Hollies next year, but I won't be able to do that if I don't get any this year, or if I can't get an egg to throw into the AP next year. And I can only see pros in making Holidays more common. It'll help spread the love. smile.gif

^ What she said.

I also would like to see ALL the holiday dragons produce AT LEAST one egg during holiday breeding times. I'm fortunate in that my Holly has always bred 3-4 eggs, but I did see posts from people last year whose Hollies bred 0 eggs - what a crushing disappointment that must have been, for them and for the people waiting for those eggs!

One of my other Christmas dragons also produced no eggs, which was awful, but I least I didn't have a waiting list for those.

I would also like to request that getcodes be reinstated for the Christmas breeding season. I have a list of people who've been waiting for my Holly's eggs literally for years. Knowing that all but one of them will have to take their chances on the AP makes me very sad. Certainly I can let them know when I'm about to drop the eggs, but it was hard enough for the recipients to grab them before, WITH the getcodes for their eggs. (And no, I'm not asking because I might not get something I've been promised in trade. As everyone who's gotten an egg from me knows, I ask for nothing in return. It's a gift, plain and simple. I just want the best possible chance for these people to get their eggs!)

And I hope I don't have to add this, but it seems to happen every year: PLEASE don't ask me for a Holly egg! As I mentioned, my list is long and people have been on it for YEARS.

I would also like to request that getcodes be reinstated for the Christmas breeding season.  I have a list of people who've been waiting for my Holly's eggs literally for years.  Knowing that all but one of them will have to take their chances on the AP makes me very sad.  Certainly I can let them know when I'm about to drop the eggs, but it was hard enough for the recipients to grab them before, WITH the getcodes for their eggs.  (And no, I'm not asking because I might not get something I've been promised in trade.  As everyone who's gotten an egg from me knows, I ask for nothing in return.  It's a gift, plain and simple.  I just want the best possible chance for these people to get their eggs!)

Yes to this! During the halloween event, I dropped all of the eggs from one of my marrow in hopes of making some people happy. Guess what? I check to see who caught them to find someone killed one of them. The same thing happed to a 2nd gen yule I bred last year. If I had a holly, I would want to make sure it's eggs went to someone who wanted them.

I would also like to request that getcodes be reinstated for the Christmas breeding season.  I have a list of people who've been waiting for my Holly's eggs literally for years.  Knowing that all but one of them will have to take their chances on the AP makes me very sad.  Certainly I can let them know when I'm about to drop the eggs, but it was hard enough for the recipients to grab them before, WITH the getcodes for their eggs.  (And no, I'm not asking because I might not get something I've been promised in trade.  As everyone who's gotten an egg from me knows, I ask for nothing in return.  It's a gift, plain and simple.  I just want the best possible chance for these people to get their eggs!)

And I hope I don't have to add this, but it seems to happen every year: PLEASE don't ask me for a Holly egg!  As I mentioned, my list is long and people have been on it for YEARS.

You do realize that the rules have always stated that you are only allowed to control one egg from a multi-clutch..even when get codes were still in effect. It is your responsibility to not actually promise more eggs than you legally could. Bringing back get codes will only bring us back to the original problem of people trying to control more than their legal one egg thereby severely reducing chances for people in the AP of getting anything at all.

Yes to this! During the halloween event, I dropped all of the eggs from one of my marrow in hopes of making some people happy. Guess what? I check to see who caught them to find someone killed one of them. The same thing happed to a 2nd gen yule I bred last year. If I had a holly, I would want to make sure it's eggs went to someone who wanted them.

But what about those that want them but don't have the connection? For those with Hollies, controlling where most/all the eggs go does seem to limit what is available for those that stalk the AP. I know several people stalked the AP in previous years hoping like crazy for a Holly, but never caught one.

I know it can be sad when an egg is killed (on purpose or due to sickness), but I also find it sad when people lose the chance to get one before they even had a real chance. I hunted as much as I could last Christmas, but I never saw a Holly, and I am sure others had the same bad luck. I do understand about promises, I really do. Still, while I do support Holiday dragons producing at least one of their kind during their season, I just don't like the idea of "get code" coming back for any holiday.

I support this.

Last year I saw a person having IOU'd a holly and this one produced nothing. That's really disappointing if there's only one chance for offspring and this one fails. I'd only like this for Hollies, though, as Snowangels and Yules flooded the AP last year and they were often gifted/announced. So these shouldn't be included in this. I think once a year it's ok, and as Christmas is giving time, I'd really love to see this being implemented.

I had heard about the no refusals thing, and I thought that applied to all no egg messages. I made several trades for Christmas IOUs, and thought as long as the person is trustworthy I had nothing to worry about. I would be so upset to find out I have to wait another year to try again. Because you only get 2, I wanted specific ones. I can catch off the AP, but the likelihood that I could catch exactly what I wanted, or even something nice enough to trade for them, is pretty low.

So yeah, I fully support all holiday dragons producing at least one offspring. Since the breeder only has control over one egg, it doesn't need to be guaranteed to get a multi-clutch, although it would be great for hollies.

I would also like to request that getcodes be reinstated for the Christmas breeding season. I have a list of people who've been waiting for my Holly's eggs literally for years. Knowing that all but one of them will have to take their chances on the AP makes me very sad. Certainly I can let them know when I'm about to drop the eggs, but it was hard enough for the recipients to grab them before, WITH the getcodes for their eggs. (And no, I'm not asking because I might not get something I've been promised in trade. As everyone who's gotten an egg from me knows, I ask for nothing in return. It's a gift, plain and simple. I just want the best possible chance for these people to get their eggs!)

Support the thread, don't support this. My friend refuses to use the forums for a very good reason and would not get ANY chance at Hollies if this were implemented.

I have learned of a time when breeders would flood the AP with ugly stuff so that their 'nice eggs would not go to undeserving people.' (Basically, they'd flood the AP, breed their Holly and send its eggs to AP limbo, get the codes for the eggs, and give them to others.) Let's just state it was a very ugly time in DC history, from what I've learned.

I had heard about the no refusals thing, and I thought that applied to all no egg messages.

"No refusals" is not the same thing as "no eggs". Two very different things. Turning off refusals only affects the ability for 2 non-compatible dragons to breed with each other. It doesn't not affect egg output.

A lot of people don't always "test breed" their holiday's in advance with the mate they have chosen so the chance for a refusal to happen on the one day of the year they could get a holiday egg is a very real risk for these first time pairings.

Turning off refusals for the holiday season means that 2 dragons (one being a holiday and one being something else) that potentially could absolutely hate each other on their very first breeding attempt have the opportunity to like each other just "enough" to breed that one time out of the year. You will always know on future breedings of that pair if they really liked each other or not (if they were destined to be a refused pair, they will not show up on each others list after that 1st time holiday breeding).

I would also like to request that getcodes be reinstated for the Christmas breeding season. I have a list of people who've been waiting for my Holly's eggs literally for years. Knowing that all but one of them will have to take their chances on the AP makes me very sad. Certainly I can let them know when I'm about to drop the eggs, but it was hard enough for the recipients to grab them before, WITH the getcodes for their eggs.

NO.

I am with stogucheme on this. Being able to teleport one egg is quite enough. And that is safer than the free for all with the codes....

We were never *supposed* to be able to use the getcode like that. That was a loophole that users saw and took advantage of. TJ *never* intended it to be used for trading.

It would be rather unfair, imo, to have the getcode-way be reinstated for holidays.... That would mean that people like me, who have no one to trade/teleport with, would be at a *serious* disadvantage when we sit madly refreshing the AP. I mean, we already have to fight against 900+ other user's reflexes, is it really fair that we have to fight against getcode-users as well? When you abandon an egg, you abandon it *to die*, as the message states. You shouldn't be able to control who it goes to. Even, maybe especially, for holidays.

So much support. That way us newcomer IOU-ees woulnd't be disappointed if the dragons didn't produce our promised Holiday eggs.

I don't think that the get code page should be used. Let's make it fair for the people without hollies!! (And yes, I have a holly)

I agree with the no refusal idea. I want to breed my 2nd gen holly with a 2 gen marrow X holly and I can't breed them together now because they'd refuse. But I really don't want to get an X-Mas refusal.

I have learned of a time when breeders would flood the AP with ugly stuff so that their 'nice eggs would not go to undeserving people.' (Basically, they'd flood the AP, breed their Holly and send its eggs to AP limbo, get the codes for the eggs, and give them to others.) Let's just state it was a very ugly time in DC history, from what I've learned.

I have been on the site a long time, though not as long as some, and vaguely remember this. *cracks knuckles* It's easy when you have 500 dragons. no its not u_u Very ugly? Erm, don't know if I'd say that. It was simply an accepted trading tactic at the time. Even then trades sometimes went astray. "getcode" trading was not easy.

More so than intentional flooding I remember that every holiday release event got a flood when everyone dumped their eggs/hatchlings/rares/everything in hopes of snagging a bred special egg from the AP. (Wait! That still happens tongue.gif .) It created such a backlog that the freshly bred eggs were sitting for hours sometimes unseen. At that point the "getcode" function was useful because people who were bad at AP hunting could get an egg. My first year breeding yules I supplied backlog "getcode"s from my breedings to newbies and greatly enjoyed basking in their joy at snagging such a prize (Although whoever did this I have a bone to pick with you dry.gif ).

Should "getcode" be put back into place? No. Several very good reasons have been stated as to why that function is a bad idea. I too would like an elusive holly and saw none last year, though I heard of people seeing them even as I refreshed."getcode" would indeed make the chances of AP hunters slim to none.

Then we'll be back to all those conspiracies that silver/gold/holly/special release dragons are only for exclusive circles of users *shifty eyes*

Edited by Draketeeth

(Although whoever did this I have a bone to pick with you dry.gif ).

Burned scroll ?

I do have 1 idea that only TJ can do.

What if he bred all the Hollies in the Wild and on inactive scrolls? With the idea of the guaranteed eggs idea of course. I figured it would pass out more Hollies than before. But like i said it was only an idea.

I do have 1 idea that only TJ can do.

What if he bred all the Hollies in the Wild and on inactive scrolls? With the idea of the guaranteed eggs idea of course. I figured it would pass out more Hollies than before. But like i said it was only an idea.

He does occasionally breed dragons from the wild - but I would NOT be OK with breeding from inactive scrolls - those players could come back and not be pleased that breeding had happened without their consent.

Edited by fuzzbucket

He does occasionally breed dragons from the wild - but I would NOT be OK with breeding from inactive scrolls - those players could come back and not be pleased that breeding had happened without their consent.

Especially if they came back on...the 29th (if the holiday week ends the 28th) and wanted to breed their Holly to their Stripe to get a Stripe and had to wait a week because all Hollies on inactive scrolls were bred the 28th at 11:59 PM.

-written this way to prevent 'but what if they're bred the last possible second!!!' remarks-

I agree, i've been on this site less than a week(being a new member and all) and i've seen some beatuiful holiday dragons that i've missed out on- ones that i wish i had. I've just learned today that they can't breed, so i guess i've got some info on them, it's useless however until the newest holiday dragon arrives. So i now know what not to try unless something changes.

Anyways, now i can only say: "I wish i had made a DC account years ago."

I agree, i've been on this site less than a week(being a new member and all) and i've seen some beatuiful holiday dragons that i've missed out on- ones that i wish i had. I've just learned today that they can't breed, so i guess i've got some info on them, it's useless however until the newest holiday dragon arrives. So i now know what not to try unless something changes.

Anyways, now i can only say: "I wish i had made a DC account years ago."

They can all breed in their own season - you may well find some on the AP - Christmas ones over Christmas, Valentine's at Valentine's and Hallowe'ens at Hallowe'en.

Except vampires - those have to be BITTEN biggrin.gif