Fortune86

Fell Haven 2

Moonshine paused and closed her book for the moment.

“Partially” she responded, putting her book away and glancing toward the exit. She stood up and picked up her bag.

“Come, there’s something I want to show you.” She began heading outside and paused at the sight of Moria and Melodee with a stranger.

“Tegan, who is that?” she glanced back at him and waited for an answer.

Tegan chuckled. "Aren't you watching TV? That's Eli the big, bad nekromant everyone is afraid of. Personally I'd have pegged him more for a goody two shoes instead of a villain waiting for his chance to pounce. What I get from him were mostly hurt feelings, quiet dignity and what I'll describe for lack of better word as goodwill. He is investigating the murders."

He waved and raised his voice so it would carry over the distance. "Hi Eli!"

((If you are unhappy with the emotions l've contributed to Eli let me know and I'll edit))

Edited by Laura-Lana

Moonshine blinked, remembering where she had seen him.

“Ah! So he’s investigating the murders… Should I show him the papers I showed you?” She pulled them out and held them toward Tegan. She shrugged with the simple ‘up to you’ in her action.

"That would be helpful. He might spot that other connection we haven't found yet. Not to mention he's on that list himself. He might want to take whatever precautions come to mind to protect himself."

Tegan felt decidedly uneasy that he appeared on Moonshine's list too. Probably because he wasn't sure there were any precautions that would help him against that murderer.

Moonshine’s face change for a split second to show open concern before it returned to her normal serious face.

“Got it, I’ll go take them over.” She turned and walked over to Eli and held out the first slip of paper.

“I am Moonshine, a…friend of Tegan. I’ve notice a connection between the murders recently. You’re on the case right? You’ve probably already noticed it but here is the list of the supers who have appeared on TV. The crossed out names are recent murders broadcasted on the TV.” She held out the second piece of paper.

“I don’t have access to al the names, and of course some of these have no relation and are probably from unrelated causes but here is the list of names of supers who have recently died.” She held them out, and then glanced back to Tegan to see if he had followed.

Melodee maintained a swaying motion, leaning forward then back. Moira and Eli seemed to be talking about something she knew nothing of. She listened curiously, but didn't interrupt. She'd just ask Moira about it when they left.

((Sorry for my absence guys. I haven't been feeling well lately.))

Eli barely blinked in Moira's response that she was mentally unbalanced. In comparision to some people he'd met, she seemed fairly sane.

"I believe that all of the supers that have been murdered have all been on TV lately. I think that's how he or she is picking their targets. This televised funeral of Samantha's, did they mention anything about Tegan or was he just seen in the background or something?"

Speaking of Tegan Eli then heard his voice call over to him. He turned around to see him talking with a young girl. Moments later the girl approached him and introduced herself before giving him a piece of paper with a long list of names on it. She explained that there were supers who had appeared on TV. Apparently he wasn't the only one doing some unofficial investigating.

"Thank you" he said taking the list for a better look.

((*hands you hot chocolate* Me wants my Fortune to feel happy again!!!))

There was neither shock nor worry on Moira's face, but she listend intendly both to Eli and Moonshine.

"He said a few words." Moira repeated, when Eli asked how much of Tegan had been seen. She had her problems with emotions but her memory worked fairly well so after a short pause she quoted. "The loss of Samantha is a great tragedy. I am mourning today not just my mentor but a woman, who made this world a brighter place for everyone."

Tegan pushed a strand of hair out of his face, his eyes unhappy.

"I do remember that. I had considered to add that I was hoping to prove worthy to follow in her footsteps, but Professor Airth was there two and I did not want to provoke her into telling the reporters her opinion of me. I hadn't expected the reporter would use it anyway. It's not as if I said more than the expected, but apparently the reporter thought I had hit the right mood.

Looks like it would have been better if I had refused to say anything at all. Well there is a bright side. Professor Airth said a few words too. Basically that she and the supers she was training at the academy would do their uttermost to catch the killer."

((In case you don't know who I am talking about ... Professor Airth is the head of the Department of Supernatural Research. And yes, she's a super herself. She's a mindreader which is the reason she dislikes Tegan and vice versa. You can read about her in the description of the academy. ))

Edited by Laura-Lana

((*noms chocolate* Thankies happy.gif))

"So nothing was said on air about your powers?" asked Eli. "That's good. Hopefully that means if the killer watched the funeral then they don't know about you and may think you are just a regular student. I worry about your class mates though."

Eli turned to look at the large building near by. Everyone knew that supers studied there, so it would be a good place to find victims, especially as this Professor Airth had mentioned that those there would be working on catching the killer.

Moonshine mused for a few moments.

"So who are you planning to interview next?" she asked.

(Scuse short post.)

Edited by warewolves

((I'm going to wait for Laura and see if she has anything she wants to ask/ad before replying.))

((I have nothing to add but since you waited three days to say you are waiting for me I'll reward that by trying to fill four sentences with something))

Tegan sighed. "Nice to think I am safe but I don't buy it. What if the killer realizes that Samantha is more likely to mentor a super than a normal boy? Or if he does a minimum of research about me? It's no secret that I am a super. In fact if he goes half a year back or so there was an interview that clearly mentioned I am a super. The first Larksong on Amigne Academy with superpowers. On a different note... don't you think he's more likely to go after Professor Airth herself than after her students? Not everyone who studies paranormal powers has them."

Edited by Laura-Lana

((Sorry Laura. I'm going to blame this lingering cold of mine for my RP lethargy.))

"He may well decide to go after all of them" said Eli. "We know so little about the killer. That his victims have all been supers who have appeared on TV lately is the only clue we have so far. I can't even say for sure if it is the whole story or not. He may have other victims we don't know about yet, who may or may not be supers."

He sighed and looked at Moonshine.

"At the moment, there is no one in particular I'm looking to talk to. I'm going to have a snoop around the TV station and see if there is anything I can pick up about the shows the victims have appeared on. It might be best if I do so in secret though. Although I am assuming that the killer picked his target by watching TV, there is nothing to say that they haven't worked on the shows depicting them."

"If we go with the theory, that the killer is going to target Professor Airth and/or one of her students next, it might be a good idea if someone took a look around there."

Tegan frowned.

"I'd volunteer, but Professor Airth is convinced I am the next supervillain in the making and has convinced the majority of her students of the same. To say I am not well liked over at prenatural research is an understatement. Cizzur, Moira and Moonshine are likely to run into the same problem, since they are known friends of mine."

Tegan grinned. "Kind of weird to say it this way around. Usually if someone objects to me it's because of the friends I have, that's the first time I know someone is going to object to my friends because of me."

(I mean the teleporting smaller things instead of just humans that she's touching.)

((I'd say there would be no problem if she teleported things she was touching... after all her clothes and everything else she holds comes with her anyway, but you've suddenly given her levitation too?))

((Moonshine teleported that knife seperately from herself. That I can't allow as there is nothing stopping her from knifing someone from half way across the city.

And unless you want to add telekinsis to Moonshine's powers, then no levitation either.))

(No she didn't levitate it, I was just going into more detail about how the teleportation works. I'll remove it if it's confusing.

And she has to be touching the knife and for now it's only small distances, see how I only demonstrated her teleporting it to the ground in front of them. She's still working on it.

Let me explain the levitation thing: When I invision Moonshine teleporting I imagine her slightly rising away from any surace she is touching so she is not teleporting that with her, like seperating herself from the world. It's not levitating enough to be called levitation, it's barely noticible. After that she teleports slightly above the ground so she doesn't get stuck in the ground when she 'lands'

I don't know how else to explain it.

Edit: And besides that to knife a person from the other side of the city she would need to know EXACTLY, as in to the micrometre, where the person was and even then it would only have one direction it could go based on gravity.

Edited by warewolves

((It's still moving seperately from her. I'm sorry ware but I'm not going to allow this one. Not even Ai could do that and teleportation was her main power until Moonshine took it as well.))

"How would she react to me?" Eli asked Tegan. "I doubt she knows that we know each other, but on the other hand..."

He trailed off, not really needing to finish his sentence. Even other supers were wary around Necromancers and it wasn't as though he had the best of reputations to begin with.

Moonshine released a mischevious smile. "I could come with you, after they met me I bet they would have bigger worries about a certain teleporter then a simple neromancer." She chuckled lightly to herself. She rubbed her hands together and grinned. "I could teleport in and say a few hello's, maybe ask them for a little cliff dive." She smiled to herself and glanced to Tegan.