Fortune86

Fell Haven 2

Melodee woke up, considerably later than she thought she'd wake. Yawning, she looked around for clues of where she was. Ah, that's right. Moira's dorm. But Moira hadn't returned. She shrugged and trudged into the kitchen. Well, Cizzur would be taking care of Moira, wherever she was. She opened the fridge and pulled out the pizza from the day before. She sat at the table and munched on a cold slice, trying to figure out what to do.

Someone was knocking on the door insistently and woke Cizzur up. Moira was already awake and trying to create a breakfirst for them, with the half stale bread and the kettle that was a bit leaky. At least the stove worked... today.

Clad in nothing but the boxershorts he had worn for sleeping Cizzur opened the door. He stared at the two who stood in front of it, eyes wide. Then he slammed the door shut again so the frame rattled.

"Unwelcome visitors?"

"That's an understatement."

He cursed as the knocking on the door resumed.

"I could kill them for you.", Moira offered.

Cizzur gave her a loving smile. His Moira-doll kept saying things like these and he suspected she even meant them, despite the fact that she was so delicate and frail and had no aggressivity. Sometimes he wished she was a tiny bit more combative. Moira never defended herself when she was bullied and had gotten hurt more than once because of that.

"Nah. No murder, remember. All other mischief I am game for but that's the one line I won't cross." He answered as if he was taking her seriously. It wasn't Moira's fault that her perception of reality was slightly off.

The knocking on the door became louder.

Fuming, Cizzur janked the door open again and growled. "WHAT. DO. YOU. WANT. GOLIATH?!?"

His cousin ducked under his arm and slipped into the room, drawing a girl with strawberry blonde curls with him.

"Kirsten and me haven't found a place of our own yet, so we'll stay a while."

"NO!"

"Yes." Goliath informed him cheerfully. "Since Raphael was executed for failing to change his ways and the rest of your siblings is either dead or in prison you are the only family member left to me. That means it's your duty to help me."

Cizzur wished he had stayed in bed.

Edited by Laura-Lana

Moonshine teleported into the class just as the professor arrived, skimming some papers as she took a seat next to Tegan. He began the lesson, and Moonshine headed to the caferteria after she was done, and glanced up now and then from her papers to check on the people around her. She finished reading and frowned as she turned them over and stared off into the distance. These murders of the supers were getting worse, and they all seemed to have been on TV at one time. It was her luck that she watched TV too often, or she wouldn't have even noticed it. She didn't even notice when the lectures was over.

Fikel headed into his room and sat down to watch Tv. He frowned, another murdr had occured.

(deleted oocs)

Edited by warewolves

Tegan grinned as Moonshine appeared next to him and blew a kiss in her direction. For someone who kept pretending she was indifferent to him it was amazing that she had chosen the same courses as him. Tegan had trouble imagining her pursuing a political carrer. Those lectures probably bored her to death.

He, however paid attention, despite the temptation next to him. There was power to be had in gouverment and Tegan loved nothing more than power.

The lecture ended and Tegan followed Moonshine into the caffeteria. He was trying to get her attention, but Moonshine's whole attention was caught up in the paper she had with her.

He wondered where Moira and Cizzur were. Of course he didn't lack company even with Moonshine ignoring him again. Their table kept attrackting a growing flock of so-called 'friends' who kept chattering at him. Tegan didn't mind those who honestly liked him, or rather the person he pretended to be, but a good portion of them was only around because he was rich and popular enough that being seen with him was a mark in their favor. And he had to smile and pretend he didn't notice if he didn't want the mood and the emotions coming at him to take a sinister turn. It was exhausting and part of the reason he missed Moira and Cizzur. When they were around most of the others kept their distance.

Edited by Laura-Lana

(It’s not a newspaper, just paper.)

Moonshine finally noticed Tegan with a blink and raise of her head.

“Oh” she merely said, before returning to gaze at her papers for a moment. She pulled out one piece of paper which had a list of heroes that had appeared on the news recently, most of them were crossed off.

“This does not look promising” she commented. She returned to her papers, rifling through them before pushing them aside and grabbing a bite of her long forgotten sandwich. She spat it out at a nearby girl, and shuddered for a moment before pushing that aside and returning to the papers.

Edited by warewolves

The girl who had been pelted with the sandwich squeaked and fled, taking half a dozen others with her who apparently were afraid of being targeted next. Tegan took a sip from his coffee to hide his grin. Having Moonshine for company was almost as good as having Cizzur and Moira around. His mystery girl had her own way of freaking people out.

"So what is not promising?"

Edited by Laura-Lana

Melodee grabbed her key from the table and exited the room. She looked up and down the hallway before strolling outside, looking for something interesting to do. She wandered around for a bit, then found herself in the parking lot. Well... Interesting enough. She wandered around, weaving through the cars, making note of the shapes on the the licence plates. She made an entire circle around the large area without finding anything more interesting than the occasional picture on the plates.

Walking around, leaning over to squint at the squared letters and numbers, she didn't notice the car that was recklessly racing in her direction...

---

The parking lot was pretty much abandoned. The driver, panicked, kept driving and left the scene. He also left a young girl with a mangled left arm and a major head wound, laying unconscious on the concrete.

(Moonshine does not like people tongue.gif)

Moonshine held out the piece of paper and glanced to the people still mulling around with a fierce glare.

“I wonder if its murder if no one knows about it” she said very loud, almost admitting she was considering killing someone.

“I’m quite hungry, would any of you people like to stuck around for…lunch?” she chuckled in the normal Moonshine way. The way that made her seems overly creepy and completely serious. She wanted them gone, and she would go about it in her usual way.

“For those of you who don’t get the hint it’s simple; Go away or I will kill you” her tone held no argument and she even put one of her knives on the table for emphasis. She eyed the people and then blinked and her eyes returned to their thoughtful state as she pointed to the paper.

“I’ve started keeping track of the supers who appear on TV, a lot of them have been murdered. I think it’s some type of pattern.”

Fikel headed out of his home and down the street toward the parking lot. He didn’t notice the car speeding away as he turned into the lot and paused, shocked. He raced over to the girl and quickly assessed the damage. She had a mild concussion and a possible break in the arm. He didn’t hesitate and picked her up and rushed her back to his home. He layed her on the couch with the head elevated by a pillow and quickly pulled out a first aid kit, poking her with a needle of morphine for good measure. The first thing he did was bandage the head wound, and then he moved onto the arm. Moving it carefully he determined it was sprained, not broken and put it in a brace. He then pulled out an ice pack and put a hand towel around it and placed it on her head.

Edited by warewolves

'If she's going to hurt someone with that knife I am going to have to grant her a higher fright factor than Cizzur.' Tegan conceded silently as he watched his sort-of-girlfriend decimate the crowd around them further.

Cizzur wasn't just rude and could boast of serial killer as well as mass murderer brothers he had the tendency to beat someone up if he was given an excuse.

But then again Cizzur hadn't counted as a super. Until now at least. Tegan made a mental note to talk with his friend about how they were going to deal with his regeneration power. This could get ugly very fast.

On that note if Moonshine WAS tempted to use her knife he would have to stop her. She was a super already and things like that could put her quicker on the target list of heroes like the late Lux than she realized.

Come to think of it, her death threats alone were risky enough. She hadn't made many friends on the campus and as long as she kept pelting people with food that was unlikely to change. Of course this particular crowd would likely refrain from getting her in trouble since they knew it would anger Tegan, but if he ever indicated he was no longer interested in her or if she tried that game with the crowd that hung around professor Airth...

Not many students who visited Amigne Academy had a family who was as well connected as Tegan's, but most were wealthy and influential enough that they could do considerable harm to a young super if they were riled enough. But he had no idea how to get that into Moonshines head.

Moonshine's words brought him back to the puzzle at hand. "Do you think it's a case of jealousy then?"

He took a look at Moonshine's list.

"I had no idea Mr. Lutima was murdered." he murmured as he saw that his name was crossed out. "I've never met him, but I saw the report about him."

He studied the list further. "Lux and Samantha had a lot media attention, the others not so much. Our Eli for example has been talked about a lot more than Mr. Lutima. Of course if it is about jealousy he probably doesn't count. With all those veiled hints against necromancers half the reports style him as a villain rather than a hero. And that's a generous estimation.

Have you done the reverse? Checked if all the victims appeared on TV?"

Edited by Laura-Lana

(Come onnn, Moonshine is very cute when she's like this.)

Moonshine pulled out another piece of paper and placed it in front of Tegan.

“Not exactly, there are a few deaths that don’t match up, and there seems to be another pattern I can’t quite figure out.” She paused, and mused before sighing and shrugging.

“There was a hero that appeared recently, this one right here.” She pointed to the name of the most current killing.

“He was on the news not even that long ago and there is no reason he could be targeted other then the fact he’s a tree hugger.” She frowned and pushed her papers back into the folder, the ones she hadn’t passed to Tegan, and put them in her bag.

“You’re…Very well known…They could target you” she muttered quietly before standing up and turning to face the exit.

“I’m going to go grab a pizza” she began to walk away.

Edited by warewolves

((Either you are cute or you are scary. They don't mix well))

"That particular thought has crossed my mind a time or two myself.", Tegan muttered under his breath.

He was far from the media darling Lux or even Samantha had been, but he looked good and had a talent for showing himself of in the best possible light, both of which had brought him to the attention of the newcasters a time or two. Like that time when he had almost driven one of his ex-girlfriends to suicide. Everyone had been very impressed that he managed to get her back from the brink. Of course he had neglected to mention that he was the one responsible for getting her in such a bad shape to begin with. But that was only a newspaper article not something that had appeared on TV, had it?

His face had been in the TV though. Once because he was with Samantha, once because they had done a little piece on his family. Oh and back when his then-girlfriend Tamara had won the contest for Miss America. But not for heroics... he thought.

He looked at the list Moonshine had left him again and bit his lips together.

(But that's Moonshine.)

Moonshine came back with a pizza and took a slice for herself before motioning for Tegan to take one. She had of course used her teleportation; she was trying to cut down her public use of it.

“Tegan…If you didn’t love me would you hang out with me?” she asked suddenly, turning to glance at him before returning to her pizza slice.

“I ignore you, and treat you sometimes worse than the common populace, and yet you stay…” she paused to take a bite, munching at it and savouring the pizza.

“When did you come to think about me the way you do?” she mused silently to herself. Something was off with her today. She felt almost…frightened. It was the same feeling she had had with the echoes, but on a much lower scale. It was more worry, but something continued to nag at her. She couldn’t place a finger on it, but it was putting her usual mood off.

((pizza for breakfirst ?!?))

"If I didn't love you, I'd probably hate you, mystery girl." Tegan said after thinking a moment about the question. "Of course one might argue that hate is a form of love too. Both emotions can make one obsessed with someone else and can become strong enough to override selfpreservation."

He shook his head to decline the pizza and ate a piece of toast instead.

"It started around the time I noticed that you had finally grown up." He answered her other question. "At first I fought it. You aren't my type and you'll never be. But eventually when the emotions didn't go away... " He shrugged. "I figured that maybe my type isn't my type after all. The thing is, Moonshine, I love you. The emotion comes from me, you see? With those other girls I doubt that what I felt was from me. I am an empath and that means if someone seriously, honestly loves me, a part of me can't help to return that. Like light reflected from a mirror. It's why I try to ignore what my heart tells me most of the time. It's a traitor."

(Moonshine, remember? tongue.gif)

Moonshine chuckled slightly.

“Oh Tegan, do you really think I’ve ever truly grown up? I’m a selfish girl who rarely shows any emotion on the outside.” She smiled faintly and closed her eyes.

“You are the only person I’ve ever met I can’t lie to about my emotions. Doesn’t mean I won’t continue trying though” she chuckled once more.

“I don’t know Tegan…” she opened her eyes once more and stared at her pizza.

“You remember don’t you? The time when I asked you about how to tell if a person is cute or something along those lines? At the time I simply thought considering you were always surrounded by girls you would know something.” She paused, and laughed again.

“That was the first time I scared you when teleporting too wasn’t it?” She sighed and took another bite.

“If you didn’t love me…I would probably have no one...” she mused quietly. She paused to stand up and glare at an approaching fan girl, who slowly backed away as she sat back down. She returned to her pizza once more.

Tegan chuckled. "Far be it from me to claim you are a mature, boringly responsible person. But there is more to growing up than that you know? When you were younger you never seemed to notice that I am male. I kept thanking my lucky star that you weren't into gowns and make up. It would have been just like you to gift me a pink skirt and lipstick for my birthday."

Tegan considered that. "Well, it would still be like you, but by now you would do it to make me mad, not because you've forgotten that you shouldn't treat me like one of the girls. What I meant is there was a point were you morphed from annoying little girl to a fascinating young woman. And that was when I realized I wanted you."

He burried his face in his hands as she mentioned that first teleport. Yes, she had scared him. But it hadn't changed what he felt for her.

"What about your own fanboy?" he asked when she claimed to be alone without him. "You know that little stalker whom I would have arranged to be sent to prison or at least Alaska if it weren't for the fact that you are treating him worse then me."

Moonshine buried her head in her face and groaned loudly.

“Oh my god don’t mention him.” She paused and glanced to the sky and sighed once.

“I’ve got a request of you” she glanced to the table and picked up the blade she had left resting there and held it hilt first toward him.

“Promise me you will keep that on you at all times” she demanded in her usual fashion. She turned back to the pizza and took another slice.

“Don’t…Go anywhere okay?”

Tegan's eyes became serious as he took the blade and nodded. That she worried enough to want him armed touched him as much as the fact that she had reason to worry chilled him. He was under no illusions. No one who had been able to drop Kain and even Lux would have trouble with a young man who had to deal both with his own pain and that of his opponent in a fight.

“Don’t…Go anywhere okay?”

"What exactly do you mean with anywhere, mystery girl? I can't stay in the caffeteria forever", he said teasing, trying to lighten the mood.

The door crashed open announcing Cizzur's arrival. His large friend seemed even more angry then usual for some reason, Tegan couldn't fathom. Moira followed quietly behind.

Cizzur shoved a few people out of his way who didn't manage to get out of his reach quickly enough, grabbed two chairs and drew them to Tegan's table.

"You are in a fine mood today. What's wrong, Ciz?"

"I have a guest.", Cizzur said in a voice that spelled doom.

"And that is the end of the world, because..."

"It's my cousin."

Edited by Laura-Lana

Moonshine raised an eyebrow.

“I could take them for a few trips off a cliff if you would like Cizzur.” Her mood had instantly changed to playful and she chuckled.

“Of course, the size would depend on your personal preference. But after a few free falls and close shaves I’m sure they would reconsider” she dismissed it with a wave of her hand. She held the pizza out for them and snatched the papers from Tegan and folded them up and put them away.

“I wonder…Would you feel better with a little…rematch? I’m itching to fight you” she grinned malevolently. She nodded once at Moria in greeting and returned to looking to Cizzur.

“So, tell me about your cousin” her eyes were calculating.

Cizzur grinned nastily. "Now that is a thought to make me feel better." he said. He stole some of Moonshine's pizza and a good part of his agressive stance vanished as he relaxed."Unfortunately Goliath's power is to make himself or any part of his body as large as he want to, so I have my doubts that a cliff would really impress him. And yes, I'd love to have a rematch but my footballtraining starts in 10 minutes. Given that my playing in the team is the reason I am allowed to study here I can not really waive it. After that?"

Cizzur bit into the pizza slice he had nabbed and chewed thoughtfully.

"I believe Goliath is actually the one member in my family with the smallest criminal record. Unless you count my baby sister Magdalena, who really was a baby when the police and that special force of supers decided to deal with the Sal's once and for all. He was...8.. I think."

He took another bite of the pizza.

"One of those social workers who kept getting on my nerves when I was a bit younger told me what happened to him, sure that I was dying to know." Cizzur rolled his eyes and shot Tegan a nasty look. The social worker in question had been his cousin Finn, who never seemed to notice when he put his nose where it wasn't wanted.

"Apparently they put him into that orphanage for young supers until he was old enough that they could justify sending him to Fell Haven. Offically because of theft and vandalism. But the social worker said that it was mostly because no one wanted to deal with him. A super from a good family wouldn't have been sent there for some broken windows and a nabbed diskman. He's been there until he was 18 and now he's out and apparently doesn't really know what to do with himself. Not surprising. He has less of a brain than I do."

Cizzur sighed.

"His girlfriend is another story. I've been told she was sent to Fell Haven for murder. She can peel the skin from your body without touching you. Apparently she convinced that Miss Erion that she changed her ways or they wouldn't have let her out of there again."

Edited by Laura-Lana

Moonshine mused silently and sighed once.

“So we would need something to neutralise those two powers. I could contact that gym guy he might be able to-“she blinked and shook her head.

“Oh sorry forget what I just said. I could come over and show them a little bit of ‘hospitality’ if you want. Since cliff diving is not likely to work, I’ll just use some of my old tricks. Now this cousin of yours, and his girlfriend, what do you know about their personalities?”

"Cizzur!", Tegan hissed. "He's your cousin. And likely the only member of your family you'll ever see again. Don't you think you should find out if the two of you are compatible before you trow him to the wolves?"

"No."

"Oh come. Why don't you give it a try? Maybe the two of you have something in common."

Cizzur rolled his eyes, turned to Moonshine and whispered loudly.

"In case you haven't found it out by now. The Larksongs have this crazy notion that one takes care of family. Tegan might be rather sane in most things but when it comes to that topic he suffers from his familys insanity."

He glanced at his watch, cursed and jumped up. "Traing calls. I'll talk to you later."

Tegan just shook his head and finished his coffee.

Melodee woke slowly, blinking tiredly at the ceiling. I feel like I got hit by a car... She sat up slowly but was pushed back down by an invisible hand of pain. She groaned as she sunk her head back into the pillow. It was as if someone was trying to skewer her brain and turning it over a fire. She tried to move her left arm but it felt stiff. She turned her head slowly. A brace? Her right hand flew up to her head and found a bandage. What was going on? Come to think of it, where was she? Glancing around the room, she tried to take her bearings but only saw the unfamiliar decor of the room.

“Please stop moving, you might hurt yourself again” Fikel said as he came back with the icepack before placing it down on her head.

“You need to rest, please don’t try talking for a while you have a mild concussion. You were extremely lucky to only come off like this from a car miss.” He rummaged around his half open first aid kit and pulled out the morphine again and shook his head.

“The pain should be lessened, but I can’t give you any painkillers for another 4 hours.”

Moonshine watched Cizzur go, and returned to her pizza without another single word.

Edited by warewolves

Melodee's eyes widened as she recognized Fikel as the man who had run off with her the other night. She almost sreamed and jumped up, but her head head too much to do any such thing. He seemed all right now, though. He didn't have the crazy look in his eyes, and he was caring for her. She slumped and stared up at the ceiling, unsure if she should be relaxed or worried. She closed her eyes as she placed an icepack on her forehead. She wondered if she should contact Moira some how, but decided she could worry about that later. She opened her eyes again, watching as he rummaged through his bag then half pulled something out, something she couldn't see clearly.

“The pain should be lessened, but I can’t give you any painkillers for another 4 hours.”

"Thank you..." she whispered quietly.