Fortune86

Fell Haven 2

Moonshine felt Tegan’s cold hand on her forehead, and raised her head slightly, and opened one eye. “Water would be nice…” she replied. “I’ll be fine by morning, have your meal and then I’ll take you home. I’ll be fine until I can get home, don’t mind me.” She lowered her head and closed her eyes, she just needed some rest. After that she would be back on her feet. She had to make sure she wasn’t completely knocked out, she didn’t want her enemies to get her, or her herself to become the enemy.

"Lux has a cousin?"

Eli spoke mostly to himself than to Moira. Lux's family was most likely still be questioned by the police. As he was still a suspect, they probably wouldn't be too keen on speaking with him, no matter how friendly their friends were.

"Perhaps not today" he told Moira. "Lux only died last night. I do not wish to tread on any toes."

"No Moonshine. Today I'll take you home. No teleporting right now. I don't want you to end in a wall. I'll call us a cab."

---

"Are you going to talk with him about Samantha?"

"If you think he can help shed some light on her death, then certainly. Has he spoken to the police? I don't want to keep asking him the same questions. From what I have seen he has a full past few days."

"I think, he has. But he spoke with them about Kain too and you came to question him anyway." Moira pointed out. She had not been present for that though and neither had Cizzur so Tegan had probably failed to mention the poison incident to the police. Edited by Laura-Lana

Eli nodded.

"Okay. I'll go and see him tomorrow. I think it might be a little late in the day for interviews now."

He could see out of a window further down the hallway that it was starting to get dark. If he didn't go home soon Caim would come looking for him.

((I want to close this day down soon.))

Melodee set her food down on the table and looked concerned at Moonshine. Tegan asked her to get some water, so she ran off to get a cup. She carefully filled it with water and rushed back to the table, offering it to Moonshine. "Here..."

((Sorry, short post. I'm feeling sick today...))

(How ironic.)

Moonshine raised her head and drunk the water down. "Teleporting is like breathing for me Tegan. I can teleport when I'm half dead unless there is something blocking me. But go ahead, at the moment I'm too sick to care." She stood up slowly, making sure she wouldn't get sick, and then glanced to Tegan. "Thanks...I guess..."

Talon was having a little more trouble than he had expected in retaining controll over the cameras in the tv station. The cyborg was about to focus his full attention on the problem, when Yamaha suddenly decided to contact him. Talon's focus slipped, and his power over the cameras was lost. At the same time, the cyborg's energy rebounded across the city, causing two small blackouts and three minor car accidents.

"This had better be important" Talon growled, "I don't like being interupted"

"My apologies," Yamaha replied, "I have revived a transmission from Cyrus; apparently, the killer leaves no energy signature. The same can be said for the necromancer's servant."

"Are you suggesting...?"

"Since Caim acts on Eli's orders unless the necromancer is incapable of doing so, Eli is the most likely suspect."

"I will not have you make a fool of us," Talon retorted, "unless there is absolute proof that Eli is indeed responsible, you will do nothing. Am I understood?"

"Yes.. master"

((Sorry!!!! Hmm... I guess I am flattered. I wouldn't have thought you all felt unable to close the day without me))

"As you wish." Without another look at Melek Moira turned around and headed toward the exit.

---

"Thanks a lot Melodee" Tegan gave her the water. Then he called a taxi, brought the two girls home, threw Cizzur and Moira, who had come back, out of his apartment and called the day finished.

((Does that work? And sorry about my less than inspired post))

Edited by Laura-Lana

((I just didn't want to rob you of a chance to reply if you wanted to smile.gif))

"Goodbye."

But Moira was already walking away. He smiled and shook his head before saying goodbye to the reporter who had been so helpful and then left the buidling himself. As he walked out of the door he felt the spirit that had seized control of the cameras return to him, crawling up the back of his jacket. If people knew that he regulary carried minor ghosts around with him they would be understandably freaked out. Thankfully only other Necromancers would be able to tell.

~~~

Eli wasn't the only thing on the streets after the lamps came on. A dark shape was lying in wait, tucked up neatly behind garbage can.

((Fortune, I hereby grant you the right to take over all my characters if I am missing or if you need control of them to make a post smoother. Actually I think I've already said that earlier, but if not I do so now. I believe you'll be true to their characters, so I think I give them in captable hands.))

Tsuni packed up his store after another successful day at the shop. Ever since he had saved that building by using the earth, sales had skyrocketed. He was having to push hours longer and longer to just keep up with demand. Sighing once, he headed down the street, walking toward his car that was parked far away in the darkness lit only by the streetlamps. He pulled out his keys as he headed toward the car, his eyes focusing only ahead of him.

The man was now walking towards his car, too tired after a long day of work to keep any eye on his surroundings. The shape waited until he had passed and then began to flow across the ground after him. While Tsuni was busy putting his keys into the car lock the shadow rose from the ground into a tall three dimensional form, as black as night. Whether Tsuni would see his reflection or not it did not matter, it was too late.

The moment The Shadow had adopted his true height he lunged foward with both arms and ploughed them into the man's back, over his heart. When he pulled them out again something silvery was for a monent visable in its claws before it faded away. Task complete, The Shadow sunk back down to ground level and vanished into the normal shadows of the car, while its owner slumped to the ground.

((Okay Ware?))

((Pretty much yeah.

Until we actively start fighting against The Shadow, death scenes are going to be short and sweet.))

(BAWWWWWW!!! I'm starting the morning!)

Moonshine awoke in her room, slightly groggy and a little unsure of yesterday's events. She checked her body for any harm, and ensured she was in her home. Whatever had happened, none of her enemies had come along. She got up and dressed and looked to her calender. She wasn't known for being where she was needed, but she did have commitments some days. After ensuring she was awake and the alcahol had wornd off, she glanced to her phone to check both the time and for messages. Satisfied, she teleported out of her home and headed toward the park, via teleport of course. She would be meeting someone here. She hoped the trade went off withut a hitch.

A lone watcher crept from it's hiding place to do a quick visual scan of the street. Right away, it noticed someone laying on the ground next to what was presumably his car. The watcher moved in for a closer look, and saw that the man wasn't breathing. With an artificial sense of dread, the watcher reported its find to Yamaha.

A few minutes later, Yamaha and Cyrus were observing the scene.

"Master will want to hear about this" Cyrus stated.

"First we must report this to the police," Yamaha replied. He then pulled out his phone and dialed the station.

"It's me, Yamaha. I regret to inform you that there has been another murder..... It's Mr. Tsuni, right outside of his store..... No, no marks on the body, and I have not moved him..... Ok, I'll be waiting here."

Yamaha put his phone away, and sighed. "This needs to end soon, or everyone in my employ will want to leave the city."

Happily oblivious to the rather dire news Tegan had managed to make it on time to his first lecture today and was leaving through his notes while he was waiting for the professor to show up.

---

Moira had opted not to return home yesterday and stayed in Cizzur's room instead. She hadn't worried about Melodee. She had given the girl her spare key and money for food after all so she should be fine.

Edited by Laura-Lana

Eli gradually became aware of a weight on his chest. He opened his purple eyes to look straight into the blue ones of Simon, who was sitting on him and staring down at him intently.

"Wha?" asked Eli groggily. "How'd you get in here."

"Caim let me in. He told me to tell you he's gone to sort out the dancer."

Eli turned his head and blinked at the clock. He'd slept in again. Caim still had trouble letting go of the old 'tradition' that Necromancers should operate at night, when spirits were more active, and therefore rarely woke his master up in time to watch the morning news.

Gently pushing Simon off him and into a pre-prepared pile of cushions Eli got out of bed and stepped into the bathroom.

Fikel walked home from another satisfying lecture. He sighed happily as he walked down the street. Today everything was going right for him. He had gotten an A on the test, his car hadn’t blown up as usual, he had gotten an accounting job instead of his old one, and so far nothing had happened to make him black out. He smiled happily as he made his way toward his new job. It would be tough work but eventually he might get a high paying job where he can finally afford his own home, after he pays off his dues of course. He wasn’t a freeloader after all.

As Eli was brushing his teeth he heard Simon switch on the TV and plomp himself onto the cushions on the couch. For a while it was just the usual morning cartoons but as Eli was was getting dressed he heard a news bulletin flash up about another death.

Leaving the bathroom Eli walked up behind Simon and stared over his head at the TV. Reporters were converging around the late Tsunikama Lutima, despite the attempts of the police to keep them away. From what the reporter was saying Lutima was yet another super who had died in similar circumstances to those Eli had investigated the day before.

"What the hell is going on?" he asked himself.

Edited by Fortune86

"... and I assure you, the people of New Mansburg, that we ,the people of Yamaha Technologies Incorporated, will be focusing our full efforts on this threat to society, and bring this murderous fiend to justice, wherever he lies." Yamaha said, concluding his interview. He then walked to his Limo and gave one final wave to the crowd. Yamaha then bid the driver to take him to the library, and drove off.

One reporter was now concluding her report. "Well, you heard it here, Yamaha, A beacon of hope and progress in our city. Many will recall his generous donations of non-lethal law enforcement equipment to the NMPD over the years, and his personal overseeing of the installation of the bank's latest security system. We can surely hope to see another measure of this man's greatness sometime soon. This is reporter Stacey, singing off."

Edited by sailing101

Eli continued to stare at the tv screen even when Simon turned the channel over to search for cartoons. He was so wrapped up in his own thoughts that it took Simon reaching over the back of the couch and prodding him in the stomach to snap it out of it.

"You okay Eli?"

"Huh? Yes. Yes I'm okay."

"You going out?"

"Uh huh."

Eli started to walk towards the door but turned around and head backwards Simon.

"Are you going to stay here all day?"

"Uh huh."

"Okay."

Starting back towards the door Eli paused before walking out onto the landing and slapped his palm against the wall. When he pulled his hand away something black and sticky came away with it. He continued to pull the substance away until there was so much of it it grew heavy enough to fall to the floor. When it touched the ground it began to writhe around and adopt a new form as it grew. Eli nodded to himself and left. He didn't lock the door in case Simon changed his mind and went home. Simon watched him go and then shuffled up on the couch to make room for his 'babysitter'.