Fortune86

Fell Haven 2

(She met Klyce? Can you quote it for me?)

Fikel chuckled kindly, in the way someone gentle does.

“Why are you thanking me for? It’s only natural that I help you after you’ve been run over.” He smiled gently and walked away and came back with his mobile phone.

“Do you have anyone who would be worried if you didn’t contact them? I’d hate to nurse you back to health only to worry your family to death” he smiled gently again and chuckled. His face grew serious as he looked to her arm.

“That arm needs to be looked at by a professional once you’ve recovered a bit. I thought it would be best to fix you up before calling the ambulance considering your injuries were light. If you would rather go to a hospital that is fine, I am a stranger after all.” He motioned to the phone again and placed it next to her good arm.

“If you wish to make a call, go ahead. I’m going to make you some hot chocolate and see if we can check for brain damage. I’m sure it’s a mild concussion but better to be safe.”

((Who do you mean with Laura, Ware? Not me surely. I've never seen Cizzur in person.

*shakes head* Another proof that two people can read the same thing and come up with totally different conclusions. Those injuries didn't seem light to me at all. Good that she has regeneration powers))

Edited by Laura-Lana

Klyce grinned and said “I never to funny business.” He turned his gaze to a small girl running towards them with fear in her eyes and grinned. “Why look, it’s someone that has the same look my master always does” He gazed at her as the cuffs came ever closer, then he acted, almost without any indication. Suddenly he was behind the robot, which he attempted to kick away by kicking it in the stomach. He then laughed maniacally and dasher away. “Let’s see how long you last this time Cyrus! Maybe you’ll actually last long enough for me to grow bored eh?” He passed Melodee, attempting to grab her by the waist and carry her over his shoulder, before he continued running, taking a right at the nearest possible chance. “Come and shoot me now Cyrus!! Shoot this girl as well!!”

((Here's the part. I'll have a post up soon.))

((Who do you mean with Laura, Ware? Not me surely. I've never seen Cizzur in person.

*shakes head* Another proof that two people can read the same thing and come up with totally different conclusions. Those injuries didn't seem light to me at all. Good that she has regeneration powers))

(TEGAN!! Darn it twice in as many days.

Thanks SV

Edit: And again. THE NAME IS MOONSHINE DAMMIT!!

That's three now)

Edited by warewolves

Melodee bit her lip then shrugged a little, the best she could while still laying down. She looked over at him again as he walked back over with a phone. "I don't have any family, but I'm staying with a student over at Amigne Academy. Moira. Though I don't think she'd miss me. I don't know her number anyway." She attempted to sit up again, her head ache greatly lessened. Her regeneration must be at work. And that would mean her wrist would be healed as well. "I think I'll be fine. I won't need to see any professionals." She started unfastening the brace on her wrist.

Fikel turned and walked back with a cup of hot chocolate in his hand.

“Oh, I guess that’s fine then.” He blinked when he saw her unfastening the brace and placed the cup down and gently placed a hand on the brace.

“I-uh-um please don’t take it off miss. It’s important that you keep it on so that it heals right.” He blinked and focused on the hand in the brace.

“Wait…” he muttered, gently taking the brace off and gently pressing the skin.

“It’s just like new!” He gently put her arm down and took a step back, looking her over.

“You must be a super; no normal human would heal that quickly.” He turned away and picked up the cup and held it out for her once she sat up.

“Here, it might not be helpful but a nice hot chocolate always makes me feel better.” He handed it to her good hand and took a separate seat for himself at his small table before glancing over.

“Moria…No one I know I’m sorry. However I don’t mind giving you a lift to the university.”

Melodee smiled shyly and drew her hand away slowly. "Well, yes... It's kind of how I've survived." She unwrapped the bandage from her head and noted the blood on it, then ran her fingers over the scar which ran down the side of her forehead. "Mmm, yes, I'll be fine." She turned to Fikel with a grateful smile, taking the hot beverage. "Thanks." She took a sip from the mug and crossed her ankles. "I didn't think you'd know her." She hmm'd thoughtfully. "Though, Tegan might know where she is."

She paused before looking back to him. "This might seem like a strange question, but do you remember seeing me a couple nights ago?"

Fikel frowned and turned his head, a few nights ago? He mused for a moment thinking over the events of the last few nights. There had been no significant changes, and he hadn’t seen this girl. The only night he might have seen her was the night when he had blanked out because of some fear.

“I don’t think so…why?” he finally asked.

On his way to meet up with Caim Eli stopped at the coffee shop. As he approached the counter the boy behind it instantly left to be busy with something else in the back room, forcing his female co-worker to serve the Necromancer instead.

"Hello Eli" she said giving her customer a genuine smile. "The usual?"

"Please."

As the server grabbed a cup and began to make Eli's coffee she spoke to him over her shoulder.

"It said on the news another body had been found. How many dead supers is that now? Five?"

"Six" corrected Eli playing with a plastic spoon. "The second victim doesn't seem to be getting much attention from the media. I think people may be trying to keep a lid on details because of where he worked."

"Oh yeah...that was that Kain guy right? He was a decent guy. I wonder why someone wanted him dead."

"You know him?" asked Eli, a little surprised.

"Personally no" she said finishing his coffee and putting a lid on. She put the cup on the counter and then leaned against it. "I remember seeing him on TV a short while ago."

She looked at Eli as he continued to stare at her. After a few moments she wondered if she had said something wrong.

"Eli? You okay?"

She jumped when Eli leaned forward and smacked his head off the counter, causing a few people in the shop to try and edge away.

"I'm such an idiot" he muttered into the wooden top. "How could I have missed this?"

"Well it's not a program most people watch" said the server, not quite sure what Eli was on about. "And he wasn't on it for very lo..."

"I meant about him being on TV at all" said Eli cutting her off and standing up straight. "All of the victims have been on the TV lately. That's the connection."

"Oooohhh. Well you shouldn't blame yourself. It's not like you get to have much in the way of sleep is it?"

"Not lately no" said Eli throwing some money on the counter. "Thanks for clue and the coffee. I'll see you again tomorrow."

He nodded goodbye and quickly left, half running towards the theatre. When he was gone the male server reappeared and shuddered.

"Damn that guy is creepy. How can you serve him? I heard rumours his father's a vampire."

"And my mother is a faery" said Odette and poking her friend in the ribcage. "I'm not one to judge, am I?"

Melodee considered her options. She was pretty certain it was him... Was he lying? Or did he honestly not remember? "Well..." she began slowly. "I just... thought I recognized you. Maybe it wasn't you after all." She laughed a little. "Well, whoever it was, they helped me and almost killed me at the same time. Oh, and they told me to tell them if I survived or not." She raised her hands a little and shrugged. "Well, here I am. I suppose I'll have to find them sometime. Let them know their idea worked."

Fikel blinked in open shock.

“Almost killed you? I’m surprised you didn’t have a heart attack. I am sure I would” he shuddered. He mused for a moment and sighed once more.

“It’s best you don’t go into further detail about this person. Every person that has tried around me has…died” he sounded positively sure and disheartened at the same time. He glanced to his watch and blinked, standing up in a flustered panic as he grabbed his stuff.

“I’m late for a lecture! I’m sorry but I have to drop you off earlier than expected, you should be fine right?”

Melodee shrugged a little. "I admit, I was pretty frightened at first, but-" She blinked with surprise. "Died? I'm... I'm sorry..." She looked down at her feet, then suddenly back up as Fikel rose in panic.

“I’m late for a lecture! I’m sorry but I have to drop you off earlier than expected, you should be fine right?”

Melodee nodded. "Yes, I'll be fine. Just... drop me off where you found me. I'll be able to find my way back." She stood, ready to follow where he lead.

Fikel shook his head, showing some tiny bit of pride.

“I’m not going to drop you off in the street to get run over again. Tell me somewhere close to where you live and I’ll drop you off there” he spoke, sorting through his stuff and pulling out a card.

“Here…” his resolve faltered and he glanced downward and began stuttering.

“Er-I mean-This is my number if you ever need a hand just give me a call. My phone is always on my person, so I should answer. Well….Lets go then?” he glanced toward the door before glancing before and indicating for her to go first. He looked toward the window and sighed once more.

“This person who looks like me…Seems to get me into a lot of trouble…” he shook his head and smiled at Melodee before opening the door for her.

“I should act like a gentlemen sometimes, after you.”

Either way, do a good job and I might just give you a phone number on which to call me if you get in a jam.

The strange man's words forced itself to the forefront of her mind. She slowly extended an arm to take the card from Fikel. "Thanks... I'll keep this close." She glanced at the card, but couldn't read it. She stuck it in her back pocket and touched the wallet she had swiped from the stranger. If they were the same person, would he be missing it? She figured she would ask about it later. She smiled and nodded at Fikel, then stepped out the door, making sure the top of the wallet was hidden from sight.

(I see you noticed it tongue.gif)

Fikel walked back toward the parking lot and opened his car before motioning for Melodee to get in the passenger. Once she was inside, he would start the car.

“So where shall I take you then, to the university? You said you had some friends there; maybe they have a class today.” He smiled gently and pulled out some keys from his bag.

Melodee nodded. "Yeah, the university is good. I'll just... Oh, I donno. Find Moira or Tegan. Maybe Moonshine." She shrugged. "Yeah. Just over there. I'll find my way around." She sat quietly for a moment, then turned to Fikel. "I never caught your name."

Fikel started the car and drove to the university.

“I’m Fikel, and you are…?” he paused as he parked the car and hopped out. He locked it when Melodee got out.

“You could try the cafeteria, some early classes would be done by now and they might be in there.”

He paused, “Do you want me to come with you?”

Melodee smiled. "I'm Melodee." She hopped out the car and gazed at the building. Where would be the best place to start?

“You could try the cafeteria, some early classes would be done by now and they might be in there.”

She nodded. "Mmmm. That's a good idea."

“Do you want me to come with you?”

She looked back at him. "You can if you want. But I'd hate to make you later to your class than you already are..."

(I've manages to continue the 5 sentencs xd.png I amaze myself)

Fikel smiled gently.

“I won’t feel satisfied until I know you’re safe Melodee. Sorry about that” he smiled apologetically as he walked after her as they headed for the cafeteria.

“So can you see them anywhere, this Moria you spoke of?” He glanced around the tables, noting one with only two people at it, before looking for anyone he knew.

"Aw, that's sweet. Thank you." She smiled back at him as they walked to the cafeteria. She looked around for a glimpse of Moira and Cizzur, two people who would be really hard to miss, but couldn't locate them. "Hm, they must not be in here. Maybe..." she then spotted Tegan and Moonshine sitting at a table by themselves. "Oh, there's Tegan and Moonshine!" She waved in their direction, then turned to Fikel again. "Thanks for all your help. Oh, and one more thing..." She pulled out the wallet and held it out for him to examine. "This wouldn't happen to be yours, would it?"

Edited by Silver_Voices

Moonshine turned her head and saw Melodee waving at them and her mood instantly soured.

Fikel smiled at Melodee before frowning and looking over the wallet. He opened it and slipped one of the cards out and frowned. It was a driver’s licence with a picture on it. The man looked similar to him except for the eyes.

“So this is the guy they always talk about. We really do look a lot alike…But no this isn’t my wallet.” He pulled out a call card and held it out for Melodee.

“Look he’s got a card with a number on it too. You could try calling him later on.” He held out the remainder of the wallet back to her and smiled.

“Well, I guess I’ll be going then” he glanced to the door, and then waved his hand in farewell.

“I guess I’ll see you later, goodbye.” Fikel wouldn’t know the number on the call card was his own, nor that the licence was a fake.

((Just Cizzur left. Moira is still around. But I'll have her not be on the table so there will be a reason Melodee didn't saw her.))

Tegan smiled and waved back. The emotion coming from Moonshine when she saw Melodee informed him that this had been a strategic mistake. He had no idea if she considered Melodee another fangirl, if there was genuine jealousy of if she disliked her for another reason but that she did was clear.

Tegan turned his head catching Moira's gaze, who was standing in line to get herself a coffee. Then he nodded in the direction of Melodee. Problem solved... hopefully.

Melodee took the card, then nodded. "Yeah, that's him. I suppose I'll just call him sometime." She smiled, tilting her head to the side. "Anyway, thank you. I'll see you again sometime." She waved, then headed over to the table to join Tegan and Moonshine. "Well, that was an eventful morning." She looked around. "I didn't see Moira and Cizzur. Are they out?"

Moonshine raised her hand and pointed at Moria and then at the door.

“Moria in the line, Cizzur is gone somewhere” she replied. Closing her eyes she mused silently on her thoughts for a moment.

“Who was that guy you were standing close to” she asked without any obvious curiosity. She pulled out a book and began reading it.

“Tell me all about it.”

"Oh, that was Fikel. We just met." Melodee could tell Moonshine wasn't really interested in what had happened, but decided to relate the events of the day so far. "Well, I woke up this morning and I realized I didn't have a key to the music room yet, so I decided I'd do something while I waited for Moira to get back. I went out to the parking lot, I don't even remember why, but then... I think I got hit by a car or something. Well, apparently Fikel saw me and took me back to his apartment. He gave me some pain killers and put a brace on my wrist, because it had broken or something. Also bandaged my head." Here she swept aside her bangs to reveal the new mark that scarred her face. "I woke up there, then we talked a little. Well, I healed and he drove me back here." She shrugged. "It was pretty weird, cause I thought I recognized him from somewhere, but it turned out not being him."