Fortune86

Fell Haven 2

Moonshine turne her head to glanced out the window. "Nothing important, I was meeting with someone." She paused and mused silently, what if he asked who she was meeting. "They're only in town for a few days and they asked me to come and meet them." She turned to glanced back at Tegan before saying "What was the Seminar about?"

"That's up to you" said Eli. "But I would advise that you do not advertise Ed's powers or that you plan on using them to find the killer."

Airth mentioned Tegan, her dislike of him evident. Eli nodded and replied as he walked towards the door.

"If I see him I'll speak to him."

Silently Caim followed Eli out into the corridor and dropped back into the mortal realm when they turned the corner.

"Why are you here?" asked Eli. "I said I'd do this alone."

"I decided to err on the side of caution" replied Caim. "I met Kaya at the market. I think she tried to tell me something."

Eli stopped walking and turned to look at his servant.

"Of course. Abel must know all about this."

A look of annoyance spread across the young necromancer's face. Abel was theoretically the best source of information for pretty much anything you wanted to know. The problem was getting him to tell you that information. There were so many rules and laws binding him it was surprising you could get away with asking him what day it was.

((Feel free to have anyone eavesdrop.))

"The role of journalism in politics." Tegan lifted his glas but did not drink much.

"So. No one important? " Tegan allowed doubt to colour his voice. Moonshine wasn't sitting in a restaurant she disliked, wearing a gown she hated because of someone unimportant.

"And does this unimportant man have a name?"

He studied Moonshine silently prepared to wait how ever long she took to reply.

((And yes both me and Tegan know she hasn't admitted yet it was a man. He has phrased it that way deliberatly.))

---

Lysin was in a corridor that was in a 90 degree angle to the one Eli and Caim were in. He had stumbled when he came back from the toilet. His shoe was open again. He sighed and knelt down to fix the mess.

"I decided to err on the side of caution. I met Kaya at the market. I think she tried to tell me something."

"Of course. Abel must know all about this."

It wasn't much but it made him curious. Having fixed his shoe, Lysin stood up and revealed himself.

"Who is Abel? And who is your friend?" He nodded at Caim. With his white hair and blue eyes he reminded him a bit of Tommy but his skin had more colour.

Edited by Laura-Lana

(tongue.gif you caught that)

Moonshine mused for a moment again, and turned her gaze to Tegan. She shrugged, there was nothing wrong with telling him his name after all. "Rydan, but why did you need to know that for?" She had no reason to lie after all, it wasn't like Tegan would know him. "You wouldn't know him, He only came up for a few days."

(I was going to catch him out, but I wouldn't have noticed if you hadn't pointed it out so it was cheeting.)

"Rydan." Tegan repeated. He had a name and a face now. Enough to do a little research, if Moonshine decided to stop answering his questions now. Or if he decided he didn't belive her... Absentmindely he drank down the rest of his water.

"I still want to know why he wanted to meet you. Is he a relative of yours?"

A look of horrified shock passed across Ei's face when he realised they had been overheard. Carefully making his face go blank he turned to face Lysin, who was standing just a few feet a way.

"This is Caim" he said gesturing over his shoulder. "He's...my gentleman's gentleman, as it were."

Caim was staring at Lysin with such a look of hatred and annoyance that it was surprising the latter man hadn't burst into flames.

Moonshine frowned, "Why are you asking me all these questions Tegan." She paused, musing for a moment. He probably went to the lecture, and then came here with the class...Thud, it all clicked into place. He had seen her with Rydan. Anger, and nervousness coused through her before being replaced by the realisation of what he would have seen it as. Her head fell onto the table with a loud thud and she sighed. "You saw...."

((got to stop now people. I've got to do some work. *hugs*))

Lysin grinned. "Caim? Really? Or was that the first name that came to your mind because I had just mentioned Abel? You know Caim and Abel. Oh wait. That was Kain and Abel."

A bit belatedly he noticed Caims expression.

"Hey! No reason to look at me like I have just crawled from a slimehole. I HAVE bathed this moring. I am fairly sure of that.."

---

"I did. And I want some answers."

Edited by Laura-Lana

Moonshine's whole body froze for a moment. "You want some answers?" She stood up, the chair grating and slammed her hand on the table. Her eyes were blazing angrily. "I thought you were better than this Tegan. He's my freaking brother okay? What am I not allowed to talk to a male person without you drawing conclusions? Do you really think I'm like THAT?" She turned, and walked out of the restaurant, and stormed down the street.

(Bye bye, check the ooc if you can later)

Edited by warewolves

At Lysin's remark Eli glanced behind him, saw Caim's expression and gently pushed the undead servant back a little. Obviously Lysin was one of the few who had not heard of Caim, or why it was a bad idea to anger him.

"Just ignore him" he said as jovially as he could manage to Lysin. "I'm afraid you surprised us and he doesn't like that."

While he spoke Eli tried to think of a way they could leave without seeming rude and avoiding any further questions about Abel. Abel's presence in New Mansburg was even more unwelcome than Eli's, even though he had never done anything wrong.

“Um-Excuse me…Eli was it?” spoke a voice, interrupting the conversation. Reivy, for of course it was her, stood there with a pile of papers held to her chest with her two hands and gazing at the group with a slight nervousness. “I-um- I am Reivy, I study at the Department of Supernatural Research.” She paused, glancing between them. She took a step forward, passing Lysin who she gave a respectful nod to. As she turned her hair caught on a loose bolt and as she pulled her hair out of it the bolt flew straight for Lysin, narrowly missing him. “I-I’m sorry sir… It-It shouldn’t happen again” She took a step away from Lysin, and turned back to Eli. “I was busy working at the time, but there were some students muttering about a-“she paused, her expression suggesting some words were omitted. “They were talking about a necromancer who was talking to the professor. I have a slightly selfish request of you, if you would please hear me out.” She glanced downward, “I was-uh-wondering if I could-ah-talk to you about a few things; your powers, your job, a few other things.” She blinked and took a step back, avoiding the crack in the pavement, and her face looked stricken. “Ah! You don’t have to if you don’t want to it’s just I like hearing about other people’s powers and other things about the world because I can remember things perfectly and I love hearing about new things I haven’t hear before and I have never had a chance to talk to a necromancer before so if you don’t want to that is fine I just wanted to have a conversation with someone who doesn’t take a step back from me because they don’t know me and won’t know about what might happen after spending some time with me even for a minute or two so-“ she stopped, taking a few breaths.

Tegan threw the money for his drink on the table and followed the angry Moonshine outside.

"To your information mystery girl, I wanted answers because I wanted to avoid jumping to conclusions. There is a certain, important difference between accusing someone and asking them to explain a catchy situation.

Secondly, you are wearing a dress that you wouldn't be caught dead in if it were up to you alone. A dress you only wear if you want to please someone else.

You meet someone in a restaurant you don't like. A place you wouldn't visit unless it was to please someone else.

And that someone else is goodlooking man your age that I've never seen before. It really surprises you that makes me wonder?

If you believe that is the equivalent of telling the pizzaboy you want mushrooms and onions on your pizza you need your head adjusted.

Have you told me you are going to meet your brother? Have you told me you have a brother to begin with?

If you have problems with me asking questions maybe you should speak up, before it becomes an issue.

And finally, whatever gave you the notion I am one of the good guys?"

He reached for her shoulder to force her to look into his furious eyes.

"I don't care if you admit it or not, but you are mine. And if I ever conclude you are cheating on me, I'll destroy you lover so utterly he's going to curse the day he was born."

((Hopefully that sounded obsessive enough xd.png)

((Just out of interest, where did the loose bolt ome from? I was under the impression that Eli, Caim and Lysin were just chatting outside in the corridor...))

Eli was a little taken back when a girl approached him and asked about his abilities. He exchanged a glance with Caim over his shoulder before looking back at the girl when she finally finished speaking.

"I'm really sorry" he said gently. "But Necromancy isn't really something that can be discussed freely. Things can go very wrong you see, especially if people try to replicate our magics."

((Naff post is naff.))

((loose bolt? I should have read that post more carefully, but i was too fixated on the Moonshine/Tegan one.

You are right about the corridor by the way *goes to reread*

Oh that. Probably something were a picture hung normally. Maybe loose nail would have been the better description. ))

It wasn't luck that had the bolt missing Lysin. Not around Reivy where no one ever had luck.

Knowing her Lysin had readied himself and managed to use his power to divert the object. Though it had been a little closer than he was comfortable with.

"Reivy, you are a good girl and I am sure most of us will happily chat with you if you agree to keep your distance. And that is not because we don't like you. We do, but..."

The lamp over Lysin suddenly came loose and fell down. Lysin hastily took a step back and fell over his shoelaces which had become loose again, despite the fact that a minute before he had tied them close.

Lysin looked up from the floor to her. "... being close to you is dangerous. You don't want people hurt, right?"

Edited by Laura-Lana

Ei took a step back in surprise when Lysin fell flat on his face. When the man began to try and pull himself up Eli stepped forward to to aid him but was hindered when Caim grabbed his arm.

"Don't get too close" he hissed, his eyes on the girl apparently named Reivy. It didn't take a genius to work out that she had some kind of luck based talent.

Edited by Fortune86

"Good advice." Lysin murmured and carefully crawled a bit backwards before he attempted to get on his feet again.

Reivy was nice, but sometimes it seemed to Lysin that she lacked common sense.

The worst that could happen to Lysin if he stayed around her was him dying. Which would be a tragedy for Lysin, but the world would move on. He had no idea what the worst was that would happen if a nekromant was hit by some real bad luck but he imagined it wouldn't be pretty.

Of course Reivy had never had to experience the consequences of dumb decisions. Fate tended to arrange things in a way that made her come out ahead no matter the circumstances. Except for her little problem with people prefering to stay a safe distance from her.

Eli however, was not a genius. He looked from Caim, to Lysin, to Reivy with a confused expression. As far as he knew, Lysin had just fallen over. Probaly lost his balance dodging the falling lamp. What was all the fuss about?

"Am I going to be let in on the loop here?" he asked trying to pull his arm free from Caim's tight grasp.

Caim ignored his young master and looked straight at Lysin.

"If you will excuse us, perhaps it would be best we leave. My master has been rather jumpy of late as it is."

"I have not!" protested Eli, but it didn't do any good. Caim was already dragging him away.

Moonshine's eyes blased furiously. She stopped for a moment, her hands clenched and breathed out deeply. When she looked to Tegan she was once again devoid of emotion. "Unlike society, I actually care about what my family thinks, except for my sister anyway. They want a prip and prip little princes, so I give it to them. I rarely see them Tegan, and their visits are never happy. I'm supprised you missed that. I would have thought Tegan you were smart enough to know I'm not the kind of person who would 'cheat' as you put it." She turned away "I suggest you leave me alone for a while Tegan. I am not in the mood." She turned and continued walking away. She paused and loked over her sholder, her eyes looked at him with sadness. "I thought you knew me better, enough to know such thoughs of 'checking' are just as insulting as saying so, enough to know that I would never do that." She turned away, her voice hard "I guess, I thought wrong." She closed her eyes and walked away once more, her anger fading to reveal the emotions underlying it.

Reivy looked down at his answer. And then her face turned to look at Lysin. She turned her gaze to Eli and looked at him sadly “People stay clear from me. I give them back luck.” She glanced down and looked away. “I guess it was a fruitless dream, I just wanted a conversation without people worrying about me getting them killed. It isn’t like I can control it, it just is. I thought maybe the bad luck wouldn’t affect certain supers. But with everyone avoiding me I can’t test the theory. I’m not even allowed into the lab anymore.” She turned and started walking away, “I wish people would stop seeing me for my power…”

(I'm trying to get Reivy to appeal to Eli, it's probably not working.

Come on, help me out Fortune tongue.gif)

Edited by warewolves

((The problem is in Eli's case a spot of bad luck for him gets spread around to everyone else. His ability to control the creatures he creates is fragile at best. He could easily destroy half the building without thinking, which I dare say would not go down well with Airth and her students.))

Eli watched the girl go and then turned on Caim.

"What was that all about? Couldn't you have been a little nicer to her? And why won't you let go of me? You're crushing my elbow."

"As your servant your safety is my top priority. I must keep you alive, even at the risk of incurring your wrath."

Caim continued to pull Eli up the other corridor, as far away from Reivy and Lysin as he could.

((So what kind of emotions does he get now? I reserve the right to edit once I get the answer))

Tegan crossed his arms over his chest.

"I was supposed to know? And how, pray tell me? You are the one who refuses to even admit you are my girlfriend. If you want me to feel secure about your affections you might want to stop working on making me doubt myself."

Why was she throwing a hissi fit about something she could have cleared up with a word?, he wondered. Unfortunately the only explanation that presented itself to him was that it wasn't nearly as harmless as she had claimed. People didn't get that defensive about a simple misunderstanding. Nor had one of her other emotions added up. She had clearly tried to mislead him earlier at the campus and been far too shocked when he told her he had seen her with her companion.

Tegan didn't truly think she had been cheating on him. Despite his words he did indeed knew her too well for that. But he was fairly certain that she keeping secrets from him of the kind which would come back to bite.

Edited by Laura-Lana

Caim didn't release his grip until he had dragged Eli all the way outside into the relative safety of the campus grounds. Highly annoyed with his servant Eli strode away several feet and began to smooth down his clothes.

"You could try being a little politer to people. It's hard enough getting into people's good favour without you rubbing them up the wrong way."

"Why are you so obsessed with getting people to like you? I never bothered with friends."

"Yeah, and look where that got you" snapped Eli turning around and staring angrily at Caim. "People help keep other people grounded. I need to remember that I am in fact, not better then everyone else."

(*The sudden realisation you've been up all night*)

(uuuh, half asleep but I think it was a deep sadness, and hurt)

(Like I said, tired so I'm a bit in-coherent, hard to portray moonshine right)

Moonshine paused standing still. One of the passerby's glanced to her, and frowned, before continuing on. Her face was shrouded in shade, but it almost looked as if she was crying. She opened her mouth to answer, and then closed it and hugged herself as she held in the sob that was close to escaping. She began walking again, teleporting accross the road instinctively. She glanced back, just once, at Tegan with a face that was barely holding in the tears, before breaking into a run down the street.

Caim and Eli walked in silence for a while, Eli being too angry to talk and Caim not really caring. Eventually Eli remembered that he was trying to do something and realised he needed to get more information. The last victim was a Tsunikama Lutima. The police had probably already spoken to the family, but there was no harm in him taking a look himself.

Eli changed direction and headed for the nearby Goverment office buildings. Normally people weren't just allowed to wander in and out as they pleased, but most people couldn't walk through walls. Eli shifted into the other realm and walked unseen through the building until he came to the office he wanted. Unfortunately there were a couple of women in there, so Eli couldn't pull himself back into the living world without being seen.

Knowing he couldn't stay long in this world without attracting attention Eli walked around the desks until he was standing directly behind one of the women. As he had hoped she was looking at the town's records on her computer. He pulled a spirit out of his jacket and dropped it onto the keyboard.

"Find me Tsunikama Lutima" he whispered.

The spirit seeped into the keyboard and began to type away under the office workers fingers. For a few seconds the woman didn't notice anything, but when her screen started flashing up records and programmes she didn't want she swore and called over to her colleague.

"Damn system is bugging up again. Call Micky will you? It keeps pulling up the wrong information."

She didn't even feel anything as Eli leaned through her to read the information the spirit had found for him. It appeared that Tsunikama Lutima had a relative that lived close by, someone only known as Fikel.

Reading and trying to memorize this Fikel's address Eli called back the spirit and hurried back through the walls until he was outside and freely able to phase back into the human world.