Fortune86

Fell Haven 2

And Professor Loyne said, if you want to he'd come and listen to decide if he could grant you a scholarship once you are old enough to attent the academy."

Melodee gasped. "Are... are you serious, Tegan? He'd do that?" She bit her lip and looked down at her feet. "I... I don't think I could go to college..." She felt her face flush. "I never had an education... I can't read." She wondered what everyone would think of her now that she had revealed her major flaw.

She had tried to learn a little while she was living in random schools. But everytime she was caught she had to move on. Anything she had learned seemed to crumble with every new 'home.' But maybe with this new place, the college as her home, she'd be able to learn basics. Read, write, arithmetic... Maybe, just maybe. But she was getting ahead of herself. She looked up to see everyone's reaction.

"Professor Loyne said he'd do it, so I wouldn't doubt that he will."

Tegan raised a brow when Melodee said she couldn't read. He would have guessed anyone sophisticated enough to play the piano would have no problem with basic skills like those.

"As long as the education is a problem and not some kind of weird disorder that makes reading impossible for you the solution is easy." he said, "We'll have to make sure you learn reading, Melodee."

Cizzur felt an unexpected sympathy. Having to struggle with reading, writing and maths all his life, he had a good idea how Melodee felt.

"Don't worry. Even I managed to learn it eventually and you look smarter than me."

"It would be quite a feat to look dumber than you, Ciz."

"Watch your mouth Tegan or you'll get hurt."

Moonshine watched Melodee closely, and as she watched her reactions her suspicions ebbed a bit. She didn't like the girl, but then she didn't like a lot of people, but if this girl was to be hanging out with Moria, then the chances were nothing bad would happen. She glanced between the group and frowned as she noticed Moria was not here. Shaking it off she pulled out her phone and glanced at a message.

"Professor Loyne said he'd do it, so I wouldn't doubt that he will."

Tegan raised a brow when Melodee said she couldn't read. He would have guessed anyone sophisticated enough to play the piano would have no problem with basic skills like those.

"As long as the education is a problem and not some kind of weird disorder that makes reading impossible for you the solution is easy." he said, "We'll have to make sure you learn reading, Melodee."

Cizzur felt an unexpected sympathy. Having to struggle with reading, writing and maths all his life, he had a good idea how Melodee felt.

"Don't worry. Even I managed to learn it eventually and you look smarter than me."

"It would be quite a feat to look dumber than you, Ciz."

"Watch your mouth Tegan or you'll get hurt."

Melodee gasped and smiled brightly, but hesitantly. "You... You'll teach me?" She giggled a tiny bit then burst into full out joyous laughter. "Oh, Thank you! Thank you, Tegan!" She almost flew towards him and wrapped her arms around his neck, giving him an almost undetectable kiss on the cheek. "You're amazing."

She released his neck and looked at Cizzur, smiling. "Appearances aren't everything, Cizzur. Even if I looked smarter, that doesn't mean I am... You seem pretty street-smart, and you're obviously a lot book-smarter than me." She tilted her head. "But... I'm sure I'll learn." She grinned. "Yes, I'll learn." She looked at the three people in the room. "You're all so kind to me... Thank you so much. I'll always remember your kindness."

Tegan instinctively held her close, but was more then ready to release her when she let go again. He shot Moonshine a look over Melodees head, which was part questioning and part upset with maybe a tiny trace of guilt when he felt her kiss.

He had no idea what Moonshine wanted to know but he seriously hoped she had found it out by now. Tegan worried Melodee might fall in love with him and then he'd either have to arrange her falling in love with someone else which required a lot of work and had no guarantee of sucess or endure the backwash of her heartbreak, which was something he hated.

"Melodee" he said carefully. "I did not mean to teach you myself. I mean I can do some of it if you really want to, but I am not the best teacher around. My cousin Finn works with teenagers, who havn't gotten the chances in life they ought to and he knows several teachers or programms who specialize in helping people learn to read and such at a later date in life. I was planning to ask him to get you lessons there. Is that okay with you?"

Cizzur crossed his arms. "I am not kind" he growled. "Do I look like Santa Claus to you?"

Moonshine closed her eyes and sighed. She was still suspicious, but she was satisfied. Opening them again she glanced around the room, and then headed for the door. "If everyone will excuse me, I've got to go and pick up my sister...She'll be arriving soon." She turned to glance to them and paused at the door. She didn't like Melodee, she decided. The girl was nice and all, but a little too willing to react to a man's praise. 'Stupid fangirls' she thought to herself. If she managed not to get in Moonshine's way, then she didn't care. "She passed the test" she spoke, and closed the door and headed down the stairs. Aparently they had fixed the bug that had allowed her to teleport in. She growled.

(Problemmo fixed.)

Tegan instinctively held her close, but was more then ready to release her when she let go again. He shot Moonshine a look over Melodees head, which was part questioning and part upset with maybe a tiny trace of guilt when he felt her kiss.

He had no idea what Moonshine wanted to know but he seriously hoped she had found it out by now. Tegan worried Melodee might fall in love with him and then he'd either have to arrange her falling in love with someone else which required a lot of work and had no guarantee of sucess or endure the backwash of her heartbreak, which was something he hated.

"Melodee" he said carefully. "I did not mean to teach you myself. I mean I can do some of it if you really want to, but I am not the best teacher around. My cousin Finn works with teenagers, who havn't gotten the chances in life they ought to and he knows several teachers or programms who specialize in helping people learn to read and such at a later date in life. I was planning to ask him to get you lessons there. Is that okay with you?"

Cizzur crossed his arms. "I am not kind" he growled. "Do I look like Santa Claus to you?"

Melodee felt Tegan's tenseness and Cizzur's slight anger. She had probably stepped over a line. She smiled cautiously and answered Tegan's question. "Yeah, that'd be great. I just meant, you'd get me to someone who'd teach me."

She heard Moonshine's comment. She looked at her as she left, then back at Tegan. "Test? What test?"

"Sorry to intrude," Cyrus explained, "your friend here doesn't appear on the wide area scans," the android then turned to Caim. "With your permission, I'd like to take a focused scan of you to try to identify your energy signature, then scan the area for anything similar."

Caim glared first at Cyrus and then down at the device in his hand. Very slowly he reached out and took the device in his hand, then crushed it. Bits of it dropped through the gaps and bounced across the ground.

"You are not going to make any friends like that" sighed Eli. "I'm very sorry" he said to Cyrus. "He's not a people person."

"Since there is nothing here of concern to us I suggest we leave" sad Caim ignoring Cyrus.

They still had one more death to investigate and the day was nearly over. Although there was nothing stopping them from working at night people became more nervous of Necromancers in the dark. They seemed to think they worked like vampires and became more dangerous when the light faded. which was another urban myth. Vampires could be dangerous regardless of the light level.

Moonshine, once outside the building, teleported to the bus stop her sister said she was coming to. She growled once more, now she would have to look after her. She imagined how she would react, with high irritation. 'Oh my god, how are you. It's great to see you', she growled again. "Stupid sister and stupid genetics or whatever." She paused as a bus pulled up, and gazed at the door and waited with a blank expression for her sister.

Edited by warewolves

All Erin has been thinking about is what she going to say to her sister. Finally Erin gets off the bus after a couple of hours being nervous about seeing her sister agin. She diden't know what to say cause she hasen't seen her for years. As the bus door opens and she see's her sister standing there wating for her.

(Past tense not presesent. And try and do more then 4, try saying something about the suroundings.)

Moonshine saw her sister get off the bus and gave her the once over. "Come on then, we'll find you an apartment or something." She turned and made her way down the streed, glancing back to ensure Erin was following her. She wondered where she would put her sister, she did have a room in her home but she would rather not have her around her own home. She suposed she could ask Tegan, he would know the best way to 'bring her into society.' She paused and turned and held out her hand. "Take my hand, I'll teleport us to the destination." Well, outside it she growled inwardly.

Erin took Moonshines hand "ok,lets go".So they teleported to a building so they went inside to look around."moonshine i dont want to live by myself can you come vist me erin pauses and waits for moonshine to reply "do you want this one' moonshine waits for erin to reply"yes it's good so there jouney has just begin.

(No for one you powerplayed by saying we teleported, meaning you teleported using my character.

And you controlled my character, forcing me to say "Do you want this one?", which is powerplaying to.

like this:

Erin took moonshine's hand, and spoke "ok, lets go." She grasped Moonshine's hand and waited for them to be teleported. "I don't want to live by myself, can you come visit me?" she paused again, to give moonshine a chance to reply. After they teleported, she gazed around for the apartment Moonshine had spoke about.

See? Much better. You'll get it , just remember to close "These marks" and not to controll other's characters.

If you want, I can grab you a mentor who would pm you and help you learn this stuff.)

Moonshine teleported them back outside Tegan's building complex thing. After going inside, she pressed the button and said "Tegan, would you ming letting me in?" Pausing, she glanced to her sister before removing her hand and leaning against the wall. "Be paitent, we will have one soon enough for you to live in..." She continued her calm, stotic image, and thought about her options on this matter.

(yes i would like a mentor please)

Erin likes the idea and coulden't wait to find her new place. Erin walks next to moonshine grabing her hand 'Moonshine why am i different from other teenagers?"Erin pauses and waits for moonshines reply .Meanwhile Erin follows behind Moonshine wondering were they were going."Moonshine im tired i want to rest"Erin waits for Moonshne to reply.

(http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=57591&st=0)

(Still present tense Ki, it should be liked, walked, grabbed, paused, waited, followed, waited, you get the picture.)

Moonshine raised an eyebrow, while leaning aginst the wall and watching her sister. "You're not so different here kid, most of the neighborhood is filled with supers, so never think you're so special. Not only does it cause bad emotions, it causes fights too." Her eyesbrow raised even further as she glanced around and motioned to the seat in the corner "Be my guest."

(ok)

Erin goes and sits down "thank you moonshine" Erin gets back up and continues walking behind moonshine. All of a sudden Erin starts daydreaming about the good old days when she use to muck around wth her boyfriend,friends and hang out with her sister."mooonshine do you rember those days when you use to come vist and we use to hang out"Erin pauses and waits for moonshines reply.Meanwhile Erin keeps follwing moonshine wondering were they were heading.(is this better)

Caim glared first at Cyrus and then down at the device in his hand. Very slowly he reached out and took the device in his hand, then crushed it. Bits of it dropped through the gaps and bounced across the ground.

"You are not going to make any friends like that" sighed Eli. "I'm very sorry" he said to Cyrus. "He's not a people person."

"Since there is nothing here of concern to us I suggest we leave" sad Caim ignoring Cyrus.

They still had one more death to investigate and the day was nearly over. Although there was nothing stopping them from working at night people became more nervous of Necromancers in the dark. They seemed to think they worked like vampires and became more dangerous when the light faded. which was another urban myth. Vampires could be dangerous regardless of the light level.

"It's no great loss" Cyrus replyed, "the handheld has an automatic backup. If it's damaged, it immedatly takes a snapshot scan of the surrounding area." The android then reached down and pulled a small computer chip from the wrecked scanner. "I'll see what the lab boys can pull from this," he said. Cyrus then turned around and walked back to the machine he had set up, and began to carefully dismantle it.

((PAST tense vampire))

Edited by sailing101

(Your first sentence was perfect, and then you went back to present. Also if you start a sentence with "These make sure you capitalise it.")

(They are already there, they are in reception waiting for someone, you should read all of the post, not just the words.)

Moonshine replied simple "That was a long time ago Erin." She closed her eyes and wondered where the hell Tegan had got to. If he was still canodeling with that girl, she growled inwardly. Opeing her eyes she eyes the intercom, and considered a less polite response. She decided she could wait a while longer.

"It's no great loss" Cyrus replyed, "the handheld has an automatic backup. If it's damaged, it immedatly takes a snapshot scan of the surrounding area." The android then reached down and pulled a small computer chip from the wrecked scanner. "I'll see what the lab boys can pull from this," he said. Cyrus then turned around and walked back to the machine he had set up, and began to carefully dismantle it.

((PAST tense vampire))

Caim merely shrugged and turned away when Cyrus left. It wasn't like he would show up on any any piece of equipment anyway. No science had evolved that far and mostly likely never would.

"What now?" he asked Eli.

"I think I had better handle this next one alone" Eli replied as he scanned the horizon.

"What? Why?"

"Because it's at the TV station. The last thing we need is someone filming you losing your temper."

((Laura, who would Eli be able to talk to about Samatha?))

Issac decided he'd meet up with Eli, just to simply say hi and thank him a bit more properly. He then noticed right next to Issac was one of Talon's lackeys, the robot that kept falling apart named Cyrus. The poor build of the robot was enough to tell Issac who it was.

"You guys go where ever you like, I'll catch up with you later. Okay?" Issac said to Leon and Isis, who were now watching him as he opened his eyes. They knew he was doing his little scans from this, because otherwise Issac always had his eyes open scanning his current surroundings.

"Okay, sure." Leon shrugged. "Whatever you feel like I guess. You do realize you haven't been a very good guide, right?"

"Yeah, I know. I'll help you more later, after I've signed a contract for a house or something." Issac then headed off towards Eli, who was in the park, judging by his general direciton and somewhat close distance. Making use of his acrobatics, he made his way through alleyways and the streets quite easily. Eventually he came to the square. Issac saw Eli and Cyrus, along with the person Issac detected walking with Eli the whole time. Taking a quick moment to feel around, he noticed the number of metallic spiders had dropped. Not as many were following Eli at this point, in fact, most of them seemed to just run out of Issac's range of his metal 'radar.' Not that it was hard to do, if anything got outside of a half-mile from Issac, it'd just disappear, anything beyond that took far too much focus to maintain for long, not even the slightest distraction could be around for it to even begin to work.

Opening his eyes again, he continued into the park. As he stepped in, his favorite crow landed on his shoulder pad, which was always on his left shoulder.

JT worked extra hard on his new security system, but his main focus was on Cizzur's extra little gift.

So if I can enable a small invisible, untouchable type of shield around his body... maybe it could generate a negative energy field to counter his own energy levels to negate visibility of his regenerative abilities... JT thought to himself. If I can make a little object that can do that... like a pen... or badge... or maybe even a ring... Wait no... it can't be metal, just in case he ever has to go to somewhere with a metal detector... Something that can be hidden easily too so he wouldn't have to take it off...

Melodee felt Tegan's tenseness and Cizzur's slight anger. She had probably stepped over a line. She smiled cautiously and answered Tegan's question. "Yeah, that'd be great. I just meant, you'd get me to someone who'd teach me."

She heard Moonshine's comment. She looked at her as she left, then back at Tegan. "Test? What test?"

"Good." Tegan gave her a warm smile to make up for Cizzur's rudeness and his own sudden distance. By now the poor girl probably felt like a pinball.

The bomb Moonshine had dropped before leaving didn't made it easier.

He took a sip of his drink to gain some time and pushed a hand through his silky hair.

"The test to determine if you were trustworthy. Moonshine had her suspicions about you and aparently they are now laid to rest. Which, I very much hope, means I am free to tell you that she is indeed my girlfriend, now."

Caim wasn't too happy about leaving Eli on his own, but complied with his request. He was his master after all.

When he was left alone Eli took a moment to enjoy the park. His job usually took him to so rather nasty place and situations. It was nice to be able to stand out in the sunshine and look at the peacful beauty of nature, if you ignored the fact that half of nature was usually tring to kill the other half.

((If anyone wants to talk to Eli this is your chance. I'll have him leave the park in my next post otherwise.))

So far Eli and Caim had stayed near the street or buildings were there was stone enough to melt into, but now Eli was walking deeper into the park, walking on earth instead of stone. Once again Moira had to rise from the stone and follow him over the ground. She walked silently a usefull skill for someone in her profession, yet if he moved his head at the wrong moment he'd see her.

As Eli walked deeper into the park he came across some patches of flowers. Every now and again he'd pause and inspect them, taking what joy he could from their bright colours and sweet smells.

When he reached the fifth patch he noticed that someone had dumped a crisp packet down amongst them. Sighing he bent down and picked up. Straightening up again he looked around for a bin and saw to his surprise that he was being followed.

"Miss Moira?"

Moira had tried to stay as covered as she could but when they came to a meadow with patches of flowers there simply wasn't much she could have hid behind.

Still, everything went well until he picked something up. When he straightened again he looked around and spotted her.

"Miss Moira?"

If she had been able to feel embarrased she probably would have now. As it was she watched him a few seconds out of her weird black eyes, eventually deciding to answer him.

"Good evening, Eli. And I believe it's either just Moira or Miss Freeze. Moira is my first name."

Edited by Laura-Lana